Island Suntanner (ex. Cairns)
- Our saving
- US $ 2,009
- +9 Destinations
- Australia East Coast
- Age range
- 18 to 39 year olds
- Hotel, Berth / Cabin, Lodge
- Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- CCaitlin-RoseWritten on May 2, 20165.0 - ExcellentThe trip was great. Both Megan, our team leader and Squatter, our driver were excellent fun. Both added to the trip and made sure we had an amazing time. :)Show detailed ratings
- JudeWritten on April 6, 20165.0 - ExcellentJust finsihed this tour 5 days ago. had the best time doing it. Its literally a whistle stop tour of the East Coast showing off all the highlights down the coast in as many places as possible. the accommmodation standard and food quality was excellent and the included tours and excursions were very good value for money. As were the optional extras. I would highly reccommend booking the great barrier reef trip...dont worry if your not a great swimmer, i am rubbish but still managed to go snorkelling!! i also skydived in byron bay which was amazing. both of these are optional extras at addditional cost but excellent value for money. Alan the tour guide and Matty the driver were fantastic. Both were very knowledgeable in the tours and always professional. They were also very good fun and liked to mingle with the group during group activities and nights out. They certainley made the trip the experience that it was. it is very much a whistlestop tour and you are rarely in the same place for more than a day/night. This can be exhausting, however, it was definately great value for money as when in each place we were shown main attractions and highlights before being left to explore. If you want a lot of time in each place then this tour may not be for you. However, if like myself you are on a limited time scale and want to see as much as possible, as well as all the most recommended and some of the lesser known but amazing places the east coast has to offer, then this is definately recommended. I booked this tour last minute and was terrified before going as i had never done anything like this before. I met some amazing people on this tour, some of whom have gone on to become great friends. The time you spend with theses people is so intense, you are together 24 hours a day for 14 days and having a great tour group makes a massive difference. 95% of the people travelling on this tour were travelling alone which made me feel more at ease as we were all in the same situation. The group activities and dinners helped everyone to mingle and get to know each other and the whole tour was well planned out and executed. I think whenever i am travelling from now on I will definately be looking to book topdeck tours whenever possible. Amazing tour!! 5 stars!!Show detailed ratingsTopdeck commented on this reviewThanks Jude, great to see you enjoyed your Island Suntanner trip with our crew Alan and Matty. The guys work very hard to ensure each and every passenger gets to experience what Australia has to offer. Remember to pick up your 5% past passenger discount and use this on the next trip with us! ~ Topdeck.
- AAnonymousWritten on July 15, 2011Show detailed ratings4.5 - Excellent
- AAnonymousWritten on July 15, 20114.5 - Excellentover all the trip was brilliant, great guides, very helpful. Loved every minute thank you xxxShow detailed ratings
- NadineWritten on June 8, 20115.0 - ExcellentI went on the Grand Aussie Reverse. It was my best experience ever of Australia with an amazing team throughout the whole journey. Starting in Darwin with Rach, Nat and Tara, travelling down to Alice Springs with AMAZING food (seriously good!!) brilliant knowledge of the area and culture, and an awesome bunch of people to experience it with. Arriving with the next part of the tour in Cairns was Kate, Ben, Tara and again another bunch of travellers ready to explore Australia. Every place we went to never failed to amaze me, i was so impressed by everything. The team were so passionate about each place we went to as well and always suggested things to do or where to have an amazing lunch. Much fun! I would highly recommend this trip, its the best way to see Australia!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Cairns
- Day 2: Cairns
- Day 3: Cairns to Magnetic Island
- Day 4: Magnetic Island to Whitsunday Sailing
- Day 5: Whitsunday Sailing to Airlie Beach
- Day 6: Airlie Beach to Emu Park
- Day 7: Emu Park to Myella Farm
- Day 8: Myella Farm to Fraser Island
- Day 9: Fraser Island
- Day 10: Fraser Island to Gold Coast
- Day 11: Gold Coast to Byron Bay
- Day 12: Byron Bay
- Day 13: Byron Bay to Crescent Head
- Day 14: Crescent Head to Sydney
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- February 20, 2016
Tour name is Island Suntanner (ex Cairns), but does this mean Cairns is excluded?
