Day Tour from Dublin of Wicklow, Glendalough
- Tour Operator:
- Max group size:
- Age range:
- 10 to 85
- Operated in:
- Tour id:
Places You’ll See
- Powerscourt Mountain
Ready-to-book adventures, personalized
Make your adventure more you
Enjoy a tour focused solely on your travel group
Access our Travel Experts’ insider knowledge
Travel within your own bubble
- Day 1 Tour of Wicklow - Powerscourt and Glendalough
Operated by Hilltoptreks
After many years of trail walking and trekking experience in Ireland and other parts of the world I decided to setup my own walking tour company and cherry pick some of my favourite and more accessible walks throughout Ireland and its four provinces. I wish to bring to it some of the things I know that you would like to make your trekking as enjoyable and carefree as possible, giving you more time to do the things you want and letting us worry about the details. Our guided trail walking groups or walking holidays are a great way to avoid the trials of trying to find somewhere to stay during the busy season close to your walk, but there are lots of other advantages involved in using ourselves to organize your trip and transfer your luggage. Walking Tours with a difference Firstly, the itinerary will be expertly arranged based on the extensive experience of the guide. And you'll be given the best possible accommodation choices, as well as being directed to the best evening venues for traditional music, song and dance and other entertainment. You'll also receive personal insights into the local region, its history, culture, flora and fauna. Plus, going on a guided walking group holiday can be a huge amount of fun, with great company provided along the way. And it's always good to know that a fully qualified group leader is never far away. Terry Lambert. Our Sustainability Policy: Vision: We strive to provide environmentally aware events for a better planet. We are also aware that many local businesses and communities can depend on these services. Principles: Our approach to business is guided by commitments to the following principles: Leadership – All our guides are fully qualified and use Leave No Trace Policies. Inclusivity – We are aware that through our tours and activities we can teach these basic principles. Transparency – We declare these policies openly. Integrity – We advise all those on our tours and walks of these principles and try shop locally using local produce. Stewardship – Our Guides are aware of their responsibilities. Continuous Improvement – We are always open to advice on how to improve our policies and apply whenever possible. Important Issues We commit to: 1. Minimize environmental impacts in the areas of erosion by walking, terrain, waste, water, energy and air quality. 2. Give back to local communities by volunteering and donating resources for the upkeep of trails and tracks. Signed by Terry LambertRead more
- Overall RatingExcellent
- GKGerald· September 18th, 2022The long detour that the tour guide made through the Wicklow mountains was boring, nothing scenic.Hilltoptreks commented on this reviewSorry to hear that you did not enjoy the Wicklow Mountains National Park driveTrip date: September 2022
- CNCourtney· September 5th, 2022The tour was lovely, we had a chance to enjoy the beautiful gardens and nature that Ireland had to offer with a stop for lunch. Would recommend others to take the tour, and if you want more excitement go for the hiking and/or horseback riding.Hilltoptreks commented on this reviewThank you very much Courtney for your excellent review and we are lighted that you enjoyed your day tour of Wicklow with us.Trip date: July 2022
- TMTerri· July 21st, 2022Great informative day, great sights and our guide Was truly passionate about his work. Was delightful ! TerriHilltoptreks commented on this reviewThank you very much for taking the time to leave such an excellent review. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your Day tour of Wicklow with us.Trip date: July 2022
- TTTobias· April 2nd, 2022I have really enjoyed our day tour through the Wicklow highlands. The guide was a very save driver, friendly and had interesting insight to the history of all the parts. Especially Glandalough. Would totally recommend! :-)Hilltoptreks commented on this reviewThank you very much for your excellent review and Im delighted that you enjoyed your tour of WicklowTrip date: March 2022
Frequently Asked Questions
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!
Good to Know
- Plugs & Adapters
As a traveller from USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa you will need an adaptor for type G.
- Type GIreland
- Unfortunately we cannot offer you a visa application service. Whether you need a visa or not depends on your nationality and where you wish to travel. Assuming your home country does not have a visa agreement with the country you're planning to visit, you will need to apply for a visa in advance of your scheduled departure.
- Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Payment information
- For any tour departing before May 30th, 2023 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after May 30th, 2023, a minimum payment of 20% is required to confirm your booking with Hilltoptreks. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 60 days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Hilltoptreks will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- The following cards are accepted for "Hilltoptreks" tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- AccessibilitySome tours are not suitable for mobility-restricted traveller, however, some operators may be able to accommodate special requests. For any enquiries, you can contact our customer support team, who are ready and waiting to help you.
Keep Exploring Ireland
- Ireland Travel Guide | All You Need to Know
- Family Trip to Europe Itineraries (From 1 to 3 Weeks)
- 10 Best Cultural Travel Companies & Tour Operators
- 10 Best Cultural Experiences in The World 2023/2024
- Ireland from Dublin
- Ireland In-depth Cultural
- Small group tour
- Operators in Europe
- Day Tour from Dublin of Wicklow, Glendalough Tours in Ireland
- In-depth Cultural Tours
- Ireland Tours
- Europe Tours
- In-depth Cultural Tours
- Family Tours
- Private Tours
- Group Tours
- Fully Guided Tours
- Ireland tours