Stray Journeys - Haast (South Island)
- US $ 1,383
- +6 Destinations
- New Zealand South Island
- Age range
- 18 to 50 year olds
- Hostel, Hotel, Lodge
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- ADAlexandraWritten on April 24, 20175.0 - ExcellentThe trip was amazing! I got to see all the things I wanted to in New Zealand and meet some really great people. The Doubtful Dound overnight cruise was especially wonderful. My one advice other than to do this tour is to be careful about the bike ride the second to last day. It's 25 km/15 miles and as a non-biker I didn't realize how long and hard it would be so don't be afraid to pass on the bike ride. Every other part of the trip was wonderful! Go visit New Zealand!Show detailed ratings
- MMarthaWritten on February 8, 20175.0 - ExcellentThe best way for travelling on solo, because you get to know all the little places around that are worth looking from place to place and at and at the same time, you get to know people . It is not a party tour as kiwi which I like it and you could have single room if you ask for it ! Love stray !!Show detailed ratings
- CFCarlyleWritten on November 28, 20163.0 - AverageGreat tour drivers Poor accommodationsShow detailed ratingsStray Travel commented on this reviewKia ora Carlyle, I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your guides on your Haast tour! Would you mind sending an email to email@example.com to let us know which accommodations you thought could be improved? We really appreciate the feedback so we can continue improving for future travellers. Thank you very much!
- LSlynneWritten on February 12, 20163.0 - AverageThoroughly enjoyed this action-packed trip - very much a trip of a lifetime. We were very lucky with the weather and the group bonded well together. The high point of this trip was the overnight cruise on Doubtful Sound with the visit to Franz Joseph glacier coming a close second! Generally, the accommodation was acceptable although none of the group was impressed by the hostel used in Queenstown - would suggest an alternative is offered. Although our driver/guide was very experienced, it was unfortunate that he clearly needed a break and appeared to be very tired and not be very interested in us as a group or taking any care over well-being . If asked to judge performance, I would say "basic/adequate". I believe the individual concerned was, indeed, given leave of absence shortly after our trip in January.Show detailed ratings
- ELEmilyWritten on January 19, 20164.0 - GoodMy husband and I recently travelled with Stray Journeys. The other people in the tour group were amazing and our driver was great. All accommodations were clean. We mostly had our own room and bathroom (except for the last 3 nights). The range of activities was awesome! The only downfall of our trip was that our boat in Doubtful Sound was overbooked so we ended up in Milford Sound instead. Overall, we had a great trip and would definitely travel with Stray again!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- CHRISTCHURCH TO FRANZ JOSEF
- FULL DAY AT FRANZ JOSEF
- FRANZ JOSEF TO MAKARORA
- MAKARORA TO DOUBTFUL SOUND
- DOUBTFUL SOUND TO QUEENSTOWN
- QUEENSTOWN - 2 Days
- QUEENSTOWN TO MOUNT COOK
- MOUNT COOK TO CHRISTCHURCH
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Good by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- December 1, 2016
Can I upgrade my stay?
You can upgrade your accommodation to single or double roo. Twin/Double upgrades are based on two people sharing and can only be booked if you are travelling with a companion.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Hamish13th March 2018
About the countries
- DollarNew Zealand
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Christchurch.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 35% to confirm this Stray Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 22 July 2018 the full payment of $1,383 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1383 for Stray Journeys - Haast (South Island), but the deposit of 35% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Stray Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Stray Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Christchurch (New Zealand)
- 199 km
- Franz Josef (New Zealand)
- 124 km
- Makarora (New Zealand)
- 214 km
- Doubtful Sound (New Zealand)
- 135 km
- Queenstown (New Zealand)
- 52 km
- Wanaka (New Zealand)
- 132 km
- Mount Cook (New Zealand)
- 206 km
- Christchurch (New Zealand)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,383 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 828 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 55 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Stray Journeys - Haast (South Island) via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 5 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Stray Journeys - Haast (South Island)