Prague to Istanbul
- Charles Bridge in Prague
- Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra
- Try a Gulash in Budapest
- Visit Romania's capital Bucharest
- Age range
- 18 to 65 year olds
- Hotel, Guesthouse
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Local Transport, Private Vehicle
- Travel style
- Rather Poor
- KRKennethWritten on August 2, 20175.0 - ExcellentA great tour through some very interesting places in Eastern Europe. For those looking for a nice mix of the bigger cities, as well as some more off the beaten path places, this would be a good option.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive Prague
- Day 2-3: Vienna
- Day 4-5: Budapest
- Day 6: Eger
- Day 7: Baia Mare
- Day 8-9: Sighișoara
- Day 10-11: Brașov
- Day 12: Bucharest
- Day 13: Veliko Tarnovo
- Day 14-15: Sofia
- Day 16-17: Plovdiv
- Day 18: Istanbul or Sofia
- Day 19: Depart Istanbul
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Main Page Video
- Main Page Video
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
My wife and I are fit 70 yr olds. We prefer to walk at least 10 km per day and like good food and comforfabIe accomodation, preferably ensuite. Is this tour suitable?
Tucan overland tours are generally suitable for people aged between 18 and 65 years old. Tucan has a recommended maximum age of 65. Some exceptions are accepted. Food and accommodation are mid level.
Is this tour suitable for travelers over the age of 60?
Tucan Overland Tours are popular with younger-thinking travellers who are reasonably fit and active, so it is important that you are aware you will need to harmonize with this kind of group. Based on the nature of this travel style, Overland Tours are generally suitable for people aged between 18 and 60 years old (recommended maximum age of 65).
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Sheila11th May 2018
Prague to Istanbul
- WednesdayAug 29, 2018from Prague19 DaysSundaySep 16, 2018to Istanbul7 seats left$105$2,099-5%USD $1,994+ $298 Local Payment
- WednesdayOct 24, 2018from Prague19 DaysSundayNov 11, 2018to Istanbul7 seats left$103$2,059-5%USD $1,956+ $298 Local Payment
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- KorunaCzech Republic
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria and Turkey. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria and Turkey. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland and Hungary. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Recommended for Romania and Turkey. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Romania and Bulgaria. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Prague is the starting point and Istanbul is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $500 to confirm this Tucan Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 18 October 2018 the full payment of $1,956 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1956 for Prague to Istanbul, but the deposit of $500 is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Tucan Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Tucan Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Prague (Czech Republic)
- 439 km
- Poprad (Slovakia)
- 35 km
- Tatra National Park (Poland)
- 203 km
- Budapest (Hungary)
- 195 km
- Debrecen (Hungary)
- 147 km
- Baia Mare (Romania)
- 185 km
- Sighisoara (Romania)
- 89 km
- Brasov (Romania)
- 141 km
- Bucharest (Romania)
- 156 km
- Veliko Tarnovo (Bulgaria)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,956 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,005 tours in Europe
- covered by 254 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Prague to Istanbul via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Prague to Istanbul