Morocco on a Shoestring
- Our saving
- US $ 691
- Visit Casablanca's Central Market
- See the famous Koutoubia Mosque
- Explore the streets of Marrakech
- Discover the Roman city of Volubilis
- Age range
- 12 to 80 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- DHdonaldWritten on March 2, 20184.5 - ExcellentWonderful ... Loved Morocco ... Would go back in a heartbeat ... Loved it all. November 2017.Show detailed ratings
- BCBradleyWritten on January 8, 20185.0 - ExcellentThe tour was excellent we saw a lot of different places and a lot of history was given about thee places from the tour guide. The guide was very helpful with assisting others in attendance of the tour. The tour guide was very knowledgeable and very informative of the culture and history of the places we went. I would recommend this tour for anyone who is interested in seeing various landmarks and has any interest in learning about a different culture and it’s history.Show detailed ratings
- BWBarbaraWritten on April 3, 20173.0 - AverageFull of enthusiasm for our first visit to Africa, we were dismayed at the outset to receive no information about the logistics and particulars of the tour when we arrived at the hotel in Casablanca. Our itinerary said "dinner," but nothing more. The hotel tried calling the number on itinerary, but that phone was turned off. Many of us stood around, wondering what, where, when; we finally ate some dinner in the dining room and retired, having heard nothing from the tour guide. Lack of information plagued us for the entire tour, and when fellow travelers asked questions, all were met with irritable responses from our guide, who became more resistant to questions as time progressed. To alleviate the questions, it would have been so simple to post a schedule of the upcoming day's events and times at the hotel each evening. Too much time was spent on the bus with promises of free time, but some days no free time at all. I am furious that we were subjected to pre-planned and supposed tours of ceramics, rug and leather factories, when they were in fact horrendous, hard-sell, pre-arranged opportunities for the guide or tour company to get commissions.Show detailed ratingsEncounters Travel commented on this reviewDear Barbara, Thank you for taking the time to get back to us with your feedback, we appreciate all feedback, good and bad and recognise that this helps us to improve out tours for future travellers. I’ve responded to a couple of the points you raised below to hopefully explain things a little from our side. - We were dismayed at the outset to receive no information about the logistics and particulars of the tour when we arrived at the hotel in Casablanca. Our itinerary said "dinner," but nothing more. The hotel tried calling the number on itinerary, but that phone was turned off. Many of us stood around, wondering what, where, when; we finally ate some dinner in the dining room and retired, having heard nothing from the tour guide. - I’m sorry that you weren’t given more information on arrival in Morocco. We do provide detailed tour notes in advance of arrival in Morocco and it’s quite normal for no further itinerary to be given on arrival as we recommend downloading the tour notes prior to departure. We don’t set a specific time for dinner, as we have people in the group arriving at various different times during the day and evening. So, this is more a free evening, just with dinner included in the hotel. We’ll look to explain this a bit better in the itinerary. I realise we don’t list the individual pickup times in our tour notes, this is intentional as this could cause confusion throughout the tour if the times do need to change for any reason and the tour guide should be updating the group at the end of each day of the tour with the start time for the following day. Lack of information plagued us for the entire tour, and when fellow travelers asked questions, all were met with irritable responses from our guide, who became more resistant to questions as time progressed. To alleviate the questions, it would have been so simple to post a schedule of the upcoming day's events and times at the hotel each evening. All of the tour guides we use in Morocco are fully qualified guides with a great deal of experience in leading tours such as this. I’m sorry if you felt that the tour guide was in anyway hostile towards you or your fellow tour mates, this is certainly not the impression we aim to give and our team in Morocco have already followed up with the guide regarding this issue. I do take your point on board that it would be good to have a departure time board in each hotel so that pickup times can more easily be found at the end of each day and this is something which we have looked into. However many hotels are resistant to this if we don’t have large numbers with them very regularly (as they don’t want to have numerous boards from different companies). Too much time was spent on the bus with promises of free time, but some days no free time at all. I am furious that we were subjected to pre-planned and supposed tours of ceramics, rug and leather factories, when they were in fact horrendous, hard-sell, pre-arranged opportunities for the guide or tour company to get commissions. On a tour such as this there is always going to be a fair amount of driving which is unfortunately inevitable when trying to cover so much sightseeing in such a short amount of time. Generally on our group tours each day will be have very little free time apart from in evenings after the days touring has been completed and the majority of our clients do appreciate the full days which we provide them as this allows them to really maximise the time they have in the country. Shopping stops are also something which we have worked hard to strike a balance on throughout many years of operating escorted group tours in Morocco and other destinations. We realise that some people (like yourself) don’t like these types of stops, but equally we have found that many people do want to buy lots of souvenirs and appreciate being able to shop in a safe environment where little or no bartering is required. Also by taking our clients to these types of places they are often better assured of good quality products which unfortunately isn’t always the case when shopping in local markets. So, it’s a hard balance to strike to try to please everyone. We do aim to limit the number we include to those that feature local crafts and display some information about how the products are made. I am sorry that the tour didn’t meet with your expectations and that there were issues which you’ve felt necessary to bring to our attention, we do thank you for taking the time to do this and we’ll certainly be taking your comments onboard when looking at possible changes we can make to our tours in the future.
