Costa Rica Nicaragua Tour
- Our saving
- US $ 1,180
- Take in the amazing Arenal volcano
- Eat lobster at the beach town San Juan Del Sur
- Zip Line through the Costa Rica rainforest
- Enjoy an impressive panoramic view of Granada
- Rather Poor
- DMDietrichWritten on December 21, 20175.0 - ExcellentMonkey tours is definately a great choice. The guide was very knowledgeable and the driver was great. We were able to experience a lot that Costa Rica has to offer. Everyone was friendly and I had overall a really great experience.Show detailed ratings
- TATaherWritten on April 27, 20163.0 - AverageThe trip was 8 days 7 nights to Costa Rica and Nicaragua through Monkey Tours. The package was purchased through groupon. There were a few major concerns that me and my wife had with the trip. First, after booking we were offered an all inclusive upgrade for the last 3 days for $300. That proved to be a waste of money because we ended up arriving at the final resort at 9pm on friday, ate dinner, then left monday morning to the air port. So essentially we payed an extra $300 for 1 dinner on friday, a lunch and dinner Sat and Sunday. (Breakfasts were already included to begin with). The volcano tour which was part of the itinerary cancelled because the volcano has been active the past 2 months. We should have been informed that before booking, not informed on the tour bus after already arriving to costa rica. I can understand a sudden eruption and things being cancelled.... but turns out the volcano had been active for 2 months prior and monkey tours was well aware in advance that customers wouldnt be able to tour the volcano and still chose to not inform new people booking. Likely still is active so dont get your hopes up to tour it. The bus rides from location to location the first 5 days were extremely long. Monkey tours should look into adding a TV on the bus considering how many hours everyone is on it almost every day. I must emphasis, the bus rides are dreadful from location to location. It literally felt like a 3rd of the entire vacation was sitting on the bus. Furthermore, we didnt anticipate that we would have to wake up 630 am the first 5 day to eat breakfast then head back on the bus to head to that days activities. Last, the entire group was in agreement that the Nicaragua day was a huge waste. A massive amount of travel time to and from nicaragua, and additional $26 per person were collected on the bus which we werent informed about in advance, plus about an hr at the boarder each way getting through customs. And when we finally arrived to Nicaragua we saw a Giant Jesus monument and went on a boat ride. Both of which were fun however not worth all of that labor and travel at all. The tour guides were polite and helpful. Side note though, Im not sure if this was due to the areas that monkey tours operates in, however we were expecting way more Rain Forests/wild life. We saw some monkeys and a few sloths in the distance, but mostly all we remember is hours on Costa Rican highways. We had some friends on the same tour with us that continued their vacation after the tour was over but traveled to the Carribean Coast of Costa Rica. They told us later that there were tons of Rain forests on that side of the Country (which monkey tours didnt take us to). We emailed Monkey tours about some of our concerns after returning from the trip and were told management would promptly get back to us. Over a month later and they havent. All in all, we wouldnt recommend the tour. You will need a vacation after this 'vacation.'Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on February 28, 20155.0 - ExcellentOverall we had a wonderful time with Monkey Tours that we purchased as a Groupon and I would recommend them to others. We travelled in February, great weather. Just prepare for a lot of driving. We would have never been able to visit so many places if we weren’t on a tour. Our guide, Jairo, driver, Wilbur and photographer, Diego were excellent. They were always upbeat, fun, friendly, extremely helpful and knowledgeable. Jairo did a wonderful job of mixing in adventure and relaxation. Having a photographer on the tour was an added plus. Monkey Tours plan out activities very well and it’s nice to have an itinerary. We were more than satisfied with the tour, especially for the price we paid since it included all the accommodations and breakfasts. The tour included everything advertised, horseback riding, tubing, zip lining, hot springs, canopy walk in Montverde Cloud Forest, riverboat tour, pottery tour, kayak/snorkel excursion. We were disappointed that the Sky Tram was not operating but our guide, Jairo, had a plan B. We visited a Reptile Museum and Coffee Tour. The 2x 1 spa discount was lovely at Samara Beach Hotel. We went in to town for dinner a couple of times and the staff at Samara Beach Hotel was very accommodating in getting us prompt Taxi service to and from restaurants. I was part of a group of 4 couples on this tour of 24. Two of us pre-booked an upgrade to a 1 bedroom Villa on the beach, it was beautiful. Great vacation! Thanks!
