Italy - Dolomites to Lake Garda 6 Nights Cycling
- Our saving
- US $ 1,163
- +14 Destinations
- Northern Italy
- Rather Poor
- CCollinsWritten on October 11, 20183.5 - GoodDirections were poor. Use landmarks in directions. We got lost in a driving rain storm just a couple k’s from Lake Caldaro. The directions said to take an obscure trail through a vineyard which we could not find. My wife was almost hypothermic. We finally stayed on the most obvious road after 2 hours and were able to fine a route to the lake and our hotel. The next day in the rain we followed the designated route that had been pave over and could not find the landmarks. We ended up on a muddy trail through a vineyard with mud over the rims of our wheels. We gave up and called for a ride. There were several other cases where we got lost because obscure directions/landmarks. Neither of our bikes had a working odometer. My bike seat would not raise high enough and I started having knee pain. We finally figured out that I was given my wife’s bike. The frames were the same size and the only difference was the seat stem which you can see. Finally, we took a trip with discover France last year and got carbon fiber bikes, working odometer, and a GPS. Given a choice between the two companies...Show detailed ratings
- PCPedroWritten on October 3, 20185.0 - ExcellentEveryone should visit this part of Italy and use this tour to do that.Show detailed ratings
- BBethSullivanWritten on September 8, 20184.5 - ExcellentWe had a wonderful time on our trip from the Dolomites to Lake Garda! The orientation was great, van transportation up to the pass was great!. We loved all the hotels except for the Golden Rose, which was not near any places to eat. I would recommend finding a hotel closer to "the action" in Morano. The only negative aspects of the trip were that the itinerary did not match several hotels which made finding them at the end of the day challenging when you were tired. Also, the itinerary could use more landmark cues rather than just "turn right, left"-i.e. you will see a castle on your left side and when you see that castle, turn right.Show detailed ratings
- MTMelanieWritten on August 7, 20185.0 - ExcellentFabulous! The biking through the Dolomite's is beyond beautiful! The bikes were great, perfect fit. The accommodation and hosts were top notch! The food was more than plentiful for breakfasts...the response from Tour Radar when we had an issue with our luggage transfer was met with a super quick response and totally thoughtful recovery to make what would have been a negative to 110% positive! There is nothing negative I can say about using Tour Radar to arrange our first time cycle tour! Thank you so much!! We will be back!!Show detailed ratings
- IanWritten on August 1, 20184.0 - GoodSilandro restaurants on sunday nights are mostly closed. Even the bar in the hotel was closed. Orientation guide on sunday morning was excellent. Mainly bike paths used was a big advantage but the written directions left a lot to be desired at times. The accommodation was mainly outstanding, certainly better than with rival companies. We will probably repeat this trip sometime in the future, which is something we have never done. Well doneShow detailed ratingsPure Adventures commented on this reviewThanks Ian for your feedback, and letting us know! Glad you had a great time and the orientation was excellent! We would love to work with you again in the future! ~ Pure Adventures
- JJillJacobsWritten on August 1, 20185.0 - ExcellentWe loved this trip! The scenery was beautiful, the bikes were sturdy, the hotels were so cute, and breakfasts were delicious! If you take this trip, you might want to learn a few German words - the first four days are spent in South Tyrol which is predominately German speaking. In fact, the people there really don't even really consider themselves Italian. You feel more like you are in Austria until you get to Trento. I would also recommend downloading the app MapsMe on your phone. It works like Google Maps, but you don't need Wifi or data to use it. Although the maps provided by the tour company are really good for purposes of getting from town to town (on well-signed bike paths), the maps are not all that clear from the bike path to the hotels. We found that MapsMe really helped. We are already planning our next trip with Pure Adventures!Show detailed ratings
- AAJSilsethWritten on June 16, 20184.5 - ExcellentBeautiful downhill biking, mostly on bike paths. Accommodations were in small, charming towns. Melanie, from the main office, was easy to work with and responsive.Show detailed ratingsPure Adventures commented on this reviewThanks AJ for your feedback, and love the photos!! Let us know when you are ready for your next Pure Adventures tour!
