Adelaide to Alice Springs Overland
- Our saving
- US $ 763
- +6 Destinations
- Australian Outback
- Alice Springs
- See Australia's incredible Lake Eyre
- Explore opals in Coober Pedy
- Visit a Kangaroo orphanage
- Experience Australia's red centre, Uluru
- Age range
- 8 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Physical Rating
- Rather Poor
- FVFruzsinaWritten on April 10, 20184.5 - ExcellentThe varied activities and informative walks.Show detailed ratingsIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHi Fruzsina, thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us. We’re delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time in Australia, and we hope to see you on another trip with us again soon! Kind regards, Intrepid
- BEBryanWritten on March 2, 20184.0 - GoodGuide excellent accommodation requires maintainance food good trip overall smashingShow detailed ratingsIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHi Bryan, Thank you for sharing your experience in Australia with us. Receiving feedback from our passengers is great as it helps us to know where we’re meeting or hopefully even exceeding expectations. We’re delighted that you enjoyed your time with us, and we hope to see you on another trip again soon! Kind regards, Intrepid
- SPSamuelWritten on February 3, 20184.5 - ExcellentIntense, hot, amazing sights, Keith was a superb guide. Didn't want the week to end!Show detailed ratingsIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHi Samuel, Thank you for sharing your experience in Australia with us, sounds like you had a wonderful time. We hope to see you on another trip with us again soon for another great week! Kind regards, Intrepid
- AllisonWritten on November 20, 20174.0 - GoodGreat experience full of challenging moments intended to stretch ones comfort zone to its limits (YOLO)! One tour guide for such a huge group was pretty impressive! Rachael drove us, cooked for us, organized us, befriended us and genuinely cared about our having a good time. She was passionate about the Outback and knew tons about the wildlife therein. Swag camping left much to be desired as did the repetitive food choices and eating of food given the amount provided. Plenty of potty stops were made so we were comfortable chugging water as one must in inch temperatures. Definitely worth the money spent!Show detailed ratings
- MaddyWritten on July 6, 20154.5 - ExcellentThe tour was fabulous and covered some really great sites on a wonderful route. Dave (our guide) was knowledgeable and handled the long days of driving really well. He also provided some of the best food I've ever had on a tour! However, I feel like we could have had a more welcoming start to the tour. We didn't even learn Dave's name til halfway through the first day and it took several days before we had all been introduced to one another. A few icebreaker games in the morning on the bus or at the first couple of pit stops would be really beneficial. Dave had a lot of patience with us often being late but I think he should maybe also encourage us to move seats around the bus so that everyone could have a go sitting towards the front with the decent window views. But a great trip and Dave is such a wonderful gentleman!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Adelaide/Flinders Ranges
- Day 2: Oodnadatta Track/William Creek
- Day 3: Coober Pedy
- Day 4: Coober Pedy / Yulara
- Day 5: Yulara/Uluru
- Day 6: Uluru/Kings Canyon
- Day 7: Kings Canyon/Alice Springs
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- February 1, 2017
What is the age limit on this tour?
This particular tour has an age limit of up to 70 years old.
- December 1, 2016
I was wondering if you cater for dietary needs ?
Of course that is fine, special diets on tour are common and easily accommodated. Please let us know the requirements at the time of booking and we will ensure the tour operator is aware.
- June 1, 2016
I want to clarify the accommodation conditions. Are there included one or more nights accommodation in sleeping bags in open air (the so called "Under Stars")?
As this is a Basix tour with intrepid the accommodation will largely consist of permanent twin share tents. And you have the option of sleeping in a swag under the stars. Please see the accommodation details as per the trip notes below.
Camping (with basic facilities) (1nt), Camping (with shared facilities) (1nt), Permanent tented camp (with shared facilities) (3nt), Underground Multishare (1nt)
BASIX accommodation is available on this trip. Basix accommodation consists of simple permanent twin share tents with single sleeping platforms. Each sleeping platform has a rubber sleeping mat, we also have swags (Aussie bed rolls) available at our campsites if you would like to experience sleeping in a swag. You will need to bring your own sleeping bag or pre-purchase one.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Amanda15th May 2018
Adelaide to Alice Springs Overland
- Upcoming departures
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- WednesdayMay 30, 2018from Adelaide7 DaysTuesdayJun 5, 2018to Alice Springs10+ seats left$32USD $763
- WednesdayJun 6, 2018from Adelaide7 DaysTuesdayJun 12, 2018to Alice Springs10+ seats left$32USD $763
- WednesdayJun 13, 2018from Adelaide7 DaysTuesdayJun 19, 2018to Alice Springs10+ seats left$32USD $763
- WednesdayJun 20, 2018from Adelaide7 DaysTuesdayJun 26, 2018to Alice Springs10+ seats left$32USD $763
- WednesdayJun 27, 2018from Adelaide7 DaysTuesdayJul 3, 2018to Alice Springs6 seats left$32USD $763
- WednesdayJul 4, 2018from Adelaide7 DaysTuesdayJul 10, 2018to Alice Springs10+ seats left$32USD $763
- WednesdayJul 11, 2018from Adelaide7 DaysTuesdayJul 17, 2018to Alice Springs10+ seats left$32USD $763
- WednesdayJul 18, 2018from Adelaide7 DaysTuesdayJul 24, 2018to Alice Springs10+ seats left$32USD $763
- WednesdayJul 25, 2018from Adelaide7 DaysTuesdayJul 31, 2018to Alice Springs10+ seats left$32USD $763
- WednesdayAug 1, 2018from Adelaide7 DaysTuesdayAug 7, 2018to Alice Springs10+ seats left$32USD $763
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Australia. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Australia. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Adelaide is the starting point and Alice Springs is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Intrepid Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $400 to confirm this Intrepid Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 21 July 2018 the full payment of $763 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $763 for Adelaide to Alice Springs Overland, but the deposit of $400 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Intrepid Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Adelaide (Australia)
- 395 km
- Flinders Ranges (Australia)
- 351 km
- William Creek (Australia)
- 154 km
- Coober Pedy (Australia)
- 451 km
- Erldunda (Australia)
- 222 km
- Uluru - Kata Tjuta National Park (Australia)
- 134 km
- Kings Canyon (Australia)
- 248 km
- Alice Springs (Australia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $763 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 817 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 54 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 5 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Adelaide to Alice Springs Overland
Last modified (date)
Joining point instructions
Why we love it
Is this trip right for you
Food and dietary requirements
What to take
Climate and seasonal
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers