Saxonland - In Search of a Lost Civilization
- Our saving
- US $ 771
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
john "My family of five had an amazing experience biking through Transylvania with our trusted and good natured Transybike guide Szabi and his free-spirited driver/counterpart, Zoltan. The biking was adventurous, arduous, and through unique terrain, and Szabi did a great job of customizing the trip to the needs and abilities of our family as he went along. Because it is his own small business, built a..."
- +3 Destinations
Start and end in Cluj-Napoca! With the bicycle tour Saxonland - In Search of a Lost Civilization, you have a 6 day tour package taking you through Cluj-Napoca, Romania and 3 other destinations in Romania. Saxonland - In Search of a Lost Civilization includes accommodation as well as an expert guide, meals and more.
- Rather Poor
- LWLisaWritten on June 23, 20175.0 - ExcellentMy sisters and I just returned from a 4 day cycling trip through Transylvania with TransyBike. What an amazing trip! Our days were spent cycling between villages and up and over the beautiful hills and valleys in the region. Along the way, we toured historic sites such as medieval fortified churches, visited charcoal burners and learned about the history of the area. Our evenings were spent in small, authentic Saxon villages at restored historic guesthouses and included the warm hospitality and delicious homemade cooking of local families. I feel as though we experienced the culture and history of this area in a way that we could have never done on our own. Our guide, Szabi, made all of this possible with his warm personality, the itinerary he planned and flexibility he provided to adapt to our needs. Our group had differing athletic abilities and he was willing and able to alter our route daily if needed. He also made us feel at home and comfortable immediately and was always willing to share cultural information or history about the area. I would highly recommend TransyBike to anyone who wants to visit this beautiful part of Romania.Show detailed ratings
- DRdaleWritten on August 25, 20165.0 - ExcellentOur vacation far exceeded my expectations. We had a wonderful week on our tandem bike ride across Transylvania. We were able to see so many castles and cathedrals and meet local people along the way. Guide: Szabolcs was outstanding!. Had everything completely planned but was flexible enough to change once he got to know our likes and dislikes better. All bike routes were chosen with safety in mind but still able to see incredible sites along the way. He was a wealth of knowledge of the history as well as the attractions. Plus, he was just a lot of fun to be with. Accommodations: Great mix of farm houses in the smaller towns and hotels in the "old town" in the bigger cities. One of the highlights of the trip was the home made breakfast with Szabolcs and Anna in Biertran. Bread was fresh from her neighbor's hearth, fruits and vegetables straight from the garden, etc. Everything was local and delicious. Equipment: Fantastic aluminum frame Trek tandem bike that was perfect. We've had several tandem trips in other countries but this bike was an order of magnitude better. Even better than our Cannondale at home.Show detailed ratings
- PRPatriciaWritten on August 17, 20165.0 - ExcellentMy husband, Dale, and I had an absolutely wonderful experience with TransyBike! Szabolcs was able to obtain a touring tandem for us for the customized tour of Romania he designed to our specifications. This trip completely exceeded our expectations, and we have taken two other biking tours in Europe with other companies. Szabolcs addressed our main concerns related to safety and itinerary coverage, but it was his personal attention and flexibility that made this a truly memorable and exciting experience. He shared with us information and passion about Romania, its people and culture that have made us better global citizens. I highly recommend TransyBike for any biking excursions.Show detailed ratings
- PCPhilipWritten on August 2, 20164.5 - Excellent5days spent with Szaby,our guide and bike tour operator,travelling from one beautiful,unspoilt Saxon village to another over 4 days ,then a final day ,arranged at short notice due to inclement weather ,in Szekelyland,that included an evening on the edge of the Harghita mountains bear watching. An exceptional trip,for scenery and buildings,exhilarating biking,fascinating history and culture,and of course ,the excitement of bears (and fierce sheepdogs!) Throughout,Szaby was enthusiastic ,organised and entertaining with terrific language skills and a great sense of humour,at ease with a joke,history or current affairs .As well as being a great travelling companion,he was sensitive to our "own space",and very flexible to changing plans.Highly recommended,we will be back for more! Philip and MollieShow detailed ratings
- JJjohnWritten on July 14, 20164.5 - ExcellentMy family of five had an amazing experience biking through Transylvania with our trusted and good natured Transybike guide Szabi and his free-spirited driver/counterpart, Zoltan. The biking was adventurous, arduous, and through unique terrain, and Szabi did a great job of customizing the trip to the needs and abilities of our family as he went along. Because it is his own small business, built and designed from scratch, there is a strong sense of pride-of-ownership and personal touch that Szabi is able to employ. Not only that, he has a strong sense of culture, respect for tradition, and an artistic touch that makes the bicycling almost secondary to a unique exploration of Transylvanian culture. Szabi's demeanor was always polite and professional, and he put forth 100% effort whether on the bike trail or describing the culture. He was especially accommodating to the needs of my kids, making their experience incredibly enjoyable despite the sometimes grueling bicycling. My family have had many adventures traveling the world but our experience with Transybike ranks among the top. Had we tried the trip on our own, we would have had only one-tenth the experience Szabi was able to give us. We are so grateful to him. The Pack family, Los Angeles, CaliforniaShow detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1. Transfer Cluj Napoca - Medias (2 h). Medias - Mosna - Alma Vii - Richis- Biertan 35 km
- Day 2. Biertan - Copsa Mare - Agnita - Stejarisu 45 km
- Day 3. Stejarisu - Iacobeni - Cris - Floresti - Malancrav 37 km
- Day 4. Malancrav - Cris - Stejarenii - Breite - Sighisoara - Saes 38 km
- Day 5. Saes - Apold - Daia - Crit - Bunesti - Viscri 40 km
- Day 6. Viscri - Transfer to Cluj Napoca
Expand allDownload PDF Brochure
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Barbara, 63 years old5th October 2018
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Recommended for Romania. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Romania. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Romania. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Romania. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Start and end in Cluj-Napoca.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this TransyBike booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 21 December 2018 the full payment of $771 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $771 for Saxonland - In Search of a Lost Civilization, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and TransyBike will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for TransyBike tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 293 km.
- Cluj-Napoca (Romania)
- 89 km
- Medias (Romania)
- 34 km
- Sighisoara (Romania)
- 29 km
- Viscri (Romania)
- 140 km
- Cluj-Napoca (Romania)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $771 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,511 tours in Europe
- covered by 254 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Saxonland - In Search of a Lost Civilization via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 5 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Saxonland - In Search of a Lost Civilization