- NGNathalieWritten on June 1, 20184.5 - ExcellentThe beauty of the cycle path all along the way and the ease to follow it.Show detailed ratings
- MEMikeWritten on October 6, 20174.0 - GoodThe Dolomite trip is outstanding and is as advertised. Although a net downhill there are intermittent small hills to climb during the ride. The first day you think you are in the movie "Sound of Music" because the scenery is very much like that in the movie. The area is known as the Little Tyrol and German is the first language of this northern region of Italy. The ride actually starts at the Austrian/Italian border at about 5,000 feet so dress appropriately. The route is almost exclusively on a bike path, much of which an old rail line and runs through miles and miles of apple orchards, the likes of which we have never seen. We don't like biking in traffic so we were pleased to be on a route that avoided cars most of the time. Besides the scenery some highlights for us were the Promenade in Merano, Lake Caldero and Lake Garda. We suggest arriving at Merano and Caldero early enough to enjoy what they have to offer before embarking the next day. We would even stay in Lake Caldero for an extra day if we did this ride again. After we ended our ride at Riva del Garda we stayed there for an extra day and did not regret it. We then took a ferry to the south end of the lake and stayed in Sirmione for three days, even renting bikes for a day ride on the east side of the lake.Show detailed ratings
- RERandiWritten on September 19, 20175.0 - ExcellentDolomites to Lake Garda Tour .... Best Vacation Ever!!! This was our first trip with Pure Adventures and the trip exceeded all of our expectations Everything was well organized and Tullia did an awesome job with the orientation. Northern Italy is beautiful! The bike trails were in excellent condition and the views while cycling were spectacular. Picture cycling along the bike path with apple orchards on one side, vineyards on the other with the mountains surrounding you, it was breathtaking! About 85% of this trip was on dedicated bike paths. The towns we stayed in along the way were very quaint. We especially enjoyed Merano and Trento as well as Riva del Garda.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrival in Silandro (Saturday) - see arrival options below
- Day 2: Transfer to Passo di Resia and ride to Silandro; 50 km; 350 ascending & 1300m descending
- Day 3: Ride from Silandro to Merano ; 38 km - 105 ascending & 470m descent
- Day 4: Ride from Merano to Caldaro via Bolzano ; 47.5km rolling 340m Ascending & 475m decent
- Day 5: Ride from Caldaro to Trento ; 53km rolling 295m ascending & 325m decent
- Day 6: Ride from Trento to Riva del Garda ; 48 km rolling; 150m ascent & 500m descent
- Day 7: Arrivederci Riva del Garda!
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Carlos4th June 2018
Italy - Dolomites to Lake Garda 6 Nights Cycling
- SaturdayOct 20, 2018from Silandro7 DaysFridayOct 26, 2018to Verona10+ seats left$36USD $1,163
- SaturdayOct 27, 2018from Silandro7 DaysFridayNov 2, 2018to Verona10+ seats left$36USD $1,163
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Silandro is the starting point and Verona is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Pure Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 14 December 2018 the full payment of $1,163 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1163 for Italy - Dolomites to Lake Garda 6 Nights Cycling, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Pure Adventures will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Pure Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Silandro (Italy)
- 21 km
- Burgeis (Italy)
- 1 km
- Clusio (Italy)
- 3 km
- Glorenza (Italy)
- 12 km
- Lasa (Italy)
- 6 km
- Schlanders (Italy)
- 18 km
- Naturns (Italy)
- 12 km
- Merano (Italy)
- 25 km
- Bolzano (Italy)
- 12 km
- Caldaro (Italy)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,163 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,383 tours in Europe
- covered by 256 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Italy - Dolomites to Lake Garda 6 Nights Cycling via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 17 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Italy - Dolomites to Lake Garda 6 Nights Cycling