Northern Lights in Style & More - 8 days
- Our saving
- US $ 6,895
- Enjoy a city tour of Reykjavik
- Taste hot steam baked bread
- Visit Skógafoss waterfall
- Soak in the geothermal water in Blue Lagoon
- Join a Northern Lights hunt by boat
- Age range
- 18 to 70 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural, Northern Lights
- On The Go Tours
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Reykjavik
- Day 2: City, Cheese & Lights
- Day 3: Waterfalls & Craters
- Day 4: Eyjafjallajökull & Falls
- Day 5: Blue Lagoon
- Day 6: Northern Lights Cruise
- Day 7: Superjeep Adventure
- Day 8: Reykjavik
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
- PamHatch's review about another On The Go Tours tour4.5 - Excellent
Loved the tour a great "taste" of a beautiful island with many facets and we had the opportunity to "taste" many. Eirikur was a fount of knowledge and because we were a group of 6 we had time for a some additional sites not part of the normal tour. Eirikur... Read more
- Candace Gilpatric's review about another On The Go Tours tour4.5 - Excellent
This was the perfect way to see Southern Iceland. Erik adjusted to our needs and plan changes with ease. Tour was a great mix of various activities and sights to keep it exciting. Want to come back and do more tours!!
- Fredric Cone's review about another On The Go Tours tour4.5 - Excellent
The real down side was the weather; we were unable to view the lights. Erin was absolutely well informed and very pleasant. We knew in advance that our rooms were small. This boarded inadequate and uncomfortable.
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
When is the best time of the year to take this tour?
This tour only runs at optimal times during the year to ensure that the skies are dark enough to see the lights to their full effect. The sighting is heavily dependent on the cloud cover and the activity of the Aurora. This is often down to chance, and all of the tour dates offer an equal chance of a sighting.
September and October are the months we would recommend to anybody who prefers to avoid the extreme cold of an Arctic winter. November and December are very much a time of change in the Arctic and heralds the arrival of the first major snows of the winter. The snow does bring quite a bit of cloud cover but the shorter days also bring darker skies which increases the amount of time during which the Aurora might be visible. January to March are probably the three most popular months for Aurora hunting because they bring long dark nights and plenty of snow to play in during the daylight hours while you wait for darkness to fall!
What hotels do you use for the "Northern Lights in Style & More" Tour?
The hotels listed below are ones which On The Go frequently use on this tour. Please note that On The Go reserve the right to substitute these hotels to ones of a similar standard when necessary.
- Icelandair Hotel Marina, Reykjavik
- Hotel Grimsborgir, Grimsborgir
Are the Northern Lights guaranteed on this trip?
Northern Lights (called the Aurora Borealis) is a naturally occurring phenomenon. The appearance of the Northern Lights is notoriously difficult to predict any further in advance than about two hours before it happens. Therefore, it is important to understand that the tour operator won’t be able to guarantee perfect weather conditions while on the tour. That being said, the length of this tour means there will be numerous opportunities to see the Northern Lights and a sighting is likely!
Aside from the Northern Lights, this tour includes many other unforgettable once in a lifetime experiences. You will have the chance to explore Icelandic capital Reykjavik, stand by the mighty Skogafoss waterfall, bathe in the famous geothermal Blue Lagoon, and much more.
- Main Page Video
- Iceland: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Western Europe Travel Guide
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Marc18th June 2019
Northern Lights in Style & More - 8 days
- SundayOct 6, 2019from Reykjavik8 DaysSundayOct 13, 2019to Reykjavik9 seats left$172USD $6,895Based on Double Room
- SundayOct 20, 2019from Reykjavik8 DaysSundayOct 27, 2019to Reykjavik9 seats left$172USD $6,895Based on Double Room
- SundayNov 3, 2019from Reykjavik8 DaysSundayNov 10, 2019to Reykjavik8 seats left$172USD $6,895Based on Double Room
- SundayNov 17, 2019from Reykjavik8 DaysSundayNov 24, 2019to Reykjavik9 seats left$172USD $6,895Based on Double Room
- SundayJan 12, 2020from Reykjavik8 DaysSundayJan 19, 2020to Reykjavik9 seats left$172USD $6,895Based on Double Room
- SundayJan 26, 2020from Reykjavik8 DaysSundayFeb 2, 2020to Reykjavik10+ seats left$172USD $6,895Based on Double Room
- SundayFeb 9, 2020from Reykjavik8 DaysSundayFeb 16, 2020to Reykjavik9 seats left$172USD $6,895Based on Double Room
- SundayFeb 23, 2020from Reykjavik8 DaysSundayMar 1, 2020to Reykjavik8 seats left$172USD $6,895Based on Double Room
- SundayMar 8, 2020from Reykjavik8 DaysSundayMar 15, 2020to Reykjavik7 seats left$172USD $6,895Based on Double Room
- SundayMar 22, 2020from Reykjavik8 DaysSundayMar 29, 2020to Reykjavik10+ seats left$172USD $6,895Based on Double Room
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Reykjavik.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request On The Go Tours to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- For any tour departing before 22 October 2019 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 22 October 2019, a minimum payment of $400 is required to confirm your booking with On The Go Tours. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 65 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of On The Go Tours. Please familiarise yourself with the On The Go Tours payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for On The Go Tours : Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Reykjavik (Iceland)
- 40 km
- Thingvellir (Iceland)
- 20 km
- Laugarvatn (Iceland)
- 19 km
- Geysir (Iceland)
- 51 km
- Hveragerdi (Iceland)
- 19 km
- Stokkseyri (Iceland)
- 5 km
- Eyrarbakki (Iceland)
- 80 km
- Eyjafjallajokull (Iceland)
- 12 km
- Skogafoss (Iceland)
- 150 km
- Blue Lagoon (Iceland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $6,895 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 12,045 tours in Europe
- covered by 569 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date.
- 30,951 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Europe tours