Stray Journeys - Batten (North Island)
- US $ 921
- +8 Destinations
- New Zealand North Island
- Age range
- 18 to 50 year olds
- Hostel, Hotel, Lodge, Hut
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- SHSaraWritten on March 18, 20175.0 - ExcellentThis Journey was fantastic!! I could not ask for a better planned trip - everything went off without a problem and I had the time of my life. I will definitely be using Stray again for future travels!Show detailed ratings
- MMaríaWritten on February 8, 20174.0 - GoodMy first time and I love it, definitely will like go to Vietnam with stray!!!Show detailed ratings
- SStephanieWritten on January 4, 20172.0 - Rather poorNew Zealand's North Island is beautiful and the tour took us to amazing places. Several of my friends had recommended Stray to me and I am afraid I can't do the same thing. Our guide was completely inexperienced and stuffed up a few times. We could not visit Hobbiton and did not get a plan B so ended up just walking around Rotorua, not knowing what we were doing. An afternoon wasted when we already had so little time. I'll keep a mixed memory of this trip. It was beautiful but I paid way to much for the service I got.Show detailed ratingsStray Travel commented on this reviewHi Stephanie, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am sorry to hear that we did not live up to your friends' recommendations of us. Please know that I have shared your feedback about your driver with the operations manager so he can review it with Jaffa. If there is anything else you feel we should know about your trip, please email email@example.com - all feedback is appreciated so we can help our drivers improve and provide the awesome experience you expected. Cheers, Lisa
- CCaitlinWritten on April 11, 20164.5 - ExcellentWe had no idea what to expect and we enjoyed every minute of it. We had two drivers Lego and Postie both of which were fun and knowledgable. Would definitely recommend this and will be returning to go round the South Island!Show detailed ratingsStray Travel commented on this reviewThat's great, Caitlin! We look forward to seeing you on the South Island sometime soon! :)
- Aimee-JoWritten on January 25, 20164.5 - ExcellentBeautiful scenery, fantastic drivers and awesome mini adventures! I loved every minute and have already recommended this trip to my friends.Show detailed ratings
- firstname.lastname@example.orgWritten on January 25, 20165.0 - ExcellentThe experience was amazing in the north island and managed to see a lot of things in 9 days. It was a shame it had to come to an end. The group that I travelled with were amazing and we got on really well with each other. We are planning on meeting up with everyone soon. The drivers museli and packs were outstanding and did everything possible to make sure our time with stray would be enjoyable.Show detailed ratings
- RuthWritten on December 12, 20154.5 - ExcellentThe tour was excellent and I would like to attribute it to the success of the tour guide cum driver, Mr Ruru. He was caring, warmth, fun-loving, supportive and helpful to all of us on board. I remembered how he jumped out immediately from relaxing at the hot water pool to attend to my request to break a jammed lock on my luggage. Additionally, he was able to provide good advice on activities, attractions and weather changes. He is certainly an experienced tour guide with all information in his finger tips. We felt very safe and looked after by him. He was always prepared to go an extra mile to meet the needs of the tour group. There was never a boring moment travelling in his bus. I would say he is the best tour guide in all my travelling experiences to date.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- AUCKLAND TO PAIHIA
- PAIHIA TO OPONONI
- OPONONI TO AUCKLAND
- AUCKLAND TO HAHEI (COROMANDEL)
- HAHEI TO ROTORUA
- ROTORUA TO WHAKAHORO
- WHAKAHORO TO NATIONAL PARK
- NATIONAL PARK TO WELLINGTON
- WELLINGTON TO AUCKLAND
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- December 1, 2016
Is airfare included in the tour price?
We specialise in giving you the best tours from around the world, however the tours we offer do not include airfare and we do not book or advise on airfare. You will be responsible for booking your flights to meet with the group at the starting city. We do not recommend booking airfare before confirming your tour.
- November 1, 2016
Does my time of arrival matter on day 1 of the tour?
It is recommended that you have to be in Auckland the night before if possible in case of delays or traffic.
- November 1, 2016
Where would I need to go for pick-up once I land in Auckland Airport?
You can go to any of the inner city pickups, like Queen Street or Fort Street. Please contact us to arrange this.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Sandra3rd May 2018
About the countries
- DollarNew Zealand
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Auckland.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 35% to confirm this Stray Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 27 July 2018 the full payment of $921 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $921 for Stray Journeys - Batten (North Island), but the deposit of 35% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Stray Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Stray Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Auckland (New Zealand)
- 185 km
- Paihia (New Zealand)
- 68 km
- Opononi (New Zealand)
- 194 km
- Auckland (New Zealand)
- 93 km
- Hahei (New Zealand)
- 150 km
- Rotorua (New Zealand)
- 149 km
- Whakahoro (New Zealand)
- 44 km
- Tongariro National Park (New Zealand)
- 242 km
- Wellington (New Zealand)
- 494 km
- Auckland (New Zealand)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $921 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 827 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 55 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Stray Journeys - Batten (North Island) via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 7 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Stray Journeys - Batten (North Island)