Stray Journeys - Cook (National)
The Discovery Sale Unlock up to $600 in extra savings
ends in 10:02:08
- US $ 2,804
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
Hayley "My friend and I had a brilliant experience with stray.. It was catered for those travellers looking to go to places a little further of the beaten track and that's exactly what it did. The tour guides were knowledgeable and fun and knew exactly what they were doing. Stray is great. For those of us who aren't 18 anymore and aren't interested in a 24/7 party yet you still have loads of fun with li..."
- Take a wildlife cruise
- Visit the famous Cathedral Cove
- Explore the Huka Falls
- Discover the incredible Franz Josef
- Age range
- 18 to 50 year olds
- Hostel, Hotel, Lodge, Guesthouse
- Max Group Size
- Mini-coach, Ferry
Start and end in Auckland! With the adventure tour Stray Journeys - Cook (National), you have a 23 day tour package taking you through Auckland, New Zealand and 15 other destinations in New Zealand. Stray Journeys - Cook (National) is a small group tour that includes accommodation in a hostel as well as an expert guide, meals, transport.
- Rather Poor
- AAnnMacKenzieWritten on May 5, 20184.5 - ExcellentFrom all of us on the Cook summer tour starting 14th April for 23 days, we have had a #lifechanging experience on the Stray NZ tour of both islands. We thoroughly enjoyed all the different fantastic activities in all the excellent and varied locations on both Islands. Our experience was only heightened by the excellence of our driver, Lego, who took care of all of us and brought the fun factor to the trip! Having 9 girls/ladies on the bus could be daunting for any driver but Lego knew when coffee & chocolate were a must! :) Stray NZ are blessed to have Lego as their employee and we were lucky to have him as our driver for the majority of the trip. Thank you Stray NZ & Lego for a fantastic time throughout! Ann, Annie, Larissa, Linda, Nicole, Hattie, Emily, Nami & Franzi. xShow detailed ratingsStray Travel commented on this reviewWow! Thanks for the review guys! It sounds like you had an epic time travelling NZ with Lego - he really is a great driver guide. Thanks so much for Straying with us - we're glad we could be part of that #lifechanging experience ;)
- GGiovanaWritten on March 9, 20174.5 - ExcellentStray Journey is a great and responsible company. I had no problems travelling with them in the peak season. The drivers have a lot of knowledge of New Zealand, the accommodations are great and the activities also. I would reccommend to anyone who wants to travel and meet new people!Show detailed ratings
- SCSallyWritten on March 9, 20173.5 - GoodPapa G made our trip around the South Island really enjoyable. Although many days we seemed to spend the whole day on the coach it gave us a great taste for the country & we will definitely returnShow detailed ratings
- XXaviWritten on December 18, 20162.5 - AverageI did the "Cook Tour" where I could really visit the 98% of what you have to see in NZ. That's the tour you have to do if don't want to plant anything and just be taken to everywhere while having the chance to do a lot of activities like the Tongariro Alpine Crossing, Franz Josef Glacier, Swimming with Dolphins, Jet Boating, Canoying, an overnight stay in Milford Sound, a lovely bike trail in Central Otago and some other walks along the trip, and (mostly) staying in nice and unique accommodations like Blue Duck Station or a camp in Hahei. Unfortunately you spent too few time in Wellington and Christchurch. I found the last two days of non-stop drive back to Auckland really tiring and pretty uninteresting. If you don't really have a reason to go back by bus I suggest flying back to Auckland from Christchurch.Show detailed ratingsStray Travel commented on this reviewHello Xavi, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I'm sorry to hear that you weren't completely satisfied, but happy you were able to fit in nearly everything you wanted to see while you were here. I will share your comments with our team so we can continue to improve.
- HBHayleyWritten on October 2, 20165.0 - ExcellentMy friend and I had a brilliant experience with stray.. It was catered for those travellers looking to go to places a little further of the beaten track and that's exactly what it did. The tour guides were knowledgeable and fun and knew exactly what they were doing. Stray is great. For those of us who aren't 18 anymore and aren't interested in a 24/7 party yet you still have loads of fun with like minded people but truly get to explore new Zealand. Accommodation was great mostly with a few here or there that could be improved but the activities and range of activities were incredible. Highly recommend stray.Show detailed ratings
- BeckyWritten on January 11, 20164.5 - ExcellentHad a fantastic 23 days with Stray. Our driver was completely on the ball at all times, never get annoyed at the people who were always late, knew which activities were worth doing and which weren't, really enjoyed it.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- AUCKLAND TO PAIHIA
- PAIHIA TO OPONONI
- OPONONI TO AUCKLAND
- AUCKLAND TO HAHEI (COROMANDEL)
- HAHEI TO ROTORUA
- ROTORUA TO WHAKAHORO
- WHAKAHORO TO NATIONAL PARK
- NATIONAL PARK TO WELLINGTON
- WELLINGTON (VIA PICTON) TO ABEL TASMAN
- FULL DAY IN ABEL TASMAN
- ABEL TASMAN TO HANMER SPRINGS
- HANMER SPRINGS TO CHRISTCHURCH
- CHRISTCHURCH TO FRANZ JOSEF
- FULL DAY AT FRANZ JOSEF
- FRANZ JOSEF TO MAKARORA
- MAKARORA TO DOUBTFUL SOUND
- DOUBTFUL SOUND TO QUEENSTOWN
- TWO FULL DAYS QUEENSTOWN
- QUEENSTOWN TO MOUNT COOK
- MOUNT COOK TO CHRISTCHURCH
- CHRISTCHURCH TO WELLINGTON
- WELLINGTON TO AUCKLAND
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- February 1, 2016
Where does the tour start and end?
This tour begins and ends in Auckland.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- James12th May 2018
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
- DollarNew Zealand
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Start and end in Auckland.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 35% to confirm this Stray Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 22 July 2018 the full payment of $2,804 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2804 for Stray Journeys - Cook (National), but the deposit of 35% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Stray Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Stray Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 3,429 km.
- Auckland (New Zealand)
- 185 km
- Paihia (New Zealand)
- 68 km
- Opononi (New Zealand)
- 194 km
- Auckland (New Zealand)
- 93 km
- Hahei (New Zealand)
- 150 km
- Rotorua (New Zealand)
- 149 km
- Whakahoro (New Zealand)
- 44 km
- Tongariro National Park (New Zealand)
- 242 km
- Wellington (New Zealand)
- 156 km
- Abel Tasman NP (New Zealand)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,804 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 828 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 55 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Stray Journeys - Cook (National) via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 6 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Stray Journeys - Cook (National)