Island Suntanner (ex. Sydney) (from Sydney to Cairns)
- Our saving
- US $ 2,399
- +10 Destinations
- Australia East Coast
- Enjoy sailing trip in the Whitsunday Islands
- Take a surf lesson at the Crescent Head
- Explore the world’s largest sand island
- Relax at the white sands of Airlie Beach
- Age range
- 18 to 39 year olds
- Hotel, Berth / Cabin, Lodge, Motel
- Coach / Bus, Ship
- Rather Poor
- RIRachelWritten on February 2, 20183.5 - GoodThe trip was overall good. Our tour guide and bus driver were great. I think the extra activities they help you plan could be better organized and planned further ahead so opportunities aren’t missed and I definitely wish there were more extra activities provided or suggested. I’m more of an action person and this was a little more laid back for me. The only thing I really didn’t like about this tour was the company. Out of all the tours I’ve been on Topdeck is definitely the least helpful and least personal I’ve ever experienced. I had read reviews and even heard from people on my trip that they had tried to contact them several times and never got a response. For me, I booked through TourRadar since it gave me a little more of a discount and because of this they wanted nothing to do with me. I messaged them on Facebook and asked the most simple of questions, even simple yes or no questions they refused to answer because I booked through tour radar. They would just respond saying ‘sorry but you booked with TourRadar so youre going to have to ask them’. I thought maybe I just got a rude person that time but nope. I asked three more questions and they all said the same thing. Extremely rude. After I was super nervous about going to the other side of the world with such an unhelpful company but all went as planned. Wouldn’t really recommend them thoShow detailed ratings
- LZLisaWritten on December 27, 20174.5 - ExcellentThe trip was amazing, every day was fun filled with many fun things to look forward too! The driving was split up really nice, and there is something for everyone to enjoy!Show detailed ratings
- KJKirandeepWritten on March 18, 20174.5 - ExcellentI've been on a couple of Topdeck tours and Anthony is the best tour guide I've had. His knowledge of the country is insane! Always a positive character, willing to help, approachable and generally very good at his job.Show detailed ratingsTopdeck commented on this reviewHi Kirandeep, We are sorry to hear that some of the accommodation options on this trip did not meet your expectations. We would love to hear from you and identify the accommodation properties you were not happy with. Feel free to contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org who will be able to assist you further. Many Thanks Team Topdeck
- GGoranWritten on February 28, 20175.0 - ExcellentI really enjoyed the trip up the east coast, it was really well organised and a good mix of planned activities and free time, my highlights of the trip were chilling out in Byron bay, swimming in Lake Mackenzi on Fraser island, the Whitsundays (i.e. sailing, snorkeling and Whitehaven beach) and the scuba diving in Cairns. A huge thank you to all the wonderful people i meet and travelled with on the east coat trip and to the Topdeck crew, including Anthony and his entourage (Blake, Matt & Leigh) for making the trip so much fun.Show detailed ratings
- NBNataliWritten on February 27, 20174.0 - GoodAmazing guide! Bra history knowledge and so caring and funny! A great trip with different experiences! We had the time of our lives!Show detailed ratings
- SLStephanieWritten on February 26, 20174.5 - ExcellentI had the best time on my Topdeck tour from Sydney to Cairns. Everything was so well organized, our tour guide was amazing and I met great people from all over the world. Especially for me as a single traveller this was the perfect fit. The tour is really good value all in all and I would highly recommend it to anyone who wants to experience the east coast of Australia and time is limited.Show detailed ratings
- AAlexisWritten on February 15, 20174.0 - GoodThe trip was extremely well planned and organised! I had an amazing time and felt like I got great value for my money! The tour leader and group was great, and I loved that we had the perfect mix of planned activity and free time!Show detailed ratings
- JHJoshWritten on February 6, 20174.0 - GoodThe Island Suntanner - Sydney to Cairns 01/01/17 Not really quite sure where to start, I do not think we could have had a better time if we tried. I can't help but feel so lucky to have experienced this great trip made, simply made 100 times much better by the people we were with! Firstly I could not have wished for a better bunch of people to have experienced this with, we have truly made some life long friends and are already looking into meeting up with people off the trip! The top deck crew - AnthonyDi Donato and Matt McKerrow are an absolute credit to Topdeck, there was nothing these guys couldn't sort out. The extra mile they went for us was over-whelming. I couldn't have asked for a better team to look after us. Anthony really looked after my girlfriend and I when wanting to upgrade rooms, pretty much getting us our own room every night, made us feel welcome and really encouraged people to get to know each other/not letting anyone feel left out! Anthony has made this a very memorable and could not have imagined my trip with out him, i don't think we would have had a better time without him. I really can't tell Topdeck enough how lucky they are as a company to have an employee like Anthony, I would definitely recommend this trip and encourage them to use Topdeck! The two weeks were jam packed, even the longest bus journey wasn't too bad! I would 100% be looking into booking another Topdeck tour in the near future. We love you Ant!Show detailed ratings
- MeganWritten on February 2, 20174.5 - ExcellentThis trip was amazing. Anthony was totally hilarious and super knowledgeable. I learned so much about so many different aspects of Australia. He made the bus rides very entertaining. Even the super long days of just traveling were some of my favorites, just getting to see the Big Banana, the Big Mango, the Big Crab, everything! I had no idea and really had fun with this whole aspect of Australia's big things. There were so many activities for everyone to do and there was no obligation to do any single one. On the first day, I was a little hesitant about our accommodation at Surfaris, however, the accommodations got better and better. Surfaris ended up being one of my favorites just because I actually did learn to surf, even though I was beyond terrified! One of my favorite parts. Would definitely do it all over again. :)Show detailed ratings
- FFlorentinaWritten on December 19, 20164.0 - GoodIt was my first trip I've ever joined and I was impressed! We had a lot of fun and it was great with Anthony! The only not so good thing was the coachShow detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Sydney to Crescent Head
- Day 2: Crescent Head to Byron Bay
- Day 3: Byron Bay
- Day 4: Byron Bay to Brisbane
- Day 5: Brisbane to Fraser Island
- Day 6: Fraser Island
- Day 7: Fraser Island to Myella Farm
- Day 8: Myella Farm
- Day 9: Myella Farm to Airlie Beach
- Day 10: Airlie Beach
- Day 11: Airlie Beach to Magnetic Island
- Day 12: Magnetic Island to Cairns
- Day 13: Cairns
- Day 14: Cairns
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Australia: See Australia with Topdeck
- Ultimate Australian Adventure - Topdeck Travel
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- December 1, 2016
Do you have some tours from Sydney to Gold Coast & Melbourne that go for a total of 6-7 days only?
