Stray - Willy Pass (South Island)
- Our saving
- US $ 401
- Age range
- 18 to 49 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- PIPlamenWritten on December 23, 20174.5 - ExcellentExcellent experienceShow detailed ratings
- LYLiangWritten on May 30, 20174.0 - GoodThe drivers that I have met are nice and helpful. The accommodations they provide are good values. Nice experience so far!Show detailed ratings
- GGemmaWritten on April 29, 20174.5 - ExcellentI done 2 weeks around the South Island with Stray and loved it!! Our main driver (Romeoo) was so helpful and informative. The activities offered are great, good stop offs on journeys, most accommodation was good, reservations team were helpful. Loved it!Show detailed ratings
- KKevinWritten on April 28, 20174.5 - ExcellentI choose to travel with stray after wanting to explore more having no one to travel with stray was the perfect option. Everyone made me feel super welcome and you soon make a close group of friends which you end up touring snf drinking with. Id highly recommend stray if your 22 or older snd looking to explore some of the gems new zealand has to.offerShow detailed ratings
- SSvenWritten on January 10, 20173.5 - GoodMy Stray experience was quit good! It's nice that you stop on different places between the citys for photo stops and that you have the first nights in the accommodations guaranteed. The drivers are friendly and cool and I met people from all over the world.Show detailed ratings
- JjuliaWritten on March 11, 20163.0 - AverageI saw a lot (most of the sigthseeing things) from nzl in a short timeShow detailed ratingsStray Travel commented on this reviewCheers for reviewing!
- AAnonymousWritten on May 29, 20155.0 - ExcellentReally great way to travel around New Zealand. Convenient transport and available accomodation with background knowledge on what to do and where to visit. Some great stops at scenic sights and short walks to break up the drives. Made some great friends too! Loved it!
- AAnonymousWritten on May 18, 20155.0 - ExcellentWould recommend stray to any one traveling NZ. I ended up extending my trip because of the people I met on the stray busses. Great activities with some discounts and awesome drivers. While I n Franz Joseph our glacial hike was canceled due to bad weather. We also had rained for the two days we had in Able Tazmen, so everyone was numbed about the glacial, so our driver re arranged some things and got us on an early hike the morning we left Franz. If it wasn't for our driver going above and beyond, we never would have gone on the glacier, Thanks Lolly!!
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Christchurch to Kaikoura
- Kaikoura to Picton
- Picton to Marahau (Abel Tasman)
- Marahau (Abel Tasman)
- Marahau (Abel Tasman) to Westport
- Westport to Franz Josef
- Franz Josef
- Franz Josef to Wanaka
- Wanaka to Queenstown
- Queenstown to Aoraki/Mt Cook
- Mt Cook to Christchurch
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- May 1, 2016
Is the accommodation included in the tour price?
The accommodation is not included, but the price is very accessible.
Standard dorm accommodation is at an average cost per night.
The cost will vary at each location.
Accommodation is guaranteed at all Stray overnight stops with the tour, so you indeed don't need to pre-book anything.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Chris10th October 2017
Stray - Willy Pass (South Island)
- Upcoming departures
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- ThursdayMay 24, 2018from Christchurch13 DaysTuesdayJun 5, 2018to Christchurch5 seats leftOnly 3 days left toSave $136$537-25%USD $401
- SundayMay 27, 2018from Christchurch13 DaysFridayJun 8, 2018to Christchurch5 seats leftOnly 3 days left toSave $136$537-25%USD $401
- TuesdayMay 29, 2018from Christchurch13 DaysSundayJun 10, 2018to Christchurch5 seats leftOnly 3 days left toSave $136$537-25%USD $401
- ThursdayMay 31, 2018from Christchurch13 DaysTuesdayJun 12, 2018to Christchurch5 seats leftOnly 3 days left toSave $136$537-25%USD $401
- SundayJun 3, 2018from Christchurch13 DaysFridayJun 15, 2018to Christchurch5 seats leftOnly 3 days left toSave $136$537-25%USD $401
- TuesdayJun 5, 2018from Christchurch13 DaysSundayJun 17, 2018to Christchurch5 seats leftOnly 3 days left toSave $136$537-25%USD $401
- ThursdayJun 7, 2018from Christchurch13 DaysTuesdayJun 19, 2018to Christchurch5 seats leftOnly 3 days left toSave $136$537-25%USD $401
- SundayJun 10, 2018from Christchurch13 DaysFridayJun 22, 2018to Christchurch5 seats leftOnly 3 days left toSave $136$537-25%USD $401
- TuesdayJun 12, 2018from Christchurch13 DaysSundayJun 24, 2018to Christchurch5 seats leftOnly 3 days left toSave $136$537-25%USD $401
- ThursdayJun 14, 2018from Christchurch13 DaysTuesdayJun 26, 2018to Christchurch5 seats leftOnly 3 days left toSave $136$537-25%USD $401
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- DollarNew Zealand
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Christchurch.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 35% to confirm this Stray Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 20 July 2018 the full payment of $401 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $401 for Stray - Willy Pass (South Island), but the deposit of 35% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Stray Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Stray Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Christchurch (New Zealand)
- 151 km
- Kaikoura (New Zealand)
- 126 km
- Picton (New Zealand)
- 95 km
- Abel Tasman NP (New Zealand)
- 147 km
- Westport (New Zealand)
- 213 km
- Franz Josef (New Zealand)
- 170 km
- Wanaka (New Zealand)
- 52 km
- Queenstown (New Zealand)
- 184 km
- Mount Cook (New Zealand)
- 206 km
- Christchurch (New Zealand)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $401 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 792 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 54 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Stray - Willy Pass (South Island) via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 6 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Stray - Willy Pass (South Island)