Stray Journeys - Mackinnon (South Island)
- US $ 2,002
- Age range
- 18 to 50 year olds
- Hostel, Hotel, Lodge
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- SSuzanneWritten on February 17, 20184.5 - ExcellentJust finished fabulous 15 day South Island NZ tour. We were the old couple on the tour, traveling with mostly 20 somethings. They were so much fun and we all did our own dreams, whether sky diving, glacier hiking, mountain biking, and so on. Our driver Gullum was top notch! His commentaries were great. He kept us on the tight schedule so we didn't miss a thing. Accommodations varied from questionable to wonderful which made every night a new adventure. Would highly recommend this Stray tour!Show detailed ratingsStray Travel commented on this reviewThanks Suzanne for the lovely review! Glad we could show you around the South Island and help your NZ dreams come true.
- RKRobinWritten on December 13, 20174.5 - ExcellentHi there The Stray Journeys Tour in New Zealand, which I travelled with, I definitely would recommend. We had a really good, friendly, funny and qualified driver - Lego. I appreciated the way how the Tour was organized and I also loved our group. The people I met during the tour were really nice and turned into friends. In addition we saw all the beautiful places of this country and we were super lucky with the weather. In the end it was just a phenomenal three weeks we had in New Zealand! Keep it up and kind regards, RobinShow detailed ratings
- KBKateWritten on March 8, 20175.0 - ExcellentAmazing tour. Postie was a fantastic guide and maintained enthusiasm and energy throughout. Some wi fi available on bus. Great accommodation. Perfect number of people on the tour. Lots of solo travellers.Show detailed ratings
- CChongWritten on January 4, 20173.5 - GoodI highly recommend Stray for budget travellers who do not self drive in NZ. Just make sure that Stray has a better accommodation in Queenstown.Show detailed ratings
- KFKaleighWritten on September 26, 20163.5 - GoodThe concept of stray is really good for solo travelling! I was quite apprehensive about doing something alone, but found that this was a perfect mix of solo travellers and small friend groups. I felt too old to be doing kiwi experience and found the age range to be 24-31 with a few 35+ on the trip. Our group formed a really tight bond and we did almost all the activities together and no one was left alone. The driver Nat was super organised and really engaging on the trip and she really ensured we got everywhere on time and equipped with information. I would recommend haggling on my the price as I felt I got less value for money than others on a longer trip. But the concept, organisation and age groups were perfect for what I needed!Show detailed ratings
- AalbastruWritten on May 9, 20163.0 - Averageseen a lot of places, wich was really good, some hostels (2) were almost filthfyShow detailed ratings
- MeikeWritten on February 7, 20163.5 - Goodthe 2-week journey was a perfect way to see most of New Zealand's beautiful south island. We drove more than 5000km through breathtaking scenery. Travelling in a small group allowed us to get off the beaten track a couple of times. It is hassle free with the pre-booked accomodations, lots of great activities are included and discounts apply to other activities you can book in addition (but there is never any pressure to do so). My personal highlight was the Doubtful Sound Overnight cruise, which was absolutely stunning. As most travellers on the journey, I travelled by myself. I met great people in all age groups from all over the world and truly enjoyed it. I felt that we were unlucky with our driver as there could have been more input by him. But overall you see and learn a lot about this great country and I would definitely recommed this journey.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- CHRISTCHURCH TO PICTON
- PICTON TO ABEL TASMAN
- FULL DAY IN ABEL TASMAN
- ABEL TASMAN TO HANMER SPRINGS
- HANMER SPRINGS TO CHRISTCHURCH
- CHRISTCHURCH TO FRANZ JOSEF
- FULL DAY AT FRANZ JOSEF
- FRANZ JOSEF TO MAKARORA
- MAKARORA TO DOUBTFUL SOUND
- DOUBTFUL SOUND TO QUEENSTOWN
- TWO FULL DAYS QUEENSTOWN.
- QUEENSTOWN TO MOUNT COOK
- MOUNT COOK TO CHRISTCHURCH
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Good by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- May 1, 2017
We are travelling as a couple. Can we join this tour?
Our Stray Journeys are a great option for couples.
- May 1, 2017
Is it possible for us to get a private room?
We also have a double room upgrade if you were not wanting to stay in a dorm share room.
- May 1, 2017
What are the inclusions of the tour price?
Summer Tour Inclusions:
All transport: You'll travel in our comfortable mid-sized coaches around New Zealand.
Experienced tour guide: Expect entertaining commentary, insight into local secrets and extra support from your tour guide.
Accommodation: 13 nights’ quad share accommodation in a variety of quality backpacker hostels, wilderness lodges and cabins.
Meals: 10 breakfasts and 6 dinners
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Annie14th May 2018
About the countries
- DollarNew Zealand
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Christchurch.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 35% to confirm this Stray Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 26 July 2018 the full payment of $2,002 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2002 for Stray Journeys - Mackinnon (South Island), but the deposit of 35% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Stray Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Stray Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Christchurch (New Zealand)
- 273 km
- Picton (New Zealand)
- 95 km
- Abel Tasman NP (New Zealand)
- 178 km
- Hanmer Springs (New Zealand)
- 71 km
- Kaikoura (New Zealand)
- 151 km
- Christchurch (New Zealand)
- 199 km
- Franz Josef (New Zealand)
- 124 km
- Makaroa (New Zealand)
- 214 km
- Doubtful Sound (New Zealand)
- 135 km
- Queenstown (New Zealand)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,002 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 827 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 55 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Stray Journeys - Mackinnon (South Island) via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 7 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Stray Journeys - Mackinnon (South Island)