Adelaide to Alice Springs Overland
- Our saving
- US $ 700
- JUST PAY $99 DEPOSIT TODAY
- +6 Destinations
- Australian Outback
- Alice Springs
- See Australia's incredible Lake Eyre
- Explore opals in Coober Pedy
- Visit a Kangaroo orphanage
- Experience Australia's red centre, Uluru
- Age range
- 8 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Physical Rating
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural, Overland truck, Hiking & Trekking, Christmas & New Year
- Rather Poor
- JessicaWritten on March 20, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
I had the best week of my life on this outback tour! I was terrified as id never been camping in my life let alone the outback but had the most amazing week with the best people - our guide Kieran was incredible and he really made the trip! The meals were... Read more
- AAnonymousWritten on January 2, 20194.5 - Excellent
If you are looking for a 5 star trip this isn't for you. If you want the experience of a life time with an awesome guide then book this.Show detailed ratingsIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewThank you for the review, for us it is all about the experience. We pride ourselves in making sure our local leaders add value to each and every trip, its great to hear that your leader did just that.... Rest assured that you will feel the same on your next Intrepid trip :-)
- NeliaWritten on November 28, 20184.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Thanks Clare!!! For taking care of us - driving, cooking, guide and so much more!!
- JZJacintaWritten on September 22, 20184.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
It was the best trip! I absolutely loved it!! I saw so many places and learnt so much history! Loved every minute! And being gluten free, they catered really well for that too! Thank you!
- OO.Written on September 10, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Have to say how much I enjoyed this trip! I'm not going to give too much away but it felt like visiting Australia for the first time (I'm an Australian resident but have lived in a city life mostly). Each day was jam packed with adventure and learning... Read more
- NYNikolaiWritten on September 1, 20184.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
The only complaint I have is about the vegetarian proteins offered. You should try another vendor for the tofu and the mistery pink substance . Both were well below par. There are so many other protein alternatives, beans come to mind
- RebeccaWritten on August 25, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Didn't think I would enjoy myself on this tour but I really did. It has inspired me to see more of my own country. The itinerary included everything I wanted and plenty of spare time. I would have liked time to fly of Kings Canyon but that was a difficult... Read more
- MMMantasWritten on August 22, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Fantastic tour! Our guide Keith was great - helpfull and very interesting listen to. Big thanks for him!
- SMSiobhanWritten on August 21, 20184.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Really good itinerary, some the organisation of activities could have been more organised, same goes for food was sometimes a bit too much and cleaning and cooking crews could've been put into groups so there was no awkwardness later on. Accomodation so... Read more
- CBCourtneyWritten on July 18, 20184.0 - Good
Really great tour! I'm glad I brought extra layers for sleeping at night because it gets a lot colder in the desert than you'd think. I had never heard of King's Canyon before looking into this tour, and it ended up being my favorite stop!Show detailed ratingsIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHi Courtney, thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us. We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time in Australia. We also love it when an unexpected stop becomes your favourite of the entire trip (it happens often!) :) Hope to see you on another trip with us again soon. Kind regards, Intrepid
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Adelaide/Flinders Ranges
- Day 2: Oodnadatta Track/William Creek
- Day 3: Coober Pedy
- Day 4: Coober Pedy / Yulara
- Day 5: Yulara/Uluru
- Day 6: Uluru/Kings Canyon
- Day 7: Kings Canyon/Alice Springs
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Will there be basic facilities while camping?
The camping on this trip will have a basic bathroom and/or shared facilities, however, we can't guarantee things like hot water at all the stops as some of the camping will be quite remote!
What is the age range?
The age range for this tour is 8 and above, meaning that children under 8 will be unable to participate. There are no strict upper age limits however, so if you're comfortable with the itinerary then your welcome to join the tour!
Do you cater for dietary needs?
Of course that is fine, special diets on tour are common and easily accommodated. Please let us know the requirements at the time of booking and we will ensure the tour operator is aware.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Jennifer, 59 years old26th September 2018
Adelaide to Alice Springs Overland
- Upcoming departures
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- WednesdayMar 27, 2019from Adelaide7 DaysTuesdayApr 2, 2019to Alice Springs10+ seats left$21USD $824
- WednesdayApr 3, 2019from Adelaide7 DaysTuesdayApr 9, 2019to Alice Springs10+ seats left$21USD $824
- WednesdayApr 10, 2019from Adelaide7 DaysTuesdayApr 16, 2019to Alice Springs10+ seats left$21USD $824
- WednesdayApr 17, 2019from Adelaide7 DaysTuesdayApr 23, 2019to Alice Springs0 seats left$21USD $824Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- WednesdayApr 24, 2019from Adelaide7 DaysTuesdayApr 30, 2019to Alice Springs10+ seats left$145$845-17%USD $700
- WednesdayMay 1, 2019from Adelaide7 DaysTuesdayMay 7, 2019to Alice Springs10+ seats left$21USD $824
- WednesdayMay 8, 2019from Adelaide7 DaysTuesdayMay 14, 2019to Alice Springs10+ seats left$21USD $824
- WednesdayMay 15, 2019from Adelaide7 DaysTuesdayMay 21, 2019to Alice Springs10+ seats left$21USD $824
- WednesdayMay 22, 2019from Adelaide7 DaysTuesdayMay 28, 2019to Alice Springs10+ seats left$21USD $824Instant BookHold my
- WednesdayMay 29, 2019from Adelaide7 DaysTuesdayJun 4, 2019to Alice Springs10+ seats left$21USD $824Instant BookHold my
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Australia. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Australia. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Adelaide is the starting point and Alice Springs is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Intrepid Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $99 to confirm this Intrepid Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 21 May 2019 the full payment of $700 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $700 for Adelaide to Alice Springs Overland, but the deposit of $99 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Intrepid Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Adelaide (Australia)
- 395 km
- Flinders Ranges (Australia)
- 351 km
- William Creek (Australia)
- 154 km
- Coober Pedy (Australia)
- 451 km
- Erldunda (Australia)
- 222 km
- Uluru - Kata Tjuta National Park (Australia)
- 134 km
- Kings Canyon (Australia)
- 248 km
- Alice Springs (Australia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $700 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 1,289 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 82 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 14 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Adelaide to Alice Springs Overland
Last modified (date)
Joining point instructions
Finish point instructions
Why we love it
Is this trip right for you
Food and dietary requirements
What to take
Climate and seasonal
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers