Red Centre Adventure ex Yulara (Basix)
- Our saving
- US $ 702
- Rather Poor
- MMarcWritten on May 9, 20165.0 - ExcellentI did this trip just after Xmas 2015. Absolutely loved it! We were lucky with the weather and it was not scorching hot and so could do all of the planned walks - Valley of the Winds at Kata Tjuta (The Olgas) and the full Kings Canyon rim walk. Plus there had been a bit of rain so all of the waterholes had enough water to swim in. The Base Walk at Uluru at dawn was a highlight, as well as Kings Canyon. Camping facilities were better than expected, as was the food. Ash, our guide did a sensational job, full of knowledge and interesting stories, plus respect for the aboriginals. I highly recommend this trip!!Show detailed ratings
- CClaireWritten on April 26, 20165.0 - ExcellentTook this trip for New Year's Eve and it was great. The Base Walk at Uluru was a highlight. Having such a massive icon to yourself made getting up at 5am well worth while. Camping facilities were better than expected.Show detailed ratings
- ARAnneWritten on September 10, 20144.5 - ExcellentDebora, our well travelled, Italian born tour guide, did a great job of making all ages (20-72) and nationalities part of one happy group. We all had a great time! Deb certainly knew her stuff and passed on a lot interesting info. The success of any tour relies heavily on the competence of the tour guide. We were lucky to have Debora. As far as itinerary goes, the Red Centre doesn't disappoint. The scenery is dramatic and so different. King's Canyon and Uluru are at the top of my "like" list. They are just beautiful. The day's starts were very early but gave us more time to enjoy the journey rather than feeling rushed. The King's Canyon camp was the best - isolated, peaceful, starry nights and the best location to try sleeping in a swag. This trip (PAY4CY) was not the basic backpacker cheapie, meaning that a host was already at camp with meals prepared ready for our arrival. Special thanks to Angela, our host at KC camp. She was just lovely. Everything done with a smile and lovely food. Intrepid will miss her. On Day 4 Debora gave us the opportunity to choose between the 24km Palm Valley detour, as per the itinerary (2 bumpy 4wd hours each way), or a series of detours to Redbank Gorge, Ormiston Gorge, Ochre Pits and Simpson's Gap. We all voted for the latter and really enjoyed a relaxed, easy day. Some even swam. Good suggestion Deb! Yes, I'd choose Intrepid again. One of our group had done 4 previous trips with them and been happy with all. I'm now looking at Intrepid's S.American options.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Yulara and Uluru
- Day 2: Uluru sunrise
- Day 3: Kings Canyon Rim Walk
- Day 4: The Western MacDonnell Ranges
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Where can I find more detailed information about this tour?
A trip note - which contains essential information about your trip will be given to you. Information such as the daily itinerary, where to meet on the first day, what time the trip starts, how to get to the joining point hotel, included activities, visa information, etc will be mentioned in there. Please contact us for this.
I am interested about booking this trip, however I need to know if this company can accommodate a severe gluten free diet?
We will also advise Intrepid of your severe gluten free diet so they will be able to accommodate your food request.
I have booked a trip with tour radar a few months ago and was able to get a friend to come with me on it. Would that count towards the "recommend a friend" offer that you have?
In your TourRadar Account you will be able to see the Credits that you can use on your next booking - the Credits will be automatically applied.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Desislava12th June 2018
Red Centre Adventure ex Yulara (Basix)
- Upcoming departures
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- MondayJul 23, 2018from Yulara4 DaysThursdayJul 26, 2018to Alice Springs8 seats left$18USD $702
- ThursdayJul 26, 2018from Yulara4 DaysSundayJul 29, 2018to Alice Springs10+ seats left$18USD $702
- SaturdayJul 28, 2018from Yulara4 DaysTuesdayJul 31, 2018to Alice Springs10+ seats left$18USD $702
- MondayJul 30, 2018from Yulara4 DaysThursdayAug 2, 2018to Alice Springs10+ seats left$18USD $702
- ThursdayAug 2, 2018from Yulara4 DaysSundayAug 5, 2018to Alice Springs10+ seats left$18USD $702
- SaturdayAug 4, 2018from Yulara4 DaysTuesdayAug 7, 2018to Alice Springs9 seats left$18USD $702
- MondayAug 6, 2018from Yulara4 DaysThursdayAug 9, 2018to Alice Springs7 seats left$18USD $702
- ThursdayAug 9, 2018from Yulara4 DaysSundayAug 12, 2018to Alice Springs0 seats left$18USD $702Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SaturdayAug 11, 2018from Yulara4 DaysTuesdayAug 14, 2018to Alice Springs9 seats left$18USD $702
- MondayAug 13, 2018from Yulara4 DaysThursdayAug 16, 2018to Alice Springs0 seats left$18USD $702Sold outSee similar tours on this date
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Australia. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Australia. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Yulara is the starting point and Alice Springs is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Intrepid Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $400 to confirm this Intrepid Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 17 September 2018 the full payment of $702 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $702 for Red Centre Adventure ex Yulara (Basix), but the deposit of $400 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Intrepid Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Yulara (Australia)
- 14 km
- Uluru - Kata Tjuta National Park (Australia)
- 137 km
- Watarrka National Park (Australia)
- 243 km
- Alice Springs (Australia)
- 109 km
- MacDonnell Ranges (Australia)
- 109 km
- Alice Springs (Australia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $702 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 937 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 65 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 3 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Red Centre Adventure ex Yulara (Basix)
Last modified (date)
Joining point instructions
Finish point instructions
Why we love it
Is this trip right for you
Food and dietary requirements
What to take
Climate and seasonal
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers