- Our saving
- US $ 1,493
- San Juan Del Sur
- Playa Santa Teresa
- Age range
- 18 to 30 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Travel style
- Rather Poor
- AAnonymousWritten on January 16, 20183.0 - AverageThe tour was somewhat what I expected. The guides were friendly and personal and more organized than before. The tour activities were fun but needed more things to do and more alignment to the itinerary. While the itinerary was mostly accurate via the activities, it seems there were many gaps that other tour companies I have used would fill with included activities. My biggest criticism that the itinerary displayed many details and events, such as going to the Crazy Monkey, that were not available. There was a pub crawl listed as an option yet our days were switched for activities so we could not attend. Also the listed accommodations were not accurate and changed for both cities. It mentioned staying in a hotel in Santa Teresa yet we were in a hostel. Another criticism is that when we arrived in Tamarindo no one had informed the guides that we had booked a private room for $200 extra each. This led to a mass amount of confusion and almost did not give us what we booked. In Tamarindo the hostel we ended up staying at, not Chocolate Hostel as displayed, had many other travelers staying outside in beds that were not normally there. This made the hostel chaotic and had more travelers than it could hold. We also booked, for $80 each, transport to the airport which we were crammed into a very small van with other random travelers. One of the girls we shared it with said she only paid $50 for the ride.Show detailed ratings
- TToriWritten on September 9, 20174.5 - ExcellentI went to Costa Rica and Nicaragua with Mike at LBW. It was my first time going on a trip that wasn't a resort style and it was amazing. Mike was very knowledgeable about the locations we visitied and always had an upbeat attitude. He had lots of great things planned and knew all the hidden gems that we probably wouldn't have got to enjoy if we didn't travel with him. He really helped make our experience a great one and I would definitely do another tour with him.Show detailed ratingsLife Before Work Travel commented on this reviewHey Tori! We are so stoked to hear you left the resort style type of holiday to give a backpacking tour with LBW a go! If you haven't traveled like this before then it can be slightly daunting, however we know that once you get out there and break down those comfort zones then it is SOOOOO worth it! We try our best to make each experience as amazing as possible, and without our incredible tour guides this wouldn't be achievable - Mike is a fantastic tour guide and hearing how much of a positive affect he had on your adventure with us fills us with joy, thank you for that :) Welcome to the family and keep on exploring! We hope to see you again soon :)
- SStephanieWritten on September 2, 20174.0 - GoodMike was a great enthusiastic guide who you could tell had a passion for his job and travelling. He was knowedgable about the area we were visiting and the history behind it. Mike made an effort to get to know everyone and spend time with each person on the tour ensuring their comfort and safety. He kept the tour fun and lively and made an effort to make sure everyone was enjoying themselves. Highly recommend mike!Show detailed ratingsLife Before Work Travel commented on this reviewHey Stephanie! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review and fill us in on how impressive Mike was during your tour! We're so pleased to hear he went above and beyond to make your tour as special as it was. Passion is something that can't be taught and it is worth the world to us - Mike certainly has an abundance of that as well as a natural love for what he does. Thank you for your recommendation, we hope to catch you on another tour with us again in the future :)
- BFBradWritten on September 2, 20174.5 - ExcellentI went to Costa Rica and Nicaragua with mike, it was a great trip. Hostels were all really good, clean and in excellent locations. Mike had a lot of fun things planner during the trip and knew where to find the secluded places, like the surf beach we went to and our group were the only people there. It was way better then I could have imagined and I would totally go on another tour with MikeShow detailed ratingsLife Before Work Travel commented on this reviewHey Brad! Thank you so much for the review and lovely comments about Mike. We are so pleased to hear you had a great trip and enjoyed the locations and hostels. Travelling is all about embracing the adventure and enjoying each moment as it comes, and it sounds like you did just that! We hope to catch you on another LBW tour in the future, welcome to the family :)
- AAshleyWritten on September 1, 20175.0 - ExcellentI've been on several tours with LBW and I have LOVED everyone. The experience has always been amazing and I'll always have memories that'll last a life time. I had Mike as a guide on my last trip and he was awesome. He has a ton of knowledge about honestly everything. He is a ton of fun and is kind to everyone. I recommend LBW to everyone ! It is an amazing way to travel and meet people!Show detailed ratingsLife Before Work Travel commented on this reviewHey Ashley! Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review, it's honestly a pleasure to read and we are grateful for all of your lovely comments. We're glad to hear Mike has yet again managed to deliver an exception experience, he's a fantastic guy and we're proud to call him, and you, a part of our family :) We hope to see you on another tour again soon!
