Europe by Rail with the Glacier Express (from London to Budapest)
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
Start in London and end in Budapest! With the train & rail tour Europe by Rail with the Glacier Express (from London to Budapest), you have a 13 day tour package taking you from London to Budapest and through London, England and 8 other destinations in Europe. Europe by Rail with the Glacier Express (from London to Budapest) is a small group tour that includes accommodation in a hotel as well as an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
- Age range
- 12 to 70 year olds
- Hotel, Guesthouse
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Local Transport
Other reviews about G Adventures:Write a review
- Curtis Richardson's review about another G Adventures tour4.5 - ExcellentTrekking Mont Blanc with G Adventures was a great trip. At times it was strenuous but the views were worth ... Read more
- Fiona's review about another G Adventures tour4.5 - ExcellentAmazing trekking through the alps. It was a challenge so be prepared! Our tour leader Diane was AMAZING. Everything was ... Read more
- Roland Jahnke's review about another G Adventures tour4.0 - GoodWonderful tour guide Jumunji who looked after us brilliantly and shared the language, culture, history...and food...of ... Read more
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 London
- Day 2 London/Paris (1B)
- Day 3 Paris (1B)
- Day 4 Paris/Lausanne (1B)
- Day 5 Lausanne/Zermatt (1B)
- Day 6 Zermatt/Chur (1B, 1L)
- Day 7 Chur/Munich (1B)
- Day 8 Munich (1B)
- Day 9 Munich/Salzburg (1B)
- Day 10 Salzburg (1B)
- Day 11 Salzburg/Vienna (1B)
- Day 12 Vienna/Budapest (1B)
- Day 13 Budapest (1B)
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Why Travel With G Adventures?
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Martina25th April 2018
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
- Pound sterlingEngland
- EuroFrance , Germany and Austria
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Switzerland, Germany, Austria and Hungary. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Hungary. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Hungary. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- London is the starting point and Budapest is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request G Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this G Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 29 July 2018 the full payment of $0 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $0 for Europe by Rail with the Glacier Express (from London to Budapest), but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable. But, the deposit is fully transferable to future bookings with G Adventures.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for G Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 1,814 km.
- London (England)
- 343 km
- Paris (France)
- 413 km
- Lausanne (Switzerland)
- 102 km
- Zermatt (Switzerland)
- 165 km
- Chur (Switzerland)
- 210 km
- Munich (Germany)
- 115 km
- Salzburg (Austria)
- 251 km
- Vienna (Austria)
- 214 km
- Budapest (Hungary)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $0 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,980 tours in Europe
- covered by 211 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date. As an added benefit though, you can use the deposit for future bookings with G Adventures.
- 17,970 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Europe tours