London to Sydney Overland Adventure Tour
- Our saving
- US $ 6,348
+ $3,000 Local Payment
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
Debbie "When I think back to the best things of my 2009 trip, it must be the way it changes and challenges you. Iran was such a welcoming country, India is total madness on the streets and Tibet with Everest base camp, monasteries and the hugeness of it. The best nights were bush camps campfires and beers. Everyday a new experience. You do get dirty and in the middle of nowhere soap, toilet paper and a g..."
- Visit 25 countries at once
- Explore Dracula’s Castle
- Visit home of the Dalai Lamas
- Finish trip in the great city Sydney
- Age range
- 18 to 80 year olds
- Hostel, Hotel, Camping, Guesthouse, Yurt
- Max Group Size
- Overland Truck
- Travel style
- Overland truck, Safari, Wildlife, Discovery
Start in London and end in Sydney! With the overland truck tour London to Sydney Overland Adventure Tour, you have a 183 day tour package taking you through London, England and 36 other destinations. London to Sydney Overland Adventure Tour includes accommodation in a hotel, hostel and campsites as well as an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
- Rather Poor
- DDeniseBakerWritten on September 1, 20185.0 - ExcellentFirstly, this trip is not for everyone and by no stretch of the imagination is it an easy way to travel. However having said that, if you love adventure and are capable of taking things in stride, it could turn out to be the most amazing journey of your life. I took the 2017-2018 London to Sydney trip, and when my friends asked would I do it again, I didn't hesitate to answer...in a heartbeat. Extreme respect goes to our driver James who did a great job all the way, not just getting us there but also in keeping the truck in good working order. Gayle our guide had the unenviable task of keeping things running like clockwork (even if she didn't always have us all on board). Sure things went wrong, as they inevitably did but that all added to the adventure . Would I travel with Madventure again?...in a heartbeat!! Thank you for the most amazing 7 months of my life. DeniseShow detailed ratingsMadventure commented on this reviewThanks for your review of the 2017 London to Sydney Tour Denise, much appreciated! Hope to see you on the Africa tour in the next year or two ;-) Cheers, Will
- AAnonWritten on January 9, 20182.5 - AverageI would not recommend this company to anyone, however with recent changes (new staff) it may have improved. This years trip seems to have been smoothe sailing with the new driver and guide.. too bad I didnt travel this year. I travelled in 2016 on part of London to Sydney. The driver and leader were rude to passengers and were just totally over their job. They made the experience terrible for some... many passengers had saved for years and this was a once in a life time experience being ruined by the staff of the company. Many occasions the driver yelled at passengers and refused to answer any questions or provide any information Then there was all the changes to itenerary (undrstanding some might need to happen on a long trip) but multile places and countries were missed altogether with no compensation made to those who had paid for a certain leg of the tour and it not been delivered (eg some paid for Tibet Nepal and India; all of which were missed and no refunds given). Those who threatened legal action seemed to have some luck. The proposed itenerary looks great but was not delivered on. I loved the places and experiences and made some life long friends, Will the owner was also super quick at responding to emails. However the company left me with a bad experience overall.Show detailed ratingsMadventure commented on this reviewHi. I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your 2016 trip overall and I understand your frustration at missing certain countries. Unfortunately on your trip in 2016 we could not gain access into Tibet as they had introduced new laws and even though we had a permit they still refused to give us access. This had a knock-on effect which meant we could not then visit Nepal or India as the only way to get there was through Tibet. Subsequently we had to put the extra time into China, Myanmar and Southeast Asia. We do stress throughout our website that things can and will go wrong on a trip of this magnitude and unfortunately on your trip Tibet was the problem. Like you say, the 2017 trip were allowed access to Tibet so did not encounter these problems. I am sorry you had these problems in 2016, some things are simply out of our control and when a situation like that happens we have to re-route and make a viable alternative itinerary that suits the majority of the group. Regarding your crew, I am sorry to hear you did not get along with them and found them abrupt. The job of the crew can be stressful at times and they do have to deal with many issues on a daily basis as well as many different personalities aboard the truck. The crew you are referring to are actually no longer with us and the new crew are doing very well so the current trips are all running successfully. Besides the problems you encountered I am really glad to hear you made some life-long friends and loved the places and experiences along the way. I wish you happy travels in the future. Best regards, Will
