Stray Journeys - Dingle (National)
- US $ 2,662
- Rather Poor
- LALeeWritten on January 12, 20185.0 - ExcellentHad the greatest experience of my life! The trip was so much more than I could have anticipated and you do so much within a short period of time that If you meet some good people only knowing them for 5 days may make it feel like you've been best friends your whole life. Our driver for the Stray Journeys was Lolly and she was the best! She helped make my birthday very memorable as well as the whole trip but who could forget when your bus is decorated for Christmas! In the end the whole journey was a blast and I was able to meet amazing people and make unforgettable memories while travelling alone. Thank you for the experience of a lifetime.Show detailed ratingsStray Travel commented on this reviewWow - thank you, Lee! So happy that we were able to make your trip to NZ an incredible once-in-a-lifetime experience! I'm not surprised to hear that Lolly helped make your birthday a memorable one - she's an amazing driver guide! Thank you for straying with us!
- NNathalieWritten on August 24, 20175.0 - ExcellentMy Trip through almost all of New Zealand was nothing like I expected. It was so so much better. 4 weeks full of beauty, action and new, exciting experiences I am so glad to have made. My year is definitely made and my horizon expanded, for sure. Hunter was my guide throughout the North Island. He is great and always made sure we had fun, organizing adventures for us without fail. I can't live without his favourite song anymore now. Thank you Hunter, seriously. Twinkles was my guide throughout the South Island. Twinkles is a laid-back, sweet, friendly guy. He puts in so much effort to make life for the stray travellers easier, more effective and just lots of fun. He always helps you out and explains you whatever you want or need to know. I also loved the cooking we did together, group dinners were always so nice and yummy. Interesting little stops made long drives pleasant. Thank you guys for bringing me to some of the most beautiful places and most awesome activities I have ever seen and done in such a fun way. Thank you for everything you taught us. This was a beautiful way to see and discover NZ for my sister and me. Met great, great people here as well, from all over the world. Can't believe I have to say goodbye to all these crazy amounts of adventure and beauty of NZ for now. But I'll be back for sure. Still don't believe any of the stories about how you got your name though Twinks ;) have fun getting married! Wish you guys the best :) Cheers!! And thank you.Show detailed ratings
- NNathalieWritten on August 24, 20175.0 - ExcellentMy Trip through almost all of New Zealand was nothing like I expected. It was so so much better. 4 weeks full of beauty, action and new, exciting experiences I am so glad to have made. My year is definitely made and my horizon expanded, for sure. Twinkles was my guide throughout the South Island. Twinkles is a laid-back, sweet, friendly guy. He puts in so much effort to make life for the stray travellers easier, more effective and just lots of fun. He always has a helping hand and explains you patiently whatever you want or need to know. I also loved the cooking, group dinners were always so nice and yummy and the fun times we all had together. Interesting little stops and fun games even made long drives pleasant. Thank you for bringing me to some of the most beautiful places and most awesome activities I have ever seen and done in such a fun way. Thank you for everything you taught us. This was a beautiful way to see and discover NZ for my sister and me. Met great, great people here as well, from all over the world. Can't believe I have to say goodbye to all these crazy amounts of adventure and beauty of NZ for now. But I'll be back for sure. Still don't believe any of the stories about how you got your name though Twinks ;) have fun getting married! Wish you the best :) Cheers!!Show detailed ratings
- ANangeliqueWritten on May 2, 20164.0 - GoodThe tour was amazing! Seen the most amazing things, met nice people, ditn't have to think of accommodation or food, and the driver was fun and told allot about the country! True or not true..... shamels??Show detailed ratings
