Stray Journeys - Blake (National)
The Discovery Sale Unlock up to $600 in extra savings
ends in 65:43:03
- US $ 2,491
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
Start in Auckland and end in Christchurch! With the adventure tour Stray Journeys - Blake (National), you have a 18 day tour package taking you from Auckland to Christchurch and through Auckland, New Zealand and 15 other destinations in New Zealand. Stray Journeys - Blake (National) is a small group tour that includes accommodation in a hotel and hostel as well as an expert guide, meals, transport.
- Age range
- 18 to 50 year olds
- Hostel, Hotel, Lodge
- Max Group Size
- Boat, Mini-coach
- Rather Poor
- NFNatashaWritten on January 20, 20184.5 - ExcellentI had the most amazing time with Stray Journeys. The destinations were fantastic and even if the weather disrupts the day, there is always things to do. The accommodation in the majority of places is brilliant and the views are amazing. The only comment would be the accommodation within QueensTown isn’t the best, the showers don’t always work and some were off the wall. It can be very noisy during the early hours of the morning and it had a huge hill to climb to get there. The drivers I had on my tour are exceptional and ensured we made the most out of our trip.Show detailed ratingsStray Travel commented on this reviewThank you, Natasha, for sharing your experiences - great to hear that overall it was epic! We will definitely share your feedback about the Queenstown accommodation with the team so we can continue improving. Cheers!
- MOManuelWritten on January 14, 20184.0 - GoodDear Stray-team, thank you for this incredibly beautiful and unforgettable trip! This was the most beautiful trip of my life so far. I would like to especially thank our guide Lolly! With her always lovable character, her extensive knowledge of land, people and nature she has made this trip to a unique experience. Be grateful to have such a dedicated employee in your team! This trip was much more breathtaking than I could have imagined. The accommodations were great and better than I expected. Also the offered excursions were perfectly organized and worth every penny. Only at your bus fleet you should work. The seats in the old FUSO-minibuses (such as Gollum) are far too tight for these longer trips and the vehicles are noisy and poorly motorized. I would like to thank the entire team for this great experience! I will definitely recommend you! Greetings from Germany Manuel OchsShow detailed ratings
- JSJudyWritten on May 23, 20174.5 - ExcellentI spent 16 days on the Stray Blake Journey and thoroughly enjoyed it. We were all ages from 18 to me at 69 and the our guide was a mine of information and helped foster a friendly family atmosphere with different activity alternatives to suit our different interests. We were maximum 24 people on a small bus covering most of the best bits of NZ. Accommodation was good (with the occasional top bunk) and food was excellent. Our guide was helpful and informative and often went the extra mile to make sure we were OK. People got on well with each other and those who joined us part way through quickly felt included. There was flexibility in that I could leave the trip early and join a Hop on Hop off bus for a couple of days at the end to go to Mount Cook which our trip didn't go to. With only 16 days to see most of NZ and a wish for someone else to make the arrangements and give me information (rather than having to consult the guidebook) it was the best option for me. Some activities are extra cost which needs to be noted and factored into the budget.and there is a lot of time on the bus some days but there is wifi and good company and the nature of NZ is that there are a lot of miles to cover if you want to see most of the country in a short timeShow detailed ratings
- GHGraceWritten on March 31, 20163.0 - AverageOverall I had a very bad experience with Stray, I had a booked a journeys tour and then two weeks before the tour departure I was told there was a mistake and that I could not go on that tour. Several other options were offered but nothing would be able to replace the experience I was hoping for. There was then a long series of mistakes and a lot of effort on my part to get things resolved. In the end a resolution was found however it could not make up for the mistake, hassle and disappointment I felt over my whole trip. The positives were that I had an excellent bus driver who tried her best to make it a good trip and that New Zealand is an amazing and beautiful place with an endless amount of things to do. I would highly recommend taking a trip to New Zealand but I would strongly encourage people not to use Stray.Show detailed ratingsStray Travel commented on this reviewHi Grace, Thank you for giving us your honest feedback. I am very sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your overall Stray experience. This is not the standard of service that we strive to give our customers. I am glad to see that you were still able to enjoy your time in New Zealand with Natalie after the issues prior to your trip, and I hope that you will continue to recommend our beautiful country to others. Best wishes, Lisa
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- AUCKLAND TO HAHEI (COROMANDEL)
- HAHEI TO ROTORUA
- ROTORUA TO WHAKAHORO
- WHAKAHORO TO NATIONAL PARK
- NATIONAL PARK TO WELLINGTON
- WELLINGTON (VIA PICTON) TO ABEL TASMAN
- FULL DAY IN ABEL TASMAN
- ABEL TASMAN TO HANMER SPRINGS
- HANMER SPRINGS TO CHRISTCHURCH
- CHRISTCHURCH TO FRANZ JOSEF
- FULL DAY AT FRANZ JOSEF
- FRANZ JOSEF TO MAKARORA
- MAKARORA TO DOUBTFUL SOUND
- DOUBTFUL SOUND TO QUEENSTOWN
- TWO FULL DAYS QUEENSTOWN
- QUEENSTOWN TO MOUNT COOK
- MOUNT COOK TO CHRISTCHURCH
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Mercedes16th March 2018
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
- DollarNew Zealand
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Auckland is the starting point and Christchurch is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 35% to confirm this Stray Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 20 July 2018 the full payment of $2,491 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2491 for Stray Journeys - Blake (National), but the deposit of 35% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Stray Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Stray Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 2,189 km.
- Auckland (New Zealand)
- 93 km
- Hahei (New Zealand)
- 150 km
- Rotorua (New Zealand)
- 149 km
- Whakahoro (New Zealand)
- 44 km
- Tongariro National Park (New Zealand)
- 242 km
- Wellington (New Zealand)
- 65 km
- Picton (New Zealand)
- 95 km
- Abel Tasman NP (New Zealand)
- 178 km
- Hanmer Springs (New Zealand)
- 112 km
- Christchurch (New Zealand)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,491 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 792 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 54 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Stray Journeys - Blake (National) via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 4 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Stray Journeys - Blake (National)