Ultimate Aussie (ex. Sydney) (Gold Coast, Whitsundays Sailing, Melbourne )
- Our saving
- US $ 4,687
- Rather Poor
- LLisaWritten on July 20, 20185.0 - ExcellentMy first time in Australia and I will definitely come back! I started this trip in April 2018 in Melbourne. It was perfect, as for the first two weeks we explored the south and the centre of Australia. Lots of hiking, nature, hidden treasures! At the beginning there was of course lots of other touris (12 Apostels, you can't avoid, I think), but as soon as we went through the outback, we often were the only ones that hiked up a mountain in the morning. Amazing!!! The last two weeks were lots of sun, water, sea, sailing, snorkeling and relaxing. A perfect mix to explore Australia's highlights in "only" one month.Show detailed ratings
- RrhianneWritten on November 13, 20174.5 - ExcellentI did the Ultimate Aussie Adventure starting Sydney finishing Melbourne for 29 days my tour was from the 8th of October and finished 5th Nov. It was an amazing month, went by so fast! The first 2 weeks was on the East Coast of Australia from Sydney to Cairns, we had Anthony as our trip Leader and BB (Big Blake) as the Bus Driver. The coach was great had Air con, usb ports in the middle of the seats to charge our electronics, wi-fi (was ok as most people was using it at the same time). accommodation was fine, my favourite hotels were the Vibe hotel in Surfers Paradise ( clean, has bathroom and balcony view) & the Mantra hotel in Airlie beach ( clean, has bathroom and the beds were super comfy). Anthony was amazing knows what he's doing, knowledgable, organised, reliable and most of all hilarious :D Our group was great we had 21 people (5 M & 16 F) then when we arrived to brisbane 1 M got off and we picked up 6 F, then we had 22 people. then when we got to Airlie beach we picked up 3 more people ( a couple and a girl) so we had 25 people and 1 girl got off at magnetic island. oh also it did rain some days, and we were lucky it cleared up sometimes, but oh well what can you do. My 3rd week was spent in the great Outback, had an internal flight which was on Top Deck, flew from Cairns (picked up with a transfer from the hostel to airport) to Alice Springs with Qantas and breakfast was included, and from the airport we had a transfer to our accommodation (Ibis Styles) which was good. I had Pete as my bus/tour leader for the week, he's nice & knowledgable. our group had around 20 something people and our bus was ok it just had air con. when we did the hikes for Uluru, kata Tjuta and kings canyon we woke up early about 5am unless your with Lisa for that week otherwise you'd wake up earlier Lol. My Last week was with Lisa as our Bus/tour guide, she was great; funny; organised. Drove from Alice Springs through South Australia and finished in Melbourne, bus was same like Pete's but Lisa's bus had reclining seats! :D and our group was great just had 12 people. and accommodation was fine. Was sad to say goodbye as we spent great time being around each other and i did awesome activities through out the whole month. money was well worth it (as there was specials on when i went to book my trip) meant to be haha :) and i shall continue travelling with Top Deck cant wait next year for my Europe trip! :D #LoyalTopDeckerShow detailed ratings
- MNMattWritten on December 16, 20165.0 - ExcellentWhat a month it was!! From start to finish it was full of highlights! An amazing time spent with an equally amazing bunch of people exploring a great country! Can't fault the Topdeck team that made this a truly memorable month!Show detailed ratings
- EHEmilyWritten on October 24, 20164.0 - GoodI wasn't on the ultimate Aussie adventure which started in Melbourne, went up to alicesprings then over to cairns, and ended in Sydney. The whole trip was amazing!!! I had the best time met loads of new people and learn a whole load of new information. It was defiently worth the price and the accommodation was good enough. The east coast part was beautiful, amazing views and accommodation. The islands were just amazing. Everyone got on and had a good laugh. Squatter and Stacey were always around for help and didn't mind helping. Had so much fun with them both and everyone else on. I will defieblty recommend topdeck especially this tour to friends and family back homeShow detailed ratings
