Costa Rica Explorer
- Our saving
- US $ 1,575
- Playa Tamarindo
- Age range
- 18 to 30 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Travel style
- Rather Poor
- CRChrisWritten on January 16, 20184.0 - GoodThe trip was a lot of fun, guides were great. Great time overallShow detailed ratingsLife Before Work Travel commented on this reviewHey Chris! Thanks for the review, we're stoked to hear you had a great time whilst on tour with us! Hopefully we'll see you adventuring with us again in the future :) Welcome to the family!
- DDanaWritten on September 2, 20174.5 - ExcellentMike was great! He toured around with us in Costa Rica. He was professional but always tons of fun. We mostly took vans and ferries to get around. He arranged everything which was a huge relief. I would definitely travel with him in the future!Show detailed ratingsLife Before Work Travel commented on this reviewHey Dana! Thank you for the review and lovely photos, we're so pleased to see you had an awesome time while adventuring with us across Costa Rica! Welcome to the family, we hope to see you again on another LBW tour one day :)
- KMKaseyWritten on September 1, 20173.5 - GoodThe trip wasn't all we thought it would be (not very many included activities or travel as thought) but overall a trip of a lifetime (even though we spent way more than anticipated).Show detailed ratingsLife Before Work Travel commented on this reviewHey Kasey! Thank you for taking the time to write a review and let us know how your journey through Costa Rica went. We're sorry to hear the trip fell short on your expectations for included activities and travel; we've spent a long time going through each tour and making sure there is a day to day itinerary set with included (and optional) activities listed, with prices if applicable. Hopefully this should set future travelers up with the correct expectations and money ideas so this doesn't happen again. We are pleased to hear you still had the trip of a lifetime and hope you will give travelling with us another go in the future :)
- CCassandraWritten on July 25, 20175.0 - ExcellentDes was amazing. He really cared for each and every person on the trip. He pushed us to try new things and was always joking with us never letting anything get to serious. He made the trip amazing!Show detailed ratingsLife Before Work Travel commented on this reviewHey Cassandra! So stoked to hear that Des had such a positive impact on your travels with LBW! We're all about adventuring outside of comfort zones and making memories to last a lifetime, so it's encouraging to hear that you have! Hopefully well see you on another one of our trips sometime soon :)
- MAMichelWritten on July 25, 20174.5 - ExcellentDes was amazing! Really cool guy and funny, knows his stuff and always approachable. He always gave us the choice to do or not to do an activity but also explained to us in detail all that was included and how fun it will be, since he has done it numerous times already.Show detailed ratingsLife Before Work Travel commented on this reviewHey Michel! Thanks for the review! Glad to hear Des was amazing on your trip, we wouldn't expect anything else from him! We hope to see you again soon on another LBW tour :)
- MDMayurWritten on June 15, 20174.5 - ExcellentDesmond was one of my tour guides on a tour of Costa Rica in November 2016. He was great entertainment for the group. It was a great tour and he made sure everyone was happy and catered for everyone's needs the best way he could, which ultimately is the main thing. I would definitely recommend him for future tours.Show detailed ratings
- MWMitchellWritten on June 14, 20175.0 - ExcellentThis was my first trip away from home, I met Des the first day that I got there and I knew instantly he was going to be not only a phenomenal tour guide, but also a great friend. Des made the trip so fun with his contagious laugh and ongoing pranks. He not only made the trip extremely fun for me but he gave me a different outlook of what travelling and life is all about. Since then I have met many people throughout my travels but nothing compares to Des. He has a knack for including everyone and making it enjoyable and comfortable while also being knowledgeable about the culture and the country. Des made my trip unforgettable! The guy is the best.Show detailed ratings
- AAAndreaWritten on June 13, 20174.5 - ExcellentI love traveling with LBW because they make me feel safe to travel on my own. I always register has a solo traveller, but our trips quickly turn into a family, making it unforgettableShow detailed ratings