- CRCarolWritten on January 30, 20174.5 - ExcellentTrip was amazing!Show detailed ratings
- TGTomaszWritten on November 24, 20155.0 - ExcellentI've travelled to Morocco on a couple of occasions but this was my first time visiting the the north. I thoroughly enjoyed this tour and all of the great sightseeing that was included in the trip itinerary. The group I travelled in was great, really varied with some Aussies and Europeans and a couple from the US too. Our guide was brilliant, he gave us lots of advice when visiting the places included on the tour and also helped us in finding places to eat during our free time and made suggestions for the free time too. I wouldn't hesitate in recommending this tour to my friends and am already looking to travel with Encounters Travel to Egypt. Thanks for a great trip!!!Show detailed ratings
- DanniellWritten on November 24, 20154.5 - ExcellentGreat value for money trip, got to see a big chunk of Morocco in a short time.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive into Casablanca
- Day 2: Casablanca to Rabat
- Day 3: To Fez via Meknes & Volubolis
- Day 4: Fez, city tour
- Day 5: To Marrakech via Beni Mellal
- Day 6: Marrakech, city tour
- Day 7: Marrakech, free time, transfer to Casablanca
- Day 8: Casablanca, free time, transfer to airport for departure
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- April 1, 2017
Does my arrival on day 1 matter on this trip?
You can check into your hotel room from 2pm but you can arrive at any time on this day.
- April 1, 2017
Is there an available arrival/departure transfer on this trip?
The arrival/departure transfers are included on this trip.
- February 1, 2017
How many people are allowed on this tour?
On our Shoestring tours we allow for larger groups than our other trips, and this tour can run with a maximum of 45 travellers. We may also share this departure with travellers booking through other operators so you may join with travellers booking with different companies and from different countries. This can make for some really interesting groups and new people to meet.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Faye11th February 2018
Morocco on a Shoestring
- Upcoming departures
- March 2018
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- SaturdayMar 24, 2018from Casablanca8 DaysSaturdayMar 31, 2018to Casablanca0 seats left$21USD $828Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SaturdayMar 31, 2018from Casablanca8 DaysSaturdayApr 7, 2018to Casablanca10+ seats left$122$969-13%USD $847
- SaturdayApr 7, 2018from Casablanca8 DaysSaturdayApr 14, 2018to Casablanca10+ seats left$122$969-13%USD $847
- SaturdayApr 14, 2018from Casablanca8 DaysSaturdayApr 21, 2018to Casablanca10+ seats left$122$969-13%USD $847
- SaturdayApr 21, 2018from Casablanca8 DaysSaturdayApr 28, 2018to Casablanca10+ seats left$122$969-13%USD $847
- SaturdayApr 28, 2018from Casablanca8 DaysSaturdayMay 5, 2018to Casablanca10+ seats left$122$969-13%USD $847
- SaturdayMay 5, 2018from Casablanca8 DaysSaturdayMay 12, 2018to Casablanca10+ seats left$99$849-12%USD $750
- SaturdayMay 12, 2018from Casablanca8 DaysSaturdayMay 19, 2018to Casablanca10+ seats left$99$849-12%USD $750
- SaturdayMay 19, 2018from Casablanca8 DaysSaturdayMay 26, 2018to Casablanca10+ seats left$99$849-12%USD $750
- SaturdayMay 26, 2018from Casablanca8 DaysSaturdayJun 2, 2018to Casablanca10+ seats left$99$849-12%USD $750
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Start and end in Casablanca.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this Encounters Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 20 May 2018 the full payment of $691 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $691 for Morocco on a Shoestring, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Encounters Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Encounters Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Casablanca (Morocco)
- 88 km
- Rabat (Morocco)
- 118 km
- Meknes (Morocco)
- 25 km
- Volubilis (Morocco)
- 38 km
- Fes (Morocco)
- 227 km
- Beni Mellal (Morocco)
- 174 km
- Marrakesh (Morocco)
- 215 km
- Casablanca (Morocco)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $691 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 2,083 tours in Africa
- covered by 103 different operators in Africa
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Morocco on a Shoestring via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 6 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Morocco on a Shoestring