Best of Greece - 12 Days
- Tour Operator:
- Expat Explore Travel
- Max group size:
- Age range:
- 10 to 90
- Operated in:
- Tour id:
Places You’ll See
- Journey back in time to the ancient sites of Meteora, Olympia and Delphi
- Get lost in the whitewashed streets of Athens and see the Acropolis
- Enjoy free time with three nights on Mykonos and three nights on Santorini
Ready-to-book adventures, personalized
Make your adventure more you
Enjoy a tour focused solely on your travel group
Access our Travel Experts’ insider knowledge
Travel within your own bubble
- Day 1: Start of tour in Athens
- Day 2: Athens - Thermopylae - Kalabaka
- Day 3: Kalabaka - Meteora (optional) - Delphi
- Day 4: Delphi - Glyfada/Trizonia Island - Olympia
- Day 5: Olympia - Mycenae - Nafplion
- Day 6: Nafplion - Corinth Canal - Athens city tour - Acropolis - Mykonos
- Day 7: Mykonos: Free Day
- Day 8: Mykonos: Free Day
- Day 9: Mykonos - Santorini
- Day 10: Santorini: Free Day
- Day 11: Santorini: Free Day
- Day 12: End of tour in Athens
- Additional Services
- Additional Services
Where You'll Stay
Operated by Expat Explore Travel
Expat Explore is one of the industry’s leading coach tour operators. Their core mission is #TravelMadePossible - to make travel fun, convenient and affordable for travellers from all over the world. They offer a selection of more than 60 itineraries that explore destinations across Europe, North America, Africa, the Middle East and Southeast Asia.Read more
- Overall RatingExcellent
- Most Recent
- Most Popular
- Highest First
- Lowest First
- MAMargaret· October 25th, 2022Amazing experience! Will definitely use this touring company again! Don’t let go of Matt, he’s an excellent tour guide leader and has the ability to ensure all his diverse clients have a great time together.Trip date: October 2022
- MaryAnn· October 24th, 2022Wonderful! Loved every place we went. The views were spectacular and breath taking!Trip date: October 2022
- Judy· October 10th, 2022The Best of Greece was an amazing experience led by Matt, an amazing tour guide! We thoroughly enjoyed the entire trip. The site-specific guides that were provided along the way were also absolutely the best. We learned a great deal about the country... Show moreTrip date: September 2022
- NPNitinchandra· July 12th, 2022Bus service, tour guides were excellent. Time management was good but some breaks could have been avoided. Itinerary showed that arrival to ATH airport was 12 pm. Based on this we booked returning flight later in the evening. Instead we reached ATH at... Show moreTrip date: June 2022
- Paulo· June 21st, 2022Expat is very well organized. Excellent experience overall.Trip date: June 2022
- JBJacques· October 5th, 2019Well organized, some of the excursion a la carte were overpriced and the question of tipping came back too oftenTrip date: September 2019
- Raymond· October 2nd, 2019A nice pace with reasonable hotels. Filip was well organized.Trip date: September 2019
- DZDomenica· September 27th, 2019It was a very good tour, and I will happily recommend to friendsTrip date: September 2019
- DDiana· September 25th, 2019A trip of a lifetime! Folio made it so easy for us, his historical knowledge is second to none and he always made sure to give practical information along the way and patiently answer questions. Loved his Balkan sense of humour!Trip date: September 2019
- KKimberly· September 24th, 2019The tour was very well organised and we felt that we saw and experienced a lot in Greece. Filip is an excellent tour leader and gave the most incredible talks about Greek history, which is not easy! He is well organised and helpful and with his... Show moreTrip date: August 2019
Dates & Availability
Take advantage of our 0% interest instalment plan on selected departures. Learn More
- -18%Get Instant ConfirmationWednesday3 May, 2023Sunday14 May, 2023English$2,940$2,420
- -18%Get Instant ConfirmationWednesday17 May, 2023Sunday28 May, 2023English$2,940$2,420Only Pay 10% Deposit
- -18%Get Instant ConfirmationWednesday31 May, 2023Sunday11 Jun, 2023English$2,940$2,420Only Pay 10% Deposit
- -18%Get Instant ConfirmationTuesday1 Aug, 2023Saturday12 Aug, 2023English$2,940$2,4200% Interest InstalmentsOnly Pay 10% Deposit
- Wednesday23 Aug, 2023Sunday3 Sep, 2023EnglishSee Similar Tours For These Dates$2,940Only Pay 10% Deposit
- Wednesday6 Sep, 2023Sunday17 Sep, 2023EnglishSee Similar Tours For These Dates$2,940Only Pay 10% Deposit
- 1 Other Unavailable Departure
- -18%Get Instant ConfirmationWednesday20 Sep, 2023Sunday1 Oct, 2023English$2,940$2,4200% Interest InstalmentsOnly Pay 10% Deposit
- Wednesday4 Oct, 2023Sunday15 Oct, 2023EnglishSee Similar Tours For These Dates$2,940Only Pay 10% Deposit
Frequently Asked Questions
- How many people will be on this tour?
