Stray Journeys - Beetham (North Island)
- US $ 796
- +5 Destinations
- New Zealand North Island
- Visit the famous Cathedral Cove
- Learn about Maori art forms and rituals
- Travel to the spectacular Huka Falls
- Hike the beautiful Tongariro Crossing
- Age range
- 18 to 50 year olds
- Hostel, Hotel, Lodge, Hut
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Travel style
- Discovery, Christmas & New Year
- Rather Poor
- AHAfshanWritten on May 3, 20183.5 - Good
We picked this tour because of the activities they offered. The pick up time for tour worked with our schedule. We could only take off of work for more than one week and many tours offered were longer. Our guide was amazing! We enjoyed the places we went.Show detailed ratingsStray Travel commented on this reviewKia Ora Afshan - We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your tour with us around the North Island :) Hopefully you'll be able to come back for a longer period of time in future - we'd love to show you the South Island!
- EltonWritten on January 29, 20184.0 - Good
I liked almost everything in the trip. The exception was the day at Blue Duck Station. The place is boring, with bad acommodations and the way to get there is very unpleasant. I would rather to do something else than that.Show detailed ratingsStray Travel commented on this reviewKia ora Elton! Thank you for sharing your feedback. So many people rank Blue Duck Station as the highlight of their North Island trip, but we understand it's not to everyone's tastes. It's good to hear you enjoyed everything else!
- KKKandaceWritten on July 9, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Our guide was very infomative and knowledgeable. He was friendly and funny.
- KKKandaceWritten on July 7, 20174.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
This tour turned out to be one of the best trips I have ever taken!! I was a little nervous that we wouldn't get picked up since we were the only people being picked up at that certain location, but our tour guide, Seagull, turned up on time and it was... Read more
- KimWritten on April 6, 20174.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
The trip was awesome. Great tour group size allowing everyone to get to know each other. The guide was informative but not too pushy making it easy to get to know each other without pressure
- SASethWritten on April 3, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
This was without a doubt one of the best experiences of my life. I recently quit my job and decided to travel for a while (alone), and I was looking for a tour where I could meet people while also covering a lot of ground. Stray did not disappoint. I did... Read more
- K(KaitlynWritten on March 8, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Stray was one of the best travel experiences of my life. I searched for months for the perfect tour, and this one fit like a glove on paper, and in real life. I would recommend this tour to anyone of any age. The destinations were great, the activities were... Read more
- URUrsulaWritten on February 9, 20174.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
The tours are value for money and there are many options to chose from during the tour. Also for not so young people is a lot of events available and the activities are manageable even with no sportive background (kayaking). However, ever for more advanced... Read more
- Ssoonja1026@hotmail.comWritten on January 6, 20174.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
It was a great trip overall. Our guide, Hemy, was always very cheerful, patient and knowledgeable about the places we visited. The accommodation was sufficiently clean and comfortable. The vehicle was ok as well.
- ACAnnWritten on December 21, 20164.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
My Stray Journey New Zealand Beetham tour was just what I was hoping for and more. It would not be for every traveler. I typically travel "backpacker" style and this was a step above. Shared accommodations were clean & functional. Dinners were tasty and... Read more
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- AUCKLAND TO HAHEI (COROMANDEL)
- HAHEI TO ROTORUA
- FULL DAY IN ROTORUA
- ROTORUA TO NATIONAL PARK
- NATIONAL PARK TO BLUE DUCK STATION
- BLUE DUCK STATION TO WELLINGTON
- WELLINGTON TO AUCKLAND
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Does this include airfare?
We specialise in giving you the best tours from around the world, however the tours we offer do not include airfare and we do not book or advise on airfare. You will be responsible for booking your flights to meet with the group at the starting city. We do not recommend booking airfare before confirming your tour.
How does the tour go from Wellington to Auckland?
The tour operator will use a bus.
Is this tour strictly for passengers younger than 50 years old?
The ages shown on our website (for this operator) simply act as a guide, but there is no maximum age limit in place.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Martina25th April 2018
Stray Journeys - Beetham (North Island)
- Upcoming departures
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- WednesdayNov 28, 2018from Auckland7 DaysTuesdayDec 4, 2018to Auckland0 seats leftUSD $796
- WednesdayDec 5, 2018from Auckland7 DaysTuesdayDec 11, 2018to Auckland0 seats leftUSD $796
- WednesdayDec 12, 2018from Auckland7 DaysTuesdayDec 18, 2018to AucklandOnly 2 seats leftUSD $796
- WednesdayDec 19, 2018from Auckland7 DaysTuesdayDec 25, 2018to AucklandOnly 2 seats leftUSD $796
- WednesdayDec 26, 2018from Auckland7 DaysTuesdayJan 1, 2019to AucklandOnly 2 seats leftUSD $796
- WednesdayJan 2, 2019from Auckland7 DaysTuesdayJan 8, 2019to AucklandOnly 2 seats leftUSD $796
- WednesdayJan 9, 2019from Auckland7 DaysTuesdayJan 15, 2019to Auckland0 seats leftUSD $796
- WednesdayJan 16, 2019from Auckland7 DaysTuesdayJan 22, 2019to Auckland0 seats leftUSD $796
- WednesdayJan 23, 2019from Auckland7 DaysTuesdayJan 29, 2019to Auckland5 seats leftUSD $796
- WednesdayJan 30, 2019from Auckland7 DaysTuesdayFeb 5, 2019to Auckland5 seats leftUSD $796
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- DollarNew Zealand
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Auckland.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Stray Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 15 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 5 December 2018 the full payment of $796 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 15 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $796 for Stray Journeys - Beetham (North Island), but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Stray Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Stray Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Auckland (New Zealand)
- 93 km
- Hahei (New Zealand)
- 150 km
- Rotorua (New Zealand)
- 132 km
- Tongariro National Park (New Zealand)
- 44 km
- Whakahoro (New Zealand)
- 244 km
- Wellington (New Zealand)
- 494 km
- Auckland (New Zealand)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $796 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 1,048 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 74 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 15 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Stray Journeys - Beetham (North Island) via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 16 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Stray Journeys - Beetham (North Island)