Northern Lights in Style - 6 Days
- Our saving
- US $ 5,395
- Learn about the history of Icelandic cheese
- Visit Gullfoss - “the golden falls“
- Watch out for Nothern Lights
- Stop at the 3000 year old explosion crater called Kerid
- See unusual geological features Reykanes Peninsula
- Age range
- 18 to 70 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural, Adventure, Northern Lights, Discovery
- On The Go Tours
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Reykjavik
- Day 2: City, Cheese & Lights
- Day 3: Waterfalls & Craters
- Day 4: Eyjafjallajökull & Falls
- Day 5: Blue Lagoon
- Day 6: Reykjavik
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Rather Poor
- CCarolBlackWritten on November 26, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
First of all, I’d like to commend Sarah Bansgrove, who booked the tour for us. She very cheerfully and diligently worked with me through a difficult time to reschedule everything from our intended March date to the November date. Both the Tour and our Guide... Read more
- RMRuthWritten on March 24, 20184.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Everything was great!
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
When is the best time of the year to take this tour?
This tour only runs at optimal times during the year to ensure that the skies are dark enough to see the lights to their full effect. The sighting is heavily dependent on the cloud cover and the activity of the Aurora. This is often down to chance, and all of the tour dates offer an equal chance of a sighting.
September and October are the months we would recommend to anybody who prefers to avoid the extreme cold of an Arctic winter. November and December are very much a time of change in the Arctic and heralds the arrival of the first major snows of the winter. The snow does bring quite a bit of cloud cover but the shorter days also bring darker skies which increases the amount of time during which the Aurora might be visible. January to March are probably the three most popular months for Aurora hunting because they bring long dark nights and plenty of snow to play in during the daylight hours while you wait for darkness to fall!
What hotels do you use for the "Northern Lights in Style" Tour?
The hotels listed below are ones which On The Go frequently use on this tour. Please note that On The Go reserve the right to substitute these hotels to ones of a similar standard when necessary.
- Icelandair Hotel Marina, Reykjavik
- Hotel Grimsborgir, Grimsborgir
- Northern Light Inn, Grindavik
Are the Northern Lights guaranteed on this trip?
Northern Lights (called the Aurora Borealis) is a naturally occurring phenomenon. The appearance of the Northern Lights is notoriously difficult to predict any further in advance than about two hours before it happens. Therefore, it is important to understand that the tour operator won’t be able to guarantee perfect weather conditions while on the tour. That being said, the length of this tour means there will be numerous opportunities to see the Northern Lights and a sighting is likely!
Aside from the Northern Lights, this tour includes many other unforgettable once in a lifetime experiences. You will have the chance to explore Icelandic capital Reykjavik, stand by the mighty Skogafoss waterfall and bathe in the famous geothermal Blue Lagoon. It's sure to be an amazing trip!
- Main Page Video
- Iceland: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Western Europe Travel Guide
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Brandon14th June 2019
Northern Lights in Style - 6 Days
- SundayOct 6, 2019from Reykjavik6 DaysFridayOct 11, 2019to Reykjavik9 seats left$135USD $5,395Based on Double Room
- SundayOct 20, 2019from Reykjavik6 DaysFridayOct 25, 2019to Reykjavik9 seats left$135USD $5,395Based on Double Room
- SundayNov 3, 2019from Reykjavik6 DaysFridayNov 8, 2019to Reykjavik8 seats left$135USD $5,395Based on Double Room
- SundayNov 17, 2019from Reykjavik6 DaysFridayNov 22, 2019to Reykjavik9 seats left$135USD $5,395Based on Double Room
- SundayJan 12, 2020from Reykjavik6 DaysFridayJan 17, 2020to Reykjavik9 seats left$135USD $5,395Based on Double Room
- SundayJan 26, 2020from Reykjavik6 DaysFridayJan 31, 2020to Reykjavik10+ seats left$135USD $5,395Based on Double Room
- SundayFeb 9, 2020from Reykjavik6 DaysFridayFeb 14, 2020to Reykjavik9 seats left$135USD $5,395Based on Double Room
- SundayFeb 23, 2020from Reykjavik6 DaysFridayFeb 28, 2020to Reykjavik8 seats left$135USD $5,395Based on Double Room
- SundayMar 8, 2020from Reykjavik6 DaysFridayMar 13, 2020to Reykjavik7 seats left$135USD $5,395Based on Double Room
- SundayMar 22, 2020from Reykjavik6 DaysFridayMar 27, 2020to Reykjavik10+ seats left$135USD $5,395Based on Double Room
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Reykjavik.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request On The Go Tours to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- For any tour departing before 28 October 2019 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 28 October 2019, a minimum payment of $400 is required to confirm your booking with On The Go Tours. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 65 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of On The Go Tours. Please familiarise yourself with the On The Go Tours payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for On The Go Tours : Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Reykjavik (Iceland)
- 40 km
- Thingvellir (Iceland)
- 37 km
- Geysir (Iceland)
- 51 km
- Hveragerdi (Iceland)
- 88 km
- Eyjafjallajokull (Iceland)
- 142 km
- Grindavik (Iceland)
- 42 km
- Reykjavik (Iceland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $5,395 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 12,032 tours in Europe
- covered by 571 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date.
- 2 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Northern Lights in Style - 6 Days