Croatia - Cycling Coast & Islands Discovery (from Split to Dubrovnik)
- Our saving
- US $ 2,077
- +3 Destinations
- Croatian Islands
- Rather Poor
- DdavidpetermanWritten on June 19, 20185.0 - ExcellentIt's hard to imagine how it could have been any better.Show detailed ratings
- JJanetGilkeyWritten on June 11, 20185.0 - ExcellentFirst, I would like to say this was a 5 star biking trip. The information provided was excellent and was very useful. Use of the GPS was not required, because the maps and directions were so good. The accommodations were very good and the staff at each one were very welcoming. The bikes were in good condition. However, Janet did request a mens hybrid bike and was given a womens bike. I am not sure where the confusion on this happened, but the local outfitter was reluctant to make any changes. Overall, it was an exceptional experience and some of the rides were challenging. Catching the ferries and boat to the islands was an easy process and provided all the tickets we needed. We will follow-up with some pictures later. Thank you for getting this trip organized!Show detailed ratings
- PPelayoLarrainWritten on May 29, 20184.5 - ExcellentVery good Guides In CroatiaShow detailed ratings
- AAudreyBergsmaWritten on May 26, 20184.5 - ExcellentGoran and his apprentice from Meridian 10 gave us an excellent orientation to our self-guided bicycle tour of the Croatian islands. He reviewed at length the multi-paged binder compiled by Meridian 10 given to each couple. The binder outlined each day our route information and detailed maps, our ferry tickets and when to catch them, our lodging, restaurants recommendations, sights of interest to see, and information on the local area and its history. It was a most impressive and extremely useful packet of detailed information. He also provided us with Garmin GPS units with all the maps pre-loaded, including the main route and numerous possible options and taught us how to use it. The GPS units worked marvelously and accurately. I was also very impressed with how well everything worked with the ferries shuttling us and our bikes from island to island. Plus, they are so much fun! Additionally, Goran immediately attended to new batteries we needed for one of the GPS units and replaced a faulty pannier bag.Show detailed ratings
- DMDianeWritten on October 16, 20174.0 - GoodWonderful trip and accommodations. Bikes were in good condition and performed well. Written directions were confusing at times (translation issue?) and the GPS we were given didn't seem to work well. Oh well we still had a fantastic time even when we got "lost."Show detailed ratings
- DLDonnaWritten on October 15, 20174.0 - GoodOur Croatia Islands and Coast bicycle tour lived up to the excellent reviews. The terrain was challenging, but everyone was pleased with the routes. October was an excellent time to do this tour as well. The hotels were very good, with only the Kortula Hotel being a bit below expectations- a bit dated but otherwise OK. The maps and directions, however, were not as clear as on tours we have done with Randonnee, and everyone really needs to have the map and directions- not just every other person.Show detailed ratingsPure Adventures commented on this reviewDonna! So glad to hear that you had such a wonderful time and the group, thank you for sharing and thank you for the photos! They are fantastic! Thank you for all of your feedback, this helps us only improve our tours. Do keep in touch and let us know when your group is ready to do your next cycling adventure!
