Northern Lights in Style & More - 8 days
- Our saving
- US $ 6,895
- Enjoy a city tour of Reykjavik
- Taste hot steam baked bread
- Visit Skógafoss waterfall
- Soak in the geothermal water in Blue Lagoon
- Join a Northern Lights hunt by boat
- Age range
- 16 to 80 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural
- RobertWinter's review about another On The Go Tours tour4.0 - Good
The three days on the road were great. I liked the itinerary and I felt I saw a nice variety of Icelandic treasures. There was so little in or around Reykjavík, though, that I found it misleading to bill the tour as 5 days.
- Rola Ajami's review about another On The Go Tours tour4.5 - Excellent
The trip was amazing. The accommodations in Reykjavík were tight quarters but clean. Our tour guide Eric was awesome and a wealth of knowledge. He was def the highlight of the trip!
- CarolBlack's review about another On The Go Tours tour5.0 - Excellent
First of all, I’d like to commend Sarah Bansgrove, who booked the tour for us. She very cheerfully and diligently worked with me through a difficult time to reschedule everything from our intended March date to the November date. Both the Tour and our Guide... Read more
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Reykjavik
- Day 2: City, Cheese & Lights
- Day 3: Waterfalls & Craters
- Day 4: Eyjafjallajökull & Falls
- Day 5: Blue Lagoon
- Day 6: Northern Lights Cruise
- Day 7: Superjeep Adventure
- Day 8: Reykjavik
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
- Main Page Video
- Iceland: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
When is the best time of the year to take this tour?
This tour only runs at optimal times during the year to ensure that the skies are dark enough to see the lights to their full effect. The sighting is heavily dependent on the cloud cover and the activity of the Aurora. This is often down to chance, and all of the tour dates offer an equal chance of a sighting.
September and October are the months we would recommend to anybody who prefers to avoid the extreme cold of an Arctic winter. November and December are very much a time of change in the Arctic and heralds the arrival of the first major snows of the winter. The snow does bring quite a bit of cloud cover but the shorter days also bring darker skies which increases the amount of time during which the Aurora might be visible. January to March are probably the three most popular months for Aurora hunting because they bring long dark nights and plenty of snow to play in during the daylight hours while you wait for darkness to fall!
What hotels do you use for the "Northern Lights in Style & More" Tour?
The hotels listed below are ones which On The Go frequently use on this tour. Please note that On The Go reserve the right to substitute these hotels to ones of a similar standard when necessary.
- Icelandair Hotel Marina, Reykjavik
- Hotel Grimsborgir, Grimsborgir
Are the Northern Lights guaranteed on this trip?
Northern Lights (called the Aurora Borealis) is a naturally occurring phenomenon. The appearance of the Northern Lights is notoriously difficult to predict any further in advance than about two hours before it happens. Therefore, it is important to understand that the tour operator won’t be able to guarantee perfect weather conditions while on the tour. That being said, the length of this tour means there will be numerous opportunities to see the Northern Lights and a sighting is likely!
Aside from the Northern Lights, this tour includes many other unforgettable once in a lifetime experiences. You will have the chance to explore Icelandic capital Reykjavik, stand by the mighty Skogafoss waterfall, bathe in the famous geothermal Blue Lagoon, and much more.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Anna25th November 2018
Northern Lights in Style & More - 8 days
- SundayJan 13, 2019from Reykjavik8 DaysSundayJan 20, 2019to ReykjavikOnly 3 seats left$276USD $6,895Based on Double Room
- SundayJan 27, 2019from Reykjavik8 DaysSundayFeb 3, 2019to Reykjavik0 seats left$276USD $6,895Based on Double RoomSold outSee similar tours on this date
- SundayFeb 10, 2019from Reykjavik8 DaysSundayFeb 17, 2019to Reykjavik0 seats left$276USD $6,895Based on Double RoomSold outSee similar tours on this date
- SundayFeb 24, 2019from Reykjavik8 DaysSundayMar 3, 2019to Reykjavik4 seats left$276USD $6,895Based on Double Room
- SundayMar 10, 2019from Reykjavik8 DaysSundayMar 17, 2019to Reykjavik8 seats left$276USD $6,895Based on Double Room
- SundayMar 24, 2019from Reykjavik8 DaysSundayMar 31, 2019to Reykjavik9 seats left$276USD $6,895Based on Double Room
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Reykjavik.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request On The Go Tours to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $400 to confirm this On The Go Tours booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 22 February 2019 the full payment of $6,895 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $6895 for Northern Lights in Style & More - 8 days, but the deposit of $400 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for On The Go Tours : Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Reykjavik (Iceland)
- 40 km
- Thingvellir (Iceland)
- 20 km
- Laugarvatn (Iceland)
- 19 km
- Geysir (Iceland)
- 51 km
- Hveragerdi (Iceland)
- 19 km
- Stokkseyri (Iceland)
- 5 km
- Eyrarbakki (Iceland)
- 80 km
- Eyjafjallajokull (Iceland)
- 12 km
- Skogafoss (Iceland)
- 150 km
- Blue Lagoon (Iceland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $6,895 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 10,126 tours in Europe
- covered by 313 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date.
- 23,692 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Europe tours