Ultimate Aussie (ex. Melbourne) (Melbourne, Port Campbell , Whitsundays, Whitsunday Island)
- Our saving
- US $ 4,999
- Rather Poor
- LLisaWritten on July 20, 20185.0 - ExcellentMy first time in Australia and I will definitely come back! I started this trip in April 2018 in Melbourne. It was perfect, as for the first two weeks we explored the south and the centre of Australia. Lots of hiking, nature, hidden treasures! At the beginning there was of course lots of other touris (12 Apostels, you can't avoid, I think), but as soon as we went through the outback, we often were the only ones that hiked up a mountain in the morning. Amazing!!! The last two weeks were lots of sun, water, sea, sailing, snorkeling and relaxing. A perfect mix to explore Australia's highlights in "only" one month.Show detailed ratings
- RrhianneWritten on November 13, 20174.5 - ExcellentI did the Ultimate Aussie Adventure starting Sydney finishing Melbourne for 29 days my tour was from the 8th of October and finished 5th Nov. It was an amazing month, went by so fast! The first 2 weeks was on the East Coast of Australia from Sydney to Cairns, we had Anthony as our trip Leader and BB (Big Blake) as the Bus Driver. The coach was great had Air con, usb ports in the middle of the seats to charge our electronics, wi-fi (was ok as most people was using it at the same time). accommodation was fine, my favourite hotels were the Vibe hotel in Surfers Paradise ( clean, has bathroom and balcony view) & the Mantra hotel in Airlie beach ( clean, has bathroom and the beds were super comfy). Anthony was amazing knows what he's doing, knowledgable, organised, reliable and most of all hilarious :D Our group was great we had 21 people (5 M & 16 F) then when we arrived to brisbane 1 M got off and we picked up 6 F, then we had 22 people. then when we got to Airlie beach we picked up 3 more people ( a couple and a girl) so we had 25 people and 1 girl got off at magnetic island. oh also it did rain some days, and we were lucky it cleared up sometimes, but oh well what can you do. My 3rd week was spent in the great Outback, had an internal flight which was on Top Deck, flew from Cairns (picked up with a transfer from the hostel to airport) to Alice Springs with Qantas and breakfast was included, and from the airport we had a transfer to our accommodation (Ibis Styles) which was good. I had Pete as my bus/tour leader for the week, he's nice & knowledgable. our group had around 20 something people and our bus was ok it just had air con. when we did the hikes for Uluru, kata Tjuta and kings canyon we woke up early about 5am unless your with Lisa for that week otherwise you'd wake up earlier Lol. My Last week was with Lisa as our Bus/tour guide, she was great; funny; organised. Drove from Alice Springs through South Australia and finished in Melbourne, bus was same like Pete's but Lisa's bus had reclining seats! :D and our group was great just had 12 people. and accommodation was fine. Was sad to say goodbye as we spent great time being around each other and i did awesome activities through out the whole month. money was well worth it (as there was specials on when i went to book my trip) meant to be haha :) and i shall continue travelling with Top Deck cant wait next year for my Europe trip! :D #LoyalTopDeckerShow detailed ratings
- MNMattWritten on December 16, 20165.0 - ExcellentWhat a month it was!! From start to finish it was full of highlights! An amazing time spent with an equally amazing bunch of people exploring a great country! Can't fault the Topdeck team that made this a truly memorable month!Show detailed ratings
- EHEmilyWritten on October 24, 20164.0 - GoodI wasn't on the ultimate Aussie adventure which started in Melbourne, went up to alicesprings then over to cairns, and ended in Sydney. The whole trip was amazing!!! I had the best time met loads of new people and learn a whole load of new information. It was defiently worth the price and the accommodation was good enough. The east coast part was beautiful, amazing views and accommodation. The islands were just amazing. Everyone got on and had a good laugh. Squatter and Stacey were always around for help and didn't mind helping. Had so much fun with them both and everyone else on. I will defieblty recommend topdeck especially this tour to friends and family back homeShow detailed ratings
- TETristenWritten on May 2, 20164.5 - ExcellentOne of the most amazing experiences of my life. Amazing fun events planned, good food, good friends and an absolutely amazing tour guide who always keeps things exciting and just can always put a smile on your face even through the long bus trips and early morning. Squatter made my Australian adventure one I'll never forget and I would highly recommend anyone to travel with him and to travel with TopdeckShow detailed ratings
