Best of Central
- Our saving
- US $ 3,150
- San Juan Del Sur
- Puerto Viejo
- Age range
- 18 to 30 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Travel style
- Rather Poor
- DDanielWritten on September 7, 20175.0 - ExcellentMike was a fantastic guide ! He took care of myself and 2 friends (plus and entire group) for a month as we travelled Nicaragua, Costa Rica and Panama. He was always on top of any booking or activities that had to be pre scheduled. Each day Mike kept a positive attitude towards everything, It was a real pleasure being able to spend a month with him while he guided us on a wild ride.Show detailed ratingsLife Before Work Travel commented on this reviewHey Daniel! We are so pleased to hear you had an awesome time while adventuring across Central America with Mike - he is indeed an incredible guy and hard working guide and we're glad to see he made such a positive impact on your journey with us :) We hope to see you on another tour in the future, welcome to the family!
- LILindseyWritten on September 2, 20174.0 - GoodI did the month long Central America trip through Nicaragua, Costa Rica and Panama with leader Mike White. He was AMAZING!!! He was super social and fun but also very responsible and knowledgeable on all the areas we travelled through. He made an effort to get to know and connect with each person on the tour and encouraged all of us to step out of our comfort zone to make the experiences the best possible. There are a few people on the LBW tour I met that I'm sure I'll be friends with for a lifetime. I'd recommend LBW and especially Mike as a leader to anyone who ever asked!!Show detailed ratingsLife Before Work Travel commented on this reviewHey Lindsey! We are SO glad to hear you had an amazing time whilst travelling through Central America with Mike, he's a great guy and we're proud to call him family. Breaking down those boundaries and stepping out of your comfort zone is what it's all about and we actively encourage everyone to do so, that's how we learn and grow! There's something incredibly special about the friendships formed whilst travelling, sharing the same experiences and adventuring in new locations together can really bring individuals close like a family, and that's exactly what everyone at LBW is, just one big family! Thank you for your review - We hope to see you on another tour in the future :)
- DPDanielWritten on August 1, 20175.0 - ExcellentThis trip was one of the best experiences of my life so far. Des made everything extremely easy, fun and enjoyable. He was really laid back and made sure we were all on the same page at all times.Show detailed ratingsLife Before Work Travel commented on this reviewHey Daniel! So good to hear that Des helped in making your trip the best experience of your life so far! That's awesome!! Thank you for your review and travelling with us, we hope to see you on another one of our tours one day soon :)
- PBPatriciaWritten on August 1, 20175.0 - ExcellentMy Trip with LBW exceeded my expectations. Odie was the coolest cat around. Every day he was on his game. From the time we woke to the time we laid our head at the end of every day, he made sure each and every one of us was taken care of. His humour was hilarious. His energy for life and fun to the massive smile he had on his face every day is infectious!! You could tell he loves what he does and I would most definitely take a tour with him again, hopefully in the near future. Pura Vida bud.... I wish you the best.... You deserve it!Show detailed ratingsLife Before Work Travel commented on this reviewHey Patricia! What a lovely review! Thank you so much for biggin' up Odie and letting us know what an awesome job he's doing out there! We would LOVE to have you on another one of our tours in the not so distant future, see you soon!
- SSSarahWritten on August 1, 20174.5 - ExcellentThis trip not only met, but far exceeded my expectations. I had more fun than anything else I've ever done in my life. I am leaving the trip more full of life than I've ever been. Odie was a huge contributor to making this an incredible experience. He helped me get out of my comfort zone, easing me into doing things I would have never done in a million years on my own. He made me feel safe and like I was an important part of the group for the entirety of the trip. He always kept spirits high and kept the party going, never once stopping to complian about anything. Overall I really could not have asked for a better tour guide or experience here in Central America!Show detailed ratingsLife Before Work Travel commented on this reviewHey Sarah! This. Is. Awesome. We are SOOOOOOO pumped to read this review and know that you are feeling more full of life than ever before... there's no better feeling than that! Odie is an incredible guy and we're really pleased to hear how he was able to encourage and welcome you into our LBW family! We'd love to have you on another one of our tours in the future so you can continue pushing yourself and experiencing more of the magic this world has to offer us!
