Italy - Etruscan Treasures Best of Tuscany (from Trevi to Siena)
- Our saving
- US $ 1,531
- Rather Poor
- MMarenCohnWritten on May 29, 20184.0 - GoodGreat itinerary and bicycles.Show detailed ratingsPure Adventures commented on this reviewThanks Maren for sharing your photos!!
- SPStephenWritten on March 7, 20185.0 - ExcellentIn 2017 I had the pleasure of riding 2 self-guided tours in Italy arranged by Pure Adventures (Tuscany and Piedmont). Everything was very well organized and the locations were absolutely gorgeous. The folks that I worked with in the US prior to departure were most helpful and accommodating, and I was met in Italy by other affiliated partners who gave me a thorough orientation. Every day's plan was thoughtfully laid out and well communicated. The hotels were always very nice, and my bags were waiting for me upon my arrival in each new town along the way...no exceptions. I am pleased to recommend Pure Adventures to anyone looking for a top-notch experience at a reasonable rate.Show detailed ratings
- CMCarolWritten on October 19, 20174.5 - ExcellentWe had a fantastic trip. In particular the bike routes were well thought out challenging and beautiful. A lot of effort went into keeping us off main roads and on back roads which made the cycling extra enjoyable. The hotel accommodations were quite nice. The bikes were great and as described in the pretrip literature. The guides were very helpful with our requests for minor repairs. The ghides were easy to get in touch with and very friendly. Overall we had a wonderful experience and would highly recommend it. You might want to consider bringing your own bike tools and bike pump along.Show detailed ratingsPure Adventures commented on this reviewCarol, Thank you for the feedback, we greatly appreciate it! Love the photos! Looks like you had a wonderful time. Thanks for sharing your experience.
- TPTamasWritten on September 25, 20174.0 - GoodGreat option for those with very limited time who would like to craft a cycling itinerary.Show detailed ratings
- ALAndyWritten on September 26, 20163.0 - AverageThe trip was as described! We enjoyed the countryside, people and the little villages we stayed in. The organisation was fine, except for the last hotel in Siena. Our hotel was changed, but we were not told of the change! We also found that the route programmed into the GPS was not the same as the written instructions. ( 2 days). We had a problem with the one bike, but this was replaced promptly by the local guys! Well done!Show detailed ratings
- GMGlendaWritten on August 23, 20165.0 - ExcellentThe tour was excellent. The guides met us in Trevi and was very helpful with no hesitation to assist with anything. Bikes were really good and all the GPS maps accurate. Accommodation was excellent also. I would certainly have no hesitation with undertaking another tour.Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on October 1, 20154.0 - Good
- AAnonymousWritten on August 28, 20154.0 - GoodRyan always replied quickly with any questions that I had. They even reminded us that it can be very hot in Tuscany that time of year. we didn't receive an orientation. Giuseppe mentioned that this was othe first time that there was no meet and greet. The hotdl staff were lovely, but unable to answer ant questions. We were shown the bikes and the bag containing the GPS , one odometer. We had new road bikes as our choice, Lee Coogan, which were fantastic. We had a couple of mechanical issue, whilst in Cortona the mechanic had to come out and change the front derailleur cable, the second bike also had a few changing issues, but nothing we couldnt deal with. The mechanic (sorry can't remember his nsme Massimo) was fantastic, he had to come out the next morning a Sunday with a replacement tyre after we received a slice in it late Saturday. Slighlty wider tyres would makes the ride a little more comfortable as some of the foads are in very poor condition.
- AAnonymousWritten on July 11, 20155.0 - Excellent
- AAnonymousWritten on May 14, 20155.0 - ExcellentLoved Dario! He was very attentive to fine tuning the bikes (we are not novices) and providing suggestions for on the route. Contact info provided if needed. We were so happy Ryan recommended the hybrid bikes for this tour as probably 40-50% was on gravel. Great tires, easy gearing (but still ended up walking a few of the steeper/longer hills). We consider ourselves very fit and healthy (but are in our mid60's), and this trip was challenging, in a large part because of the gravel roads. Gravel slows the biking time (the 12 Km from Moltepulciano to Pienza was a killer as it was loose gravel and fairly steep ups and downs). Also, the mileage on the website was shorter than the actual tour once on the road. We were pretty tired at the end of each day--but very happy! However, it left little time for us to see as many sites as we would have liked. We also discovered quickly that we had to limit our eating and drinking to be ready and well rested for the next day. If we had it to do over, I think, for us, we would opt to spend 2 nights in each town. We did cut one of our days short (the loop in Pienza) and went instead to San Quirico d'Orcia, which is a lovely town on the Via Francigena pilgrimage route. It was a 34 Km, short loop but allowed time to visit Pienza as well.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrival Day in Trevi; short warm up ride possible
- Day 2: Loop around Montefalco - 38km 580m elev gain
- Day 3: From Trevi to Torgiano - 64km +292m
- Day 4: From Torgiano to Cortona - 80km +910m
- Day 5: Cortona to Pienza via Montepulciano - 71km +1005m
- Day 6: Pienza Loop with Montalcino - 81km +1500m or 51km and about +1119m
- Day 7: Pienza to Siena - 81km +1140m
- Day 8: Departure Day
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
MealsRated Good by past passengers
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Annie14th May 2018
Italy - Etruscan Treasures Best of Tuscany (from Trevi to Siena)
- Upcoming departures
- October 2018
- November 2018
- ThursdayOct 18, 2018from Trevi8 DaysThursdayOct 25, 2018to Siena10+ seats left$47USD $1,531
- FridayOct 19, 2018from Trevi8 DaysFridayOct 26, 2018to Siena10+ seats left$47USD $1,531
- SaturdayOct 20, 2018from Trevi8 DaysSaturdayOct 27, 2018to Siena10+ seats left$47USD $1,531
- SundayOct 21, 2018from Trevi8 DaysSundayOct 28, 2018to Siena10+ seats left$47USD $1,531
- MondayOct 22, 2018from Trevi8 DaysMondayOct 29, 2018to Siena10+ seats left$47USD $1,531
- TuesdayOct 23, 2018from Trevi8 DaysTuesdayOct 30, 2018to Siena10+ seats left$47USD $1,531
- WednesdayOct 24, 2018from Trevi8 DaysWednesdayOct 31, 2018to Siena10+ seats left$47USD $1,531
- ThursdayOct 25, 2018from Trevi8 DaysThursdayNov 1, 2018to Siena10+ seats left$47USD $1,531
- FridayOct 26, 2018from Trevi8 DaysFridayNov 2, 2018to Siena10+ seats left$47USD $1,531
- SaturdayOct 27, 2018from Trevi8 DaysSaturdayNov 3, 2018to Siena10+ seats left$47USD $1,531
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Trevi is the starting point and Siena is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Pure Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 14 December 2018 the full payment of $1,531 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1531 for Italy - Etruscan Treasures Best of Tuscany (from Trevi to Siena), but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Pure Adventures will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Pure Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Trevi (Italy)
- 8 km
- Montefalco (Italy)
- 19 km
- Spoleto (Italy)
- 16 km
- Trevi (Italy)
- 31 km
- Torgiano (Italy)
- 46 km
- Cortona (Italy)
- 26 km
- Montepulciano (Italy)
- 8 km
- Pienza (Italy)
- 7 km
- Bagno Vignoni (Italy)
- 11 km
- Montalcino (Italy)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,531 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,383 tours in Europe
- covered by 256 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Italy - Etruscan Treasures Best of Tuscany (from Trevi to Siena) via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 6 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Italy - Etruscan Treasures Best of Tuscany (from Trevi to Siena)