Best of Greece - 12 Days
- Our saving
- US $ 1,815
- +12 Destinations
- Mainland Greece
- Rather Poor
- TatjanaWritten on October 8, 20184.5 - ExcellentWe enjoyed this tour since we love mythology and history. Accomodation and meals were good We were unlucky to be stuck at Mykonos for extra day due to weather conditions and had only one day at Santorini . Our guide Filip was top of the class , he even organised bday cake for my sonShow detailed ratings
- NWNorelleWritten on October 3, 20183.5 - GoodOptions for when free time has been given. Things to see and do with good suggestions.Show detailed ratings
- SWSHARONWritten on October 2, 20184.5 - ExcellentOur Guide Filip was engaging, organized, thorough, and full of information. He absolutely made the trip that much more enjoyable for me. Our itinerary/schedule always felt 2 steps ahead of other tour groups which made the busy stops more enjoyable. I was not expecting much from accommodations, but was actually very impressed with each one. The value of this trip cannot be matched. If you do the mainland tour, you must continue in with the island part! If I’m never able to get back to Greece, I will still feel like I got a taste of everything it has to offer. Definitely a trip of a lifetime for me.Show detailed ratings
- SRSaraWritten on September 15, 20185.0 - ExcellentGreece was a wonderful place to visit A lot History and my Guide Shae was always available to us to ensure our time in Greece was one we enjoyed. Her knowledge of the local area and the mythology of Greece was great and she always tried to keep it entertaining for us. Shae is the reason I would take another expat tour again this time the best of Europ and if hope to get a guide and knowledgeable, personable and enthusiastic like Shae Show lessShow detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on September 11, 20185.0 - ExcellentEvery thing was fantastic I enjoyed my tour a lot. The only thing I want suggest is the king Leonidas of Sparta was a Westing time, nathig to see and becouse that We only visited one Monastery in Meteora, I was very disappointedShow detailed ratings
- NRNitaWritten on July 1, 20182.0 - Rather poorBe honest about the cost of the excursions. Book better hotels, have wifi on the bus, have headsets so we can hear what is being said by local guides, make sure people are safe when crossing streets, make sure warnings are given about pickpockets, improve everything about this trip.Show detailed ratings
- manishWritten on May 26, 20183.0 - AverageThe accommodation and included meals were notnof good quality. Moreover, it seems like wasted money in the islands as accommodation in Santorini was very bad plus there were no included activitires at all. Everything including transportation had to be paid extra so it wasn’t worth going on the island tour at allShow detailed ratings
- HHollyWritten on February 8, 20185.0 - ExcellentThe expat Greece tour was such a great experience, however, I believe this was down to our guide Rose, nothing was ever too much for her, she loves the country and it definitely showed. I loved to story times and all the interesting facts she shared with us, felt like I learnt something new everyday.Show detailed ratings
- LlorenaWritten on January 28, 20184.5 - ExcellentWow, Best of Greece. This was our forth of five Expat Explore Tours and I must say, it had been our best with Expat Explore thus far. We had 12 days of sun, fun and laughter with our very informative, helpful, funny, and friendly tour leader Rose Brown. (In my sixties, I kind of walk slowly and she kindly kept pace with me.) Even with our tour companions, I feel like this was the best group we've had. Everybody became friends with everyone, thanks to Rose paving the way. If you want an in depth tour of Greece, the Best of Greece is right up your alley and hopefully you get to have Rose Brown for your tour leader, a gem among tour leaders in Expat Explore. Cheers and happy touring. God bless....Show detailed ratings