- RCRobertWritten on June 16, 20175.0 - Excellentindescribably awesome tour! exceeded my expectation in every wayShow detailed ratings
- EGEmilyWritten on June 15, 20175.0 - ExcellentHad an amazing time in Central America on my tour with Des and LBW. They were very organized and took a lot of the planning pressures off us so we could just relax and really enjoy ourselves. Very professional and passionate about traveling and sharing these beautiful countries with all of us and showing us some really fun stuff to do/see.Show detailed ratings
- TGTatianaWritten on June 14, 20175.0 - ExcellentThe trip wasn't what I expected! It was even better! Desmond was energetic and hilarious. It didn't even feel like he was our tour guide. He was very knowledgeable and any questions we had he knew what to say! Always great accommodations, he made sure that we were good with who were staying with. He made travel stress free for us! Just a time to be there and we were there! I would definitely go on another tour with Desmond!Show detailed ratings
- CCourtneyWritten on June 13, 20174.0 - GoodDesmond was an awesome guide, from the very beginning he made everyone feel very welcome and included. He has a very fun and upbeat personality which made every activity we did enjoyable and exciting. Dez is a big reason I would go on another LBW trip!Show detailed ratings
- KKKaylaWritten on June 13, 20174.0 - GoodI travelled Central America with Des being the tour guide. I had already knew Des prior to. The country was amazing and the tours really showed how amazing Nicaragua, Costa Rica and Panama are. Highly recommend it especially loved Nicaragua and PanamaShow detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- SAN JUAN DEL SUR (4 Nights) - Day One
- Day Two
- Day Three
- Day Four
- GRANADA (2 Nights) - Day Five
- Day Six
- TAMARINDO (3 Nights) - Day Seven
- Day Eight
- Day Nine
- SANTA TERESA/MAL PAIS (3 Nights) - Day Ten
- Day Eleven
- Day Twelve
- LA FORTUNA (4 Nights) - Day Thirteen
- Day Fourteen
- Day Fifteen
- Day Sixteen
- MONTEVERDE (2 Nights) - Day Seventeen
- Day Eighteen
- BOCAS DEL TORO (4 Nights) - Day Nineteen
- Day Twenty
- Day Twenty One
- Day Twenty Two
- PUERTO VIEJO (2 Nights) - Day Twenty Three
- Day Twenty Four
- Day Twenty Five
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Costa Rica Explorer || LIFE BEFORE WORK TRAVEL
- Naturally Nica || LIFE BEFORE WORK TRAVEL
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
Guides who have led this tour
- "When I first got the idea in my head to start travelling, Southeast Asia just made sense. At the age..."
- "Two years ago I made a decision that changed my life in a way I never expected. I decided I wanted to..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Annie14th May 2018
Best of Central
- SaturdayNov 3, 2018from San Juan Del Sur25 DaysTuesdayNov 27, 2018to Puerto Viejo0 seats left$100USD $3,221
- SaturdayFeb 9, 2019from San Juan Del Sur25 DaysTuesdayMar 5, 2019to Puerto Viejo0 seats left$102USD $3,298
- SaturdayMar 16, 2019from San Juan Del Sur25 DaysTuesdayApr 9, 2019to Puerto Viejo0 seats left$97USD $3,150
- SaturdayMay 4, 2019from San Juan Del Sur25 DaysTuesdayMay 28, 2019to Puerto Viejo10+ seats left$97USD $3,150
- SaturdayJun 22, 2019from San Juan Del Sur25 DaysTuesdayJul 16, 2019to Puerto Viejo10+ seats left$97USD $3,150
- SaturdayAug 3, 2019from San Juan Del Sur25 DaysTuesdayAug 27, 2019to Puerto Viejo10+ seats left$97USD $3,150
- SaturdaySep 7, 2019from San Juan Del Sur25 DaysTuesdayOct 1, 2019to Puerto Viejo10+ seats left$97USD $3,150
- SaturdayNov 2, 2019from San Juan Del Sur25 DaysTuesdayNov 26, 2019to Puerto Viejo10+ seats left$97USD $3,150
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- ColonCosta Rica
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Nicaragua, Costa Rica and Panama. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Nicaragua, Costa Rica and Panama. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Nicaragua and Panama. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Nicaragua, Costa Rica and Panama. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an area with a risk of yellow fever transmission for Nicaragua and Costa Rica. Recommended for Panama. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- San Juan Del Sur is the starting point and Puerto Viejo is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 10% to confirm this Life Before Work Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 20 December 2018 the full payment of $3,150 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $3150 for Best of Central , but the deposit of 10% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Life Before Work Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Life Before Work Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- San Juan Del Sur (Nicaragua)
- 76 km
- Granada (Nicaragua)
- 182 km
- Playa Tamarindo (Costa Rica)
- 104 km
- Playa Santa Teresa (Costa Rica)
- 4 km
- Mal Pais (Costa Rica)
- 109 km
- La Fortuna (Costa Rica)
- 29 km
- Monteverde (Costa Rica)
- 301 km
- Bocas Del Toro (Panama)
- 65 km
- Puerto Viejo (Costa Rica)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $3,150 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 3,826 tours in Latin America
- covered by 164 different operators in Latin America
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Best of Central via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 18 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Best of Central