- YBYvonneWritten on December 9, 20155.0 - ExcellentI was a bit concerned about my Dingle (2 0day) trip with Stray – it was my first time as a solo traveller and I had no idea what my Stray mates would be like. It proved to be one of the most amazing experiences of my life. The group were awesome, a true Euro bus of mixed ages and countries. The organisation was excellent, we saw the most incredibly beautiful places, shared laughs, great food and had the opportunity to try out so many fabulous experiences – too many to mention - but Franz Josef, Blue Duck, the Tongariro crossing and the mountain bike trail stand out – as do Queenstown and Doubtful Sound– which we all loved. The biggest thanks however goes to Postie (Simon). He was fabulous, took 15 very different people and turned us into a team of mates. His amazing positivity, great sense of humour, patience, organisational skills and incredible knowledge of New Zealand played a critical part in making this holiday such an outstanding journey and adventure. Thank you Stray for making my introduction to New Zealand so awesome and thank you Postie for being a great mate to us all.Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on December 2, 20155.0 - ExcellentI've not long finished the Dingle tour with Stray Journeys and was tempted to book the whole thing again! I had the time of my life.. one big wow moment. Massive thanks to Ruru who was an awesome guide, friend, drinking partner, entertainer, font of all knowledge and who always had our back. Looking forward to the next adventure with Stray. - Cassy
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- AUCKLAND TO HAHEI (COROMANDEL)
- HAHEI TO ROTORUA
- FULL DAY IN ROTORUA
- ROTORUA TO NATIONAL PARK
- NATIONAL PARK TO WHAKAHORO
- WHAKAHORO TO WELLINGTON
- WELLINGTON (VIA PICTON) TO ABEL TASMAN
- FULL DAY IN ABEL TASMAN
- ABEL TASMAN TO FRANZ JOSEF
- FULL DAY IN FRANZ JOSEF
- FRANZ JOSEF TO MAKARORA
- MAKARORA TO DOUBTFUL SOUND
- DOUBTFUL SOUND TO QUEENSTOWN
- TWO FULL DAYS IN QUEENSTOWN
- QUEENSTOWN TO MOUNT COOK
- MOUNT COOK TO CHRISTCHURCH
- CHRISTCHURCH TO HANMER SPRINGS
- HANMER SPRINGS TO KAIKOURA
- KAIKOURA TO WELLINGTON
- WELLINGTON TO AUCKLAND
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Is an accommodation upgrade possible?
Yes, it is possible you can upgrade to a double and a single room. Please contact us to arrange this.
Are meals included?
Some meals are included in the Journeys tours.
Is it possible to include a visit to Milford Sound during or after the tour?
On our Stray Journeys tours we visit the Doubtful Sound which is a bigger sound in Fjordland National Park
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- MaElma, 45 years old25th September 2018
Stray Journeys - Dingle (National)
- Upcoming departures
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- WednesdayOct 24, 2018from Auckland21 DaysTuesdayNov 13, 2018to Auckland5 seats leftUSD $2,662
- WednesdayOct 31, 2018from Auckland21 DaysTuesdayNov 20, 2018to Auckland5 seats leftUSD $2,662
- WednesdayNov 7, 2018from Auckland21 DaysTuesdayNov 27, 2018to Auckland0 seats leftUSD $2,662Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- WednesdayNov 14, 2018from Auckland21 DaysTuesdayDec 4, 2018to AucklandOnly 2 seats leftUSD $2,662
- WednesdayNov 21, 2018from Auckland21 DaysTuesdayDec 11, 2018to AucklandOnly 2 seats leftUSD $2,662
- WednesdayNov 28, 2018from Auckland21 DaysTuesdayDec 18, 2018to AucklandOnly 2 seats leftUSD $2,662
- WednesdayDec 5, 2018from Auckland21 DaysTuesdayDec 25, 2018to Auckland5 seats leftUSD $2,662
- WednesdayDec 12, 2018from Auckland21 DaysTuesdayJan 1, 2019to Auckland5 seats leftUSD $2,662
- WednesdayDec 19, 2018from Auckland21 DaysTuesdayJan 8, 2019to AucklandOnly 2 seats leftUSD $2,662
- WednesdayDec 26, 2018from Auckland21 DaysTuesdayJan 15, 2019to Auckland5 seats leftUSD $2,662
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- DollarNew Zealand
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Auckland.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Stray Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 15 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 2 November 2018 the full payment of $2,662 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 15 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2662 for Stray Journeys - Dingle (National), but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Stray Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Stray Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Auckland (New Zealand)
- 93 km
- Hahei (New Zealand)
- 150 km
- Rotorua (New Zealand)
- 132 km
- Tongariro National Park (New Zealand)
- 44 km
- Whakahoro (New Zealand)
- 244 km
- Wellington (New Zealand)
- 65 km
- Picton (New Zealand)
- 95 km
- Abel Tasman NP (New Zealand)
- 355 km
- Franz Josef (New Zealand)
- 124 km
- Makarora (New Zealand)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,662 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 951 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 69 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 15 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Stray Journeys - Dingle (National) via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 5 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Stray Journeys - Dingle (National)