- ChristinaWritten on October 21, 20144.0 - GoodThis tour was amazing and I would do it again anytime! Especially on the east coast we did so many things I would have never done by myself and saw so many beautiful places - it exceeded my expectations. The drivers/guides were awesome and did everything to make this a great trip.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Melbourne to Port Campbell (Great Ocean Road)
- Day 2: Port Campbell to Grampains
- Day 3: Grampians to Mt Gambier
- Day 4: Mt Gambier to Adelaide
- Day 5: Adelaide
- Day 6: Adelaide to Flinders Ranges
- Day 7: Flinders Ranges
- Day 8: Flinders Ranges to Coober Pedy
- Day 9: Coober Pedy to Alice Springs
- Day 10: Alice Springs to Uluru, Kata-Tjuta NP
- Day 11: Uluru, Kata Tjuta National Park
- Day 12: Uluru to Kings Canyon
- Day 13: Kings Canyon to Alice Springs
- Day 14: West MacDonnell Ranges Alice Springs
- Day 15: Alice Springs to Cairns
- Day 16: Cairns
- Day 17: Cairns
- Day 18: Cairns to Magnetic Island
- Day 19: Magnetic Island to Whitsundays
- Day 20: Airlie Beach
- Day 21: Whitsunday Island to Farm Stay
- Day 22: Farm Stay
- Day 23: Farm Stay to Fraser Island
- Day 24: Fraser Island
- Day 25: Fraser Island to Brisbane
- Day 26: Brisbane to Byron Bay
- Day 27: Byron Bay
- Day 28: Byron Bay to Surf Camp
- Day 29: Surf Camp to Sydney
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Australia: See Australia with Topdeck
- Ultimate Australian Adventure - Topdeck Travel
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
What is the age limit of this tour?
Topdeck has strict age restrictions of 18 to 39 years old.
Does price include the flight ?
TourRadar specializes in giving you the best tours from around the world, however the tours we offer do not include airfare and we do not book or advise on airfare. You will be responsible for booking your flights to meet with the group at the starting city. We do not recommend booking airfare before confirming your tour. A good website to search for great prices would be kayak.com and/or skyscanner.com
Are there any internal flights and if so, are they included in the price?
The internal flight on Day 13 from Alice Springs to Cairns is not included in the tour price - you have to make your own arrangements.
Guides who have led this tour
- "I love showing people around Australia and bringing alive its unique landscape and animals along with..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Geraldine5th June 2018
Ultimate Aussie (ex. Melbourne) (Melbourne, Port Campbell , Whitsundays, Whitsunday Island)
- Upcoming departures
- October 2018
- November 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- SaturdayOct 20, 2018from Melbourne29 DaysSaturdayNov 17, 2018to SydneyOnly 2 seats left$250USD $4,999Based on Multi-Share
- SaturdayNov 17, 2018from Melbourne29 DaysSaturdayDec 15, 2018to Sydney0 seats left$250USD $4,999Based on Multi-ShareSold outSee similar tours on this date
- SaturdayJan 12, 2019from Melbourne29 DaysSaturdayFeb 9, 2019to Sydney0 seats left$250USD $4,999Based on Multi-ShareSold outSee similar tours on this date
- SaturdayFeb 9, 2019from Melbourne29 DaysSaturdayMar 9, 2019to SydneyOnly 3 seats left$250USD $4,999Based on Multi-ShareBook Now Hold my
- SaturdayMar 9, 2019from Melbourne29 DaysSaturdayApr 6, 2019to Sydney10+ seats left$250USD $4,999Based on Multi-ShareInstant BookHold my
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Australia. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Australia. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Melbourne is the starting point and Sydney is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Topdeck to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Topdeck booking. The remaining balance is then payable 47 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 3 December 2018 the full payment of $4,999 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $4999 for Ultimate Aussie (ex. Melbourne) (Melbourne, Port Campbell , Whitsundays, Whitsunday Island), but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Topdeck tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Melbourne (Australia)
- 186 km
- Twelve Apostles (Australia)
- 16 km
- Port Campbell (Australia)
- 170 km
- Halls Gap (Australia)
- 10 km
- MacKenzie Falls (Australia)
- 164 km
- Mt Gambier (Australia)
- 377 km
- Adelaide (Australia)
- 118 km
- Clare Valley (Australia)
- 306 km
- Parachilna (Australia)
- 33 km
- Flinders Ranges (Australia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $4,999 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 945 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 69 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date.
- 6 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Ultimate Aussie (ex. Melbourne) (Melbourne, Port Campbell , Whitsundays, Whitsunday Island)