Stray Journeys - Haast (South Island)
- US $ 1,538
- +6 Destinations
- New Zealand South Island
- Rather Poor
- DKDianaWritten on January 10, 20193.0 - AverageShow detailed ratings
One day was more fun-filled than the other. And what an amazing group of people.
- AAnonymousWritten on May 19, 20184.0 - Good
Doubtful Sound was amazingShow detailed ratingsStray Travel commented on this reviewGlad to hear you loved it!
- ADAlexandraWritten on June 22, 20174.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
This tour brought me to some truly amazing and beautiful places. The Doubtful Sound cruise was especially amazing. I loved the people I met and had a great time. One thing though - don't feel like you have to go on the bike ride on one of the last days if... Read more
- RKRebeccaWritten on May 4, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
I did the 9 day tour through the south island and it was incredible! I had such a great time traveling with Stray. The people I met on my tour and Oli our guide were all great! A highlight of the Haast tour was definitely the overnight cruise on Doubtful... Read more
- ADAlexandraWritten on April 24, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
The trip was amazing! I got to see all the things I wanted to in New Zealand and meet some really great people. The Doubtful Dound overnight cruise was especially wonderful. My one advice other than to do this tour is to be careful about the bike ride the... Read more
- MMarthaWritten on February 8, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
The best way for travelling on solo, because you get to know all the little places around that are worth looking from place to place and at and at the same time, you get to know people . It is not a party tour as kiwi which I like it and you could have... Read more
- CFCarlyleWritten on November 28, 20163.0 - Average
Great tour drivers Poor accommodationsShow detailed ratingsStray Travel commented on this reviewKia ora Carlyle, I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your guides on your Haast tour! Would you mind sending an email to email@example.com to let us know which accommodations you thought could be improved? We really appreciate the feedback so we can continue improving for future travellers. Thank you very much!
- LSlynneWritten on February 12, 20163.0 - AverageShow detailed ratings
Thoroughly enjoyed this action-packed trip - very much a trip of a lifetime. We were very lucky with the weather and the group bonded well together. The high point of this trip was the overnight cruise on Doubtful Sound with the visit to Franz Joseph... Read more
- ELEmilyWritten on January 19, 20164.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
My husband and I recently travelled with Stray Journeys. The other people in the tour group were amazing and our driver was great. All accommodations were clean. We mostly had our own room and bathroom (except for the last 3 nights). The range of activities... Read more
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- CHRISTCHURCH TO FRANZ JOSEF
- FULL DAY IN FRANZ JOSEF
- FRANZ JOSEF TO MAKARORA
- MAKARORA TO DOUBTFUL SOUND
- DOUBTFUL SOUND TO QUEENSTOWN
- TWO FULLS DAYS IN QUEENSTOWN
- QUEENSTOWN TO MOUNT COOK
- MOUNT COOK TO CHRISTCHURCH
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Good by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Can I upgrade my stay?
You can upgrade your accommodation to single or double roo. Twin/Double upgrades are based on two people sharing and can only be booked if you are travelling with a companion.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Annie14th May 2018
Stray Journeys - Haast (South Island)
- Upcoming departures
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- ThursdayJan 31, 2019from Christchurch9 DaysFridayFeb 8, 2019to Christchurch0 seats leftUSD $1,538
- ThursdayFeb 7, 2019from Christchurch9 DaysFridayFeb 15, 2019to Christchurch5 seats leftUSD $1,538
- ThursdayFeb 14, 2019from Christchurch9 DaysFridayFeb 22, 2019to Christchurch0 seats leftUSD $1,538
- ThursdayFeb 21, 2019from Christchurch9 DaysFridayMar 1, 2019to Christchurch5 seats leftUSD $1,538
- ThursdayFeb 28, 2019from Christchurch9 DaysFridayMar 8, 2019to Christchurch5 seats leftUSD $1,538
- ThursdayMar 7, 2019from Christchurch9 DaysFridayMar 15, 2019to Christchurch5 seats leftUSD $1,538
- ThursdayMar 14, 2019from Christchurch9 DaysFridayMar 22, 2019to Christchurch0 seats leftUSD $1,538
- ThursdayMar 21, 2019from Christchurch9 DaysFridayMar 29, 2019to Christchurch5 seats leftUSD $1,538
- ThursdayMar 28, 2019from Christchurch9 DaysFridayApr 5, 2019to Christchurch5 seats leftUSD $1,538
- ThursdayApr 4, 2019from Christchurch9 DaysFridayApr 12, 2019to Christchurch5 seats leftUSD $1,538
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- DollarNew Zealand
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Christchurch.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Stray Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 15 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 6 February 2019 the full payment of $1,538 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 15 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1538 for Stray Journeys - Haast (South Island), but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Stray Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Stray Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Christchurch (New Zealand)
- 199 km
- Franz Josef (New Zealand)
- 124 km
- Makarora (New Zealand)
- 214 km
- Doubtful Sound (New Zealand)
- 135 km
- Queenstown (New Zealand)
- 52 km
- Wanaka (New Zealand)
- 132 km
- Mount Cook (New Zealand)
- 206 km
- Christchurch (New Zealand)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,538 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 1,279 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 81 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 15 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Stray Journeys - Haast (South Island) via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 8 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Stray Journeys - Haast (South Island)