Stray Journeys - Hillary (National)
- US $ 2,597
- Age range
- 18 to 50 year olds
- Hostel, Hotel
- Max Group Size
- Boat, Mini-coach
- Rather Poor
- LRLauraWritten on January 17, 20184.0 - GoodThe trip was great. The gide always had a lot of energy and was able to tell a lot about New Zealand. The bus trip was very long in the first 2 days. These are 2 full travel days, we didn't know this so this was a bit disappointing. The accommodations were basic. You are always in a room of 4 or more and usually in a backpackers log or similar. If you are on your own, this is quite fun. If you prefer not to have this, you must indicate this before your trip and they will arrange it. Because we wanted to see a whole new zealand, this means that you have many travel days, you have to take this into account if you want to see everything in a short period. Everything is well organized and all days have a tight schedule that is really kept.Show detailed ratingsStray Travel commented on this reviewKia ora Laura! Thank you for your feedback about your Hillary tour. We have recently reviewed how we make travellers aware of the first couple days of the tour so they don't have the same disappointment as you did. Glad to hear that you had a wonderful time with your guide Lantern and were able to see all of the country in the time you had!
- EEefjeWritten on August 12, 20174.5 - ExcellentThe Hillary Tour was amazing! In three weeks you get to see such beautiful places and spectacular scenery. Our guide Postie did a fantastic job and made my tour very memorable. The fact that the transportation and accomodation was all taken care of was very relaxing and I could just enjoy my trip. My highlights were Abel Tasman National Park and the Doubtful Sound Cruise. Stray is a great way to experience New Zealand and to meet some great people from all over the world.Show detailed ratings
- CChristineWritten on April 24, 20165.0 - ExcellentHad an awesome time with amazing people! Lantern was a great driver- full of knowledge and energy! The activities that were included were great as were the optional ones, so there was lots of choice! If you want to meet great people and see this amazing country Stray is a great company to do it with!!Show detailed ratings
- JohnWritten on February 19, 20163.5 - GoodGreat locations and we enjoyed the activities. The people running the accommodation were very friendly, especially at Doubtful Sound. Sometimes a holiday has a stand-out experience, but this one had many. I was going to self-drive, but am glad that we did it this way. We also had lovely weather. There were a couple of minor issues with the buses but they kept going.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- CHRISTCHURCH TO WELLINGTON
- WELLINGTON TO AUCKLAND
- AUCKLAND TO HAHEI (COROMANDEL)
- HAHEI TO ROTORUA
- ROTORUA TO WHAKAHORO
- WHAKAHORO TO NATIONAL PARK
- NATIONAL PARK TO WELLINGTON
- WELLINGTON (VIA PICTON) TO ABEL TASMAN
- FULL DAY IN ABEL TASMAN
- ABEL TASMAN TO HANMER SPRINGS
- HANMER SPRINGS TO CHRISTCHURCH
- CHRISTCHURCH TO FRANZ JOSEF
- FULL DAY AT FRANZ JOSEF
- FRANZ JOSEF TO MAKARORA
- MAKARORA TO DOUBTFUL SOUND
- DOUBTFUL SOUND TO QUEENSTOWN
- TWO FULL DAYS QUEENSTOWN
- QUEENSTOWN TO MOUNT COOK
- MOUNT COOK TO CHRISTCHURCH
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- November 1, 2016
Does this trip have loads of walking?
As this is a flexible kind of tour, there are no hikes or walks scheduled but you will have plenty of free time to experience the stunning countryside of New Zealand at your own pace. Your trip leader will always advise the scheduled activities for the day and you are flexible to adjust and include your own walks at any time as it suits your desired activity level.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Victoria8th April 2018
About the countries
- DollarNew Zealand
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Christchurch.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 35% to confirm this Stray Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 25 July 2018 the full payment of $2,597 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2597 for Stray Journeys - Hillary (National), but the deposit of 35% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Stray Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Stray Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Christchurch (New Zealand)
- 273 km
- Picton (New Zealand)
- 65 km
- Wellington (New Zealand)
- 494 km
- Auckland (New Zealand)
- 93 km
- Hahei (New Zealand)
- 150 km
- Rotorua (New Zealand)
- 149 km
- Whakahoro (New Zealand)
- 44 km
- Tongariro National Park (New Zealand)
- 242 km
- Wellington (New Zealand)
- 65 km
- Picton (New Zealand)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,597 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 827 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 55 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Stray Journeys - Hillary (National) via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 4 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Stray Journeys - Hillary (National)