Taste of Tasmania (6 Days Basix)
- Our saving
- US $ 715
- Visit World Heritage listed Port Arthur
- Marvel at the Tasmanian Devil
- Relax by stunning Lakes and Bays
- Enjoy the exhilarating Montezuma Falls
- Age range
- 18 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Mini-coach
- Physical Rating
- Travel style
- Hiking & Trekking, Adventure, Coastal Walks, Christmas & New Year
- Rather Poor
- KNkazimierzWritten on January 1, 20194.5 - Excellent
Matt was so entertaining and so knowledgeable that was the pleasure to travel with him and listening his narration.Show detailed ratingsIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHey Kazimierz, Great to hear that Matt was great...
- AlexWritten on October 31, 20184.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Very good tour, happy with everything.
- LNLynetteWritten on September 30, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
The tour was amazing. I really recommend it and the guide was the best.
- HBHuiWritten on April 2, 20185.0 - Excellent
There's sufficient time for us to enjoy each attractions and a wide variety of activities/things we saw throughout the trip. Good optional activities were recommended and our guide, Trent takes good care of us!Show detailed ratingsIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHi, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We’re delighted to read that you enjoyed your time in Tasmania, and that you had a fun time with Trent! Hope to see you on another trip with us again soon. Kind regards, Intrepid
- AAngelaFlynnWritten on March 20, 20184.5 - Excellent
Excellent tour exploring the island with lots of time for trekking, seeing wildlife and getting into nature.Show detailed ratingsIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHi Angela, Thanks for sharing your experience with us, we’re delighted to hear that you had a great time with us in Tasmania. Hope to see you on another trip with us again soon – where to next? Kind regards, Intrepid
- RRebeccaWritten on March 20, 20185.0 - Excellent
An incredible snapshot of all the Tasmania has to offer. Hiking, beautiful scenery, local produce, craft beer, country living, wildlife.Show detailed ratingsIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHi Rebecca, Thanks for sharing your experience (and lovely photos) with us, we’re delighted to hear that you had a great time in Tasmania. Hope to see you on another trip with us soon! Kind regards, Intrepid
- EEmilyWritten on March 20, 20184.5 - Excellent
This trip was SO great - heaps of excellent (and pretty challenging) walks, great hidden spots our leaders shared with us, and visits to towns I’d never think to visit on my own. I would recommend this trip to anyone wanting to see a different side of... Read moreShow detailed ratingsIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHi Emily, Thanks for sharing your experience with us, we’re delighted to hear that you had a great time in Tasmania. Hope to see you on another trip with us soon! Kind regards, Intrepid
- AAnonymousWritten on March 20, 20183.5 - Good
Definitely exceeded my expectations. Great group & great itinerary.Show detailed ratingsIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHi, Thanks for sharing your experience with us, we’re delighted to hear that you had a great time in Tasmania. Hope to see you on another trip with us soon! Kind regards, Intrepid
- LJlynetteWritten on February 25, 20184.0 - Good
Yes the tour covered everything i was looking for,accommadation clean,charming,Guide excellent,mixed ages and countries made for a great time.A choice of levels for your activities. I am awaiting your response to me being charged exchange rates on my... Read moreShow detailed ratingsIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHi Lynette, Thank you for sharing your experience in Tasmania with us. Receiving feedback from our passengers is great as it helps us to know where we’re meeting or hopefully even exceeding expectations. We also hope that all of your questions have been answered regarding exchange rates? If not, please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know how we can help. We’re delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and we hope to see you on another trip again soon! Kind regards, Intrepid
- SESandyWritten on February 5, 20184.5 - Excellent
The trip was excellent, the guide was fantastic, it turned out to be 1 of the best weeks of my lifeShow detailed ratingsIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHi Sandy, Thank you for sharing your experience in Tasmania with us, sounds like you had a wonderful time. We hope to see you on another trip with us again soon – let’s see if we can show you a second best week of your life! Kind regards, Intrepid
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Hobart - Central Plateau
- Day 2: Tarkine Region
- Day 3: Cradle Mountain - Launceston
- Day 4: Bicheno
- Day 5: Freycinet National Park
- Day 6: Maria Island - Hobart
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Taste of Tasmania
- Main Page Video
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Please confirm the name of the hotel where the tour starts.
