Northern Lights & Arctic Circle by Rail
- Our saving
- US $ 2,719
- +3 Destinations
- Northern Lights
- Take a scenic ride on the Dovre Railway
- Stay in charming cabins on the coast
- Spot the Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights)
- Enjoy the opportunity to try dog-sledding
- Age range
- 12 to 70 year olds
- Hotel, Berth / Cabin, Sleeper Train
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Coach / Bus, Boat, Local Transport, Ferry
- Travel style
- Train & Rail, Local Living
- Rather Poor
- APAstridWritten on December 1, 20165.0 - ExcellentI travelled the first time with G Adventures and wasn´t disappointed at all. It was a different style of travelling which provided a well reasoned itinerary, different kinds of transportation and accommodation and a small groupShow detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 Oslo
- Day 2 Oslo (1B)
- Day 3 Oslo/Trondheim (1B)
- Day 4 Trondheim/Bodø (1B)
- Day 5 Bodø/Lofoten (1B)
- Day 6 Lofoten (1B)
- Day 7 Lofoten/Tromsø (1B)
- Day 8 Tromsø (1B)
- Day 9 Tromsø (1B)
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- The Arctic Expedition
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Why Travel With G Adventures?
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Am I guaranteed to see the Northern Lights?
The Northern Lights (called the Aurora Borealis) is a naturally occurring phenomenon. The appearance of the Northern Lights is notoriously difficult to predict any further in advance than about two hours before it happens. Therefore, it is important to understand that the tour operator won’t be able to guarantee the perfect weather conditions while on the tour.
That being said, there will be multiple opportunities for sightings on this trip, so a sighting is likely, and the itinerary is also packed with many once in a lifetime experiences! Why not opt for dog-sledding, snowshoeing, reindeer-sledding or a wildlife-spotting cruise on your journey through this fantastic landscape.
I'm a solo traveller, is there a single supplement?
Solo travellers do not have to pay a single supplement as this is a group trip designed for shared accommodation. You will be paired in multi-share accommodation with travellers of the same sex, which is a great way to get to know your group and enrich your travel experience!
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Ann10th August 2018
Northern Lights & Arctic Circle by Rail
- WednesdayDec 26, 2018from Oslo9 DaysThursdayJan 3, 2019to TromsoOnly 2 seats left$816$3,399-20%USD $2,719Book Now Hold my
- SaturdayJan 5, 2019from Oslo9 DaysSundayJan 13, 2019to Tromso9 seats left$816$3,399-20%USD $2,719Instant BookHold my
- SaturdayFeb 2, 2019from Oslo9 DaysSundayFeb 10, 2019to Tromso9 seats left$180USD $3,599Instant BookHold my
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Norway. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Oslo is the starting point and Tromso is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request G Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this G Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 22 December 2018 the full payment of $2,719 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2719 for Northern Lights & Arctic Circle by Rail, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable. But, the deposit is fully transferable to future bookings with G Adventures.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for G Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Oslo (Norway)
- 392 km
- Trondheim (Norway)
- 467 km
- Bodo (Norway)
- 102 km
- Lofoten (Norway)
- 266 km
- Tromso (Norway)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,719 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,335 tours in Europe
- covered by 259 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date. As an added benefit though, you can use the deposit for future bookings with G Adventures.
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Northern Lights & Arctic Circle by Rail