Stray Journeys - Dingle (National)
- US $ 2,549
- Age range
- 18 to 50 year olds
- Hostel, Hotel, Lodge
- Max Group Size
- Boat, Mini-coach
- Rather Poor
- LALeeWritten on January 12, 20185.0 - ExcellentHad the greatest experience of my life! The trip was so much more than I could have anticipated and you do so much within a short period of time that If you meet some good people only knowing them for 5 days may make it feel like you've been best friends your whole life. Our driver for the Stray Journeys was Lolly and she was the best! She helped make my birthday very memorable as well as the whole trip but who could forget when your bus is decorated for Christmas! In the end the whole journey was a blast and I was able to meet amazing people and make unforgettable memories while travelling alone. Thank you for the experience of a lifetime.Show detailed ratingsStray Travel commented on this reviewWow - thank you, Lee! So happy that we were able to make your trip to NZ an incredible once-in-a-lifetime experience! I'm not surprised to hear that Lolly helped make your birthday a memorable one - she's an amazing driver guide! Thank you for straying with us!
- NNathalieWritten on August 24, 20175.0 - ExcellentMy Trip through almost all of New Zealand was nothing like I expected. It was so so much better. 4 weeks full of beauty, action and new, exciting experiences I am so glad to have made. My year is definitely made and my horizon expanded, for sure. Hunter was my guide throughout the North Island. He is great and always made sure we had fun, organizing adventures for us without fail. I can't live without his favourite song anymore now. Thank you Hunter, seriously. Twinkles was my guide throughout the South Island. Twinkles is a laid-back, sweet, friendly guy. He puts in so much effort to make life for the stray travellers easier, more effective and just lots of fun. He always helps you out and explains you whatever you want or need to know. I also loved the cooking we did together, group dinners were always so nice and yummy. Interesting little stops made long drives pleasant. Thank you guys for bringing me to some of the most beautiful places and most awesome activities I have ever seen and done in such a fun way. Thank you for everything you taught us. This was a beautiful way to see and discover NZ for my sister and me. Met great, great people here as well, from all over the world. Can't believe I have to say goodbye to all these crazy amounts of adventure and beauty of NZ for now. But I'll be back for sure. Still don't believe any of the stories about how you got your name though Twinks ;) have fun getting married! Wish you guys the best :) Cheers!! And thank you.Show detailed ratings
- ANangeliqueWritten on May 2, 20164.0 - GoodThe tour was amazing! Seen the most amazing things, met nice people, ditn't have to think of accommodation or food, and the driver was fun and told allot about the country! True or not true..... shamels??Show detailed ratings
- YBYvonneWritten on December 9, 20155.0 - ExcellentI was a bit concerned about my Dingle (2 0day) trip with Stray – it was my first time as a solo traveller and I had no idea what my Stray mates would be like. It proved to be one of the most amazing experiences of my life. The group were awesome, a true Euro bus of mixed ages and countries. The organisation was excellent, we saw the most incredibly beautiful places, shared laughs, great food and had the opportunity to try out so many fabulous experiences – too many to mention - but Franz Josef, Blue Duck, the Tongariro crossing and the mountain bike trail stand out – as do Queenstown and Doubtful Sound– which we all loved. The biggest thanks however goes to Postie (Simon). He was fabulous, took 15 very different people and turned us into a team of mates. His amazing positivity, great sense of humour, patience, organisational skills and incredible knowledge of New Zealand played a critical part in making this holiday such an outstanding journey and adventure. Thank you Stray for making my introduction to New Zealand so awesome and thank you Postie for being a great mate to us all.Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on December 2, 20155.0 - ExcellentI've not long finished the Dingle tour with Stray Journeys and was tempted to book the whole thing again! I had the time of my life.. one big wow moment. Massive thanks to Ruru who was an awesome guide, friend, drinking partner, entertainer, font of all knowledge and who always had our back. Looking forward to the next adventure with Stray. - Cassy
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- AUCKLAND TO HAHEI (COROMANDEL)
- HAHEI TO ROTORUA
- ROTORUA TO WHAKAHORO
- WHAKAHORO TO NATIONAL PARK
- NATIONAL PARK TO WELLINGTON
- WELLINGTON (VIA PICTON) TO ABEL TASMAN
- FULL DAY IN ABEL TASMAN
- ABEL TASMAN TO HANMER SPRINGS
- HANMER SPRINGS TO CHRISTCHURCH
- CHRISTCHURCH TO FRANZ JOSEF
- FULL DAY AT FRANZ JOSEF
- FRANZ JOSEF TO MAKARORA
- MAKARORA TO DOUBTFUL SOUND
- DOUBTFUL SOUND TO QUEENSTOWN
- TWO FULL DAYS QUEENSTOWN
- QUEENSTOWN TO MOUNT COOK
- MOUNT COOK TO CHRISTCHURCH
- CHRISTCHURCH TO WELLINGTON
- WELLINGTON TO AUCKLAND
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- February 1, 2017
Is an accommodation upgrade possible?
Yes, it is possible you can upgrade to a double and a single room. Please contact us to arrange this.
- February 1, 2017
Are meals included?
Some meals are included in the Journeys tours.
- December 4, 2015
Is it possible to include a visit to Milford Sound during or after the tour?
On our Stray Journeys tours we visit the Doubtful Sound which is a bigger sound in Fjordland National Park
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Amanda15th May 2018
About the countries
- DollarNew Zealand
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Auckland.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 35% to confirm this Stray Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 26 July 2018 the full payment of $2,549 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2549 for Stray Journeys - Dingle (National), but the deposit of 35% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Stray Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Stray Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Auckland (New Zealand)
- 93 km
- Hahei (New Zealand)
- 150 km
- Rotorua (New Zealand)
- 149 km
- Whakahoro (New Zealand)
- 44 km
- Tongariro National Park (New Zealand)
- 242 km
- Wellington (New Zealand)
- 65 km
- Picton (New Zealand)
- 95 km
- Abel Tasman NP (New Zealand)
- 178 km
- Hanmer Springs (New Zealand)
- 112 km
- Christchurch (New Zealand)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,549 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 827 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 55 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Stray Journeys - Dingle (National) via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 4 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Stray Journeys - Dingle (National)