The name of the first hotel is Hobart Central YHA hotel and the tour starts at 8 am. On the last day the tour finishes at 6pm so they do not advise to book the flights before 8pm but 9pm would be ok.
We advise not to book your flights until you book your tour and get fully confirmed on it.
All accommodations are subject to change until 4-6 weeks before the departure date. After the booking is made you will be issued your final trip documents with your specific accommodation details 4-6 weeks before departure. Under the "What’s Included" tab on each tour page, you can find general info about the accommodations used on the tour before you book.
What time does the tour start and end?
The "Taste of Tasmania" tour departs from Hobart at approximately 8am (pick up from the accommodation) and finishes in Hobart approx 6pm on day 6. Onward travel to be booked after 8pm.
What type of accommodation is included in the tour price?
This is tour is part of Intrepid's "basix" line of travel which features "We use simple, clean and centrally located accommodation"
Accommodation on this trip is multi-share, so you'll be sharing your sleeping quarters with other travellers of the same or opposite sex.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Gim Yang, 33 years old26th February 2017
Taste of Tasmania (6 Days Basix)
- Upcoming departures
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- SaturdayJan 26, 2019from Hobart6 DaysThursdayJan 31, 2019to Hobart10+ seats left$15USD $715
- WednesdayJan 30, 2019from Hobart6 DaysMondayFeb 4, 2019to Hobart10+ seats left$15USD $715
- SaturdayFeb 2, 2019from Hobart6 DaysThursdayFeb 7, 2019to Hobart10+ seats left$15USD $715
- WednesdayFeb 6, 2019from Hobart6 DaysMondayFeb 11, 2019to Hobart10+ seats left$15USD $715
- WednesdayFeb 13, 2019from Hobart6 DaysMondayFeb 18, 2019to Hobart5 seats left$15USD $715
- SaturdayFeb 16, 2019from Hobart6 DaysThursdayFeb 21, 2019to Hobart10+ seats left$15USD $715
- WednesdayFeb 20, 2019from Hobart6 DaysMondayFeb 25, 2019to Hobart10+ seats left$15USD $715
- SaturdayFeb 23, 2019from Hobart6 DaysThursdayFeb 28, 2019to Hobart10+ seats left$15USD $715
- WednesdayFeb 27, 2019from Hobart6 DaysMondayMar 4, 2019to Hobart10+ seats left$15USD $715
- WednesdayMar 6, 2019from Hobart6 DaysMondayMar 11, 2019to Hobart0 seats left$15USD $715Sold outSee similar tours on this date
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Australia. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Australia. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Start and end in Hobart.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Intrepid Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $400 to confirm this Intrepid Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 18 March 2019 the full payment of $715 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $715 for Taste of Tasmania (6 Days Basix), but the deposit of $400 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Intrepid Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Hobart (Australia)
- 7 km
- Mount Wellington (Australia)
- 60 km
- Bothwell (Australia)
- 64 km
- Great Lake (Australia)
- 37 km
- Bronte Park (Australia)
- 28 km
- Lake St Clair (Australia)
- 48 km
- Franklin Gordon Wild Rivers National Park (Australia)
- 47 km
- Queenstown (Australia)
- 25 km
- Ocean Beach (Australia)
- 6 km
- Hogarth Falls (Australia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $715 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 1,280 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 81 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 17 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Taste of Tasmania (6 Days Basix)
Last modified (date)
Why we love it
Is this trip right for you
Food and dietary requirements
What to take
Climate and seasonal
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers