Best of Greece - 12 Days
- Our saving
- US $ 1,745
- +12 Destinations
- Mainland Greece
- Age range
- 10 to 90 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Ferry
- Rather Poor
- HHollyWritten on February 8, 20185.0 - ExcellentThe expat Greece tour was such a great experience, however, I believe this was down to our guide Rose, nothing was ever too much for her, she loves the country and it definitely showed. I loved to story times and all the interesting facts she shared with us, felt like I learnt something new everyday.Show detailed ratings
- LlorenaWritten on January 28, 20184.5 - ExcellentWow, Best of Greece. This was our forth of five Expat Explore Tours and I must say, it had been our best with Expat Explore thus far. We had 12 days of sun, fun and laughter with our very informative, helpful, funny, and friendly tour leader Rose Brown. (In my sixties, I kind of walk slowly and she kindly kept pace with me.) Even with our tour companions, I feel like this was the best group we've had. Everybody became friends with everyone, thanks to Rose paving the way. If you want an in depth tour of Greece, the Best of Greece is right up your alley and hopefully you get to have Rose Brown for your tour leader, a gem among tour leaders in Expat Explore. Cheers and happy touring. God bless....Show detailed ratings
- TTonyWritten on January 9, 20184.0 - GoodI took this tour from September 24th-October 5th 2017. I have been on other group guided tours so I was familiar with what to expect but I my expectations were far exceeded when the tour was over. The accommodation was as I would expect for a value based tour but we weren't in our accommodation too much to really notice as there was always something to see or do. The locations that we visited were all the main highlights of Greece and we certainly covered more ground on the tour than I would have had I gone on my own or tried to plan this myself so the itinerary was great (esp for a value tour). The drivers we had always got us to our destination on time and safely (not an easy feat on some Greek roads). Our tour guide Rose Brown was simply amazing! She made great efforts to get all of us on the tour to become a family and the friends I made on the tour have been great and I still keep in touch with them, which isn't something I would normally do as a more introverted person. She was energetic and lively and always open and available for queries or any issues we might have had. We were never stuck for good and reasonable food recommendations (food is just as important to me as the culture of an area) as Rose always knew where to go and for what budget. When issues arose during the tour, such as hotels closing early or individual tours not going ahead because of weather Rose always made sure there were options available to us to ensure our time in Greece was one we enjoyed (and I thoroughly did). Her knowledge of the local area and the mythology of Greece was great and she always tried to keep it entertaining for us. Rose is the reason I would take another expat tour again and if I did I would hope to get a guide and knowledgeable, personable and enthusiastic as Rose!!Show detailed ratings
- MBmichaelWritten on January 7, 20184.0 - GoodOur 2 week tour encompassed the Greek mainlands, Santorini, and Mykonos. In summary, our vacation was excellent and memorable from a variety of perspectives. Our tour group got along famously with each other which I think was at least partly due to the efforts of our tour guide (Rose Brown). She was knowledgeable, enthusiastic and was very attentive to the needs of everyone. Our drivers were also very professional handling the sometimes difficult terrain safely and with confidence. The real highlight is Greece itself. I just loved everything about it - when I eventually retire, I could easily live there. Good food is cheap and the vibe is just great despite the economic downturnShow detailed ratings
- AAdamWritten on January 3, 20185.0 - ExcellentI was on this tour September 24th-October 5th and it completely surpassed my expectations. This was my first tour with Expat and my first in Greece. I’ve never really done a group guided tour before. The locations visited were all ones that I intended to travel to during a Greece trip and the included meals made this perfect for the cost! Three things truly made this tour a perfect experience for me. First, was the location. Greece was a beautiful destination, with amazing food, beautiful landscapes, and so much history. Second, were the friends I made along the way. Two weeks flew by with the group I was a part of and I’m glad to have gotten to know everyone and still keep in touch with them. Last, but most important, was our tour guide, Rose Brown! She is truly the reason I will be returning to Expat for two tours in 2018! She was full of energy all the time, shared so much knowledge and mythology about the locations we were exploring, and always knew how to make things fun and exciting, whether it was while exploring ruins or traveling on the bus haha. Nothing but respect for her and I hope that one day I will get her as a guide on another Expat trip!!Show detailed ratings
- HHydzWritten on January 3, 20185.0 - ExcellentGreece is such an amazing place and I had a great time exploring and learning about it with this tour. But it is exceptionaly great because Rose is our tour guide who is passionate with Greece. Highly recommend this tour.Show detailed ratings
