Ireland - Best of the Wild Atlantic Way
- Our saving
- US $ 1,447
- +9 Destinations
- Southern Ireland
- Age range
- 12 to 80 year olds
- Hotel, Lodge, Guesthouse
- Bicycle, Local Transport, Ferry
- Physical Rating
- Rather Poor
- MLMattWritten on September 29, 20175.0 - ExcellentTrip was as expected - great places to stay, nice bike route, weather held out for us for most of the trip. The tour guide (Wilma) was super.Show detailed ratings
- CRCharleneWritten on July 29, 20175.0 - ExcellentDid the Wild Atlantic Way in Ireland. The bikes, B&Bs, luggage transfers and anything else connected with the tour were exceptional. We're very lucky as weather also cooperated!Show detailed ratings
- NPNancyWritten on June 12, 20174.0 - GoodWe loved most of the trip. The views, the hotels,the people. We were a bit disappointed that we found ourselves on some very busy roads where we were riding with a lot of traffic.Show detailed ratings
- JSJohnWritten on August 13, 20165.0 - ExcellentWilma greeted us in Galway, gave us detailed instructions, reviewed the written itinerary and maps provided, and then "fitted" our bikes. Very impressed and please. Elizabeth picked us up from Clifeden and brought us back to Galway. All we can say is that she was a real treat! Very happy with accomodations; treated like royalty. Luggage always ready for us when we arrived.Show detailed ratings
- CRCatherineWritten on June 13, 20165.0 - ExcellentIt was a very good trip. I could have ridden longer! I was cycling on my own. The contact person in Ireland was very responsive and helpful. The luggage transfer worked very well, except it was a bit difficult for the Aran Island part of the trip. There was no forewarning about that. A few times, the directions were subject to some interpretation, but I got used to that. The B&Bs were very nice, although I found Pier House in Inishmore to be rather shabby and not as clean as the others. On the next page, some of the questions are not applicable, such as transportation. However, it seems it must be filled in, so I will rate the bicycle. There was also no guide. I would also suggest that you add "very good" as an option between "good" and "excellent." That's what I would prefer to put for the "guide." She was not really a guide, but a contact person.Show detailed ratingsPure Adventures commented on this reviewGood feedback, and thanks! it is self-guided, but your review of our local contact and support is correct, thanks!
- MmelanieWritten on June 8, 20165.0 - ExcellentxajalkrjlkajrlakjlkejShow detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on August 19, 20155.0 - ExcellentWilma was teriffic - fitting the bikes and, she gave us a ride out of Galway to avoid very busy rush hour roads. Loved Gregan's Castle and Abbyglen Castle.
- RichardWritten on August 5, 20155.0 - ExcellentThough the weather was frightful our tour was delightful. We managed to bike, most days, between the raindrops. Ireland has a lot of rain SHOWERS. Most days it does not rain all the time. The wind can be quite strong as well. That being said, the biking was great. The hotels, we upgraded, were fabulous, some of the nicest we've ever stayed in. The Irish food, which we had no expectations about, was glorious. Wilma gave us a very thorough review of the trip before we left AND a lift out of central Galway so we didn't have to deal with the busy traffic in Galway proper. The bikes were excellent.Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on July 19, 20153.0 - AverageWe happened to choose a very bad summer weather-wise to visit Ireland .. it poured with rain.. often blown horizontally with the wind.. so the "scenic" aspect was a bit lost as most of the countryside was covered in mist. The accomodation was excellent. All of the owners commisserated about the weather and apologised for it (!) along with taking all our wet clothes and shoes to dry off. One place sent fresh tea and biscuits to our room to warm us up.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrival Day
- Day 2: Ride from Galway to Ballyvaughan - 55 or 68 km
- Day 3: Ride from Ballyvaughan to Doolin - 28 or 46 km
- Day 4: Ferry to Inishmore and ride on the Island
- Day 5: Ferry and ride from Rossaveal to Carna - 44 km
- Day 6: Ride from Carna to Clifden - 42 or 59 km
- Day 7: Departure Day
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
- Optional Extras
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- January 1, 2016
When is the best time of the year to do a bicycle adventure in Ireland because of weather?
Usually traveling between June and September is recommend, but in Ireland, rain is expected at any time of the year so we always recommend bringing rain gear.
- January 1, 2016
What are the inclusions of this tour?
- 6 nights lodging in top quality guest houses and small inns
- all Irish breakfasts (substantial hot and cold dishes)
- luggage transfers from each point of lodging to the next
- local emergency support throughout your tour during daylight riding hours
- GPS navigation (1 per 2 persons) - arrival orientation and bike setup
- route maps, route cue sheets with suggestions for visitation and site information
- all pre and post travel planning services
- a package of pre-travel documents sent electronically to help you prepare for your trip
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Fred10th January 2018
Ireland - Best of the Wild Atlantic Way
- Upcoming departures
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- SundayApr 1, 2018from Galway7 DaysSaturdayApr 7, 2018to Galway10+ seats left$60USD $1,447
- MondayApr 2, 2018from Galway7 DaysSundayApr 8, 2018to Galway10+ seats left$60USD $1,447
- TuesdayApr 3, 2018from Galway7 DaysMondayApr 9, 2018to Galway10+ seats left$60USD $1,447
- WednesdayApr 4, 2018from Galway7 DaysTuesdayApr 10, 2018to Galway10+ seats left$60USD $1,447
- ThursdayApr 5, 2018from Galway7 DaysWednesdayApr 11, 2018to Galway10+ seats left$60USD $1,447
- FridayApr 6, 2018from Galway7 DaysThursdayApr 12, 2018to Galway10+ seats left$60USD $1,447
- SaturdayApr 7, 2018from Galway7 DaysFridayApr 13, 2018to Galway10+ seats left$60USD $1,447
- SundayApr 8, 2018from Galway7 DaysSaturdayApr 14, 2018to Galway10+ seats left$60USD $1,447
- MondayApr 9, 2018from Galway7 DaysSundayApr 15, 2018to Galway10+ seats left$60USD $1,447
- TuesdayApr 10, 2018from Galway7 DaysMondayApr 16, 2018to Galway10+ seats left$60USD $1,447
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Galway.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Pure Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 26 April 2018 the full payment of $1,447 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1447 for Ireland - Best of the Wild Atlantic Way, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Pure Adventures will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Pure Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Galway (Ireland)
- 14 km
- Kilcolgan (Ireland)
- 9 km
- Kinvarra (Ireland)
- 14 km
- Ballyvaughan (Ireland)
- 25 km
- Cliffs of Moher (Ireland)
- 6 km
- Doolin (Ireland)
- 27 km
- Inishmore (Ireland)
- 20 km
- Rossaveel (Ireland)
- 29 km
- Roundstone (Ireland)
- 12 km
- Clifden (Ireland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,447 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,431 tours in Europe
- covered by 184 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Ireland - Best of the Wild Atlantic Way via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 7 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Ireland - Best of the Wild Atlantic Way