Island Suntanner (ex. Sydney)
- Our saving
- US $ 1,874
- +10 Destinations
- Australia East Coast
- Rather Poor
- KSKariWritten on September 14, 20183.0 - AverageI emailed Topdeck shortly after the trip- the trip was horribly disappointing (and got a generic response that in my mind was the equivalent of we don't care). Before I get into the guide, I will say that if you do this trip, book your Barrier Reef trip in Cairns with another provider- other operators had a lower price and higher quality experience (and even in high season there is always availability). ... now onto various issue including a long one about the guide: 1. The guide Shantel treated the trip like it was her own personal vacation and travelers were but an annoyance (aside from ones that would drink and smoke with her at night). Asking questions that were reasonable were met with eye rolls and uninformed answers (despite the fact that she said she has been working for the company for many years; I'm not the kind of person to ask a million questions either, only a couple the whole trip). ... also the schedule wasn't always accurate (eg one of the days i was meeting a friend at one of the stops and asked if the schedule- weather/traffic permitting- was accurate. Was told yes. It was horribly inaccurate- we were hours off (late) from the schedule and the weather and traffic had been perfect) .... her behaviour was also quite inappropriate saying things like, "I'm glad I'm not in charge today," or "I can finally be myself" on a day when we were going on the sailing portion of the trip- then she acted like she had no knowledge of anything or any authority (I'm a pretty independent traveler and have done a lot of solo traveling around the world before -without tour companies-, but I also understand things about group travel like not just wandering away- I asked her on the boat trip when we did an island stop if it was cool for me to get a 5 minute head start on everyone heading back to the pick up beach as I walked slower than most everyone else and have a blood condition- that I informed her and the company of- that makes keeping up a bit difficult on inclines; she responded with "I'm not f***ing in charge today. I don't know." LIKE LITERALLY WTF.). ... She also complained several times to passengers about things like getting bitten while lying on the beach, etc... and on the first day of the trip, while waiting in the lobby at the pick up point, she completely ignored me, like who else is waiting in the lobby early in the morning with luggage? I had to approach her and tell her my info.. also after she said a couple of us could use the facilities before we left, when we came back to the lobby (less than 5 minutes later), she and everyone else had disappeared- leaving a handful of us completely confused (the hostel meeting point has a plethora of exits in different directions- she did not say they were going to head to the bus or where it was- we hunted around, thinking the bus had left without us, and found it- luckily). I would also say she didn't really give as much info as would be expected from a Topdeck guide. Just a few facts here and there- and sometimes facts that were very WRONG... and forced passengers to watch movies SHE wanted to watch- she would give a few options, take a vote, then completely disregard what people had requested (e.g. we have to watch point break, or I hate finding dory, we can watch finding nemo instead, if there's time we can watch the stupid dory one- again literally WTF)... she also didn't give passengers things that are expected and standard at Topdeck like her phone number (for emergencies) and her room number (again in case of emergency only) at each spot. ... there was also an incident where some of the passengers were smoking in the accommodation (I have an allergy in addition to it being illegal/against the rules of the property)- I informed the accommodation and they moved me immediately and there was no further follow up from Topdeck. I don't fault Topdeck for the actions of the passengers, but I do fault them for not following up on something so major (I've worked for a couple of travel companies, and there would definitely be follow up on our end of apologizing and providing something extra- whether swag, partial refund, upgrade, etc). ... there was also an issue at another accommodation where the sheets appeared not to have been changed, on my way to the office, I saw her and informed her of the problem- she just scoffed and said it wasn't her problem and to tell the office- as I recall from topdeck in the past, they tend to want to be privy of issues and to handle them with the operators that they have selected themselves.... IDK if this is a difference in continents or what... anyhow while there were other issues with Shantel, I think I've left enough about her already . ... BUT SERIOUSLY LOL that her last name is petty LOL 2. the driver- Lee (Leigh?), while amazing at driving, lacked other skills. He ruined my suitcase (no compensation from topdeck) and complained about a group of girls wanting to use the bathroom- rather than let them take a number 1 on the bus, he decided to pull over and then ******bitch****** (screaming) with Shantel about it (in front of the passengers still on the bus)- the toilet is there for usage, but they never seemed to want to let anyone use it and then would tantrum about having to pull over to dump people off at a toilet somewhere (I believe we only pulled over once or twice to let people off and a couple of times 2 girls used the on board toilet)... just strange. 3. the accomodation- any time we were in a nicer accommodation, we left at the crack of dawn, with no time to enjoy it really (or have a little of a lie in in the most comfortable beds on the trip). Also the best place we stayed at, Shantel claimed they were removing it after 2017. One of the places with an included dinner had under cooked meat for some people - not me- and I had an allergic reaction and rather than mediating, shantel disappeared and later said, "well they said they didn't cook your food with stuff you're allergic to, so I don't know what to tell you."