- TTonyWritten on January 9, 20184.0 - GoodI took this tour from September 24th-October 5th 2017. I have been on other group guided tours so I was familiar with what to expect but I my expectations were far exceeded when the tour was over. The accommodation was as I would expect for a value based tour but we weren't in our accommodation too much to really notice as there was always something to see or do. The locations that we visited were all the main highlights of Greece and we certainly covered more ground on the tour than I would have had I gone on my own or tried to plan this myself so the itinerary was great (esp for a value tour). The drivers we had always got us to our destination on time and safely (not an easy feat on some Greek roads). Our tour guide Rose Brown was simply amazing! She made great efforts to get all of us on the tour to become a family and the friends I made on the tour have been great and I still keep in touch with them, which isn't something I would normally do as a more introverted person. She was energetic and lively and always open and available for queries or any issues we might have had. We were never stuck for good and reasonable food recommendations (food is just as important to me as the culture of an area) as Rose always knew where to go and for what budget. When issues arose during the tour, such as hotels closing early or individual tours not going ahead because of weather Rose always made sure there were options available to us to ensure our time in Greece was one we enjoyed (and I thoroughly did). Her knowledge of the local area and the mythology of Greece was great and she always tried to keep it entertaining for us. Rose is the reason I would take another expat tour again and if I did I would hope to get a guide and knowledgeable, personable and enthusiastic as Rose!!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive in Athens
- Day 2: Thermopylae - Meteora - Kalambaka
- Day 3: Kalambaka - Delphi
- Day 4: Delphi - Olympia
- Day 5: Mycenae - Nafplion - Epidaurus - Corinth canal - Athens
- Day 6: Athens city tour - Mykonos
- Day 7: Mykonos - Free day
- Day 8: Mykonos - Free day
- Day 9: Mykonos - Santorini
- Day 10: Santorini - Free day
- Day 11: Santorini - Free day
- Day 12: Return to Athens
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
How many people will be on this tour?
The maximum group size for this tour is 50, however, depending on the season, the tour may not be filled to capacity.
When and where does the tour end?
This tour ends at Athens airport at approximately 12 pm on the last day of the tour.
When and where does the tour start?
This tour starts at Best Western Candia Hotel (Theodore Diligiannis 40, Athina 104 38, Greece). Check-in is between 2 pm and 5 pm.
Please note this is subject to change until your finalised documents are released.
Guides who have led this tour
- "Once upon a time, in a sleepy little village near Bristol, there lived a chubby, curly-haired girl called..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Codi, 25 years old28th September 2018
Best of Greece - 12 Days
- SundayMay 5, 2019from Athens12 DaysThursdayMay 16, 2019to Athens10+ seats left$565$2,380-24%USD $1,815
- ThursdayMay 16, 2019from Athens12 DaysMondayMay 27, 2019to Athens0 seats leftUSD $2,380Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- WednesdayMay 22, 2019from Athens12 DaysSundayJun 2, 2019to Athens10+ seats left$565$2,380-24%USD $1,815
- SundayJun 2, 2019from Athens12 DaysThursdayJun 13, 2019to Athens10+ seats left$565$2,380-24%USD $1,815
- WednesdayJun 12, 2019from Athens12 DaysSundayJun 23, 2019to Athens10+ seats left$565$2,380-24%USD $1,815
- WednesdaySep 4, 2019from Athens12 DaysSundaySep 15, 2019to Athens10+ seats left$565$2,380-24%USD $1,815
- SundaySep 15, 2019from Athens12 DaysThursdaySep 26, 2019to Athens10+ seats left$565$2,380-24%USD $1,815
- MondaySep 23, 2019from Athens12 DaysFridayOct 4, 2019to Athens10+ seats left$565$2,380-24%USD $1,815
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Greece. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Greece. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Start and end in Athens.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Expat Explore Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 10% to confirm this Expat Explore Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 19 December 2018 the full payment of $1,815 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1815 for Best of Greece - 12 Days, but the deposit of 10% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Expat Explore Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Athens (Greece)
- 137 km
- Thermopylae (Greece)
- 137 km
- Meteora (Greece)
- 9 km
- Kalambaka (Greece)
- 156 km
- Delphi (Greece)
- 118 km
- Olympia (Greece)
- 95 km
- Mycenae (Greece)
- 18 km
- Nafplio (Greece)
- 32 km
- Epidavros (Greece)
- 39 km
- Corinth (Greece)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,815 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,383 tours in Europe
- covered by 256 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date.
- 22 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Best of Greece - 12 Days