Italy - Puglia 7 Nights Cycling Tour (from Conversano to Lecce)
- Our saving
- US $ 1,526
- +9 Destinations
- Hotel, Resort
- Travel style
- Rather Poor
- RRichardGilmoreWritten on September 10, 20185.0 - ExcellentVery enjoyable tour with beautiful scenery and charming towns. Probably a bit more difficult than the "moderate" listing. Not particularly pleased with the bicycles (could use more gears for this terrain) but the local guides were very helpful and responsive to our needs. The particular cue sheets needs to be updated as there are several old instructions that no longer apply, and for a significant part of the trip the cue sheets do not sync with the GPS provided. Someone should re-ride the route on a bicycle as the GPS would very often take one through fields and be frequently "off course".Show detailed ratingsPure Adventures commented on this reviewThank you for your comments Richard! We have been speaking with our support team about this.
- ABAllisonWritten on November 9, 20173.0 - AveragePure adventures organized a great self guided cycling trip in Puglia with the assistance of local travel company Southern Visions. Contact we had with both organizations was efficient, courteous and helpful. The itinerary set was easy to follow and fun. The bikes provided were exactly what we requested, although knowing how heavy they are might go with a lighter bike in the future. We loved exploring this part of italy, and would return again. The hotels we were housed in were comfortable with helpful staff, but nothing spectacular for the money that we paid. We stayed in a town called Alberobello for two nights, which in our opinion was two nights too long. It is quite a touristy town and we would have rather have stayed at an Agrotourismo outside of town. This was the second self guided bicycle trip I have done with pure adventures and I would have them arrange a trip for me again. They are very responsive to requests as far as tailoring itineraries to meet your desires.Show detailed ratings
- KLkathyWritten on September 29, 20175.0 - ExcellentWe had a wonderful time on our Puglia 7 day adventure. Everything was perfect - the destinations, the routes, the scenery and the food & wine. Even though the trip was self-guided it felt like there was a guide with us from the moment we booked to our trip to help with pre-planning to our departure pickup because everything went so smoothly. Twice when we were arrived in a destination town, trying to get our bearings and looking for our hotel/lodging, seemingly (and magically) out of nowhere someone appeared shouting out names and shepherded us to the proper location.Show detailed ratings
- CGChuckWritten on October 3, 20163.5 - GoodMy wife and I signed up for the Pure Adventures Puglia 7-Night Cycling tour in September 2016. We paid USD 3276 for 8 days / 7 nights of: bike rentals, detailed ride map; hotels; luggage transfer; and support. Overall, it was a fun trip; Puglia is an amazing region, and it's great for cycling. However, a few things could have gone better. First, the bikes themselves. We had paid for the upgraded quality bikes; but the ones which were delivered were (without telling us) the standard-quality ones. The person delivering the bikes extolled their virtues, but honestly, they were pretty standard lower-end $600 aluminum-frame cyclocross bikes with carbon forks. The bikes were dropped off as-is with no opportunity to properly fit and test them out, and without helmets. I had to later contact them about the helmets (which they dropped off, but wanted to charge a rental fee until I pointed out they were supposed to have been included per their description), and also that these didn't seem to be upgraded bikes. Without saying "oops! Our bad" they just dropped off Bianchi road bikes. Those were significantly better, but still are pretty medium-end road bikes; but whatever, it was an improvement. But this experience certainly didn't make us feel valued, it was annoying, and there never was an apology. Second, the routes. The paper directions were incredibly hard to follow; there were often turns every 100 meters, and only occasionally were there named roads. The only map was a very high-level print-out. But in certain places, the directions were just wrong; the first day, it was clear that two different routes had been copy-and-pasted together, but didn't meet in the middle - you could verify this by comparing a color print-out which showed a different overall route than the black-and-white map showed. Some road signs with key "turn when you see x..." details were no longer correct, and some intersections had changed since the directions were written. When we compared notes with people doing other bike company's tours, it seemed we were much more on back-roads and winging it. Without a mobile phone connected to Google maps, we would have been lost dozens of times; as it is, sometimes we threw out the directions and picked out a route ourselves. Pure Adventures needs to update its directions; and I'd strongly suggest they also provide a google maps route people could follow on their phones, too. The hotels were overall quite good, with the exception of the last day. Relais Valle dell'Idro in Otranto gave us a pretty bad room with a leaking shower, and was unable to fix the problem. Moreover, it's not in a great location, and certainly didn't "wow" us. The support was good (and necessary). One of our bikes broke a spoke, and the staff was able to drive out a new wheel to us in two hours. While it certainly wasn't a bad experience, I do think Pure Adventures could do better, especially given the price. Update the directions to be accurate (and also provide a digital map); take more care to drop off the right bikes; always include a helmet; carefully ensure the bikes are a good fit for clients when dropped off; and maybe consider a different Otranto hotel.Show detailed ratings
- DBDavidWritten on October 23, 20155.0 - ExcellentThe tour was great and the experience of cycling through such a beautiful part of the world was fantastic. Our only complaint would be that the accommodations our first night were pretty poor. We met up with another couple on the same tour as us but staying at a much nicer hotel. I guess the better hotel must have been booked full. Other than that, the other accommodations were great and all of the people from Pure Adventures and their Italian partner were marvelous!Show detailed ratings
- EEleanorWritten on August 12, 20155.0 - ExcellentWe loved our Puglia tour - a great combo of farmland and quaint old inland towns, the historic Alberobello, and beautiful Mediterranean Italian coastline.Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on August 10, 20155.0 - Excellentmaggie as always was patient and informative as we chose our tour this year! also helpful in peripheral travel plans in rome, to and from the south etc. Loved antonello. He was so informative and just radiated hospitality and love for his home - from food to biking - he gave us great tips...
- AAnonymousWritten on June 22, 20154.0 - GoodMap directions did not use rd names but rather landmarks which at first was difficult and lead to second guessing on directions, in comparison to other Pure Adventure tours we found them a bit confusing. As noted above, road names were never used even in the city, but rather it relied on landmarks which on some occasions were no longer valid.
- AAnonymousWritten on June 16, 20153.0 - Averagewe found the directions very frustrating. We spoke to them about the directions before we left and I am not sure that they were concerned. I am not sure when the bikes were last tuned and our bike lock failed on the third day. They were there to replace equipment.. However, the guides were very friendly and anxious to please.
- AAnonymousWritten on May 10, 20155.0 - ExcellentThis is our 6th Pure Adventures trip and Maggie was excellent as usual
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrival in Conversano
- Day 2: Ride from Conversano to Alberobello (38 km)
- Day 3: Locorotondo & Martina Franca loop (49 km)
- Day 4: Ride from Alberobello to Ostuni (39 km)
- Day 5: Loop tour: Carovigno & Ceglie Messapica (42 km)
- Day 6: Squinzano to Otranto (68 km)
- Day 7: Otranto to Santa Maria de Leuca loop (55km or 110km)
- Day 8: Departure day
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
MealsRated Good by past passengers
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Randall, 60 years old4th October 2018
Italy - Puglia 7 Nights Cycling Tour (from Conversano to Lecce)
- Upcoming departures
- October 2018
- November 2018
- SaturdayOct 27, 2018from Conversano8 DaysSaturdayNov 3, 2018to Lecce10+ seats left$47USD $1,526
- SundayOct 28, 2018from Conversano8 DaysSundayNov 4, 2018to Lecce10+ seats left$47USD $1,526
- MondayOct 29, 2018from Conversano8 DaysMondayNov 5, 2018to Lecce10+ seats left$47USD $1,526
- TuesdayOct 30, 2018from Conversano8 DaysTuesdayNov 6, 2018to Lecce10+ seats left$47USD $1,526
- WednesdayOct 31, 2018from Conversano8 DaysWednesdayNov 7, 2018to Lecce10+ seats left$47USD $1,526
- ThursdayNov 1, 2018from Conversano8 DaysThursdayNov 8, 2018to Lecce10+ seats left$47USD $1,526
- FridayNov 2, 2018from Conversano8 DaysFridayNov 9, 2018to Lecce10+ seats left$47USD $1,526
- SaturdayNov 3, 2018from Conversano8 DaysSaturdayNov 10, 2018to Lecce10+ seats left$47USD $1,526
- SundayNov 4, 2018from Conversano8 DaysSundayNov 11, 2018to Lecce10+ seats left$47USD $1,526
- MondayNov 5, 2018from Conversano8 DaysMondayNov 12, 2018to Lecce10+ seats left$47USD $1,526
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Conversano is the starting point and Lecce is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Pure Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 23 December 2018 the full payment of $1,526 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1526 for Italy - Puglia 7 Nights Cycling Tour (from Conversano to Lecce), but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Pure Adventures will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Pure Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Conversano (Italy)
- 23 km
- Alberobello (Italy)
- 8 km
- Locorotondo (Italy)
- 6 km
- Martina Franca (Italy)
- 20 km
- Ostuni (Italy)
- 8 km
- Carovigno (Italy)
- 14 km
- Ceglie Messapica (Italy)
- 50 km
- Squinzano (Italy)
- 50 km
- Otranto (Italy)
- 40 km
- Santa Maria di Leuca (Italy)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,526 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,573 tours in Europe
- covered by 260 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Italy - Puglia 7 Nights Cycling Tour (from Conversano to Lecce) via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 6 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Italy - Puglia 7 Nights Cycling Tour (from Conversano to Lecce)