Basel to Strasbourg by Bike
- Our saving
- US $ 1,221
Other reviews about UTracks:Write a review
- Shaun McMullen's review about another UTracks tour4.5 - ExcellentExcellent tour that was supplemented by a varied group of hikers who got on well. Great option if you only have a week a... Read more
- Saskia Ammon's review about another UTracks tour4.5 - Excellentwe did the 8 days counter clockwise, self-guided tour. the information provided by tour radar / Renee has been excellent... Read more
- Janice Iredale's review about another UTracks tour5.0 - ExcellentIt was wonderful The guide accommodation and food were amazing
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive Basel
- Day 2: Cycle along the Rhine through Markgräflerland to Mullheim (42km/26mi)
- Day 3: Cycle via Heitersheim and Bad Krozingen to Freiburg in the Black Forest (34km/21mi)
- Day 4: Cross the Rhine to fortified Neuf-Brisach and continue to beautiful Colmar (55km/34mi)
- Day 5: Along the foothills of the Vosges mountains to Riquewihr (39km/24mi)
- Day 6: Continue along the wine road through picturesque villages to Obernai (50km/31mi)
- Day 7: Along the banks of the Bruche canal to Strasbourg (37km/23mi)
- Day 8: Trip concludes
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
How difficult is this bike trail?
You should feel comfortable with the distances on this trip, as during the cycling days it can be difficult to shorten them. So you should be prepared to cycle the entire distance each day. The cycle is moderate (3) grade with daily cycles of between 34 and 55km / 21 and 24mi on mainly flat terrain.You will ride mainly on cycle paths on well‑marked trails over undulating terrain, on minor agricultural tarred roads or on little secondary roads without much traffic.
Days 5 and 6 are a little hilly. The accent is on keeping a relaxed pace to take in all of the attractions, with time to stop and take photos. It is designed as a holiday, so the distances should be manageable if you are a regular cyclist with a good level of fitness.
Where can I find more detailed information about this tour?
A trip note - which contains essential information about your trip will be given to you. Information such as the daily itinerary, where to meet on the first day, what time the trip starts, how to get to the joining point hotel, included activities, visa information, etc will be mentioned in there. Please contact us for this.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Leslie3rd September 2018
Basel to Strasbourg by Bike
- Upcoming departures
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- SaturdayApr 6, 2019from Basel8 DaysSaturdayApr 13, 2019to StrasbourgOnly 2 seats left$38USD $1,221Based on Twin Share
- SundayApr 7, 2019from Basel8 DaysSundayApr 14, 2019to StrasbourgOnly 2 seats left$38USD $1,221Based on Twin Share
- MondayApr 8, 2019from Basel8 DaysMondayApr 15, 2019to StrasbourgOnly 2 seats left$38USD $1,221Based on Twin Share
- TuesdayApr 9, 2019from Basel8 DaysTuesdayApr 16, 2019to StrasbourgOnly 2 seats left$38USD $1,221Based on Twin Share
- WednesdayApr 10, 2019from Basel8 DaysWednesdayApr 17, 2019to StrasbourgOnly 2 seats left$38USD $1,221Based on Twin Share
- ThursdayApr 11, 2019from Basel8 DaysThursdayApr 18, 2019to StrasbourgOnly 2 seats left$38USD $1,221Based on Twin Share
- FridayApr 12, 2019from Basel8 DaysFridayApr 19, 2019to StrasbourgOnly 2 seats left$38USD $1,221Based on Twin Share
- SaturdayApr 13, 2019from Basel8 DaysSaturdayApr 20, 2019to StrasbourgOnly 2 seats left$38USD $1,221Based on Twin Share
- SundayApr 14, 2019from Basel8 DaysSundayApr 21, 2019to StrasbourgOnly 2 seats left$38USD $1,221Based on Twin Share
- MondayApr 15, 2019from Basel8 DaysMondayApr 22, 2019to StrasbourgOnly 2 seats left$38USD $1,221Based on Twin Share
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- EuroGermany and France
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Switzerland and Germany. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Basel is the starting point and Strasbourg is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $500 to confirm this UTracks booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 16 December 2018 the full payment of $1,221 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1221 for Basel to Strasbourg by Bike, but the deposit of $500 is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and UTracks will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for UTracks tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Basel (Switzerland)
- 28 km
- Mullheim (Germany)
- 8 km
- Heitersheim (Germany)
- 6 km
- Bad Krozingen (Germany)
- 14 km
- Freiburg (Germany)
- 37 km
- Colmar (France)
- 11 km
- Riquewihr (France)
- 36 km
- Obernai (France)
- 24 km
- Strasbourg (Germany)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,221 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,367 tours in Europe
- covered by 258 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Basel to Strasbourg by Bike via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 22,989 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Europe tours