- TETristenWritten on May 2, 20164.5 - ExcellentOne of the most amazing experiences of my life. Amazing fun events planned, good food, good friends and an absolutely amazing tour guide who always keeps things exciting and just can always put a smile on your face even through the long bus trips and early morning. Squatter made my Australian adventure one I'll never forget and I would highly recommend anyone to travel with him and to travel with TopdeckShow detailed ratings
- ChristinaWritten on October 21, 20144.0 - GoodThis tour was amazing and I would do it again anytime! Especially on the east coast we did so many things I would have never done by myself and saw so many beautiful places - it exceeded my expectations. The drivers/guides were awesome and did everything to make this a great trip.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Sydney to Surf Camp
- Day 2: Surf Camp to Byron Bay
- Day 3: Byron Bay
- Day 4: Byron Bay to Brisbane
- Day 5: Gold Coast to Fraser Island
- Day 6: Fraser Island
- Day 7: Fraser Island to Farm Stay
- Day 8: Farm Stay
- Day 9: Farm Stay to Whitsundays Sailing
- Day 10: Airlie Beach
- Day 11: Airlie Beach to Magnetic Island
- Day 12: Magnetic Island to Cairns
- Day 13: Cairns
- Day 14: Cairns
- Day 15: Cairns to Alice Springs
- Day 16: Alice Springs to Uluru, Kata-Tjuta NP
- Day 17: Uluru, Kata Tjuta National Park
- Day 18: Uluru to Kings Canyon
- Day 19: Kings Canyon to Alice Springs
- Day 20: West MacDonnell Ranges Alice Springs
- Day 21: Alice Springs to Coober Pedy
- Day 22: Coober Pedy to Flinders Ranges
- Day 23: Flinders Ranges
- Day 24: Flinders Ranges to Adelaide
- Day 25: Adelaide
- Day 26: Adelaide to Mt Gambier
- Day 27: Mt Gambier to Grampains
- Day 28: Grampians to Port Campbell
- Day 29: Port Campbell to Melbourne (Great Ocean Road)
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Australia: See Australia with Topdeck
- Ultimate Australian Adventure - Topdeck Travel
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
What time does the tour depart?
This tour departs at 7.30am in the morning.
What time does the tour end?
The last day, we arrive at Nomads Melbourne Hostel at 7pm staying over night and returning the next day.
Are airport transfers available for this tour?
Topdeck do not offer airport transfers for tours in Australia.
Guides who have led this tour
- "Hello, I've always loved to travel (I'm notching up country number 50 as I write in Guatemala) and I..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Debra2nd June 2018
Ultimate Aussie (ex. Sydney) (Gold Coast, Whitsundays Sailing, Melbourne )
- Upcoming departures
- October 2018
- November 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- SundayOct 14, 2018from Sydney29 DaysSundayNov 11, 2018to MelbourneOnly 3 seats left$312USD $4,687Based on Multi-Share
- SundayNov 11, 2018from Sydney29 DaysSundayDec 9, 2018to Melbourne4 seats left$312USD $4,687Based on Multi-ShareBook Now Hold my
- SundayJan 6, 2019from Sydney29 DaysSundayFeb 3, 2019to Melbourne10+ seats left$312USD $4,687Based on Multi-Share
- SundayFeb 3, 2019from Sydney29 DaysSundayMar 3, 2019to Melbourne6 seats left$312USD $4,687Based on Multi-Share
- SundayMar 3, 2019from Sydney29 DaysSundayMar 31, 2019to Melbourne10+ seats left$312USD $4,687Based on Multi-Share
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Australia. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Australia. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Sydney is the starting point and Melbourne is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Topdeck to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Topdeck booking. The remaining balance is then payable 47 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 10 November 2018 the full payment of $4,687 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $4687 for Ultimate Aussie (ex. Sydney) (Gold Coast, Whitsundays Sailing, Melbourne ), but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Topdeck tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Sydney (Australia)
- 162 km
- Hunter Valley (Australia)
- 253 km
- Crescent Head (Australia)
- 290 km
- Byron Bay (Australia)
- 61 km
- Springbrook (Australia)
- 26 km
- Gold Coast (Australia)
- 71 km
- Brisbane (Australia)
- 231 km
- Fraser Island (Australia)
- 326 km
- Emu Park (Australia)
- 385 km
- Whitsunday Islands (Australia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $4,687 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 958 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 67 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date.
- 6 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Ultimate Aussie (ex. Sydney) (Gold Coast, Whitsundays Sailing, Melbourne )