Northern Lights & Glacier Lagoons - 5 days
- Our saving
- US $ 1,551
- Wander the streets of Reykjavik
- Stroll along a black lava beach
- See the northern lights
- Explore the hot springs at Geysir
- Age range
- 18 to 70 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Travel style
- Discovery, Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- EEvaWritten on December 28, 20172.5 - AverageI did a five day tour of Iceland. The local company was wonderful, but On the Go tours support was horrifically bad. I had corresponded with them previously and mentioned that I hadn't received any information about what hotels to stay at or what bus connections to catch. The London representative, Sarah Bansgrove, assured me that everything was okay, and that all I had to do was show up and look for an "On the Go Tours" sign and everything would be taken care of. I had expressed concern that I had not received any vouchers or any sort, but she told me not to be concerned. I've traveled before, so I didn't feel bad about hopping on the plane and going to a foreign country with little or no direction, but as expected, things did not pan out as neatly as the London representative suggested they would. I spent a while re-reading the tour info, but (!!!!) surprise! No information about any hotels or transfers, and the Flybus company had no idea who I was when I showed up to the counter and asked if a reservation had been made in my name. I emailed the company to ask what was up, and received my tour vouchers with hotel information forwarded three hours later. Twelve hours later I received an incredibly rude response for the person responsible for my booking that they were unable to process any requests because they were missing information DESPITE HAVING TELEPHONED THEM MULTIPLE TIMES AND HAVING ASKED IF EVERYTHING WAS IN SHAPE. Ms. Bansgrove had the audacity to lie and say nothing had been finalized on account of the missing information, despite her underling having forwarded all the missing vouchers three hours earlier. She was totally happy to collect $2000USD, but not to provide any support afterwards. I wound up paying for my own bus transfers both ways thanks to her failure to timely forward information. The local touring company in Iceland was friendly enough, but the entire tour felt completely overcharged. It was five days, but a guide was only provided for three of them. Being in Iceland taught me that other touring companies, like Reykjavik excursions and Grayline, do the same types of tours but for cheaper. Over all, I enjoyed all ten days of my stay in Iceland immensely, but absolutely no thanks to On the Go Tours. If you like rude customer service and overpriced trips, these guys are A++ at that. Otherwise, find another touring company or just build your own trip.Show detailed ratings
- SRSonyaWritten on December 7, 20173.0 - AverageThe trip was great. Driver/ guide very knowledgeable and took good care of our group. We had to go off schedule due to bad weather and he did more driving on day 2 than was planned. Really appreciate his efforts. My only complaint was the size of the bus. It was way too small, every seat was taken. He had to use a trailer for the luggage. The isle in the bus was so narrow it was difficult to load and unload. There was no room to put backpacks so they were on your lap the entire time.Show detailed ratings
- ARAngelaWritten on October 12, 20174.5 - ExcellentGreat trip covered everything and the hotels, food and guide Rosa were amazing. Would definitely recommend it to friends and family.Show detailed ratingsOn The Go Tours commented on this reviewHi Angela, Thank you for taking the time to review your trip in Iceland with On The Go Tours. We are glad to hear you had an enjoyable experience and would recommend it to your friends and family. We hope you will travel with us again in the future. Thanks, On The Go Tours
- KylieWritten on January 24, 20175.0 - ExcellentLoved the trip! So much to see in a few days but a good mix of travel and getting out and seeing things. Great to have wifi on the bus and our tour guide was just fantastic.Show detailed ratingsOn The Go Tours commented on this reviewHi Kylie, Thank you for taking the time to write. It is great to hear that you loved your tour. Your comments have been passed onto our Iceland tour team. We look forward to you travelling with us again. Best regards, On The Go Tours
- KGKathleenWritten on October 17, 20164.0 - GoodYes it was what I expected. It's not a glam tour, and you do have some long drives in just three days, but we got to see a lot of Iceland in that time and our guide was wonderful.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Reykjavik
- Day 2: Golden Circle
- Day 3: Lagoons & Parks
- Day 4: Lava Field & Volcanoes
- Day 5: Reykjavik
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
- Main Page Video
- Iceland: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
When is the best time of the year to take this tour?