- DDouglasWritten on May 11, 20171.0 - BadThis is not a tour company , it's a con job , a scam , it has changed its name numerous times to hide killer bad reviews , they stole my money don't let them steal yours , you have been warned !Show detailed ratingsMadventure commented on this reviewIn 2015 we had to ask you to leave the trip due to your violent behaviour towards one of your fellow passengers. It was unfortunate that this incident occurred 4 months into your trip but the safety of the group comes first and in these instances we have to take the appropriate action as per our T&C's. I can understand that you are upset and have written many negative reviews about us on various platforms but in the future can you please stick to the actual facts and refrain from simply making things up as it is not a true reflection of what occurred on your tour. Best regards, William
- RFrobertWritten on January 22, 20173.0 - AverageEnough has been said by others about the different trips. However, one point I would like to make that I just found recently that would be important for future travelers. CHECK EVERYTHING THEY TELL YOU BEFORE YOU LEAVE. I was told when I signed up for the UK to OZ trip that there were certain visas we had to get on our own. Fine, no problem. The instructions for the Iran visa were that as a group they would apply while in route. In our case in Turkey. When the day came we all went to the Iranian Embassy where my passport was rejected by the Iranians without review. I just checked a new trip with another group and decided it would be best to check all the visas myself and get what I could regardless of the trips statements. What I found was that as a US Citizen the Iranian Government never issues visas to people from the US. They have no formal relationship with the US and thus can not and will not issue anything. All US citizens must apply through the Pakistani Embassy in Washington DC. I could easily done this before we left for the trip. I was thus unable to go to Iran and then also to Pakistan as it was overland. Either the UK to OZ owners were ignorant of the situation which would be shameful or they chose not to know and /or lied about it. Probably all of the above it seems. In any event I have learned not to take anyone's word on anything with these trips and to arrange every important thing on my own. As for Madventure who were UK to OZ, they should care more that the instructions they provide on important issues is as complete and accurate as possible. In the end I was on my own an extended period of time and lost two very important countries in my trip not to mention the added cost of being somewhere away from the group. Beware these folks. Appears they tell you what they would like to believe. Do not trust them.Show detailed ratingsMadventure commented on this reviewIn 2013 relations between Iran and USA were not good, so the Iranian government were not issuing Authority Numbers to USA citizens so no Americans could apply for an Iran visa. Whether you applied in USA, Turkey or anywhere else in the world did not matter, they were not issuing Iran visas to American tourists. So that year we advised all US citizens before departure that they would not be able to visit Iran with us, so the suggestion that you did not know about the Iran visa situation prior to departure is simply not true. I am not sure why you chose not to visit Pakistan with us because that was a possibility, but many people chose not to do Pakistan with us in 2013 as they were concerned about the political situation there at the time. Since 2014 relations between USA and Iran have improved and all our American clients have obtained the Iranian visa in Turkey. We always give clear and current visa information to all our clients prior to departure and all the visa information is clearly laid out on our website. Obviously things can change when we are actually on the road but prior to departure everyone is always informed as much as possible. I am sorry you could not visit Iran with us in 2013 but it was not due to any fault of ours. No Americans could have obtained the Iran visa anywhere that year. Best regards, William
- SHSandyWritten on January 16, 20175.0 - ExcellentI was on the 2015 mad venture overland from London to Australia. Yes there were problems, yes there were difficult times but these are far outweighed by what the trip gave me. I have come back a wiser and I hope a better person still gobsmacked by the Amazing value for money. I had looked at other companies offering similar trips but none came close to the madventure trip. One comment I read from someone else on the same trip comments on the lack of charge for phones and internet. We were out of touch for short periods of time but surely the idea of this kind of trip is experience life in some of these countries. Perhaps in future they would be happier doing their travelling by by VR and leave the real travel for those who can cope a couple of days without the internet. So five stars to madventure and I am looking into my next trip with you soonShow detailed ratings
