Stray Journeys - Batten (North Island)
- US $ 1,086
- Try your hand at sandboarding down impressive dunes
- Step into Mordor at the rugged Tongariro National Park
- Enjoy a traditional Maori Hangi dinner and performance
- Keep a watchful eye out for dolphins in the Bay of Islands
- Age range
- 17 to 70 year olds
- Hostel, Hotel, Lodge, Hut
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Travel style
- Discovery, Adventure, Christmas & New Year
- Stray Travel
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- AUCKLAND TO PAIHIA
- PAIHIA TO HOKIANGA
- HOKIANGA TO AUCKLAND
- AUCKLAND TO HAHEI (COROMANDEL)
- HAHEI TO ROTORUA
- FULL DAY IN ROTORUA
- ROTORUA TO NATIONAL PARK
- NATIONAL PARK TO BLUE DUCK STATION
- BLUE DUCK STATION TO WELLINGTON
- WELLINGTON TO AUCKLAND
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
- Rather Poor
- JBjaneWritten on March 30, 20194.0 - Good
Had a agreat journey with Strays. Highlight would be the Bay of Islands. A bit regretful I didn’t brave the crossing however there will be other opportunities. The alternate walk was beautiful and the company great. Will definitely consider the south with... Read moreShow detailed ratingsStray Travel commented on this reviewThanks for the rad review and sharing your photos, Jane! We'd love for you to Stray with us again on the South Island! Cheers, Lisa @ Stray
- JWJenniferWritten on March 1, 20194.5 - Excellent
I had an incredible time on the north island tour with stray with a huge variety of included and optional activities. We had 2 guides, Levi and moose, who swapped after 3 days, both were incredibly knowledgable about the areas visited and the culture... Read moreShow detailed ratingsStray Travel commented on this reviewCheers for leaving us some love, Jennifer! So glad you had an amazing time with Levi, Moose and your new group of travel friends!
- NNHWritten on February 21, 20194.5 - Excellent
I absolutely loved the journey and would do it all over again! It was definetely worth the money. Most of the accomadations were nice and it´s great that it´s not only hostels. I only really didn´t like the one in Auckland. Most of the meals are included... Read moreShow detailed ratingsStray Travel commented on this reviewThank you so much for choosing us to show you around the North Island! We're so glad to hear you had an awesome time and met some great new friends. :)
- LJLisaWritten on January 1, 20194.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Amazing experience overall, some real variations in accommodation and bus a little dated but value for money and experience off the beaten track great! Tour guide couldn’t do enough!
- GTGraceWritten on November 1, 20183.0 - AverageShow detailed ratings
So, over all I would say the tour was good. But Stray could and should definitely improve. Everything that was planned went according to plan until the Tongariro Crossing day, which was cancelled due to poor weather condition. But, Stray should have had a... Read more
- SHSaraWritten on March 18, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
This Journey was fantastic!! I could not ask for a better planned trip - everything went off without a problem and I had the time of my life. I will definitely be using Stray again for future travels!
- MMaríaWritten on February 8, 20174.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
My first time and I love it, definitely will like go to Vietnam with stray!!!
- SStephanieWritten on January 4, 20172.0 - Rather poor
New Zealand's North Island is beautiful and the tour took us to amazing places. Several of my friends had recommended Stray to me and I am afraid I can't do the same thing. Our guide was completely inexperienced and stuffed up a few times. We could not... Read moreShow detailed ratingsStray Travel commented on this reviewHi Stephanie, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am sorry to hear that we did not live up to your friends' recommendations of us. Please know that I have shared your feedback about your driver with the operations manager so he can review it with Jaffa. If there is anything else you feel we should know about your trip, please email email@example.com - all feedback is appreciated so we can help our drivers improve and provide the awesome experience you expected. Cheers, Lisa
- CCaitlinWritten on April 11, 20164.5 - Excellent
We had no idea what to expect and we enjoyed every minute of it. We had two drivers Lego and Postie both of which were fun and knowledgable. Would definitely recommend this and will be returning to go round the South Island!Show detailed ratingsStray Travel commented on this reviewThat's great, Caitlin! We look forward to seeing you on the South Island sometime soon! :)
- Aimee-JoWritten on January 25, 20164.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Beautiful scenery, fantastic drivers and awesome mini adventures! I loved every minute and have already recommended this trip to my friends.
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Is airfare included in the tour price?
We specialise in giving you the best tours from around the world, however the tours we offer do not include airfare and we do not book or advise on airfare. You will be responsible for booking your flights to meet with the group at the starting city. We do not recommend booking airfare before confirming your tour.
Does my time of arrival matter on day 1 of the tour?
It is recommended that you have to be in Auckland the night before if possible in case of delays or traffic.
Where would I need to go for pick-up once I land in Auckland Airport?
You can go to any of the inner city pickups, like Queen Street or Fort Street. Please contact us to arrange this.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Nicky29th September 2019
Stray Journeys - Batten (North Island)
- Upcoming departures
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- April 2020
- SundayOct 27, 2019from Auckland10 DaysTuesdayNov 5, 2019to AucklandOnly 2 seats leftUSD $1,086Sharing a twin room
- SundayNov 3, 2019from Auckland10 DaysTuesdayNov 12, 2019to AucklandOnly 1 seat leftUSD $1,086Sharing a twin room
- SundayNov 10, 2019from Auckland10 DaysTuesdayNov 19, 2019to AucklandOnly 1 seat leftUSD $1,086Sharing a twin room
- SundayNov 17, 2019from Auckland10 DaysTuesdayNov 26, 2019to AucklandOnly 1 seat leftUSD $1,086Sharing a twin room
- SundayNov 24, 2019from Auckland10 DaysTuesdayDec 3, 2019to AucklandOnly 2 seats leftUSD $1,086Sharing a twin room
- SundayDec 1, 2019from Auckland10 DaysTuesdayDec 10, 2019to AucklandOnly 2 seats leftUSD $1,086Sharing a twin room
- SundayDec 8, 2019from Auckland10 DaysTuesdayDec 17, 2019to AucklandOnly 2 seats leftUSD $1,086Sharing a twin room
- SundayDec 15, 2019from Auckland10 DaysTuesdayDec 24, 2019to AucklandOnly 2 seats leftUSD $1,086Sharing a twin room
- SundayDec 22, 2019from Auckland10 DaysTuesdayDec 31, 2019to AucklandOnly 1 seat leftUSD $1,086Sharing a twin room
- SundayDec 29, 2019from Auckland10 DaysTuesdayJan 7, 2020to AucklandOnly 2 seats leftUSD $1,086Sharing a twin room
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- DollarNew Zealand
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Auckland.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- For any tour departing before 7 November 2019 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 7 November 2019, a minimum payment of 20% is required to confirm your booking with Stray Travel. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 15 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Stray Travel. Please familiarise yourself with the Stray Travel payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Stray Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for Stray Travel tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Auckland (New Zealand)
- 185 km
- Paihia (New Zealand)
- 68 km
- Opononi (New Zealand)
- 194 km
- Auckland (New Zealand)
- 93 km
- Hahei (New Zealand)
- 150 km
- Rotorua (New Zealand)
- 132 km
- Tongariro National Park (New Zealand)
- 44 km
- Whakahoro (New Zealand)
- 244 km
- Wellington (New Zealand)
- 494 km
- Auckland (New Zealand)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,086 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 1,429 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 117 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- Use Discounts and Credits*
- Past passenger discounts or credits, early-bird savings, child discounts, and multi-person discounts offered by the tour operator may be applicable when you book with TourRadar. *Discounts and credits are subject to the tour operator terms and conditions.
- 12 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Stray Journeys - Batten (North Island)