This tour only runs at optimal times during the year! The tour is closed from May to September - this is because the sky is not dark enough to see the lights.
While On The Go will make sure that customers experience this tour under the best conditions during the year, the quality of your Northern lights sighting is heavily dependent on the weather - whether it's cloudy or not; as well as the actual activity of the aurora. This is not really linked to one part of the year or another, but more to chance.
September and October are the months we would recommend to anybody who prefers to avoid the extreme cold of an Arctic winter. November and December are very much a time of change in the Arctic and heralds the arrival of the first major snows of the winter. The snow does bring quite a bit of cloud cover but the shorter days also bring darker skies which increases the amount of time during which the Aurora might be visible. January to March are probably the three most popular months for Aurora hunting because they bring long dark nights and plenty of snow to play in during the daylight hours while you wait for darkness to fall!
Are transfers included?
A free Flybus shuttle transfer to and from the airport is included in this tour. These run in conjunction with flight times and will be located outside the arrival hall in front of the main airport exit. Your Flybus voucher can be found in your travel documents. The evening prior to your departure please let the hotel desk know your flight times ready for your transfer the following day.
Where and when does the tour end?
The tour ends on Day 5 after a final night in your Reykjavik based accommodation. The evening before departure please make the reception aware of your flight times ready for your free transfer to Keflavik Airport the following day.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Ann10th August 2018
Northern Lights & Glacier Lagoons - 5 days
- Upcoming departures
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- SundaySep 30, 2018from Reykjavik5 DaysThursdayOct 4, 2018to ReykjavikOnly 3 seats left$244$1,795-14%USD $1,551Based on Double Room
- SundayOct 7, 2018from Reykjavik5 DaysThursdayOct 11, 2018to ReykjavikOnly 3 seats left$244$1,795-14%USD $1,551Based on Double Room
- SundayOct 14, 2018from Reykjavik5 DaysThursdayOct 18, 2018to ReykjavikOnly 3 seats left$244$1,795-14%USD $1,551Based on Double Room
- SundayOct 21, 2018from Reykjavik5 DaysThursdayOct 25, 2018to Reykjavik4 seats left$244$1,795-14%USD $1,551Based on Double Room
- SundayOct 28, 2018from Reykjavik5 DaysThursdayNov 1, 2018to Reykjavik4 seats left$244$1,795-14%USD $1,551Based on Double Room
- SundayNov 4, 2018from Reykjavik5 DaysThursdayNov 8, 2018to Reykjavik4 seats left$244$1,795-14%USD $1,551Based on Double Room
- SundayNov 11, 2018from Reykjavik5 DaysThursdayNov 15, 2018to ReykjavikOnly 3 seats left$244$1,795-14%USD $1,551Based on Double Room
- SundayNov 18, 2018from Reykjavik5 DaysThursdayNov 22, 2018to ReykjavikOnly 3 seats left$244$1,795-14%USD $1,551Based on Double Room
- SundayNov 25, 2018from Reykjavik5 DaysThursdayNov 29, 2018to Reykjavik4 seats left$244$1,795-14%USD $1,551Based on Double RoomBook Now Hold my
- SundayDec 2, 2018from Reykjavik5 DaysThursdayDec 6, 2018to Reykjavik10+ seats left$244$1,795-14%USD $1,551Based on Double RoomInstant BookHold my
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Reykjavik.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request On The Go Tours to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $400 to confirm this On The Go Tours booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 24 November 2018 the full payment of $1,551 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1551 for Northern Lights & Glacier Lagoons - 5 days, but the deposit of $400 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for On The Go Tours : Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Reykjavik (Iceland)
- 80 km
- Hella (Iceland)
- 206 km
- Jokulsarlon (Iceland)
- 81 km
- Vatnajokull National Park (Iceland)
- 165 km
- Vik (Iceland)
- 38 km
- Eyjafjallajokull (Iceland)
- 19 km
- Seljalandsfoss (Iceland)
- 110 km
- Reykjavik (Iceland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,551 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,810 tours in Europe
- covered by 255 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date.
- 5 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Northern Lights & Glacier Lagoons - 5 days