Stray Journeys - Beetham (North Island)
- US $ 769
- +5 Destinations
- New Zealand North Island
- Visit the famous Cathedral Cove
- Learn about Maori art forms and rituals
- Travel to the spectacular Huka Falls
- Hike the beautiful Tongariro Crossing
- Age range
- 18 to 50 year olds
- Hostel, Hotel, Lodge, Hut
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- EltonWritten on January 29, 20184.0 - GoodI liked almost everything in the trip. The exception was the day at Blue Duck Station. The place is boring, with bad acommodations and the way to get there is very unpleasant. I would rather to do something else than that.Show detailed ratingsStray Travel commented on this reviewKia ora Elton! Thank you for sharing your feedback. So many people rank Blue Duck Station as the highlight of their North Island trip, but we understand it's not to everyone's tastes. It's good to hear you enjoyed everything else!
- KKKandaceWritten on July 7, 20174.5 - ExcellentThis tour turned out to be one of the best trips I have ever taken!! I was a little nervous that we wouldn't get picked up since we were the only people being picked up at that certain location, but our tour guide, Seagull, turned up on time and it was smooth sailing from there. Everywhere we went was beautiful and majestic, almost Jurassic Park like! We went kayaking, had a 'safari' on side-by-sides at Blue Duck Station, went on a hike over an active volcano, and went out on the town on our last night as our make shift family! We all got along well, which is always a plus, but I loved our tour guide, he was hilarious and had a ton of knowledge about the land and it's its native people!! I would LOVE to go back one day and will definitely use Stray again in the future!! Thanks so much!!Show detailed ratings
- KimWritten on April 6, 20174.0 - GoodThe trip was awesome. Great tour group size allowing everyone to get to know each other. The guide was informative but not too pushy making it easy to get to know each other without pressureShow detailed ratings
- SASethWritten on April 3, 20175.0 - ExcellentThis was without a doubt one of the best experiences of my life. I recently quit my job and decided to travel for a while (alone), and I was looking for a tour where I could meet people while also covering a lot of ground. Stray did not disappoint. I did the six-day, five-night tour of the North Island, and it was truly life changing. I met incredible people and saw/did things that I will remember forever. I'm a bit of an introvert by nature and I've never done a group tour by myself, so I was really worried I would end up feeling isolated, but within the first hour of the trip that was so not the case. My driver, Lego (yes, like the brick), was awesome, knowledgeable, and hilarious. He made a great trip even more unforgettable and always accommodated our group's needs and requests. The sights that Stray picks are extremely impressive and definitely not things I would have discovered on my own. The accommodations are what you would expect for the price, but honestly I was always so busy doing things or going out that I only used the rooms to sleep anyway. As someone who went into this experience very skeptical, I can honestly say it is very well worth the money and time. I'm already looking into booking again with Stray in Asia. Can't speak more highly of this unforgettable experience.Show detailed ratings
- K(KaitlynWritten on March 8, 20175.0 - ExcellentStray was one of the best travel experiences of my life. I searched for months for the perfect tour, and this one fit like a glove on paper, and in real life. I would recommend this tour to anyone of any age. The destinations were great, the activities were well-planned and memorable, and the driver was enthusiastic and knowledgeable.Show detailed ratings
- URUrsulaWritten on February 9, 20174.5 - ExcellentThe tours are value for money and there are many options to chose from during the tour. Also for not so young people is a lot of events available and the activities are manageable even with no sportive background (kayaking). However, ever for more advanced travelers are great opportunities available (when the weather allows it; e.g. Tongariro crossing). Great tour and very good drivers/tour guides who are really looking after you.Show detailed ratings
- Ssoonja1026@hotmail.comWritten on January 6, 20174.5 - ExcellentIt was a great trip overall. Our guide, Hemy, was always very cheerful, patient and knowledgeable about the places we visited. The accommodation was sufficiently clean and comfortable. The vehicle was ok as well.Show detailed ratings
- ACAnnWritten on December 21, 20164.5 - ExcellentMy Stray Journey New Zealand Beetham tour was just what I was hoping for and more. It would not be for every traveler. I typically travel "backpacker" style and this was a step above. Shared accommodations were clean & functional. Dinners were tasty and our driver/guide Postie made sure we had a filling breakfast before our challenging Tongariro Alpine Crossing. We helped with meal prep at times, we handled our own luggage and stayed in hostel style rooms. He managed our time well, was prepared with alternate activities, and quietly took care of individual needs to improve our tour experience. My impression was that the places we stayed had long standing and good relationships with Stray which in turn provided experiences I would not have been able to have on my own. The cost was affordable and good value for me. I hope to travel with Stray again.Show detailed ratings
- SStephenWritten on November 23, 20164.5 - ExcellentGreat tour with Stray Travel. Well organised and covered a broad range of activities across the country with plenty of personal time to do your own stuff as well.Show detailed ratings
- RRonaWritten on August 28, 20164.0 - GoodOur stray journey of the north island was fantastic - we went to a wide range of places, plenty of activities and honestly the best part was learning about maori culture - so inspiring to see a culture that is actively rebuilding itself. We had a maori driver who had a great sense of humour!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- AUCKLAND TO HAHEI (COROMANDEL)
- HAHEI TO ROTORUA
- ROTORUA TO WHAKAHORO
- WHAKAHORO TO NATIONAL PARK
- NATIONAL PARK TO WELLINGTON
- WELLINGTON TO AUCKLAND
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- February 1, 2017
Does this include airfare?
We specialise in giving you the best tours from around the world, however the tours we offer do not include airfare and we do not book or advise on airfare. You will be responsible for booking your flights to meet with the group at the starting city. We do not recommend booking airfare before confirming your tour.
- January 1, 2017
How does the tour go from Wellington to Auckland?
The tour operator will use a bus.
- December 1, 2016
Is this tour strictly for passengers younger than 50 years old?
The ages shown on our website (for this operator) simply act as a guide, but there is no maximum age limit in place.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Jefferey24th January 2018
Stray Journeys - Beetham (North Island)
- TuesdayMar 27, 2018from Auckland6 DaysSundayApr 1, 2018to Auckland0 seats leftUSD $769Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- TuesdayApr 3, 2018from Auckland6 DaysSundayApr 8, 2018to Auckland4 seats leftUSD $769
- TuesdayApr 10, 2018from Auckland6 DaysSundayApr 15, 2018to Auckland0 seats leftUSD $769Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- TuesdayApr 17, 2018from Auckland6 DaysSundayApr 22, 2018to Auckland4 seats leftUSD $769
- TuesdayApr 24, 2018from Auckland6 DaysSundayApr 29, 2018to Auckland4 seats leftUSD $769
- TuesdayMay 1, 2018from Auckland6 DaysSundayMay 6, 2018to Auckland4 seats leftUSD $769
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- DollarNew Zealand
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Auckland.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 35% to confirm this Stray Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 18 May 2018 the full payment of $769 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $769 for Stray Journeys - Beetham (North Island), but the deposit of 35% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Stray Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Stray Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Auckland (New Zealand)
- 93 km
- Hahei (New Zealand)
- 150 km
- Rotorua (New Zealand)
- 149 km
- Whakahoro (New Zealand)
- 44 km
- Tongariro National Park (New Zealand)
- 242 km
- Wellington (New Zealand)
- 494 km
- Auckland (New Zealand)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $769 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 895 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 53 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Stray Journeys - Beetham (North Island) via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 14 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Stray Journeys - Beetham (North Island)