... you don't just get an allergic reaction b/c ... One of the cooks had also admitted to the cross contamination and the manager quickly shut her down- I believe the cook and my reaction- the manager tried to claim that I mentally caused the reaction and that there had been no cross contamination... again, nothing at all offered by Topdeck- again, having worked in travel, I know the standard would be to offer another meal gratis (I had literally had 4 bites of the meal)- regardless of who was right... 4. there were other issues, but this is turning into a novel. As a whole, it was definitely not worth it. Try using Greyhound instead (unless you're a big drinker/smoker) Another girl on the trip that was Australian was also very put off by Shantel and thought the trip was horrible and didn't meet topdeck standards from other trips she had taken with the company. She was embarrassed Shantel was representing her country as a guide.Show detailed ratings
- RIRachelWritten on July 20, 20185.0 - ExcellentIt was a good time, great accommodationsShow detailed ratings
- RIRachelWritten on July 20, 20185.0 - ExcellentIt was fun, had a great groupShow detailed ratings
- HSHeatherWritten on July 7, 20184.5 - ExcellentSO GOOD really loved everything, surf camp stop felt a bit forced into the ininery but there isnt much else between byron and sydeny so im not sure what else you could fill it with. Byron accomodation was awesome! The BRisbasne ibis was also really nice. The farm stay was super cool and everyone there was so nice. .it was one of the highlights for sure.Show detailed ratings
- RIRachelWritten on February 2, 20183.5 - GoodThe trip was overall good. Our tour guide and bus driver were great. I think the extra activities they help you plan could be better organized and planned further ahead so opportunities aren’t missed and I definitely wish there were more extra activities provided or suggested. I’m more of an action person and this was a little more laid back for me. The only thing I really didn’t like about this tour was the company. Out of all the tours I’ve been on Topdeck is definitely the least helpful and least personal I’ve ever experienced. I had read reviews and even heard from people on my trip that they had tried to contact them several times and never got a response. For me, I booked through TourRadar since it gave me a little more of a discount and because of this they wanted nothing to do with me. I messaged them on Facebook and asked the most simple of questions, even simple yes or no questions they refused to answer because I booked through tour radar. They would just respond saying ‘sorry but you booked with TourRadar so youre going to have to ask them’. I thought maybe I just got a rude person that time but nope. I asked three more questions and they all said the same thing. Extremely rude. After I was super nervous about going to the other side of the world with such an unhelpful company but all went as planned. Wouldn’t really recommend them thoShow detailed ratings
- LZLisaWritten on December 27, 20174.5 - ExcellentThe trip was amazing, every day was fun filled with many fun things to look forward too! The driving was split up really nice, and there is something for everyone to enjoy!Show detailed ratings
- KJKirandeepWritten on March 18, 20174.5 - ExcellentI've been on a couple of Topdeck tours and Anthony is the best tour guide I've had. His knowledge of the country is insane! Always a positive character, willing to help, approachable and generally very good at his job.Show detailed ratingsTopdeck commented on this reviewHi Kirandeep, We are sorry to hear that some of the accommodation options on this trip did not meet your expectations. We would love to hear from you and identify the accommodation properties you were not happy with. Feel free to contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org who will be able to assist you further. Many Thanks Team Topdeck
- GGoranWritten on February 28, 20175.0 - ExcellentI really enjoyed the trip up the east coast, it was really well organised and a good mix of planned activities and free time, my highlights of the trip were chilling out in Byron bay, swimming in Lake Mackenzi on Fraser island, the Whitsundays (i.e. sailing, snorkeling and Whitehaven beach) and the scuba diving in Cairns. A huge thank you to all the wonderful people i meet and travelled with on the east coat trip and to the Topdeck crew, including Anthony and his entourage (Blake, Matt & Leigh) for making the trip so much fun.Show detailed ratings
- NBNataliWritten on February 27, 20174.0 - GoodAmazing guide! Bra history knowledge and so caring and funny! A great trip with different experiences! We had the time of our lives!Show detailed ratings
- SLStephanieWritten on February 26, 20174.5 - ExcellentI had the best time on my Topdeck tour from Sydney to Cairns. Everything was so well organized, our tour guide was amazing and I met great people from all over the world. Especially for me as a single traveller this was the perfect fit. The tour is really good value all in all and I would highly recommend it to anyone who wants to experience the east coast of Australia and time is limited.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Sydney to Crescent Head
- Day 2: Crescent Head to Byron Bay
- Day 3: Byron Bay
- Day 4: Byron Bay to Brisbane
- Day 5: Brisbane to Fraser Island
- Day 6: Fraser Island
- Day 7: Fraser Island to Myella Farm
- Day 8: Myella Farm
- Day 9: Myella Farm to Airlie Beach
- Day 10: Airlie Beach
- Day 11: Airlie Beach to Magnetic Island
- Day 12: Magnetic Island to Cairns
- Day 13: Cairns
- Day 14: Cairns
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Australia: See Australia with Topdeck
- Ultimate Australian Adventure - Topdeck Travel
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Do you have some tours from Sydney to Gold Coast & Melbourne that go for a total of 6-7 days only?
Unfortunately, we don't have any shorter tours that cover all 3 cities, but we do have some great options for 6-7 day tours in Australia.
Get in contact with us and our customer support team will work on pairing you with the perfect adventure.
Does this price include airfare?
We specialise in giving you the best tours from around the world, however the tours we offer do not include airfare and we do not book or advise on airfare. You will be responsible for booking your flights to meet with the group at the starting city. We do not recommend booking airfare before confirming your tour.
Topdeck has a multi trip booking discount for 3 or more do I still just book the tours individually ?
We will definitely apply it once you submit the third booking. We do honour all tour operator's discounts.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Jane7th September 2018
Island Suntanner (ex. Sydney)
- Upcoming departures
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- SundayOct 14, 2018from Sydney14 DaysSaturdayOct 27, 2018to Cairns10+ seats left$508$2,499-20%USD $1,991Based on Multi-Share
- SundayOct 21, 2018from Sydney14 DaysSaturdayNov 3, 2018to Cairns10+ seats left$508$2,499-20%USD $1,991Based on Multi-Share
- SundayNov 11, 2018from Sydney14 DaysSaturdayNov 24, 2018to Cairns4 seats left$156USD $2,343Based on Multi-ShareBook Now Hold my
- SundayNov 18, 2018from Sydney14 DaysSaturdayDec 1, 2018to Cairns10+ seats left$390$2,499-16%USD $2,108Based on Multi-ShareBook Now Hold my
- WednesdayDec 5, 2018from Sydney14 DaysTuesdayDec 18, 2018to Cairns0 seats left$156USD $2,343Based on Multi-ShareSold outSee similar tours on this date
- SundayDec 9, 2018from Sydney14 DaysSaturdayDec 22, 2018to Cairns10+ seats left$625$2,499-25%USD $1,874Based on Multi-Share
- SundayDec 16, 2018from Sydney14 DaysSaturdayDec 29, 2018to Cairns10+ seats left$508$2,499-20%USD $1,991Based on Multi-Share
- SundayJan 6, 2019from Sydney14 DaysSaturdayJan 19, 2019to Cairns10+ seats left$156USD $2,343Based on Multi-Share
- SundayJan 13, 2019from Sydney14 DaysSaturdayJan 26, 2019to Cairns10+ seats left$156USD $2,343Based on Multi-Share
- WednesdayJan 23, 2019from Sydney14 DaysTuesdayFeb 5, 2019to Cairns10+ seats left$156USD $2,343Based on Multi-Share
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Australia. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Australia. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Sydney is the starting point and Cairns is the endpoint.
- Max group size
- 36 is the maximum group size for Island Suntanner (ex. Sydney).
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Topdeck to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Topdeck booking. The remaining balance is then payable 47 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 11 November 2018 the full payment of $1,874 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1874 for Island Suntanner (ex. Sydney), but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Topdeck tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Sydney (Australia)
- 162 km
- Hunter Valley (Australia)
- 253 km
- Crescent Head (Australia)
- 290 km
- Byron Bay (Australia)
- 61 km
- Springbrook (Australia)
- 26 km
- Gold Coast (Australia)
- 71 km
- Brisbane (Australia)
- 231 km
- Fraser Island (Australia)
- 326 km
- Emu Park (Australia)
- 385 km
- Whitsunday Islands (Australia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,874 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 958 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 67 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date.
- 25 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Island Suntanner (ex. Sydney)