Taste of Tasmania (Basix)
- Our saving
- US $ 701
- Visit World Heritage listed Port Arthur
- Marvel at the Tasmanian Devil
- Relax by stunning Lakes and Bays
- Enjoy the exhilarating Montezuma Falls
- Age range
- 18 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Mini-coach
- Physical Rating
- Rather Poor
- HBHuiWritten on April 2, 20185.0 - ExcellentThere's sufficient time for us to enjoy each attractions and a wide variety of activities/things we saw throughout the trip. Good optional activities were recommended and our guide, Trent takes good care of us!Show detailed ratingsIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHi, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We’re delighted to read that you enjoyed your time in Tasmania, and that you had a fun time with Trent! Hope to see you on another trip with us again soon. Kind regards, Intrepid
- AAngelaFlynnWritten on March 20, 20184.5 - ExcellentExcellent tour exploring the island with lots of time for trekking, seeing wildlife and getting into nature.Show detailed ratingsIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHi Angela, Thanks for sharing your experience with us, we’re delighted to hear that you had a great time with us in Tasmania. Hope to see you on another trip with us again soon – where to next? Kind regards, Intrepid
- RRebeccaWritten on March 20, 20185.0 - ExcellentAn incredible snapshot of all the Tasmania has to offer. Hiking, beautiful scenery, local produce, craft beer, country living, wildlife.Show detailed ratingsIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHi Rebecca, Thanks for sharing your experience (and lovely photos) with us, we’re delighted to hear that you had a great time in Tasmania. Hope to see you on another trip with us soon! Kind regards, Intrepid
- EEmilyWritten on March 20, 20184.5 - ExcellentThis trip was SO great - heaps of excellent (and pretty challenging) walks, great hidden spots our leaders shared with us, and visits to towns I’d never think to visit on my own. I would recommend this trip to anyone wanting to see a different side of Tasmania.Show detailed ratingsIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHi Emily, Thanks for sharing your experience with us, we’re delighted to hear that you had a great time in Tasmania. Hope to see you on another trip with us soon! Kind regards, Intrepid
- LJlynetteWritten on February 25, 20184.0 - GoodYes the tour covered everything i was looking for,accommadation clean,charming,Guide excellent,mixed ages and countries made for a great time.A choice of levels for your activities. I am awaiting your response to me being charged exchange rates on my trip.I would travel with Intrepid again.Show detailed ratingsIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHi Lynette, Thank you for sharing your experience in Tasmania with us. Receiving feedback from our passengers is great as it helps us to know where we’re meeting or hopefully even exceeding expectations. We also hope that all of your questions have been answered regarding exchange rates? If not, please feel free to contact email@example.com to let us know how we can help. We’re delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and we hope to see you on another trip again soon! Kind regards, Intrepid
- SESandyWritten on February 5, 20184.5 - ExcellentThe trip was excellent, the guide was fantastic, it turned out to be 1 of the best weeks of my lifeShow detailed ratingsIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHi Sandy, Thank you for sharing your experience in Tasmania with us, sounds like you had a wonderful time. We hope to see you on another trip with us again soon – let’s see if we can show you a second best week of your life! Kind regards, Intrepid
- AnnaWritten on January 12, 20184.5 - ExcellentGreat overview tour of Tassie's best attractions. A friendly laid back yet efficient tour guide. Suggest making the tour slightly longer to avoid rushing.Show detailed ratings
- SJSueWritten on October 16, 20174.5 - ExcellentExperiencced and local guide was outstanding in his knowledge and couldnt have been more helpful. I chose share accommodation and was extremely happy with the variety presented. Reasonable rest and travel periods and plenty to see made this a trip to remember.Show detailed ratings
- RCRoniWritten on February 24, 20175.0 - ExcellentBeautiful State. Thoroughly enjoyed the experience. 16/2/17to 22/2/17 Tour guide Sam was very knowledgeable of the area. Clearly passionate and positive about his job. Highly recommend Taste of Tasmania Intrepid Adventure tours. Pls pass on Thanks for a fantastic experience Roni Calder Melbourne Australia Roni6775@gmail.comShow detailed ratings
- SSStefanWritten on February 23, 20174.5 - ExcellentThis tour is amazing in every regard ans exceeded my expectations by far. It is very well conceived so that every day is full but not stuffed, with lots of small excursions outside the mainstream. Never too much driving, bever boring. Original places you wont find on other tours, like the 1000 Lakes Lodge surrounded by wallabies. Sam was the best guide I ever had and I know the buisness quite well (I am guiding myself). Lots of humour, profound knowledge, my son and I do miss him already. Accomodation was great. We had the hotel option and all rooms were very fine. It seemed that the people staying in hostels had better breakfasts than the ones offered by the hotels (in boxes , terrible stuff, especially at Launceston). All the hostels looked just fine. The highlights for me were: thenunbelievable Bay of Fires, walking around Dove Lakenat Cradle Mountain, Wineglass Bay, MONA and Pieman River. Two words of warning: yes weather is unpredictable and cold in Tasmania. It rains five times a day. We were wearing three layers of jackets most of the days, mid-february. You need good waliing boots, as it will be muddy sometimes. And the walking was tougher than I thought, with the walk down to Wineglass Bay being the toughest one. So the Tour Radar rating of 2 stars for the physical side is not correct in my view, its 3 at least, or 3 to 4. That said my only criticism is that there was not enough time to contemplate Wineglass Bay after the heavy walk down. Maybe skip Richmond at the end to allow an extra hour. Its a nice town but not a must compared to Freycinet and you already do a nice szopmat Swansea after. Highly recommended, great program, best guide under the sun, great car and accomodations, loved it . But be prepared for Tasmania and dont expect any good weather.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Hobart - Central Plateau
- Day 2: Tarkine Region
- Day 3: Cradle Mountain - Launceston
- Day 4: Bicheno
- Day 5: Freycinet National Park
- Day 6: Maria Island - Hobart
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- February 1, 2017
Please confirm the name of the hotel where the tour starts.