- HRHeidiWritten on August 11, 20164.5 - ExcellentOur Croatia trip was phenomenal! We enjoyed every minute ... all the way from Split to Dubrovnik was seamless.Show detailed ratings
- JSJenniferWritten on June 9, 20165.0 - ExcellentThis trip was a very good value & very well organized by the local tour company - every detail was handled which made things pretty stress-free. The lodgings were all very good (some of the upgraded ones spectacular!), bikes were of good quality & in excellent repair, and the local contacts were very helpful & great to deal with. Ferry tickets, private boat transfers, luggage handling, start & end of trip meetings...all very seemless. All of the locations were great - amazing scenery and beautiful, interesting towns with lots of history. The only negative is that based on providing the PA rep with very candid feedback on our biking abilities & fitness level, instead of encouraging us to take this trip & telling us it wasn't that difficult, I think perhaps she should have recommended a different one more inline with our abilities - this was way too difficult for us, which took some of the joy out of it. But it wasn't the end of the world and overall we had a great time and absolutely loved the Croatian coastShow detailed ratings
- AKAndriaWritten on May 17, 20165.0 - ExcellentOur trip was perfect! Of course the scenery was amazing, but the organization was great too. This is the third bike trip we've done (second self-guided) and we had no issues at all. Our briefing on the first day was thorough and we were given all the materials we needed. Highly recommend!Show detailed ratings
- HallieWritten on November 2, 20155.0 - ExcellentThis was my first cycling tour. The time of year that we were in Croatia was perfect. the self-guided aspect allowed us to save money as compared to other tours. It also gave us a lot of freedom. Even though I was a rookie cyclist, I will almost always do self-guided in the future. It was not overwhelming at all. I recommend going with a group of 5 or more friends. We were in a group of three, but it was still awesome!!! I can't wait to pick my next adventure!!!!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Split Arrival
- Day 2: Cycling to the Island of Brac
- Day 3: Cycling to the Island of Hvar
- Day 4: Cycling Hvar Island, boat trip or rest day
- Day 5: Cycling the Island of Korcula:
- Day 6: Loop bike ride on Korcula:
- Day 7: Cycling Peljesac peninsula and Dubrovnik
- Day 8: Departure day
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- May 1, 2016
Is this a large group tour?
This is a self guided tour, so there are no other guests on a departure. Each departure is custom to the booking party. Most people book as couples or small groups of friends.
- March 1, 2016
Will the accommodation be in guesthouses?
We do indeed propose this tour in guesthouses.
- March 1, 2016
Are these rates in euros?
Rates are indeed quoted in Euros, but charged in USD since we are based in the US. So we use the exchange rate at time of payment to lock in the exchange rate, and if you want to pay earlier to lock in a lower exchange rate, that's an option too.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Martina25th April 2018
Croatia - Cycling Coast & Islands Discovery (from Split to Dubrovnik)
- Upcoming departures
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- SaturdayJun 23, 2018from Split8 DaysSaturdayJun 30, 2018to Dubrovnik10+ seats left$135USD $2,284
- SundayJun 24, 2018from Split8 DaysSundayJul 1, 2018to Dubrovnik10+ seats left$135USD $2,284
- MondayJun 25, 2018from Split8 DaysMondayJul 2, 2018to Dubrovnik10+ seats left$135USD $2,284
- TuesdayJun 26, 2018from Split8 DaysTuesdayJul 3, 2018to Dubrovnik10+ seats left$135USD $2,284
- WednesdayJun 27, 2018from Split8 DaysWednesdayJul 4, 2018to Dubrovnik10+ seats left$135USD $2,284
- ThursdayJun 28, 2018from Split8 DaysThursdayJul 5, 2018to Dubrovnik10+ seats left$135USD $2,284
- FridayJun 29, 2018from Split8 DaysFridayJul 6, 2018to Dubrovnik10+ seats left$135USD $2,284
- SundayJul 1, 2018from Split8 DaysSundayJul 8, 2018to Dubrovnik10+ seats left$143USD $2,435
- MondayJul 2, 2018from Split8 DaysMondayJul 9, 2018to Dubrovnik10+ seats left$143USD $2,435
- TuesdayJul 3, 2018from Split8 DaysTuesdayJul 10, 2018to Dubrovnik10+ seats left$143USD $2,435
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Croatia. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Croatia. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Split is the starting point and Dubrovnik is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Pure Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 19 August 2018 the full payment of $2,077 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2077 for Croatia - Cycling Coast & Islands Discovery (from Split to Dubrovnik), but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Pure Adventures will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Pure Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Split (Croatia)
- 29 km
- Brac (Croatia)
- 18 km
- Hvar Island (Croatia)
- 52 km
- Korcula Island (Croatia)
- 86 km
- Dubrovnik (Croatia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,077 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 8,603 tours in Europe
- covered by 222 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Croatia - Cycling Coast & Islands Discovery (from Split to Dubrovnik) via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 13 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Croatia - Cycling Coast & Islands Discovery (from Split to Dubrovnik)