Cordoba to Granada - Moorish Spain Cycling
- Our saving
- US $ 1,455
- Rather Poor
- EricWritten on June 23, 20153.5 - GoodA few things to be aware of: 1. The self guided instructions we found were quite poor. I think this might be a Spain issue. We had the same problem in Catalonia with another tour company. (Note we have taken many other tours in other countries the directions were never a big issue). Poor directions lead to wasted time, backtracking and making modifications to get to your next destination. We found we could spend an average of 2 minutes on each instruction and maybe longer when the directions were ambiguous. As an example, on the last leg of this trip to Granada there were over 40 route instructions. Hint: If you do take this trip, GPS units that map out the whole caliphate trail are available through Otros (the Pure Adventures representative out of Granada). This electronic aid would have saved a ton of time, made the ride more relaxing greatly reducing the chance of getting confused with the written instructions. The problem with bad instructions is that you have distances to make and when it starts getting hot (which it did!) you can't afford to take a wrong turn. It actually can become dangerous when temps surge up into the high 90's. So make sure to carry a lot of water! 2. Also make sure you and your partner have mobile phones so if one of you has to go ahead to verify that the directions are correct you can call or text them to come a long or to tell them to stay put. No sense everyone exerting extra energy. Also make sure you have Spanish mobile numbers. We used Orange (sim cards for Spain) and service coverage was available almost everywhere. Unlimited texting in country, data plans of 1 and 2 gig. We paid $20 for voice. We did use the phone to make a few calls and think it important to have enough minutes in case of emergency or change in plans etc. Once you go through the pain of setting up your mobile phone at the local Orange store (other carrier choices are available but Orange seemed to be the dominant player), you can then when needed recharge your minutes and data plan through http://www.recharge.com/en-US/ . This was huge because our Spanish was limited and you could choose your carrier and the language. The process was easy and painless. The other huge benefit if you have a smart phone was the use of either Google maps or apple mapping. I used this often to verify where we were and also used it when we needed to make modifications due to ambiguous instructions. If I had had the GPS this probably would not have been so important but this was a nice tool to have. The last thing I will say is that you will run into other cyclists. More often on the weekend but I found when we asked for assistance the Spanish Cyclists were so willing to help even with the language barriers. So don't be afraid to ask for assistance! Learning some Spanish though is important. If you don't you will get frustrated because most people do not speak English in the rural areas so you are on your own. 3. The accommodations were just okay. We did upgrade our stay in Granada, which was fantastic. Sometimes though it is just not possible when you are out in the country to have beyond a 2 to 3 star stay. With that said, everywhere we stayed the management/owners were very nice and that made up the difference. Summary: So with all that said, I really liked Pure Adventures and their local representative in Spain. They are very responsive and will do everything possible to make your trip a happy one. That was huge. We loved Spain and the people. For the most part the rides were also enjoyable. Some days were better than others but this is what happens when you are cycling so you have to have the right mindset. If you like to be independent and go at your own pace, self-guided is the way to go. If you don't want to worry about directions and getting lost go with a guide!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrival Cordoba:
- Day 2: Cordoba - Luque - Priego de Cordoba 26 km:
- Day 3: Priego de Cordoba - Zuheros 54 km:
- Day 4: Zuheros-Castillo de Locubín-Alcalá la Real 60 km
- Day 5: Alcalá la Real - Tozar 28 km:
- Day 6: Tozar-Moclín-Olivares-Alfacar y Víznar-Granada, 51 or 62 km:
- Day 7: Today you can explore the city and the amazing Alhambra:
- Day 8: End of the journey in Granada and departure
AccommodationRated Average by past passengers
MealsRated Average by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- May 1, 2016
Can a solo traveller join this trip?
This tour is not available for solo travelers, unfortunately.
Get in contact with us and our customer support team will work on pairing you with the perfect adventure.
- May 1, 2016
Is there a single supplement available on this tour?
Yes. Please take note that there will be an extra charge for a single supplement room. Please contact us to arrange this.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Hamish13th March 2018
Cordoba to Granada - Moorish Spain Cycling
- Upcoming departures
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- SaturdayJun 9, 2018from Cordoba8 DaysSaturdayJun 16, 2018to Cordoba10+ seats left$45USD $1,455
- SundayJun 10, 2018from Cordoba8 DaysSundayJun 17, 2018to Cordoba10+ seats left$45USD $1,455
- MondayJun 11, 2018from Cordoba8 DaysMondayJun 18, 2018to Cordoba10+ seats left$45USD $1,455
- TuesdayJun 12, 2018from Cordoba8 DaysTuesdayJun 19, 2018to Cordoba10+ seats left$45USD $1,455
- WednesdayJun 13, 2018from Cordoba8 DaysWednesdayJun 20, 2018to Cordoba10+ seats left$45USD $1,455
- ThursdayJun 14, 2018from Cordoba8 DaysThursdayJun 21, 2018to Cordoba10+ seats left$45USD $1,455
- FridayJun 15, 2018from Cordoba8 DaysFridayJun 22, 2018to Cordoba10+ seats left$45USD $1,455
- SaturdayJun 16, 2018from Cordoba8 DaysSaturdayJun 23, 2018to Cordoba10+ seats left$45USD $1,455
- SundayJun 17, 2018from Cordoba8 DaysSundayJun 24, 2018to Cordoba10+ seats left$45USD $1,455
- MondayJun 18, 2018from Cordoba8 DaysMondayJun 25, 2018to Cordoba10+ seats left$45USD $1,455
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Spain. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Start and end in Cordoba.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Pure Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 25 July 2018 the full payment of $1,455 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1455 for Cordoba to Granada - Moorish Spain Cycling, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Pure Adventures will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Pure Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Cordoba (Spain)
- 56 km
- Zuheros (Spain)
- 75 km
- Granada (Spain)
- 131 km
- Cordoba (Spain)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,455 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 8,095 tours in Europe
- covered by 212 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Cordoba to Granada - Moorish Spain Cycling via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Cordoba to Granada - Moorish Spain Cycling