15 Day Delta & Dunes
- Our saving
- US $ 2,533
- Age range
- 12 to 70 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Rather Poor
- PEPietWritten on October 15, 20175.0 - ExcellentI wrote a much more in-depth breakdown of our trip on TripAdvisor.com, but I'll shorten it considerably here. If you're absolutely going to sign on, I urge Yao read that review as it provides a packing list, a number of tips, and a breakdown of experiences we encountered. My wife and I went on the Delta and Dunes safari in September 2017. Including cook and guide, there were 10 people on our party. PROS: - Extremely well organized, apparent that Wild-Dogs (WD) utilized trial and error, and guide expertise to dictate how the safari was put together - Guide and cook took very good care of the tourists. Their goal was putting the tourist's interests before their own, and providing as enjoyable an experience as possible - Food was better than I expected for the conditions. We were provided B, L and D, all of which were just fine for what we needed. We had two vegetarians onboard, and their food options were pretty decent according to my wife, who sampled some - Every excursion was magical in its own way. I have interests in geography, history, indigenous people, hunting, flora, fauna (definitely include birds here), and foreign cultures. This trip kept my interest zeroed in at all times, and we had a few instances where I was on sensory overload. CONS: - A heck of a lot of time riding in the bus, but to WD's defense, there's not too many alternatives for getting from Point A to Point B. They do provide plenty of bathroom stops, suggestions along the way - A lot of temperature variability, obligating us to pack for 50s to 100F, which again is out of WD's control...but what should you expect - you see the Kalahari and Skeleton Coast, two temperature extremes. This made packing for the event a bit of a challenge, taught me to organize everything based on frequency of use, and refine it along the way - WD provides 2" sleeping cushions. My back began getting a bit stiff during the trip, in part due to the driving, also due to older cushions. If you have a bad back, consider asking for an additional pad, or bringing an inflatable cushion to supplement. Summary: this was our first safari, and it left a terrific mark in my memory, and something to look forward to in the future. I'm extremely grateful to my friend who had recommended it, and have encouraged family and friends to do the same safari. Wild-Dog folks took terrific care of us and I'm very pleased with how beautifully everything turned out, and really enjoyed the company of our peers on the trip. It's very difficult to effectively articulate how fabulous the whole experience was, and genuinely hope folks reading my review feel the same. P.S. Read my review on TripAdvisor at https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g293821-d4083530-r533185380-Wild_Dog_Safaris-Windhoek_Khomas_Region.html#REVIEWS if you're signed on to go, as it offers a few essentials.Show detailed ratings
- VJValWritten on September 3, 20175.0 - ExcellentMy husband and I took this tour and were lucky to be the only ones so had a driver/guide and cook to ourselves. We loved every bit of it, even though we had originally had reservations about a camping trip. The only thing we would have liked is a pillow and an thicker (or two) mattresses. I guess we could have organised this in advance, but didn't know what we'd get until we were on our way.Show detailed ratings
- JHJanWritten on October 12, 20164.0 - GoodEverything exceeded my expectation. The guide Ian was wonderful, in his driving, knowledge of areas visited, and wildlife. He was the key to the entire trip. The only thing negative was the condition of the tents where the zippers needed to be repaired.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Windhoek – Ghanzi, Kalahari, Botswana
- Day 2: Ghanzi – Okavango Delta
- Day 3: Okavango Delta
- Day 4: Okavango Delta
- Day 5: Okavango Delta
- Day 6: Okavango Delta – Rundu, Namibia
- Day 7: Rundu – Namutoni, East Etosha region
- Day 8: Namutoni, East Etosha region
- Day 9: East Etosha region – Okaukuejo, Etosha National Park
- Day 10: Okaukuejo – Twyfelfontein, Damaraland
- Day 11: Twyfelfontein – Swakopmund, Skeleton Coast
- Day 12: Swakopmund
- Day 13: Swakopmund – Namib Desert/ Agama or Sesriem area
- Day 14: Agama / Sesriem area – Sossusvlei – Agama /Sesriem area,
- Day 15: Agama /Sesriem area – Windhoek
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- January 1, 2017
In terms of accommodation, what do I need to know about this tour?
The 15 day Delta and Dunes Tour is a Camping tour. All accommodation on tour will be at the campsites, except for Swakopmund where you will stay in a Guesthouse. Wild Dog Safaris will provide the Tents as well as Mattresses. You would need a sleeping bag, but this can also be rented from our office at an additional cost per sleeping bag per day. No pillows or towels provided, so you can just bring this with you. The Rooms at Prost Hotel are all Standard Rooms.
The campsites have ablution facilities with flush toilets and warm showers. Most campsites have electricity, with the exception of a few, but most of our trucks have charging.
- September 1, 2016
What is the required number of people for this trip to depart?
This trip requires at least 2 people book for this to push through.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Emily Jane22nd December 2017
15 Day Delta & Dunes
- ThursdayJun 14, 2018from Windhoek15 DaysThursdayJun 28, 2018to Windhoek10+ seats left$106USD $2,533
- ThursdayJul 5, 2018from Windhoek15 DaysThursdayJul 19, 2018to Windhoek10+ seats left$106USD $2,533
- ThursdayJul 26, 2018from Windhoek15 DaysThursdayAug 9, 2018to Windhoek7 seats left$106USD $2,533
- ThursdayAug 16, 2018from Windhoek15 DaysThursdayAug 30, 2018to Windhoek10+ seats left$106USD $2,533
- ThursdaySep 6, 2018from Windhoek15 DaysThursdaySep 20, 2018to Windhoek5 seats left$106USD $2,533
- ThursdaySep 27, 2018from Windhoek15 DaysThursdayOct 11, 2018to Windhoek9 seats left$106USD $2,533
- ThursdayOct 18, 2018from Windhoek15 DaysThursdayNov 1, 2018to Windhoek10+ seats left$106USD $2,533
- ThursdayNov 8, 2018from Windhoek15 DaysThursdayNov 22, 2018to Windhoek10+ seats left$106USD $2,533
- ThursdayNov 29, 2018from Windhoek15 DaysThursdayDec 13, 2018to Windhoek10+ seats left$106USD $2,533
- ThursdayDec 20, 2018from Windhoek15 DaysThursdayJan 3, 2019to Windhoek10+ seats left$106USD $2,533
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Namibia and Botswana. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Namibia and Botswana. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Namibia. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Namibia and Botswana. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Namibia and Botswana. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Namibia and Botswana. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an area with a risk of yellow fever transmission for Namibia and Botswana. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Start and end in Windhoek.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Wild Dog Safaris booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 20 July 2018 the full payment of $2,533 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2533 for 15 Day Delta & Dunes, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Wild Dog Safaris will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Wild Dog Safaris tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Windhoek (Namibia)
- 480 km
- Ghanzi (Botswana)
- 295 km
- Okavango Delta (Botswana)
- 369 km
- Rundu (Namibia)
- 313 km
- Namutoni (Namibia)
- 115 km
- Okaukuejo (Namibia)
- 48 km
- Etosha National Park (Namibia)
- 271 km
- Twyfelfontein (Namibia)
- 232 km
- Swakopmund (Namibia)
- 240 km
- Sesriem (Namibia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,533 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 2,081 tours in Africa
- covered by 101 different operators in Africa
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for 15 Day Delta & Dunes via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 3 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on 15 Day Delta & Dunes