The maximum group size for this tour is 50, however, depending on the season, the tour may not be filled to capacity.
- When and where does the tour end?
This tour ends at Athens airport at approximately 12 pm on the last day of the tour.
- When and where does the tour start?
This tour starts at Best Western Candia Hotel (Theodore Diligiannis 40, Athina 104 38, Greece). Check-in is between 2 pm and 5 pm.
Please note this is subject to change until your finalised documents are released.
- Do you arrange airport transfers?
Expat Explore can provide private airport transfers for passengers flying into Athens airport for an additional cost. Please contact our Customer Support team for more information.
- What are the optional excursions?
The optional excursions for this tour are:
Delos Tour. Price: EUR 60
Caldera Islands and Oia tour. Price: EUR 38
Epidaurus. Price: EUR 12
Mycenae. Price: EUR 12
Olympia. Price: EUR 12
Greek Tapas & Traditional Greek Dancing. Price: EUR 15
Delphi. Price: EUR 12
Meteora. Price: EUR 6
Acropolis museum. Price: EUR 5
Please note that this list is a guideline only and all prices are subject to change.
- Can you assist with booking additional accommodation?
Unfortunately, Expat Explore can not book your pre/post accommodation for this tour but you are more than welcome to book directly with the hotel yourself.
- What is the age range?
This tour is suitable for anyone within the age range of 10 to 75+ years old. Expat Explore will not accept any travellers under the age of 10, which means that young children are not eligible to participate in this tour due to the activities on the tour.
- I am a solo traveller, is there a single supplement?
A single supplement is available for an additional cost. The single supplement is completely optional though and you are not required to pay a single supplement to join the tour. The tour price advertised is based on a twin share basis, which means that if you are a single traveller you will be roomed with a passenger of the same gender and around the same age at no additional cost.
- Is there a hotel list available?
Unfortunately, Expat Explore does not release the exact list of hotels that will be used on tour until 5 days prior to the departure.
On this tour, you will be staying 11 nights in twin-share rooms. The accommodation on this Expat Explore tour is provided in 2 and 3-star hotels.
This is a list of hotels that they typically stay at, but please be advised that they are subject to change:
Best Western Candia
Hopefully, this list will give you a better idea of what kind of accommodation you can expect while on tour.
- Are the flights included?
Flights before and after the tour are not included in the tour price. You can organize your flights separately by following the link operated by Skyscanner - flights.tourradar.com
Please note the internal flight from Santorini to Athens with Aegean airlines is included within the cost of the tour package.
Good to Know
- Plugs & Adapters
As a traveller from USA, Canada, England, Australia, New Zealand you will need an adaptor for types C, E, F, D, M. As a traveller from South Africa you will need an adaptor for types C, E, F.
- Type CGreece
- Type EGreece
- Type FGreece
- Type DGreece
- Type MGreece
- These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Hepatitis A - Recommended for Greece. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B - Recommended for Greece. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Unfortunately we cannot offer you a visa application service. Whether you need a visa or not depends on your nationality and where you wish to travel. Assuming your home country does not have a visa agreement with the country you're planning to visit, you will need to apply for a visa in advance of your scheduled departure.
- Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Payment information
- For any tour departing before May 13th, 2023 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after May 13th, 2023, a minimum payment of 10% is required to confirm your booking with Expat Explore Travel. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 50 days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Expat Explore Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- The following cards are accepted for "Expat Explore Travel" tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Cancellation Policy
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Expat Explore Travel. Please familiarise yourself with the Expat Explore Travel payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- AccessibilitySome tours are not suitable for mobility-restricted traveller, however, some operators may be able to accommodate special requests. For any enquiries, you can contact our customer support team, who are ready and waiting to help you.
Keep Exploring Greece
- Greece Travel Guide | All You Need to Know
- Family Trip to Europe Itineraries (From 1 to 3 Weeks)
- 10 Best Cultural Travel Companies & Tour Operators
- 10 Best Cultural Experiences in The World 2023/2024
- Greece from Athens
- Greece In-depth Cultural
- 12 days Greece
- Operators in Europe
- Central Greece
- Mainland Greece
- Athens Santorini & Mykonos
- In-depth Cultural Tours
- Family Tours
- Private Tours
- Group Tours
- Fully Guided Tours
- Explorer Tours
- Coach / Bus Tours
- Greek Islands
- Central Greece
- Mainland Greece
- Athens Santorini & Mykonos
- Greece tours