London to Sydney Overland Adventure Tour
- Our saving
- US $ 6,101
- JUST PAY $99 DEPOSIT TODAY
- Visit 25 countries at once
- Explore Dracula’s Castle
- Visit home of the Dalai Lamas
- Finish trip in the great city Sydney
- Age range
- 18 to 80 year olds
- Hostel, Hotel, Camping, Guesthouse, Yurt
- Max Group Size
- Overland Truck
- Travel style
- Overland Truck, Safari, Wildlife, Discovery
- Rather Poor
- DDeniseBakerWritten on September 1, 20185.0 - Excellent
Firstly, this trip is not for everyone and by no stretch of the imagination is it an easy way to travel. However having said that, if you love adventure and are capable of taking things in stride, it could turn out to be the most amazing journey of your... Read moreShow detailed ratingsMadventure commented on this reviewThanks for your review of the 2017 London to Sydney Tour Denise, much appreciated! Hope to see you on the Africa tour in the next year or two ;-) Cheers, Will
- AAnonWritten on January 9, 20182.5 - Average
I would not recommend this company to anyone, however with recent changes (new staff) it may have improved. This years trip seems to have been smoothe sailing with the new driver and guide.. too bad I didnt travel this year. I travelled in 2016 on part of... Read moreShow detailed ratingsMadventure commented on this reviewHi. I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your 2016 trip overall and I understand your frustration at missing certain countries. Unfortunately on your trip in 2016 we could not gain access into Tibet as they had introduced new laws and even though we had a permit they still refused to give us access. This had a knock-on effect which meant we could not then visit Nepal or India as the only way to get there was through Tibet. Subsequently we had to put the extra time into China, Myanmar and Southeast Asia. We do stress throughout our website that things can and will go wrong on a trip of this magnitude and unfortunately on your trip Tibet was the problem. Like you say, the 2017 trip were allowed access to Tibet so did not encounter these problems. I am sorry you had these problems in 2016, some things are simply out of our control and when a situation like that happens we have to re-route and make a viable alternative itinerary that suits the majority of the group. Regarding your crew, I am sorry to hear you did not get along with them and found them abrupt. The job of the crew can be stressful at times and they do have to deal with many issues on a daily basis as well as many different personalities aboard the truck. The crew you are referring to are actually no longer with us and the new crew are doing very well so the current trips are all running successfully. Besides the problems you encountered I am really glad to hear you made some life-long friends and loved the places and experiences along the way. I wish you happy travels in the future. Best regards, Will
- DDouglasWritten on May 11, 20171.0 - Bad
This is not a tour company , it's a con job , a scam , it has changed its name numerous times to hide killer bad reviews , they stole my money don't let them steal yours , you have been warned !Show detailed ratingsMadventure commented on this reviewIn 2015 we had to ask you to leave the trip due to your violent behaviour towards one of your fellow passengers. It was unfortunate that this incident occurred 4 months into your trip but the safety of the group comes first and in these instances we have to take the appropriate action as per our T&C's. I can understand that you are upset and have written many negative reviews about us on various platforms but in the future can you please stick to the actual facts and refrain from simply making things up as it is not a true reflection of what occurred on your tour. Best regards, William
- RFrobertWritten on January 22, 20173.0 - Average
Enough has been said by others about the different trips. However, one point I would like to make that I just found recently that would be important for future travelers. CHECK EVERYTHING THEY TELL YOU BEFORE YOU LEAVE. I was told when I signed up for the... Read moreShow detailed ratingsMadventure commented on this reviewIn 2013 relations between Iran and USA were not good, so the Iranian government were not issuing Authority Numbers to USA citizens so no Americans could apply for an Iran visa. Whether you applied in USA, Turkey or anywhere else in the world did not matter, they were not issuing Iran visas to American tourists. So that year we advised all US citizens before departure that they would not be able to visit Iran with us, so the suggestion that you did not know about the Iran visa situation prior to departure is simply not true. I am not sure why you chose not to visit Pakistan with us because that was a possibility, but many people chose not to do Pakistan with us in 2013 as they were concerned about the political situation there at the time. Since 2014 relations between USA and Iran have improved and all our American clients have obtained the Iranian visa in Turkey. We always give clear and current visa information to all our clients prior to departure and all the visa information is clearly laid out on our website. Obviously things can change when we are actually on the road but prior to departure everyone is always informed as much as possible. I am sorry you could not visit Iran with us in 2013 but it was not due to any fault of ours. No Americans could have obtained the Iran visa anywhere that year. Best regards, William
- SHSandyWritten on January 16, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
I was on the 2015 mad venture overland from London to Australia. Yes there were problems, yes there were difficult times but these are far outweighed by what the trip gave me. I have come back a wiser and I hope a better person still gobsmacked by the... Read more
- MMichaelWritten on March 5, 20165.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
This adventure and it truly is an adventure is great value for money. You will get to see some of the most amazing places and sights. We got to camp in places with some of the best scenery you will ever get to see. This adventure will bring you back to the... Read more
- ZaneWritten on January 28, 20165.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Couldn't find where to review the Alaska to Brazil trip so I've just put it here. I did the Alaska to Brazil overland expedition with Madventure and this is my personal review of the trip. It was, without a doubt the best trip of my life! Although hard work... Read more
