Basel to Strasbourg by Bike
- Our saving
- US $ 1,142
- Age range
- 2 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
Other reviews about UTracks:Write a review
- G Cheung's review about another UTracks tour5.0 - Excellent...iers and the self-guided maps and guides provided were easy to follow.UTracks Read more
- E Nikol's review about another UTracks tour5.0 - Excellent..., well worth a look inside. Luggage transfers worked smoothly. Thanks UTracks for a great first experience self guiding and in the Loire! Read more
- Nicola's review about another UTracks tour5.0 - ExcellentA tough hike at times, but really great fun. You can beat the experience of hiking around Mt Blanc! So glad I did this ... Read more
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive Basel
- Day 2: Cycle along the Rhine through Markgräflerland to Mullheim (42km/26mi)
- Day 3: Cycle via Heitersheim and Bad Krozingen to Freiburg in the Black Forest (34km/21mi)
- Day 4: Cross the Rhine to fortified Neuf-Brisach and continue to beautiful Colmar (55km/34mi)
- Day 5: Along the foothills of the Vosges mountains to Riquewihr (39km/24mi)
- Day 6: Continue along the wine road through picturesque villages to Obernai (50km/31mi)
- Day 7: Along the banks of the Bruche canal to Strasbourg (37km/23mi)
- Day 8: Trip concludes
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- May 1, 2017
How difficult is this bike trail?
You should feel comfortable with the distances on this trip, as during the cycling days it can be difficult to shorten them. So you should be prepared to cycle the entire distance each day. The cycle is moderate (3) grade with daily cycles of between 34 and 55km / 21 and 24mi on mainly flat terrain.You will ride mainly on cycle paths on well‑marked trails over undulating terrain, on minor agricultural tarred roads or on little secondary roads without much traffic.
Days 5 and 6 are a little hilly. The accent is on keeping a relaxed pace to take in all of the attractions, with time to stop and take photos. It is designed as a holiday, so the distances should be manageable if you are a regular cyclist with a good level of fitness.
- January 1, 2016
Where can I find more detailed information about this tour?
A trip note - which contains essential information about your trip will be given to you. Information such as the daily itinerary, where to meet on the first day, what time the trip starts, how to get to the joining point hotel, included activities, visa information, etc will be mentioned in there. Please contact us for this.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- James12th May 2018
Basel to Strasbourg by Bike
- Upcoming departures
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- MondayMay 28, 2018from Basel8 DaysMondayJun 4, 2018to StrasbourgOnly 2 seats left$51USD $1,229Based on Twin Share
- TuesdayMay 29, 2018from Basel8 DaysTuesdayJun 5, 2018to StrasbourgOnly 2 seats left$51USD $1,229Based on Twin Share
- WednesdayMay 30, 2018from Basel8 DaysWednesdayJun 6, 2018to StrasbourgOnly 2 seats left$51USD $1,229Based on Twin Share
- ThursdayMay 31, 2018from Basel8 DaysThursdayJun 7, 2018to StrasbourgOnly 2 seats left$51USD $1,229Based on Twin Share
- FridayJun 1, 2018from Basel8 DaysFridayJun 8, 2018to StrasbourgOnly 2 seats left$51USD $1,229Based on Twin Share
- SaturdayJun 2, 2018from Basel8 DaysSaturdayJun 9, 2018to StrasbourgOnly 2 seats left$51USD $1,229Based on Twin Share
- MondayJun 4, 2018from Basel8 DaysMondayJun 11, 2018to StrasbourgOnly 2 seats left$51USD $1,229Based on Twin Share
- TuesdayJun 5, 2018from Basel8 DaysTuesdayJun 12, 2018to StrasbourgOnly 2 seats left$51USD $1,229Based on Twin Share
- WednesdayJun 6, 2018from Basel8 DaysWednesdayJun 13, 2018to StrasbourgOnly 2 seats left$51USD $1,229Based on Twin Share
- ThursdayJun 7, 2018from Basel8 DaysThursdayJun 14, 2018to StrasbourgOnly 2 seats left$51USD $1,229Based on Twin Share
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- EuroGermany and France
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Switzerland and Germany. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Basel is the starting point and Strasbourg is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $500 to confirm this UTracks booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 24 July 2018 the full payment of $1,142 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1142 for Basel to Strasbourg by Bike, but the deposit of $500 is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and UTracks will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for UTracks tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Basel (Switzerland)
- 28 km
- Mullheim (Germany)
- 8 km
- Heitersheim (Germany)
- 6 km
- Bad Krozingen (Germany)
- 14 km
- Freiburg (Germany)
- 37 km
- Colmar (France)
- 11 km
- Riquewihr (France)
- 36 km
- Obernai (France)
- 24 km
- Strasbourg (Germany)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,142 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,980 tours in Europe
- covered by 211 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Basel to Strasbourg by Bike via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 17,970 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Europe tours