- AAnonymousWritten on February 15, 20153.0 - Average“Thank goodness for our guide Andre” 3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2015 I loved seeing so much of Costa Rica and Nicaragua but it was too much in such a short time. Our guide Andre is the best!!!! He made this trip so much more enjoyable, I hope Monkey tours realizes what an asset he is, without him my rating would be much lower. My biggest complaint is the last hotel, Villas Playa Samara, it was terrible. Monkey tours should consider another hotel if they want to be successful. I wish we would have stayed at least 2 days in the same hotel. I was not impressed with Nicaragua, could have skipped it and stayed in Costa Rica for the 8 days. Visited February 2015
- AAnonymousWritten on February 5, 20153.0 - AverageWiddermaw Columbia, Missouri 1 review “Monkey tour” 3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2015 Just returned from tour of Nicaragua and Costa Rica. We had a really good time but way to much driving time. We spent atleast four hours every day on a bus and some days up to six hours! I really wanted to stay seven nights but wish they would have found more places to see that were not so far away. Could have done without Nicaragua. I am retired and and have decided that tours are not they way I want to travel. We were up and had breakfast by six am and went all day long. Never stayed two nights in same hotel until the end of the trip. I am a beach lover and was REALLY looking forward to spending last three nights at Playa Samara, I have NEVER stayed in such a nasty place. The room was filthy, the bed was beyond terrible, there were broken glass windows, the blinds were all cracked and did not close properly, No drapes to block out light in am, There was nothing except the bed in the room no chair, no desk, no phone, no ice, no fridge. The shower was cold and the toilet looked like it was going to overflow every time you flushed. The air conditioner was barely cool. There were dead bugs everywhere. The breakfast was alright but the rest of the food was very poor at the restaurant. The people at the hotel were nice but nobody knew what was going on. Very nice massage lady and wonderful massage. All of the other hotels were nice I dont understand why Monkey tours allows this. I read reviews about the troubles at this hotel but was hoping for improvements by now. Some of the poor reviews were from three years ago!!! Our tour guide Andre was PHENOMENAL!!!!!! He is very knowledgeable, speaks great english, and made the trip very FUN. He is a good man and he likes what he does. I hope Monkey tours appreciates him and pays him well. Visited February 2015
- AAnonymousWritten on January 30, 20155.0 - Excellent“The best ever!!” 5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2015 We went on the tour of Costa Rica and Nicaragua with Monkey Tours and our was the best way to see these countries for the first time. Andre, our guide, gave us the best of everything to see. He is so genuinely enthusiastic and caring. Andre made sure we were informed, safe, and having a good time. We had the chance to do so many of the activities Costa Rica has to offer. Also, our driver Henry is literally the best driver ever! If I go back to Costa Rica, I won't be seeing the country without Andre and Henry from Monkey Tours.
- AAnonymousWritten on January 21, 20155.0 - Excellent“We went bananas for these monkeys!” 5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2015 We went with our family of five from our hotel to the spacious van. It was about an hour and a half drive and we had a great driver that I would definitely recommend named Ronald. He let my kids plug their music into the van and we had a great time. When we got to the monkey mangrove we got in a boat and had a relaxing and educational ride led by our tour guide Diego who was excellent. After spotting many different lake wildlife such as different birds, turtles, a crocodile, a sloth, etc we got to the monkey's location. We had to call them for a while and then they came and it was beyond cool! They climbed all over us and we had a great time and the kids loved it! We also got awesome pictures from it. On the way back Ronald took us to some shops and offered to take us to the beach as well. Over all it was a great trip and an excellent experience. Visited January 2015
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrival in Costa Rica via Guanacaste (LIR) Airport
- Day 2: Transfer to the Arenal Volcano Area
- Day 3: Transfer to Rincón de la Vieja Volcano Area
- Day 4: Transfer to the Colonial City of Granada, Nicaragua
- Day 5: Masaya Volcano and San Juan del Sur Beach
- Day 6-7: At Leisure at Samara Beach – An amazing paradise
- Day 8: Transfer to Guanacaste (LIR) Airpot for your flight home
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Good by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
What time do we need to be at the airport?
Normally, you need to arrive at the airport at least 2 hours prior to the scheduled departure time of your flight. Remember to book flights into Guanacaste (LIR) Airport.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Annie14th May 2018
Costa Rica Nicaragua Tour
- Upcoming departures
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- MondayAug 27, 2018from Liberia8 DaysMondaySep 3, 2018to Liberia10+ seats left$49USD $1,180Based on Twin Share
- ThursdayAug 30, 2018from Liberia8 DaysThursdaySep 6, 2018to Liberia0 seats left$49USD $1,180Based on Twin Share
- MondaySep 3, 2018from Liberia8 DaysMondaySep 10, 2018to Liberia0 seats left$49USD $1,180Based on Twin Share
- ThursdaySep 6, 2018from Liberia8 DaysThursdaySep 13, 2018to Liberia0 seats left$49USD $1,180Based on Twin Share
- MondaySep 10, 2018from Liberia8 DaysMondaySep 17, 2018to Liberia0 seats left$49USD $1,180Based on Twin Share
- ThursdaySep 13, 2018from Liberia8 DaysThursdaySep 20, 2018to Liberia0 seats left$49USD $1,180Based on Twin Share
- MondaySep 17, 2018from Liberia8 DaysMondaySep 24, 2018to Liberia0 seats left$49USD $1,180Based on Twin Share
- ThursdaySep 20, 2018from Liberia8 DaysThursdaySep 27, 2018to Liberia0 seats left$49USD $1,180Based on Twin Share
- MondaySep 24, 2018from Liberia8 DaysMondayOct 1, 2018to Liberia0 seats left$49USD $1,180Based on Twin Share
- ThursdaySep 27, 2018from Liberia8 DaysThursdayOct 4, 2018to Liberia10+ seats left$49USD $1,180Based on Twin Share
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- ColonCosta Rica
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Costa Rica and Nicaragua. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Costa Rica and Nicaragua. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Costa Rica and Nicaragua. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an area with a risk of yellow fever transmission for Costa Rica and Nicaragua. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Recommended for Nicaragua. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Start and end in Liberia.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Costa Rica Monkey Tours booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 21 October 2018 the full payment of $1,180 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1180 for Costa Rica Nicaragua Tour, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Costa Rica Monkey Tours will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Costa Rica Monkey Tours : Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Liberia (Costa Rica)
- 89 km
- La Fortuna (Costa Rica)
- 5 km
- Volcan Arenal (Costa Rica)
- 74 km
- Rincon de la Vieja Volcano National Park (Costa Rica)
- 146 km
- Granada (Nicaragua)
- 23 km
- Masaya Volcano National Park (Nicaragua)
- 87 km
- San Juan Del Sur (Nicaragua)
- 157 km
- Playa Samara (Costa Rica)
- 84 km
- Liberia (Costa Rica)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,180 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 3,584 tours in Latin America
- covered by 128 different operators in Latin America
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Costa Rica Nicaragua Tour via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 2 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Costa Rica Nicaragua Tour