- SLSarahWritten on June 13, 20175.0 - ExcellentI went on my first solo travel with LBW to Costa Rica this January. The trip was beyond my expectations! Everyday was very well organized which made me feel that I got the most possible out of the trip. I am quite shy so this being my first trip there was extra anxiety but Des made sure to get me out of my comfort zone and comfortable with everyone. Most tour groups just focus on the party but des made sure we partied hard and also got to see culture and Costa Rica's natural beauty. He made sure that he knew what each of us wanted out of the trip and tried his best achieve that. Our one accommodation had a few issues but they were taken care of right away by our guides and from then on it was smooth sailing. I could not ask for a better experience. I would highly recommend this your company to any of my friends and family and I would also highly recommend Des as a tour guide!Show detailed ratings
- NKNicholaWritten on June 13, 20175.0 - ExcellentDez! What can I say, he loves to dabble in having fun and making sure everyone around him is doing okay too. He's very energetic and always has a smile on his face. It was a blast having him as one of my tour guides on the Costa rice tour (t.e.n/t.e.n for sure). It seemed like he knew everyone and leaded us well, but was also just one of the group! I'd definitely follow him on another LBW tour.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- TAMARINDO (3 Nights) - Day One
- Day Two
- Day Three
- SANTA TERESA/MAL PAIS (3 Nights) - Day Four
- Day Five
- Day Six
- LA FORTUNA (4 Nights) - Day Seven
- Day Eight
- Day Nine
- Day Ten
- MONTEVERDE (2 Nights) - Day Eleven
- Day Twelve
- Day Thirteen
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
What type of luggage do you suggest is best for this tour?
This is a backpacker styled tour for 18-30-year-old travellers, so we do recommend bringing a travel backpack rather than a suitcase. It is possible to get by on the tour with a suitcase if you didn't want to purchase a backpack.
Are aiport transfers included in this tour?
We encourage travellers to arrive around 12 pm so that you can make the airport pick up that we have arranged for that time, free of charge. If you cannot make the airport pick up that is arranged for the tour, you will have to make your way to the hotel yourself or we can arrange a pick up for you for an additional charge.
Guides who have led this tour
- "When I first got the idea in my head to start travelling, Southeast Asia just made sense. At the age..."
- "Two years ago I made a decision that changed my life in a way I never expected. I decided I wanted to..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Martina25th April 2018
Costa Rica Explorer
- FridayNov 9, 2018from Playa Tamarindo13 DaysWednesdayNov 21, 2018to Monteverde10+ seats left$49USD $1,575
- SundayDec 30, 2018from Playa Tamarindo13 DaysFridayJan 11, 2019to Monteverde10+ seats left$61USD $1,987
- FridayFeb 15, 2019from Playa Tamarindo13 DaysWednesdayFeb 27, 2019to Monteverde10+ seats left$51USD $1,649
- FridayMar 22, 2019from Playa Tamarindo13 DaysWednesdayApr 3, 2019to Monteverde10+ seats left$49USD $1,575
- FridayMay 10, 2019from Playa Tamarindo13 DaysWednesdayMay 22, 2019to Monteverde10+ seats left$49USD $1,575
- FridayJun 28, 2019from Playa Tamarindo13 DaysWednesdayJul 10, 2019to Monteverde10+ seats left$49USD $1,575
- FridayAug 9, 2019from Playa Tamarindo13 DaysWednesdayAug 21, 2019to Monteverde10+ seats left$49USD $1,575
- FridaySep 13, 2019from Playa Tamarindo13 DaysWednesdaySep 25, 2019to Monteverde10+ seats left$49USD $1,575
- FridayNov 8, 2019from Playa Tamarindo13 DaysWednesdayNov 20, 2019to Monteverde10+ seats left$49USD $1,575
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- ColonCosta Rica
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Costa Rica. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Costa Rica. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Costa Rica. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an area with a risk of yellow fever transmission for Costa Rica. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Playa Tamarindo is the starting point and Monteverde is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 10% to confirm this Life Before Work Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 22 December 2018 the full payment of $1,575 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1575 for Costa Rica Explorer , but the deposit of 10% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Life Before Work Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Life Before Work Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Playa Tamarindo (Costa Rica)
- 104 km
- Playa Santa Teresa (Costa Rica)
- 4 km
- Mal Pais (Costa Rica)
- 109 km
- La Fortuna (Costa Rica)
- 29 km
- Monteverde (Costa Rica)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,575 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 3,834 tours in Latin America
- covered by 165 different operators in Latin America
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Costa Rica Explorer via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 13 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Costa Rica Explorer