- MMichaelWritten on March 5, 20165.0 - ExcellentThis adventure and it truly is an adventure is great value for money. You will get to see some of the most amazing places and sights. We got to camp in places with some of the best scenery you will ever get to see. This adventure will bring you back to the basics, living a very simple lifestyle and enjoying the most simply of things all the while what life is really about. Yes, there are many challenges along the way as you cross from one side of the world to the other overland only they can be dealt with if you give of your best, stay positive and remember you really are getting a chance of a lifetime. On this adventure you can get to live the dream if you allow yourself to.Show detailed ratings
- ZaneWritten on January 28, 20165.0 - ExcellentCouldn't find where to review the Alaska to Brazil trip so I've just put it here. I did the Alaska to Brazil overland expedition with Madventure and this is my personal review of the trip. It was, without a doubt the best trip of my life! Although hard work at times (the odd long drive day and having to put up with the the trip twat that never stops complaining!) it really was an amazing experience! The good far outweighed the bad by a long shot, the camp food was awesome - really great variety, the accommodation was so much better than we expected or could have hoped for considering it was a budget trip, the truck was the best on the road and the itinerary was incredibly extensive but with a great mix of free time and drive days. I have been fortunate enough to do a lot of long overland trips in my life with most of the other overland companies out there and my trip with Madventure was the best of the lot. After saving up for the last few years I'm now booked on their next London to Sydney Expedition and am literally counting down the days! I see they are doing the Alaska to Brazil trip in 2017 for the last time so my advice would be to DO IT! Nothing compares to that trip. So cheers Madventure, can't wait to hit the road with you again next year!Show detailed ratings
- AmyWritten on January 12, 20164.5 - ExcellentWhat an exciting exploratory expedition I had. This was my second overland experience with this company (my first trip was from Alaska to Brazil). It is definitely not for the overly faint hearted but a very memorable part of my life story. Not only did I meet my ‘now’ husband on this trip but I got to see and experience some amazing places and cultures that I otherwise would not have done staying in 'western' style hotels. Not forgetting to mention making some amazing friends that we still see on a regular basis even though the trip was 6 years ago and that we are scattered all over the world. I highly recommend this company for a truly unique travel experience.Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on December 28, 20151.5 - Rather poorDo NOT go with this company. I am writing this review anonymously as to avoid any issues with the owner Will. For the amount you pay, you'd best hope nothing goes wrong on the trip because Will almost never forks out money (your money that is) in order to get things done. For example, the battery that keeps the charging points in the back of the bus working, died about 2 weeks into the 5 month trip. That left people unable to charge phones or laptops when we traveled. Sometimes we'd bush camp for days in a row with no access to any power. There were many places that had the exact battery we needed but we were told that Will said they couldn't find any. This was completely untrue as we found some ourselves, Will just didn't want to pay the £300 to have it replaced so we went without. The driver Adam and tour guide Brenda are the only reason the tour even works. For the amount you are paying I would highly suggest avoiding this company. Once Will has your money it's all about retaining as much of it as possible and all the responsibility is left the the drive and tour leader to deal with the fallout. Not to mention that most people don't even make it to the end because of the poor conditions and the treatment from Will, but by this point they have already paid for the trip in full. If you did it yourself you could potentially save thousands and stop off at all the places you want because there are many times you will drive for days and days be in the middle of nowhere the entire time, passing some of the most exciting cities in each country because it's not and effective driving route. Like I said before, do not go with this company.Show detailed ratingsMadventure commented on this reviewYour review seems more of a personal attack on myself, Will, rather than a review of the tour itself, so your baseless accusations and your choice to remain anonymous can only lead me to assume you are one of the people asked to leave the tour due to unacceptable violent behaviour. The auxillary batteries did die unexpectedly and Adam could not find replacement deep-cycle leisure batteries on your route so I apologise for any inconvenience this caused. You can not use a standard car battery for this purpose. I do try and make it perfectly clear on our website that things can and will go wrong on such a long overland expedition. Unfortunately this was one of them. If we could have fixed it we would have. Every year Adam, Brenda and I strive to improve the tour in every possible way and this is reflected in the route and the good standard of food & accommodation we provide. The fact that you don't even mention the sights, food & accommodation on the tour is once again a clear indication that your problem is not with the tour but rather with me personally, and most likely because I had to ask you to leave the tour. Our itinerary is clearly advertised on our website so if you wanted to go elsewhere you should not have booked this tour. Please stick to the facts when you write a review. Your slanderous accusations are misleading and are not a true representation of the tour. William
