Morocco on a Shoestring
- Our saving
- US $ 620
- JUST PAY $99 DEPOSIT TODAY
- Visit Casablanca's Central Market
- See the famous Koutoubia Mosque
- Explore the streets of Marrakech
- Discover the Roman city of Volubilis
- Age range
- 5 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural, Christmas & New Year
- Rather Poor
- AAprilWritten on September 9, 20182.5 - AverageShow detailed ratings
This tour was very disorganized from the start. I do not think it’s beneficial to have multiple language tours on the same trip- it takes up too much time and ends up being confusing. The travel guide was impolite and his English grammar was difficult to... Read more
- NGNadaWritten on July 16, 20184.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
I liked the tour overall, but there were too many shopping places we had to stop (stop too long).
- GefWritten on May 12, 20182.0 - Rather poor
The hotels lacked adequate meals just the same mush every day and except for one no egg station... The hotel in Marrakech checked us in after 1800, and the room hadn't been cleaned or made ready from the previous guests.Show detailed ratingsEncounters Travel commented on this reviewHi Geoff, Thanks for your review. I’m sorry that you weren’t happy with the meals in the hotels. This is a Shoestring level tour and as such the hotels used (Moroccan 3 & 4-star level) are fairly simple and lower budget and don’t have the same variety or extensive options available in higher standard hotels. We do offer hotel upgrades on the tour in which more variety for the meals is available. You’re also very welcome to eat out in local restaurants rather than in the hotels if you wish, and many people do choose to do this, particularly in places like Marrakech where there are numerous different options available in the city centre. The issue with your hotel room sounds like the room was wrongly allocated to you by the hotel reception staff. I hope that they were able to swiftly change you to a different room when you notified them. Our guides and local office are also there to help with any issues like this. Thanks again Encounters Travel Team
- DHdonaldWritten on March 2, 20184.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Wonderful ... Loved Morocco ... Would go back in a heartbeat ... Loved it all. November 2017.
- BCBradleyWritten on January 8, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
The tour was excellent we saw a lot of different places and a lot of history was given about thee places from the tour guide. The guide was very helpful with assisting others in attendance of the tour. The tour guide was very knowledgeable and very... Read more
- BWBarbaraWritten on April 3, 20173.0 - Average
Full of enthusiasm for our first visit to Africa, we were dismayed at the outset to receive no information about the logistics and particulars of the tour when we arrived at the hotel in Casablanca. Our itinerary said "dinner," but nothing more. The... Read moreShow detailed ratingsEncounters Travel commented on this reviewDear Barbara, Thank you for taking the time to get back to us with your feedback, we appreciate all feedback, good and bad and recognise that this helps us to improve out tours for future travellers. I’ve responded to a couple of the points you raised below to hopefully explain things a little from our side. - We were dismayed at the outset to receive no information about the logistics and particulars of the tour when we arrived at the hotel in Casablanca. Our itinerary said "dinner," but nothing more. The hotel tried calling the number on itinerary, but that phone was turned off. Many of us stood around, wondering what, where, when; we finally ate some dinner in the dining room and retired, having heard nothing from the tour guide. - I’m sorry that you weren’t given more information on arrival in Morocco. We do provide detailed tour notes in advance of arrival in Morocco and it’s quite normal for no further itinerary to be given on arrival as we recommend downloading the tour notes prior to departure. We don’t set a specific time for dinner, as we have people in the group arriving at various different times during the day and evening. So, this is more a free evening, just with dinner included in the hotel. We’ll look to explain this a bit better in the itinerary. I realise we don’t list the individual pickup times in our tour notes, this is intentional as this could cause confusion throughout the tour if the times do need to change for any reason and the tour guide should be updating the group at the end of each day of the tour with the start time for the following day. Lack of information plagued us for the entire tour, and when fellow travelers asked questions, all were met with irritable responses from our guide, who became more resistant to questions as time progressed. To alleviate the questions, it would have been so simple to post a schedule of the upcoming day's events and times at the hotel each evening. All of the tour guides we use in Morocco are fully qualified guides with a great deal of experience in leading tours such as this. I’m sorry if you felt that the tour guide was in anyway hostile towards you or your fellow tour mates, this is certainly not the impression we aim to give and our team in Morocco have already followed up with the guide regarding this issue. I do take your point on board that it would be good to have a departure time board in each hotel so that pickup times can more easily be found at the end of each day and this is something which we have looked into. However many hotels are resistant to this if we don’t have large numbers with them very regularly (as they don’t want to have numerous boards from different companies). Too much time was spent on the bus with promises of free time, but some days no free time at all. I am furious that we were subjected to pre-planned and supposed tours of ceramics, rug and leather factories, when they were in fact horrendous, hard-sell, pre-arranged opportunities for the guide or tour company to get commissions. On a tour such as this there is always going to be a fair amount of driving which is unfortunately inevitable when trying to cover so much sightseeing in such a short amount of time. Generally on our group tours each day will be have very little free time apart from in evenings after the days touring has been completed and the majority of our clients do appreciate the full days which we provide them as this allows them to really maximise the time they have in the country. Shopping stops are also something which we have worked hard to strike a balance on throughout many years of operating escorted group tours in Morocco and other destinations. We realise that some people (like yourself) don’t like these types of stops, but equally we have found that many people do want to buy lots of souvenirs and appreciate being able to shop in a safe environment where little or no bartering is required. Also by taking our clients to these types of places they are often better assured of good quality products which unfortunately isn’t always the case when shopping in local markets. So, it’s a hard balance to strike to try to please everyone. We do aim to limit the number we include to those that feature local crafts and display some information about how the products are made. I am sorry that the tour didn’t meet with your expectations and that there were issues which you’ve felt necessary to bring to our attention, we do thank you for taking the time to do this and we’ll certainly be taking your comments onboard when looking at possible changes we can make to our tours in the future.