What the (ex Cairns) refers to, is not 'excluding', but 'exiting' or leaving from Cairns, as this tour (and many others) is also available in reverse.
- January 1, 2016
Is the airfare included on this trip?
TourRadar specializes in giving you the best tours from around the world, however the tours we offer do not include airfare and we do not book or advise on airfare. You will be responsible for booking your flights to meet with the group at the starting city. We do not recommend booking airfare before confirming your tour. A good website to search for great prices would be kayak.com and/or skyscanner.com.
- January 1, 2016
Is the displayed price for each person or is divided for both?
The tour price displayed is per traveller.
Guides who have led this tour
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Paul31st August 2017
Island Suntanner (ex. Cairns)
- Upcoming departures
- October 2017
- November 2017
- December 2017
- January 2018
- February 2018
- March 2018
- SundayOct 22, 2017from CairnsSaturdayNov 4, 2017in SydneyOur saving$281Price$2,290-12%USD $2,009Based on Multi-Share10+ spaces left
- SundayOct 29, 2017from CairnsSaturdayNov 11, 2017in SydneyOur saving$281Price$2,290-12%USD $2,009Based on Multi-Share9 spaces left
- ThursdayNov 9, 2017from CairnsWednesdayNov 22, 2017in SydneyOur saving$57PriceUSD $2,233Based on Multi-Share0 spaces left
- SundayNov 19, 2017from CairnsSaturdayDec 2, 2017in SydneyOur saving$281Price$2,290-12%USD $2,009Based on Multi-Share10+ spaces left
- SundayNov 26, 2017from CairnsSaturdayDec 9, 2017in SydneyOur saving$281Price$2,290-12%USD $2,009Based on Multi-Share10+ spaces left
- ThursdayDec 7, 2017from CairnsWednesdayDec 20, 2017in SydneyOur saving$57PriceUSD $2,233Based on Multi-Share0 spaces left
- SundayDec 17, 2017from CairnsSaturdayDec 30, 2017in SydneyOur saving$281Price$2,290-12%USD $2,009Based on Multi-ShareOnly 3 spaces leftBook Now Hold my
- ThursdayDec 21, 2017from CairnsWednesdayJan 3, 2018in SydneyOur saving$57PriceUSD $2,233Based on Multi-Share0 spaces left
- SundayDec 24, 2017from CairnsSaturdayJan 6, 2018in SydneyOur saving$281Price$2,290-12%USD $2,009Based on Multi-ShareOnly 3 spaces leftBook Now Hold my
- SundayJan 14, 2018from CairnsSaturdayJan 27, 2018in SydneyOur saving$281Price$2,290-12%USD $2,009Based on Multi-Share10+ spaces leftInstant BookHold my
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Australia. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Australia. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Cairns is the starting point and Sydney is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Topdeck to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Topdeck booking. The remaining balance is then payable 47 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 4 December 2017 the full payment of $2,009 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2009 for Island Suntanner (ex. Cairns), but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Topdeck tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Cairns (Australia)
- 500 km
- Whitsunday Islands (Australia)
- 15 km
- Daydream Island (Australia)
- 393 km
- Emu Park (Australia)
- 326 km
- Fraser Island (Australia)
- 293 km
- Gold Coast (Australia)
- 26 km
- Springbrook (Australia)
- 61 km
- Byron Bay (Australia)
- 290 km
- Crescent Head (Australia)
- 253 km
- Hunter Valley (Australia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,009 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 864 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 50 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date.
- 80 travellers have already met
before they left for Island Suntanner (ex. Cairns) tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 3 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Island Suntanner (ex. Cairns)