Berlin to London on a Shoestring
Member-Only Savings Unlock up to $600 in extra savings
ends on 30 May 2018
- Our saving
- US $ 937
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
Start in Berlin and end in London! With the discovery tour Berlin to London on a Shoestring, you have a 6 day tour package taking you through Berlin, Germany and 3 other destinations in Europe. Berlin to London on a Shoestring is a small group tour that includes accommodation in a hotel and hostel as well as an expert guide, transport and more.
- Age range
- 18 to 39 year olds
- Hostel, Hotel
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Coach / Bus, Boat, Local Transport, Ferry
- Rather Poor
- AAshleyWritten on October 27, 20162.5 - AverageWould not recommend “Berlin to London on a shoestring” YOLO tour as G Adventures did not provide added value. Met some great people in my group but apart from this, my experience was no better than it would have been had I booked/travelled on my own without G Adventures and in fact, it was probably worse. I expressed my feedback to G Adventures and received a concerned response from their CEO (the actual CEO, not the Tour Guide) as well as a detailed explanation from a Customer Service rep that unfortunately didn’t offer any confirmation as to how the issues I experienced would be prevented in the future. I also received a credit of $200 that is currently being processed back to my credit card. Key issues: -Arrived day 1 to find that arrangements hadn’t been made for my room assignment at the hostel. Checked back 3 times, everyone else was already in their room, hostel finally made arrangements for me (in my own room, bonus) and solved the problem themselves as they couldn’t track down the CEO. Bottom line—issue was rectified and apologized for by the hostel, not G Adventures. -Initial meeting – no notice was ever posted and no information was provided to the hostel as to the meeting time. Had to hang around and track down members of the tour group to figure out timing of meeting. Expect to be asked to provide your passport number and insurance information all over again. -Hostel for first 2 nights in Berlin was incredibly noisy due to big group of school students. Up ‘til 3am both evenings and reviews on the hostel suggest that this is an ongoing issue. Reported to G adventures hoping they would respond that they would reconsider this hostel however their response was that they “vet hostels carefully” and can’t control behaviour of other travellers in the hostel. -All of the above issues in combination took away from my ability to enjoy my 2 days in Berlin to the fullest and wasted precious time I could have used to experience the city to the fullest. Other things to consider: There is only 1 group activity for this tour (bike tour) and 2 orientation walks. You will have to plan ahead and organize all of your own optional activities and in my case the CEO did not have any authentically local knowledge or tips beyond what is in a standard guidebook. Ultimately, the only value G Adventures added was linking me up with other travellers, booking hostels, 1 train and 2 bus transfers. The bus took double the length of time versus a train and I arrived at each destination twice as tired and worn out as I would have via train travel. According to G Adventures the bus is a better way to experience travel. In both cases our buses were delayed and it took away from the experience. Also note that breakfast may not be included with each hostel and in some cases you may depart too early to take advantage of it. Bottom line, in my case, for less than the price of the tour, I could have had private rooms in hostels or budget hotels in each destination and travelled by train. I also would have known exactly where I was staying from the outset. For that reason, I would not recommend this or similar tours.Show detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewThanks for the comments here. Sorry things didn't work out as you may have hoped.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 Berlin
- Day 2 Berlin
- Day 3 Berlin/Amsterdam
- Day 4 Amsterdam
- Day 5 Amsterdam/Bruges
- Day 6 Bruges/London
AccommodationRated Average by past passengers
GuideRated Average by past passengers
TransportRated Rather poor by past passengers
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Why Travel With G Adventures?
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Martina25th April 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Berlin to London on a Shoestring
Select Departure Month
- Upcoming departures
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- December 2018
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
STARTENDSEATS LEFTSAVE NOW PRICE
- SaturdayJun 2, 2018from Berlin6 DaysThursdayJun 7, 2018to London5 seats left$31USD $1,249
- SaturdayJun 9, 2018from Berlin6 DaysThursdayJun 14, 2018to London8 seats left$31USD $1,249
- SaturdayJun 23, 2018from Berlin6 DaysThursdayJun 28, 2018to London10+ seats left$336$1,249-25%USD $937
- SaturdayJul 7, 2018from Berlin6 DaysThursdayJul 12, 2018to LondonOnly 1 seat left$32USD $1,299Book Now Hold my
- SaturdayJul 21, 2018from Berlin6 DaysThursdayJul 26, 2018to London5 seats left$32USD $1,299
- SaturdayJul 28, 2018from Berlin6 DaysThursdayAug 2, 2018to London10+ seats left$222$1,299-15%USD $1,104
- SaturdayAug 4, 2018from Berlin6 DaysThursdayAug 9, 2018to London7 seats left$32USD $1,299
- SaturdayAug 18, 2018from Berlin6 DaysThursdayAug 23, 2018to London9 seats left$32USD $1,299
- SaturdaySep 1, 2018from Berlin6 DaysThursdaySep 6, 2018to London4 seats left$214$1,249-15%USD $1,062Book Now Hold my
- SaturdaySep 22, 2018from Berlin6 DaysThursdaySep 27, 2018to London10+ seats left$31USD $1,249
Show more departures
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
- EuroGermany , Netherlands and Belgium
- Pound sterlingEngland
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Germany. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Berlin is the starting point and London is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request G Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this G Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 30 July 2018 the full payment of $937 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $937 for Berlin to London on a Shoestring, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable. But, the deposit is fully transferable to future bookings with G Adventures.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for G Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 985 km.
- Berlin (Germany)
- 577 km
- Amsterdam (Netherlands)
- 173 km
- Bruges (Belgium)
- 235 km
- London (England)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $937 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 8,095 tours in Europe
- covered by 212 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date. As an added benefit though, you can use the deposit for future bookings with G Adventures.
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Berlin to London on a Shoestring