- CRCarolWritten on January 30, 20174.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Trip was amazing!
- TGTomaszWritten on November 24, 20155.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
I've travelled to Morocco on a couple of occasions but this was my first time visiting the the north. I thoroughly enjoyed this tour and all of the great sightseeing that was included in the trip itinerary. The group I travelled in was great, really varied... Read more
- DanniellWritten on November 24, 20154.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Great value for money trip, got to see a big chunk of Morocco in a short time.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive into Casablanca. Transfer to hotel
- Day 2: Casablanca to Rabat
- Day 3: To Fez via Meknes & Volubolis
- Day 4: Fez, city tour
- Day 5: To Marrakech via Beni Mellal
- Day 6: Marrakech, city tour
- Day 7: Marrakech, Majorelle Gardens, transfer to Casablanca
- Day 8: Casablanca, free time, transfer to airport for departure
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Good by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Encounters Travel
- TourRadar presents The Imperial Cities
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
When and where does the tour end?
This tour ends at midday at Diwan Hotel in Casablanca, Morocco and it's time to say goodbye to your new friends and take the included transfer to the Mohamed V Airport airport for departure. Please be aware the hotel is subject to change until your final documents are released.
When and where does the tour start?
The first day of the tour generally starts from Diwan Hotel in Casablanca, Morocco and as the first day is just an arrivals day you can arrive at any time. At the terminal, keep your eyes open for the staff of Encounters Travel, as they pick you up from the airport and take you to the hotel. Keep in mind that check-in on day 1 is after 2 pm! Please note that the joining point is subject to change until your final documents are released.
Do you arrange airport transfers?
A 24-hour airport arrival and departure transfer service is included in this tour and will be scheduled according to your flights.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Mandy18th February 2019
Morocco on a Shoestring
- Upcoming departures
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- SaturdayMay 4, 2019from Casablanca8 DaysSaturdayMay 11, 2019to Casablanca10+ seats left$272$999-27%USD $727
- SaturdayMay 18, 2019from Casablanca8 DaysSaturdayMay 25, 2019to Casablanca10+ seats left$272$999-27%USD $727
- SaturdayJun 1, 2019from Casablanca8 DaysSaturdayJun 8, 2019to Casablanca10+ seats left$229$849-27%USD $620
- SaturdayJun 15, 2019from Casablanca8 DaysSaturdayJun 22, 2019to Casablanca10+ seats left$229$849-27%USD $620
- SaturdayJun 29, 2019from Casablanca8 DaysSaturdayJul 6, 2019to Casablanca10+ seats left$261$949-28%USD $688
- SaturdayJul 6, 2019from Casablanca8 DaysSaturdayJul 13, 2019to Casablanca10+ seats left$28USD $921
- SaturdayJul 13, 2019from Casablanca8 DaysSaturdayJul 20, 2019to Casablanca10+ seats left$261$949-28%USD $688
- SaturdayJul 27, 2019from Casablanca8 DaysSaturdayAug 3, 2019to Casablanca10+ seats left$261$949-28%USD $688
- SaturdayAug 10, 2019from Casablanca8 DaysSaturdayAug 17, 2019to Casablanca10+ seats left$261$949-28%USD $688
- SaturdayAug 24, 2019from Casablanca8 DaysSaturdayAug 31, 2019to Casablanca10+ seats left$261$949-28%USD $688
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Start and end in Casablanca.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $99 to confirm this Encounters Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 25 June 2019 the full payment of $620 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $620 for Morocco on a Shoestring, but the deposit of $99 is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Encounters Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Encounters Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Casablanca (Morocco)
- 88 km
- Rabat (Morocco)
- 118 km
- Meknes (Morocco)
- 25 km
- Volubilis (Morocco)
- 38 km
- Fes (Morocco)
- 227 km
- Beni Mellal (Morocco)
- 174 km
- Marrakesh (Morocco)
- 215 km
- Casablanca (Morocco)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $620 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 4,901 tours in Africa
- covered by 420 different operators in Africa
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Morocco on a Shoestring via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 9 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Morocco on a Shoestring