Unfortunately, we don't have any shorter tours that cover all 3 cities, but we do have some great options for 6-7 day tours in Australia.
Get in contact with us and our customer support team will work on pairing you with the perfect adventure.
- September 1, 2016
Does this price include airfare?
We specialise in giving you the best tours from around the world, however the tours we offer do not include airfare and we do not book or advise on airfare. You will be responsible for booking your flights to meet with the group at the starting city. We do not recommend booking airfare before confirming your tour.
- August 1, 2016
Topdeck has a multi trip booking discount for 3 or more do I still just book the tours individually ?
We will definitely apply it once you submit the third booking. We do honour all tour operator's discounts.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Robert19th January 2018
Island Suntanner (ex. Sydney) (from Sydney to Cairns)
- Upcoming departures
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- SundayApr 29, 2018from Sydney14 DaysSaturdayMay 12, 2018to CairnsOnly 3 seats leftOnly 3 days left toSave $100USD $2,399Based on Multi-Share
- SundayMay 27, 2018from Sydney14 DaysSaturdayJun 9, 2018to Cairns10+ seats leftOnly 3 days left toSave $100USD $2,399Based on Multi-Share
- SundayJun 24, 2018from Sydney14 DaysSaturdayJul 7, 2018to Cairns10+ seats leftOnly 3 days left toSave $100USD $2,399Based on Multi-Share
- SundayJul 1, 2018from Sydney14 DaysSaturdayJul 14, 2018to Cairns10+ seats leftOnly 3 days left toSave $100USD $2,399Based on Multi-Share
- SundayJul 22, 2018from Sydney14 DaysSaturdayAug 4, 2018to Cairns10+ seats leftOnly 3 days left toSave $100USD $2,399Based on Multi-Share
- SundayJul 29, 2018from Sydney14 DaysSaturdayAug 11, 2018to Cairns10+ seats leftOnly 3 days left toSave $100USD $2,399Based on Multi-Share
- SundayAug 19, 2018from Sydney14 DaysSaturdaySep 1, 2018to Cairns10+ seats leftOnly 3 days left toSave $100USD $2,399Based on Multi-Share
- SundayAug 26, 2018from Sydney14 DaysSaturdaySep 8, 2018to Cairns10+ seats leftOnly 3 days left toSave $100USD $2,399Based on Multi-Share
- SundaySep 16, 2018from Sydney14 DaysSaturdaySep 29, 2018to Cairns10+ seats leftOnly 3 days left toSave $100USD $2,399Based on Multi-Share
- SundaySep 23, 2018from Sydney14 DaysSaturdayOct 6, 2018to Cairns10+ seats leftOnly 3 days left toSave $100USD $2,399Based on Multi-Share
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Australia. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Australia. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Sydney is the starting point and Cairns is the endpoint.
- Max group size
- 36 is the maximum group size for Island Suntanner (ex. Sydney) (from Sydney to Cairns).
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Topdeck to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Topdeck booking. The remaining balance is then payable 47 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 10 June 2018 the full payment of $2,399 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2399 for Island Suntanner (ex. Sydney) (from Sydney to Cairns), but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Topdeck tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Sydney (Australia)
- 162 km
- Hunter Valley (Australia)
- 253 km
- Crescent Head (Australia)
- 290 km
- Byron Bay (Australia)
- 61 km
- Springbrook (Australia)
- 26 km
- Gold Coast (Australia)
- 71 km
- Brisbane (Australia)
- 231 km
- Fraser Island (Australia)
- 326 km
- Emu Park (Australia)
- 385 km
- Whitsunday Islands (Australia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,399 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 800 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 53 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date.
- 21 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Island Suntanner (ex. Sydney) (from Sydney to Cairns)