Taste of Tasmania (6 Days Basix)
- Our saving
- US $ 676
- Spend six days hiking the pristine nature of Tasmania
- Try to spot the Tasmanian Devil on your travels
- Recharge and relax at stunning lakes and bays
- Challenge yourself and climb Mt Amos
- Age range
- 18 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Physical Rating
- Travel style
- Hiking & Trekking, Adventure, Coastal Walks, Christmas & New Year
- Intrepid Travel
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Hobart - Central Plateau
- Day 2: Tarkine Region
- Day 3: Cradle Mountain - Launceston
- Day 4: Bicheno
- Day 5: Freycinet National Park
- Day 6: Maria Island - Hobart
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Rather Poor
- COCharlieWritten on April 26, 20194.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
The itinerary was great, shown me a snapshot of what Tasmania has to offer and I am very impressed. The guide was very professional and knowledgeable. This Tourradar / Intrepid trip suits most people who has some level of trail hiking experience /... Read more
- TomWritten on April 22, 20193.0 - AverageShow detailed ratings
Overall very great but the included breakfasts left a lot to be desired
- ATAnnalissa JoanWritten on March 30, 20194.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
So happy! Wanna do it again!
- KCkevinWritten on March 14, 20194.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Taste of Tasmania - amazing trip Review of Adventure Tours Australia Pending review Would recommend this trip 100%. Great itinerary with walks through pristine rain forest, waterfalls galore, mountain hikes, beautiful beaches and picturesque towns. As a... Read more
- BraylinWritten on February 26, 20194.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Loved every minute of it!
- VHVeroniqueWritten on January 25, 20194.0 - Good
I spent an excellent time in Tasmania with Tour Radar....Thanks for the wonderful organisation, the extra Brat with his sens of humour and all the people that have joined the group...I think we had all Great Experience and Memories...Show detailed ratingsIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHi Veronique, Thank you for leaving your feedback. It is so great to read that you had a great experience. John
- MRMelissaWritten on January 18, 20194.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Amazing Tour and an amazing guide!
- NONoeleenWritten on January 18, 20194.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
We had an awesome tour. The itinerary was good, lots of drive time but really enjoyed the hiking and the bakery stops :) Best tour guide also - Brad was a legend. A wonderful week exploring Tazzie
- KNkazimierzWritten on January 1, 20194.5 - Excellent
Matt was so entertaining and so knowledgeable that was the pleasure to travel with him and listening his narration.Show detailed ratingsIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHey Kazimierz, Great to hear that Matt was great...
- RBRajkamalWritten on December 25, 20184.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Overall: An enjoyable tour providing great overview of Tassie's best attractions and different landscapes. Itinerary: A good itinerary including Tarkine rainforest, Cradle Mountains, Bay of fires, Wineglass bay, Hazards beach circuit and Maria Island.... Read more
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Please confirm the name of the hotel where the tour starts.
The name of the first hotel is Hobart Central YHA hotel and the tour starts at 8 am. On the last day the tour finishes at 6pm so they do not advise to book the flights before 8pm but 9pm would be ok.
We advise not to book your flights until you book your tour and get fully confirmed on it.
All accommodations are subject to change until 4-6 weeks before the departure date. After the booking is made you will be issued your final trip documents with your specific accommodation details 4-6 weeks before departure. Under the "What’s Included" tab on each tour page, you can find general info about the accommodations used on the tour before you book.
What time does the tour start and end?
The "Taste of Tasmania" tour departs from Hobart at approximately 8am (pick up from the accommodation) and finishes in Hobart approx 6pm on day 6. Onward travel to be booked after 8pm.
What type of accommodation is included in the tour price?
This is tour is part of Intrepid's "basix" line of travel which features "We use simple, clean and centrally located accommodation"
Accommodation on this trip is multi-share, so you'll be sharing your sleeping quarters with other travellers of the same or opposite sex.
- Taste of Tasmania
- Main Page Video
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Jennifer11th February 2019
Taste of Tasmania (6 Days Basix)
- Upcoming departures
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- April 2020
- October 2020
- November 2020
- December 2020
- January 2021
- February 2021
- March 2021
- SaturdayOct 5, 2019from Hobart6 DaysThursdayOct 10, 2019to Hobart9 seats left$19USD $751
- SaturdayOct 12, 2019from Hobart6 DaysThursdayOct 17, 2019to Hobart10+ seats left$19USD $751
- SaturdayOct 19, 2019from Hobart6 DaysThursdayOct 24, 2019to HobartOnly 1 seat left$19USD $751
- SaturdayOct 26, 2019from Hobart6 DaysThursdayOct 31, 2019to Hobart10+ seats left$19USD $751
- SaturdayNov 2, 2019from Hobart6 DaysThursdayNov 7, 2019to Hobart10+ seats left$19USD $751
- WednesdayNov 6, 2019from Hobart6 DaysMondayNov 11, 2019to Hobart10+ seats left$19USD $751
- SaturdayNov 9, 2019from Hobart6 DaysThursdayNov 14, 2019to Hobart10+ seats left$19USD $751
- WednesdayNov 13, 2019from Hobart6 DaysMondayNov 18, 2019to Hobart10+ seats left$19USD $751
- SaturdayNov 16, 2019from Hobart6 DaysThursdayNov 21, 2019to Hobart10+ seats left$19USD $751
- WednesdayNov 20, 2019from Hobart6 DaysMondayNov 25, 2019to Hobart10+ seats left$19USD $751
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Australia. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Australia. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Start and end in Hobart.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Intrepid Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- For any tour departing before 25 October 2019 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 25 October 2019, a minimum payment of $400 is required to confirm your booking with Intrepid Travel. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 60 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Intrepid Travel. Please familiarise yourself with the Intrepid Travel payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for Intrepid Travel tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Hobart (Australia)
- 7 km
- Mount Wellington (Australia)
- 60 km
- Bothwell (Australia)
- 64 km
- Great Lake (Australia)
- 37 km
- Bronte Park (Australia)
- 28 km
- Lake St Clair (Australia)
- 48 km
- Franklin Gordon Wild Rivers National Park (Australia)
- 47 km
- Queenstown (Australia)
- 25 km
- Ocean Beach (Australia)
- 6 km
- Hogarth Falls (Australia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $676 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 1,355 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 110 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 27 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Taste of Tasmania (6 Days Basix)
Last modified (date)
Why we love it
Is this trip right for you
Food and dietary requirements
What to take
Climate and seasonal
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers