Northern Lights & Arctic Circle by Rail
The Discovery Sale Unlock up to $600 in extra savings
ends on 23 May 2018
- Our saving
- US $ 3,263
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
Have a question? Call us +1 844 311 3006
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
- Take a scenic ride on the Dovre Railway
- Stay in charming cabins on the coast
- Spot the Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights)
- Enjoy the opportunity to try dog-sledding
- Age range
- 12 to 70 year olds
- Hotel, Berth / Cabin, Sleeper Train
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Coach / Bus, Boat, Local Transport, Ferry
Start in Oslo and end in Tromso! With the train & rail tour Northern Lights & Arctic Circle by Rail, you have a 9 day tour package taking you through Oslo, Norway and 4 other destinations in Norway. Northern Lights & Arctic Circle by Rail is a small group tour that includes accommodation in a hotel as well as an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
- Rather Poor
- APAstridWritten on December 1, 20165.0 - ExcellentI travelled the first time with G Adventures and wasn´t disappointed at all. It was a different style of travelling which provided a well reasoned itinerary, different kinds of transportation and accommodation and a small groupShow detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 Oslo
- Day 2 Oslo (1B)
- Day 3 Oslo/Trondheim (1B)
- Day 4 Trondheim/Bodø (1B)
- Day 5 Bodø/Lofoten (1B)
- Day 6 Lofoten (1B)
- Day 7 Lofoten/Tromsø (1B)
- Day 8 Tromsø (1B)
- Day 9 Tromsø (1B)
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- The Arctic Expedition
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Why Travel With G Adventures?
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- November 1, 2016
Do you offer single accomodation for solo travellers?
Solo travellers will automatically be paired up with another solo tour participant of the same gender. On this particular tour a single upgrade isn't possible.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Elena21st December 2017
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Northern Lights & Arctic Circle by Rail
STARTENDSEATS LEFTSAVE NOW PRICE
- WednesdayDec 26, 2018from Oslo9 DaysThursdayJan 3, 2019to Tromso10+ seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $136USD $3,263
- SaturdayJan 5, 2019from Oslo9 DaysSundayJan 13, 2019to Tromso10+ seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $136USD $3,263
- SaturdayFeb 2, 2019from Oslo9 DaysSundayFeb 10, 2019to Tromso10+ seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $144USD $3,455
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Norway. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Oslo is the starting point and Tromso is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request G Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this G Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 25 July 2018 the full payment of $3,263 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $3263 for Northern Lights & Arctic Circle by Rail, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable. But, the deposit is fully transferable to future bookings with G Adventures.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for G Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 1,227 km.
- Oslo (Norway)
- 392 km
- Trondheim (Norway)
- 467 km
- Bodo (Norway)
- 102 km
- Lofoten (Norway)
- 266 km
- Tromso (Norway)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $3,263 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,925 tours in Europe
- covered by 209 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date. As an added benefit though, you can use the deposit for future bookings with G Adventures.
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Northern Lights & Arctic Circle by Rail