- Our saving
- US $ 1,999
- Touch the Statue of Anonymous Rock
- Soak in the famous Gellert Baths
- Relax in Herastrau Park
- Take a haunted tour of Bran Castle
- Age range
- 18 to 39 year olds
- Coach / Bus
- Travel style
- Discovery, Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- RRebeccaLuhurWritten on August 16, 20184.5 - ExcellentIt was a great time with great experiences! Honestly one of the best things I’ve done in my life, Judes is the best! Super friendly and helpful and so full of facts, tips and history. I look forward to joining another tourShow detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on May 27, 20184.0 - GoodThe guided parts of the tour were the best. When we entered a city and a milky was able to provide us with ample information it allowed you to feel more immersed in the experienceShow detailed ratings
- GregWritten on May 26, 20183.5 - GoodThe amount of days spent in certain cities could b more evenly balanced.Show detailed ratings
- LMLaurenWritten on October 21, 20174.5 - ExcellentI went on the Eastern Escape tour in September this year and I had the fabulous Jemma as my tour leader. The tour itself was amazing and the places we saw was almost like out of a fairytale. I could easily do this tour againShow detailed ratings
- PatrickWritten on October 20, 20175.0 - ExcellentLegend/10. Fun, knowledgeable and organised. Jemma made our Eastern European trip so much better! Went out of her way to organise extra activities and dinners on our free days. She’s also pretty funny for a BritShow detailed ratings
- BBrookeWritten on October 20, 20174.0 - GoodJemma was so much fun! She made everyone feel welcome and was incredibly knowledgeable about the places we visited.Show detailed ratings
- RachWritten on October 20, 20175.0 - ExcellentAmazing. Very knowledgeable and keen to ensure our experience was the best we could have.Show detailed ratings
- DamienWritten on October 20, 20174.5 - ExcellentTouring throughout Eastern Europe for 2 weeks most certainly would not have been the same without Gemma. Her passion, knowledge and love for life are clearly evident. Bright and chirpy every single day no matter what. She was a pleasure to have as a tour leader. Topdeck as a whole has been a joy to tour with having just booked my third tour.Show detailed ratings
- WWintWritten on October 20, 20174.5 - ExcellentEverything was perfect with Topdeck during my Eastern Europe Escape; especially with our fascinating and witty tour guide Jemma, who is super knowledgable about history and culture, understanding, helpful and lovely! Always five stars!Show detailed ratings
- JBJessicaWritten on October 20, 20173.5 - GoodEastern Escape was an amazing opportunity for me to travel to places I wouldn't have otherwise travelled to. It was especially great to have a group to help navigate the different languages, food options, custom etc. and our guide, Jemma, was absolutely fantastic! I made some amazing friends and we still keep in touch. There was a bit more driving than I would have liked but overall the tour was wonderful. We saw and did so much in the two weeks we had - castles, bathhouses, bar-hopping and karaoke, hiking up a mountain - so many great experiences. I would definitely recommend the tour for anyone who wants to travel in Eastern Europe but doesn't want to go alone.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Budapest, Hungary
- Day 2: Budapest
- Day 3: Budapest to Sibiu, Romania
- Day 4: Sibiu to Bucharest
- Day 5: Bucharest
- Day 6: Bucharest to Brasov
- Day 7: Brasov to Cluj-Napoca
- Day 8: Cluj-Napoca
- Day 9: Cluj-Napoca to Kosice, Slovakia
- Day 10: Kosice to Kraków, Poland
- Day 11: Kraków
- Day 12: Kraków to Ceský Krumlov, Czech Republic
- Day 13: Ceský Krumlov to Prague
- Day 14: Prague
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Where can I find more detailed information about this tour?
A trip note - which contains essential information about your trip will be given to you. Information such as the daily itinerary, where to meet on the first day, what time the trip starts, how to get to the joining point hotel, included activities, visa information, etc will be mentioned in there. Please contact us for this.
Can you help us with our visas if needed?
Unfortunately we are unable to give visa advice due to the vast number of nationalities which our customers represent. Some nationalities can travel freely over borders, where others require advance permission to enter. There are also changes in requirements from time to time. We recommend checking your local embassy or consulate's website for the latest up to date information.
Why is this trip limited to people younger than 39?
Topdeck is a youth tour operator with specific youth products geared towards younger travellers. They often have a bigger focus on nightlife, and use multi-share hostels as accommodation (4 to 6 people to a room, in bunk beds, and shared bathrooms) and that would be the main reason of having an age restriction.
Guides who have led this tour
- "I am originally from London, UK and have had the pleasure of travelling for the last 5 years. I have..."
- "Hey there - my name is Judes and I am a Maltese Australian working as a European Trip Leader with Topdeck..."
- "Hey guys! My name is Piotr and I have been working as a tour manager (trip leader) since 2013. It is..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Page, 60 years old4th October 2018
- Upcoming departures
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- FridayMay 10, 2019from Budapest14 DaysThursdayMay 23, 2019to Prague10+ seats left$100USD $1,999Based on Twin-Share
- FridayMay 31, 2019from Budapest14 DaysThursdayJun 13, 2019to Prague10+ seats left$107USD $2,149Based on Twin-Share
- FridayJun 28, 2019from Budapest14 DaysThursdayJul 11, 2019to Prague10+ seats left$115USD $2,299Based on Twin-Share
- FridayJul 12, 2019from Budapest14 DaysThursdayJul 25, 2019to Prague10+ seats left$115USD $2,299Based on Twin-Share
- FridayAug 16, 2019from Budapest14 DaysThursdayAug 29, 2019to Prague10+ seats left$107USD $2,149Based on Twin-Share
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- KorunaCzech Republic
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Hungary, Romania, Slovakia, Poland and Czech Republic. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Hungary, Romania, Slovakia, Poland and Czech Republic. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Hungary, Slovakia, Poland and Czech Republic. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Recommended for Romania. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Romania. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Budapest is the starting point and Prague is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Topdeck to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Topdeck booking. The remaining balance is then payable 47 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 3 December 2018 the full payment of $1,999 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1999 for Eastern Escape, but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Topdeck tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Budapest (Hungary)
- 278 km
- Timisoara (Romania)
- 384 km
- Bucharest (Romania)
- 141 km
- Brasov (Romania)
- 474 km
- Kosice (Slovakia)
- 115 km
- Zakopane (Poland)
- 85 km
- Krakow (Poland)
- 394 km
- Prague (Czech Republic)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,999 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,367 tours in Europe
- covered by 258 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date.
- 30 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Eastern Escape