The name of the first hotel is Hobart Central YHA hotel and the tour starts at 8 am. On the last day the tour finishes at 6pm so they do not advise to book the flights before 8pm but 9pm would be ok.
We advise not to book your flights until you book your tour and get fully confirmed on it.
All accommodations are subject to change until 4-6 weeks before the departure date. After the booking is made you will be issued your final trip documents with your specific accommodation details 4-6 weeks before departure. Under the "What’s Included" tab on each tour page, you can find general info about the accommodations used on the tour before you book.
- January 1, 2017
What time does the tour start and end?
The "Taste of Tasmania" tour departs from Hobart at approximately 8am (pick up from the accommodation) and finishes in Hobart approx 6pm on day 6. Onward travel to be booked after 8pm.
- December 1, 2016
What type of accommodation is included in the tour price?
This is tour is part of Intrepid's "basix" line of travel which features "We use simple, clean and centrally located accommodation"
Accommodation on this trip is multi-share, so you'll be sharing your sleeping quarters with other travellers of the same or opposite sex.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Sarah27th January 2018
Taste of Tasmania (Basix)
- Upcoming departures
- May 2018
- June 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- SaturdayMay 26, 2018from Hobart6 DaysThursdayMay 31, 2018to Hobart10+ seats left$29USD $701
- SaturdayJun 16, 2018from Hobart6 DaysThursdayJun 21, 2018to Hobart10+ seats left$29USD $701
- SaturdayAug 4, 2018from Hobart6 DaysThursdayAug 9, 2018to Hobart10+ seats left$29USD $701
- SaturdaySep 22, 2018from Hobart6 DaysThursdaySep 27, 2018to Hobart10+ seats left$29USD $701
- WednesdayOct 3, 2018from Hobart6 DaysMondayOct 8, 2018to Hobart10+ seats left$29USD $701
- WednesdayOct 10, 2018from Hobart6 DaysMondayOct 15, 2018to Hobart10+ seats left$29USD $701
- WednesdayOct 17, 2018from Hobart6 DaysMondayOct 22, 2018to Hobart10+ seats left$29USD $701
- WednesdayOct 24, 2018from Hobart6 DaysMondayOct 29, 2018to Hobart10+ seats left$29USD $701
- WednesdayOct 31, 2018from Hobart6 DaysMondayNov 5, 2018to Hobart10+ seats left$29USD $701
- SaturdayNov 3, 2018from Hobart6 DaysThursdayNov 8, 2018to Hobart10+ seats left$29USD $701
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Australia. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Australia. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Start and end in Hobart.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Intrepid Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $400 to confirm this Intrepid Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 20 July 2018 the full payment of $701 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $701 for Taste of Tasmania (Basix), but the deposit of $400 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Intrepid Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Hobart (Australia)
- 7 km
- Mount Wellington (Australia)
- 60 km
- Bothwell (Australia)
- 64 km
- Great Lake (Australia)
- 37 km
- Bronte Park (Australia)
- 28 km
- Lake St Clair (Australia)
- 48 km
- Franklin Gordon Wild Rivers National Park (Australia)
- 47 km
- Queenstown (Australia)
- 25 km
- Ocean Beach (Australia)
- 6 km
- Hogarth Falls (Australia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $701 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 792 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 54 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 12 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Taste of Tasmania (Basix)
Last modified (date)
Why we love it
Is this trip right for you
Food and dietary requirements
What to take
Climate and seasonal
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers