Stray Journeys - Blake (National)
- US $ 2,550
- Create your own spa on the infamous Hot Water Beach
- Marvel at the icy wonderland of the Franz Josef Glacier
- Bask in spectacular panoramic alpine scenery in Wanaka
- See the glistening Milky Way from the top of Mount Cook
- Age range
- 17 to 70 year olds
- Hostel, Hotel, Lodge
- Max Group Size
- Boat, Mini-coach
- Travel style
- Adventure, Discovery, Christmas & New Year
- Stray Travel
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- AUCKLAND TO HAHEI
- HAHEI TO ROTORUA
- ROTORUA TO NATIONAL PARK
- NATIONAL PARK TO BLUE DUCK STATION
- BLUE DUCK STATION TO WELLINGTON
- WELLINGTON (VIA PICTON) TO ABEL TASMAN
- ABEL TASMAN
- ABEL TASMAN TO FRANZ JOSEF
- FRANZ JOSEF
- FRANZ JOSEF TO MAKARORA
- MAKARORA TO DOUBTFUL SOUND
- DOUBTFUL SOUND TO QUEENSTOWN
- QUEENSTOWN TO MOUNT COOK
- MOUNT COOK TO CHRISTCHURCH
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Average by past passengers
TransportRated Average by past passengers
- Rather Poor
- ASAmiWritten on December 30, 20182.5 - AverageShow detailed ratings
Fast paced, high intensity tour. We were leaving at 630AM most days. Our driver was doing South Island tour for the first time so Information was lacking although he was sweet and funny. Bus was small and old and dirty. Accommodations were variable.... Read more
- NFNatashaWritten on January 20, 20184.5 - Excellent
I had the most amazing time with Stray Journeys. The destinations were fantastic and even if the weather disrupts the day, there is always things to do. The accommodation in the majority of places is brilliant and the views are amazing. The only comment... Read moreShow detailed ratingsStray Travel commented on this reviewThank you, Natasha, for sharing your experiences - great to hear that overall it was epic! We will definitely share your feedback about the Queenstown accommodation with the team so we can continue improving. Cheers!
- MOManuelWritten on January 14, 20184.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Dear Stray-team, thank you for this incredibly beautiful and unforgettable trip! This was the most beautiful trip of my life so far. I would like to especially thank our guide Lolly! With her always lovable character, her extensive knowledge of land,... Read more
- JSJudyWritten on May 23, 20174.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
I spent 16 days on the Stray Blake Journey and thoroughly enjoyed it. We were all ages from 18 to me at 69 and the our guide was a mine of information and helped foster a friendly family atmosphere with different activity alternatives to suit our different... Read more
- GHGraceWritten on March 31, 20163.0 - Average
Overall I had a very bad experience with Stray, I had a booked a journeys tour and then two weeks before the tour departure I was told there was a mistake and that I could not go on that tour. Several other options were offered but nothing would be able to... Read moreShow detailed ratingsStray Travel commented on this reviewHi Grace, Thank you for giving us your honest feedback. I am very sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your overall Stray experience. This is not the standard of service that we strive to give our customers. I am glad to see that you were still able to enjoy your time in New Zealand with Natalie after the issues prior to your trip, and I hope that you will continue to recommend our beautiful country to others. Best wishes, Lisa
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Do I need a visa for this tour?
Visa requirements are always changing so it is best to contact your local embassy or consulate for the most up-to-date information.
Is travel insurance recommended?
Travel insurance is highly recommended. TourRadar has partnered with World Nomads to ensure you are adequately covered whilst travelling. For more information please contact our Travel Experts.
Are meals included?
Meals are not included to give you the flexibility to choose where and when you eat.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Debbie8th October 2019
Stray Journeys - Blake (National)
- Upcoming departures
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- April 2020
- WednesdayNov 27, 2019from Auckland17 DaysFridayDec 13, 2019to ChristchurchOnly 2 seats leftUSD $2,557Sharing a twin room
- WednesdayDec 4, 2019from Auckland17 DaysFridayDec 20, 2019to ChristchurchOnly 2 seats leftUSD $2,557Sharing a twin room
- WednesdayDec 11, 2019from Auckland17 DaysFridayDec 27, 2019to ChristchurchOnly 2 seats leftUSD $2,557Sharing a twin room
- WednesdayDec 18, 2019from Auckland17 DaysFridayJan 3, 2020to Christchurch0 seats leftUSD $2,557
- WednesdayDec 25, 2019from Auckland17 DaysFridayJan 10, 2020to Christchurch0 seats leftUSD $2,557
- WednesdayJan 1, 2020from Auckland17 DaysFridayJan 17, 2020to Christchurch0 seats leftUSD $2,557
- WednesdayJan 8, 2020from Auckland17 DaysFridayJan 24, 2020to ChristchurchOnly 1 seat leftUSD $2,557Sharing a twin room
- WednesdayJan 15, 2020from Auckland17 DaysFridayJan 31, 2020to ChristchurchOnly 2 seats leftUSD $2,557Sharing a twin room
- WednesdayJan 22, 2020from Auckland17 DaysFridayFeb 7, 2020to ChristchurchOnly 2 seats leftUSD $2,557Sharing a twin room
- WednesdayJan 29, 2020from Auckland17 DaysFridayFeb 14, 2020to ChristchurchOnly 2 seats leftUSD $2,557Sharing a twin room
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- DollarNew Zealand
Plugs & Adapters
- Auckland is the starting point and Christchurch is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- For any tour departing before 6 December 2019 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 6 December 2019, a minimum payment of 20% is required to confirm your booking with Stray Travel. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 15 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Stray Travel. Please familiarise yourself with the Stray Travel payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Stray Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for Stray Travel tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Auckland (New Zealand)
- 93 km
- Hahei (New Zealand)
- 150 km
- Rotorua (New Zealand)
- 132 km
- Tongariro National Park (New Zealand)
- 44 km
- Whakahoro (New Zealand)
- 244 km
- Wellington (New Zealand)
- 156 km
- Abel Tasman NP (New Zealand)
- 355 km
- Franz Josef (New Zealand)
- 124 km
- Makarora (New Zealand)
- 214 km
- Doubtful Sound (New Zealand)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,550 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 1,461 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 116 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- Use Discounts and Credits*
- Past passenger discounts or credits, early-bird savings, child discounts, and multi-person discounts offered by the tour operator may be applicable when you book with TourRadar. *Discounts and credits are subject to the tour operator terms and conditions.
- 5 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Stray Journeys - Blake (National)