Stray - Willy Pass (South Island)
- US $ 394
- Rather Poor
- PIPlamenWritten on December 23, 20174.5 - ExcellentExcellent experienceShow detailed ratings
- LYLiangWritten on May 30, 20174.0 - GoodThe drivers that I have met are nice and helpful. The accommodations they provide are good values. Nice experience so far!Show detailed ratings
- GGemmaWritten on April 29, 20174.5 - ExcellentI done 2 weeks around the South Island with Stray and loved it!! Our main driver (Romeoo) was so helpful and informative. The activities offered are great, good stop offs on journeys, most accommodation was good, reservations team were helpful. Loved it!Show detailed ratings
- KKevinWritten on April 28, 20174.5 - ExcellentI choose to travel with stray after wanting to explore more having no one to travel with stray was the perfect option. Everyone made me feel super welcome and you soon make a close group of friends which you end up touring snf drinking with. Id highly recommend stray if your 22 or older snd looking to explore some of the gems new zealand has to.offerShow detailed ratings
- RRaeWritten on March 31, 20173.5 - GoodStray is a really fun experience. It's perfect if you're travelling alone or just want to meet new people, as everyone is very friendly. It has quite a chilled out vibe - some people were into partying and others weren't, and there was no pressure either way. We only did the South Island but they took us to all the best spots and I didn't feel like we missed anything out. If you're into adventure stuff, you get discounts on a lot of things and they make it really easy to get booked on. However I'd advise anybody booking with Stray to make sure you sort out your itinerary at least a month in advance to make sure you get onto the buses you want. There aren't enough buses for the amount of people so even if you are relatively organised you are likely to get stuck in certain places or be forced to buy public bus tickets. I would talk to people who have been to New Zealand and find out which places on the route they recommend to hop off at, then get all that sorted before you go. Unless you're really lucky or travelling at a quiet time, it's hard to change your plans last minute without messing up your whole schedule.Show detailed ratings
- SSvenWritten on January 10, 20173.5 - GoodMy Stray experience was quit good! It's nice that you stop on different places between the citys for photo stops and that you have the first nights in the accommodations guaranteed. The drivers are friendly and cool and I met people from all over the world.Show detailed ratings
- JjuliaWritten on March 11, 20163.0 - AverageI saw a lot (most of the sigthseeing things) from nzl in a short timeShow detailed ratingsStray Travel commented on this reviewCheers for reviewing!
- AAnonymousWritten on May 29, 20155.0 - ExcellentReally great way to travel around New Zealand. Convenient transport and available accomodation with background knowledge on what to do and where to visit. Some great stops at scenic sights and short walks to break up the drives. Made some great friends too! Loved it!
- AAnonymousWritten on May 18, 20155.0 - ExcellentWould recommend stray to any one traveling NZ. I ended up extending my trip because of the people I met on the stray busses. Great activities with some discounts and awesome drivers. While I n Franz Joseph our glacial hike was canceled due to bad weather. We also had rained for the two days we had in Able Tazmen, so everyone was numbed about the glacial, so our driver re arranged some things and got us on an early hike the morning we left Franz. If it wasn't for our driver going above and beyond, we never would have gone on the glacier, Thanks Lolly!!
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Christchurch to Kaikoura
- Kaikoura to Picton
- Picton to Marahau (Abel Tasman)
- Marahau (Abel Tasman)
- Marahau (Abel Tasman) to Westport
- Westport to Franz Josef
- Franz Josef
- Franz Josef to Wanaka
- Wanaka to Queenstown
- Queenstown to Aoraki/Mt Cook
- Mt Cook to Christchurch
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Is the accommodation included in the tour price?
The accommodation is not included, but the price is very accessible.
Standard dorm accommodation is at an average cost per night.
The cost will vary at each location.
Accommodation is guaranteed at all Stray overnight stops with the tour, so you indeed don't need to pre-book anything.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Lynette12th April 2018
Stray - Willy Pass (South Island)
- Upcoming departures
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- SaturdayOct 20, 2018from Christchurch13 DaysThursdayNov 1, 2018to Christchurch5 seats leftUSD $394
- TuesdayOct 23, 2018from Christchurch13 DaysSundayNov 4, 2018to Christchurch5 seats leftUSD $394
- ThursdayOct 25, 2018from Christchurch13 DaysTuesdayNov 6, 2018to Christchurch5 seats leftUSD $394
- FridayOct 26, 2018from Christchurch13 DaysWednesdayNov 7, 2018to Christchurch5 seats leftUSD $394
- SaturdayOct 27, 2018from Christchurch13 DaysThursdayNov 8, 2018to Christchurch5 seats leftUSD $394
- TuesdayOct 30, 2018from Christchurch13 DaysSundayNov 11, 2018to Christchurch5 seats leftUSD $394
- ThursdayNov 1, 2018from Christchurch13 DaysTuesdayNov 13, 2018to Christchurch5 seats leftUSD $394
- FridayNov 2, 2018from Christchurch13 DaysWednesdayNov 14, 2018to Christchurch5 seats leftUSD $394
- SaturdayNov 3, 2018from Christchurch13 DaysThursdayNov 15, 2018to Christchurch5 seats leftUSD $394
- TuesdayNov 6, 2018from Christchurch13 DaysSundayNov 18, 2018to Christchurch5 seats leftUSD $394
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- DollarNew Zealand
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Christchurch.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Stray Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 15 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 1 November 2018 the full payment of $394 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 15 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $394 for Stray - Willy Pass (South Island), but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Stray Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Stray Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Christchurch (New Zealand)
- 151 km
- Kaikoura (New Zealand)
- 126 km
- Picton (New Zealand)
- 95 km
- Abel Tasman NP (New Zealand)
- 147 km
- Westport (New Zealand)
- 213 km
- Franz Josef (New Zealand)
- 170 km
- Wanaka (New Zealand)
- 52 km
- Queenstown (New Zealand)
- 184 km
- Mount Cook (New Zealand)
- 206 km
- Christchurch (New Zealand)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $394 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 945 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 69 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 15 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Stray - Willy Pass (South Island) via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 7 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Stray - Willy Pass (South Island)