- RRoxanaWritten on September 1, 20175.0 - ExcellentIt was the first tour i went on with lbw and was the beginning of the rest of my life! The whole trip was amazing, everything i wanted out of a tour and more. Mike was an amazing guide... knew where to go and how to have a good time and also is an incredible human being. I wouldn't change a thingShow detailed ratingsLife Before Work Travel commented on this reviewHey Roxana! We are so pleased to hear you had such an amazing experience whilst on tour with LBW and specifically Mike! To fulfill all of your travel expectations and make the process as smooth as possible is exactly what we aim to do, it's encouraging to hear we managed to achieve that - thank you :) Travelling is what life is all about, breaking down your boundaries and experiencing new things can only be a positive! Keep adventuring and keep enjoying life, we hope to see you again on another tour in the future :)
- LNLauraWritten on August 21, 20174.0 - GoodI had no expectations going into this trip other than to take a vacation and meet new people. From the beginning the tour guides Jorge and Des instantly made it so fun. It really felt like a family and I know that I made friends that I will keep in touch with for the rest of my life. The group was amazing and Des really went out of his way to make sure we were always having fun while encouraging us to step out of our comfort zone and challenge ourselves. He was never afraid to share his story and passions for traveling and expressed that his hope was for us to reflect on our own lives to make sure we were living the best life we could and if we weren't what can we do to make sure that we do from this point forward.Show detailed ratingsLife Before Work Travel commented on this reviewHey Laura! Thank you so much for taking the time out to leave a review, and what a lovely review it is! To have no expectations of a situation can be one of life's biggest gifts because you're able to give yourself fully to whatever is going on. To take a vacation is something that everyone needs, but to travel, truly travel, and become so close with strangers that they end up feeling like family is something magical that can't be found on a normal vacation. Des is absolutely right, you must challenge yourself to live a life you REALLY enjoy, and if you're not then you must be brave enough to make positive steps forward to change your life for the better. We are so pleased you joined us, met Des and Jorge, became a part of our family and enjoyed a trip that will hopefully impact the rest of your life! Keep adventuring, keep questioning and we hope we will see you again :)
- FPFannyWritten on July 25, 20175.0 - ExcellentAt first I wasn't sure if LBW was really a good idea. I was going alone, I didnt know if I would make any friends, if I would regret being there after a week. But all my worries disappeared as soon as the LBW shuttle picked me up for the airport hotel. Desmond really knows how to make everyone comfortable, he his a very cheerful person that will contaminate everyone with his joy. I'm glad to say that LBW was the best experience of my life, and that I will for sure do another one soon!Show detailed ratingsLife Before Work Travel commented on this reviewHey Fanny! This is an awesome review and feedback that we LOVE to hear, thank you! It's always a bit nerve-racking when heading out for an adventure, especially if you're travelling alone, but so worth it once you push past those fears and come out the other side a different person with magical memories! We look forward to adventuring with you again soon :)
- KatrinaWritten on June 13, 20175.0 - ExcellentThe tour was really awesome ! Des was absolutely welcoming when I started the trip and made sure I am having a blast! I couldn't ask for a better tour guide.Show detailed ratings
- SSamanthaWritten on June 13, 20175.0 - ExcellentThis trip was better than I ever could have expected. We were so lucky to have a guide like Des. He made sure everyone felt included and important. He was knowledgable and always willing to help with any issues and I'm sure everyone was comfortable going to him. Part of the reason all the people we travelled with are such good friends still is because Des was so good at bringing us all together. I would, and have been, highly recommending this trip with him ever since I got home!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- SAN JUAN DEL SUR (4 Nights) - Day One
- Day Two
- Day Three
- Day Four
- GRANADA (2 Nights) - Day Five
- Day Six
- TAMARINDO (3 Nights) - Day Seven
- Day Eight
- Day Nine
- SANTA TERESA/MAL PAIS (3 Nights) - Day Ten
- Day Eleven
- Day Twelve
- Day Thirteen
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
What hotels do you stay in on this tour?
All accommodations are subject to change until 4-6 weeks before the departure date. After the booking is made you will be issued your final trip documents with your specific accommodation details 4-6 weeks before departure. Under the "What’s Included" tab on each tour page, you can find general info about the accommodations used on the tour before you book.
Guides who have led this tour
- "When I first got the idea in my head to start travelling, Southeast Asia just made sense. At the age..."
- "Two years ago I made a decision that changed my life in a way I never expected. I decided I wanted to..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Vicki10th June 2018
- SaturdayNov 3, 2018from San Juan Del Sur13 DaysThursdayNov 15, 2018to Playa Santa Teresa10+ seats left$46USD $1,493
- SaturdayFeb 9, 2019from San Juan Del Sur13 DaysThursdayFeb 21, 2019to Playa Santa Teresa0 seats left$48USD $1,568
- SaturdayMar 16, 2019from San Juan Del Sur13 DaysThursdayMar 28, 2019to Playa Santa Teresa0 seats left$46USD $1,493
- SaturdayMay 4, 2019from San Juan Del Sur13 DaysThursdayMay 16, 2019to Playa Santa Teresa10+ seats left$46USD $1,493
- SaturdayJun 22, 2019from San Juan Del Sur13 DaysThursdayJul 4, 2019to Playa Santa Teresa10+ seats left$46USD $1,493
- SaturdayAug 3, 2019from San Juan Del Sur13 DaysThursdayAug 15, 2019to Playa Santa Teresa10+ seats left$46USD $1,493
- SaturdaySep 7, 2019from San Juan Del Sur13 DaysThursdaySep 19, 2019to Playa Santa Teresa10+ seats left$46USD $1,493
- SaturdayNov 2, 2019from San Juan Del Sur13 DaysThursdayNov 14, 2019to Playa Santa Teresa10+ seats left$46USD $1,493
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- ColonCosta Rica
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Nicaragua and Costa Rica. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Nicaragua and Costa Rica. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Nicaragua. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Nicaragua and Costa Rica. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an area with a risk of yellow fever transmission for Nicaragua and Costa Rica. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- San Juan Del Sur is the starting point and Playa Santa Teresa is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 10% to confirm this Life Before Work Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 20 December 2018 the full payment of $1,493 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1493 for Central Teaser, but the deposit of 10% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Life Before Work Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Life Before Work Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- San Juan Del Sur (Nicaragua)
- 76 km
- Granada (Nicaragua)
- 182 km
- Playa Tamarindo (Costa Rica)
- 104 km
- Playa Santa Teresa (Costa Rica)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,493 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 3,826 tours in Latin America
- covered by 164 different operators in Latin America
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Central Teaser via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 14 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Central Teaser