- GHGabbyWritten on January 3, 20184.0 - GoodMy tour of Greece in September was incredible, rose, my tour leader honestly made the trip what it was. Her extensive knowledge of Greek mythology and her caring and fun personality kept us together as a group.Show detailed ratings
- JJessWritten on January 3, 20185.0 - ExcellentI did the tour September 24tg-October 5th! It was freaking amazing! We saw and learned so much more than expected! Rose brown was our tour leader! We really lucked out with her! I feel like rose was what made this tour so great! Her extensive knowledge and Social skills were outstanding. I hope to see her on future tours!!Show detailed ratings
- SGSianWritten on December 6, 20175.0 - ExcellentI did this tour last year (May 2016 - to celebrate my 50th!) and still cannot believe how amazing it was and such incredible value for money! Angelos our tour guide was the best guide ever!!! and we had a fabulous group of people on the tour. I made amazing new friends - 3 very special friends who all attended my wedding this year (was single when I was on the tour). Brook, came to NZ from USA and Kim and Helen came from AUS to NZ for the wedding. The tour includes the very important historical side of Greece which so has to be seen and appreciated as well as the most beautiful islands - Mykonos & Santorini - that I have ever been to. Cannot recommend this tour and Expat Explore enough... Regards Sian Gillanders, New ZealandShow detailed ratings
- WDWillemWritten on October 12, 20175.0 - ExcellentExcellent and very good quality Tour It's fast and you see all the highlights of Greece. After the tour it's well worth to stay on for another 2 days in Athens. Hotel Arethusa is 2 minutes from central Athens (travaga and booking.com) 100 percent you will love this trip and bring comfortable shoes, its hot and clothes for the occasion.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive in Athens
- Day 2: Thermopylae - Meteora - Kalambaka
- Day 3: Kalambaka - Delphi
- Day 4: Delphi - Olympia
- Day 5: Mycenae - Nafplion - Epidaurus - Corinth canal - Athens
- Day 6: Athens city tour - Mykonos
- Day 7: Mykonos - Free day
- Day 8: Mykonos - Free day
- Day 9: Mykonos - Santorini
- Day 10: Santorini - Free day
- Day 11: Santorini - Free day
- Day 12: Return to Athens
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Optional Extras
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- April 9, 2018
When and where does the tour end?
This tour ends at Athens airport at approximately 12 pm on the last day of the tour.
- April 9, 2018
When and where does the tour start?
This tour starts at Best Western Candia Hotel (Theodore Diligiannis 40, Athina 104 38, Greece). Check-in is between 2 pm and 5 pm.
Please note this is subject to change until your finalised documents are released.
- April 9, 2018
Do you arrange airport transfers?
Expat Explore can provide private airport transfers for passengers flying into Athens airport for an additional cost. Please contact our Customer Support team for more information.
Guides who have led this tour
- "Once upon a time, in a sleepy little village near Bristol, there lived a chubby, curly-haired girl called..."
46 travellers met before going on their Expat Explore Travel Best of Greece - 12 Days tour.
Select the departure date of the tour that you're planning on going on and chat with other travellers going on that tour.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Lynette12th April 2018
Best of Greece - 12 Days
- MondayJun 4, 2018from Athens12 DaysFridayJun 15, 2018to Athens0 seats leftUSD $2,675
- SundayJun 10, 2018from Athens12 DaysThursdayJun 21, 2018to Athens0 seats leftUSD $2,675
- SundayJul 1, 2018from Athens12 DaysThursdayJul 12, 2018to Athens0 seats leftUSD $2,675
- SundayAug 26, 2018from Athens12 DaysThursdaySep 6, 2018to Athens0 seats leftUSD $2,675
- MondaySep 10, 2018from Athens12 DaysFridaySep 21, 2018to Athens0 seats leftUSD $2,675
- FridaySep 21, 2018from Athens12 DaysTuesdayOct 2, 2018to Athens0 seats leftUSD $2,675
- SundayOct 7, 2018from Athens12 DaysThursdayOct 18, 2018to AthensOnly 3 seats left$930$2,675-35%USD $1,745Instant BookHold my
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Greece. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Greece. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Start and end in Athens.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Expat Explore Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 10% to confirm this Expat Explore Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 28 July 2018 the full payment of $1,745 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1745 for Best of Greece - 12 Days, but the deposit of 10% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Expat Explore Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Athens (Greece)
- 137 km
- Thermopylae (Greece)
- 137 km
- Meteora (Greece)
- 9 km
- Kalambaka (Greece)
- 156 km
- Delphi (Greece)
- 118 km
- Olympia (Greece)
- 95 km
- Mycenae (Greece)
- 18 km
- Nafplio (Greece)
- 32 km
- Epidavros (Greece)
- 39 km
- Corinth (Greece)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,745 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,987 tours in Europe
- covered by 211 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date.
- 13 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Best of Greece - 12 Days