- AmyWritten on January 12, 20164.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
What an exciting exploratory expedition I had. This was my second overland experience with this company (my first trip was from Alaska to Brazil). It is definitely not for the overly faint hearted but a very memorable part of my life story. Not only did I... Read more
- AAnonymousWritten on December 28, 20151.5 - Rather poor
Do NOT go with this company. I am writing this review anonymously as to avoid any issues with the owner Will. For the amount you pay, you'd best hope nothing goes wrong on the trip because Will almost never forks out money (your money that is) in order to... Read moreShow detailed ratingsMadventure commented on this reviewYour review seems more of a personal attack on myself, Will, rather than a review of the tour itself, so your baseless accusations and your choice to remain anonymous can only lead me to assume you are one of the people asked to leave the tour due to unacceptable violent behaviour. The auxillary batteries did die unexpectedly and Adam could not find replacement deep-cycle leisure batteries on your route so I apologise for any inconvenience this caused. You can not use a standard car battery for this purpose. I do try and make it perfectly clear on our website that things can and will go wrong on such a long overland expedition. Unfortunately this was one of them. If we could have fixed it we would have. Every year Adam, Brenda and I strive to improve the tour in every possible way and this is reflected in the route and the good standard of food & accommodation we provide. The fact that you don't even mention the sights, food & accommodation on the tour is once again a clear indication that your problem is not with the tour but rather with me personally, and most likely because I had to ask you to leave the tour. Our itinerary is clearly advertised on our website so if you wanted to go elsewhere you should not have booked this tour. Please stick to the facts when you write a review. Your slanderous accusations are misleading and are not a true representation of the tour. William
- DebbieWritten on March 4, 20155.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
When I think back to the best things of my 2009 trip, it must be the way it changes and challenges you. Iran was such a welcoming country, India is total madness on the streets and Tibet with Everest base camp, monasteries and the hugeness of it. The best... Read more
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- + PROPOSED ITINERARY
- + DAY 1 - 12, EUROPE
- + DAY 13 – 25, TURKEY
- + DAY 26 – 39, GEORGIA & ARMENIA
- + DAY 40 – 44, AZERBAIJAN
- + DAY 45 – 50, TURKMENISTAN
- + DAY 51 – 59, UZBEKISTAN
- + DAY 60 – 69, TAJIKISTAN
- + DAY 70 – 79, KYRGYZSTAN
- + DAY 80 – 83, KAZAKHSTAN
- + DAY 84 – 116, CHINA
- + DAY 117 – 127, LAOS
- + DAY 128 – 140, VIETNAM
- DAY 141 – 146, CAMBODIA
- + DAY 147 – 155, THAILAND
- + DAY 156 – 163, MALAYSIA & SINGAPORE
- + DAY 164 – 169, INDONESIA
- + DAY 170 – 183, AUSTRALIA
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
- London to Sydney 2011
- Madventure - The Truck
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Izabelle20th April 2019
London to Sydney Overland Adventure Tour
- SundayMar 22, 2020from London183 DaysSundaySep 20, 2020to Sydney10+ seats left$254USD $6,101+ $3,000 Local Payment
- SundayMar 21, 2021from London183 DaysSundaySep 19, 2021to Sydney10+ seats left$254USD $6,101+ $3,000 Local Payment
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingEngland
- EuroBelgium , Germany and Austria
- ManatAzerbaijan and Turkmenistan
- SomUzbekistan and Kyrgyzstan
- Yuan RenminbiChina
- DollarSingapore and Australia
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Germany, Austria, Hungary, Tajikistan, Kazakhstan and China. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Turkey, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, China, Laos, Vietnam, Thailand, Singapore and Indonesia. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Turkey, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, China, Laos, Vietnam, Thailand, Singapore, Indonesia and Indonesia. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Romania, Turkey, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, China, Laos, Vietnam, Thailand and Indonesia. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Romania, Bulgaria, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, China, Laos, Vietnam, Thailand and Indonesia. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Recommended for Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, China, Vietnam and Indonesia. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Recommended for Tajikistan, China, Laos, Vietnam, Thailand and Indonesia. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an area with a risk of yellow fever transmission for Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, China, Laos, Vietnam, Thailand, Singapore and Indonesia. Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Australia. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for China, Laos, Vietnam, Thailand, Singapore, Indonesia and Australia. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- London is the starting point and Sydney is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $99 to confirm this Madventure booking. The remaining balance is then payable 200 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 13 December 2019 the full payment of $6,101 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 200 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $6101 for London to Sydney Overland Adventure Tour, but the deposit of $99 is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Madventure will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Madventure tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- London (England)
- 321 km
- Brussels (Belgium)
- 586 km
- Dachau (Germany)
- 131 km
- Salzburg (Austria)
- 450 km
- Budapest (Hungary)
- 643 km
- Bucharest (Romania)
- 156 km
- Veliko Tarnovo (Bulgaria)
- 361 km
- Istanbul (Turkey)
- 205 km
- Gallipoli (Turkey)
- 281 km
- Selcuk (Turkey)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $6,101 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 12,195 tours in Europe
- covered by 532 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 200 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for London to Sydney Overland Adventure Tour via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 17 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on London to Sydney Overland Adventure Tour