- DebbieWritten on March 4, 20155.0 - ExcellentWhen I think back to the best things of my 2009 trip, it must be the way it changes and challenges you. Iran was such a welcoming country, India is total madness on the streets and Tibet with Everest base camp, monasteries and the hugeness of it. The best nights were bush camps campfires and beers. Everyday a new experience. You do get dirty and in the middle of nowhere soap, toilet paper and a good head torch are your prized possessions. I loved it. I should have joined Madventure at Kathmandu for another trip through Asia in Sep 2014, became very unwell on route and forced to return to UK before starting. Will, has kindly transferred me to this year 2015 and I cant wait. Madventure is a brilliant and decent company and I thoroughly recommend them.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- + PROPOSED ITINERARY
- + DAY 1 - 12, EUROPE
- + DAY 13 – 25, TURKEY
- + DAY 26 – 39, GEORGIA & ARMENIA
- + DAY 40 – 44, AZERBAIJAN
- + DAY 45 – 50, TURKMENISTAN
- + DAY 51 – 59, UZBEKISTAN
- + DAY 60 – 69, TAJIKISTAN
- + DAY 70 – 79, KYRGYZSTAN
- + DAY 80 – 83, KAZAKHSTAN
- + DAY 84 – 116, CHINA
- + DAY 117 – 127, LAOS
- + DAY 128 – 140, VIETNAM
- DAY 141 – 146, CAMBODIA
- + DAY 147 – 155, THAILAND
- + DAY 156 – 163, MALAYSIA & SINGAPORE
- + DAY 164 – 169, INDONESIA
- + DAY 170 – 183, AUSTRALIA
Expand allDownload PDF Brochure
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
- London to Sydney 2011
- Madventure - The Truck
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Elvio18th May 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
London to Sydney Overland Adventure Tour
STARTENDSEATS LEFTSAVE NOW PRICE
- SundayMar 24, 2019from London183 DaysSundaySep 22, 2019to Sydney10+ seats left$196USD $6,348+ $3,000 Local Payment
- SundayMar 22, 2020from London183 DaysSundaySep 20, 2020to Sydney10+ seats left$196USD $6,348+ $3,000 Local Payment
- SundayMar 21, 2021from London183 DaysSundaySep 19, 2021to Sydney10+ seats left$196USD $6,348+ $3,079 Local Payment
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
- Pound sterlingEngland
- EuroBelgium , Germany and Austria
- ManatAzerbaijan and Turkmenistan
- SomUzbekistan and Kyrgyzstan
- Yuan RenminbiChina
- DollarSingapore and Australia
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Germany, Austria, Hungary, Tajikistan, Kazakhstan and China. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Turkey, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, China, Laos, Vietnam, Thailand, Singapore and Indonesia. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Turkey, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, China, Laos, Vietnam, Thailand, Singapore, Indonesia and Indonesia. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Romania, Turkey, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, China, Laos, Vietnam, Thailand and Indonesia. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Romania, Bulgaria, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, China, Laos, Vietnam, Thailand and Indonesia. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Recommended for Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, China, Vietnam and Indonesia. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Recommended for Tajikistan, China, Laos, Vietnam, Thailand and Indonesia. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an area with a risk of yellow fever transmission for Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, China, Laos, Vietnam, Thailand, Singapore and Indonesia. Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Australia. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for China, Laos, Vietnam, Thailand, Singapore, Indonesia and Australia. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- London is the starting point and Sydney is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $400 to confirm this Madventure booking. The remaining balance is then payable 200 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 3 May 2019 the full payment of $6,348 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 200 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $6348 for London to Sydney Overland Adventure Tour, but the deposit of $400 is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Madventure will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Madventure tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 26,549 km.
- London (England)
- 321 km
- Brussels (Belgium)
- 586 km
- Dachau (Germany)
- 131 km
- Salzburg (Austria)
- 450 km
- Budapest (Hungary)
- 643 km
- Bucharest (Romania)
- 156 km
- Veliko Tarnovo (Bulgaria)
- 361 km
- Istanbul (Turkey)
- 205 km
- Gallipoli (Turkey)
- 281 km
- Selcuk (Turkey)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $6,348 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,383 tours in Europe
- covered by 256 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 200 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for London to Sydney Overland Adventure Tour via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 17 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on London to Sydney Overland Adventure Tour