Adelaide to Alice Springs Overland
- Our saving
- US $ 763
- +6 Destinations
- Australian Outback
- Alice Springs
- See Australia's incredible Lake Eyre
- Explore opals in Coober Pedy
- Visit a Kangaroo orphanage
- Experience Australia's red centre, Uluru
- Age range
- 8 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Physical Rating
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural, Adventure, Overland truck, Hiking & Trekking
- Rather Poor
- JZJacintaWritten on September 22, 20184.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
It was the best trip! I absolutely loved it!! I saw so many places and learnt so much history! Loved every minute! And being gluten free, they catered really well for that too! Thank you!
- OO.Written on September 10, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Have to say how much I enjoyed this trip! I'm not going to give too much away but it felt like visiting Australia for the first time (I'm an Australian resident but have lived in a city life mostly). Each day was jam packed with adventure and learning... Read more
- NYNikolaiWritten on September 1, 20184.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
The only complaint I have is about the vegetarian proteins offered. You should try another vendor for the tofu and the mistery pink substance . Both were well below par. There are so many other protein alternatives, beans come to mind
- RebeccaWritten on August 25, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Didn't think I would enjoy myself on this tour but I really did. It has inspired me to see more of my own country. The itinerary included everything I wanted and plenty of spare time. I would have liked time to fly of Kings Canyon but that was a difficult... Read more
- MMMantasWritten on August 22, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Fantastic tour! Our guide Keith was great - helpfull and very interesting listen to. Big thanks for him!
- SMSiobhanWritten on August 21, 20184.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Really good itinerary, some the organisation of activities could have been more organised, same goes for food was sometimes a bit too much and cleaning and cooking crews could've been put into groups so there was no awkwardness later on. Accomodation so... Read more
- CBCourtneyWritten on July 18, 20184.0 - Good
Really great tour! I'm glad I brought extra layers for sleeping at night because it gets a lot colder in the desert than you'd think. I had never heard of King's Canyon before looking into this tour, and it ended up being my favorite stop!Show detailed ratingsIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHi Courtney, thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us. We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time in Australia. We also love it when an unexpected stop becomes your favourite of the entire trip (it happens often!) :) Hope to see you on another trip with us again soon. Kind regards, Intrepid
- FVFruzsinaWritten on April 10, 20184.5 - Excellent
The varied activities and informative walks.Show detailed ratingsIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHi Fruzsina, thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us. We’re delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time in Australia, and we hope to see you on another trip with us again soon! Kind regards, Intrepid
- BEBryanWritten on March 2, 20184.0 - Good
Guide excellent accommodation requires maintainance food good trip overall smashingShow detailed ratingsIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHi Bryan, Thank you for sharing your experience in Australia with us. Receiving feedback from our passengers is great as it helps us to know where we’re meeting or hopefully even exceeding expectations. We’re delighted that you enjoyed your time with us, and we hope to see you on another trip again soon! Kind regards, Intrepid
- SPSamuelWritten on February 3, 20184.5 - Excellent
Intense, hot, amazing sights, Keith was a superb guide. Didn't want the week to end!Show detailed ratingsIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHi Samuel, Thank you for sharing your experience in Australia with us, sounds like you had a wonderful time. We hope to see you on another trip with us again soon for another great week! Kind regards, Intrepid
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Adelaide/Flinders Ranges
- Day 2: Oodnadatta Track/William Creek
- Day 3: Coober Pedy
- Day 4: Coober Pedy / Yulara
- Day 5: Yulara/Uluru
- Day 6: Uluru/Kings Canyon
- Day 7: Kings Canyon/Alice Springs
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Will there be basic facilities while camping?
The camping on this trip will have a basic bathroom and/or shared facilities, however, we can't guarantee things like hot water at all the stops as some of the camping will be quite remote!
What is the age range?
The age range for this tour is 8 and above, meaning that children under 8 will be unable to participate. There are no strict upper age limits however, so if you're comfortable with the itinerary then your welcome to join the tour!
Do you cater for dietary needs?
Of course that is fine, special diets on tour are common and easily accommodated. Please let us know the requirements at the time of booking and we will ensure the tour operator is aware.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Victoria8th April 2018
Adelaide to Alice Springs Overland
- Upcoming departures
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- WednesdayNov 21, 2018from Adelaide7 DaysTuesdayNov 27, 2018to Alice Springs0 seats left$32USD $763Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- WednesdayNov 28, 2018from Adelaide7 DaysTuesdayDec 4, 2018to Alice Springs10+ seats left$32USD $763
- WednesdayDec 5, 2018from Adelaide7 DaysTuesdayDec 11, 2018to Alice Springs8 seats left$32USD $763
- WednesdayDec 12, 2018from Adelaide7 DaysTuesdayDec 18, 2018to Alice SpringsOnly 3 seats left$32USD $763
- WednesdayDec 19, 2018from Adelaide7 DaysTuesdayDec 25, 2018to Alice Springs10+ seats left$32USD $763
- WednesdayDec 26, 2018from Adelaide7 DaysTuesdayJan 1, 2019to Alice Springs10+ seats left$32USD $763
- WednesdayJan 2, 2019from Adelaide7 DaysTuesdayJan 8, 2019to Alice Springs10+ seats left$32USD $763
- WednesdayJan 9, 2019from Adelaide7 DaysTuesdayJan 15, 2019to Alice Springs10+ seats left$32USD $763
- WednesdayJan 16, 2019from Adelaide7 DaysTuesdayJan 22, 2019to Alice Springs10+ seats left$32USD $763Instant BookHold my
- WednesdayJan 23, 2019from Adelaide7 DaysTuesdayJan 29, 2019to Alice Springs10+ seats left$32USD $763Instant BookHold my
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Australia. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Australia. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Adelaide is the starting point and Alice Springs is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Intrepid Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $400 to confirm this Intrepid Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 17 January 2019 the full payment of $763 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $763 for Adelaide to Alice Springs Overland, but the deposit of $400 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Intrepid Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Adelaide (Australia)
- 395 km
- Flinders Ranges (Australia)
- 351 km
- William Creek (Australia)
- 154 km
- Coober Pedy (Australia)
- 451 km
- Erldunda (Australia)
- 222 km
- Uluru - Kata Tjuta National Park (Australia)
- 134 km
- Kings Canyon (Australia)
- 248 km
- Alice Springs (Australia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $763 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 1,049 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 73 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 12 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Adelaide to Alice Springs Overland
Last modified (date)
Joining point instructions
Finish point instructions
Why we love it
Is this trip right for you
Food and dietary requirements
What to take
Climate and seasonal
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers