Simply Italy (Winter)
- Experience Rome’s rich history
- Cruise along the Bay of Naples
- Explore the famous canals of Venice
- Discover the beauty of Lake Garda
- Age range
- 18 to 35 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- LCLainiWritten on February 14, 20164.0 - GoodI loved how much we got to see in such a short time !!Show detailed ratings
- TaraWritten on December 28, 20154.5 - ExcellentBefore our trip began, we had a few misgivings that made us question our decision to book with Contiki. Both the Tourradar and Contiki websites stated that twin or triple share rooms came standard with this trip. As we were booking as a married couple (ie. two people), it would make sense that we were booked into a twin share room--together. Nope. We didn't find out until post-payment that we had been placed in same sex triple share rooms. It was then quite a bit of hassle to have them change our room to the supposedly standard twin share room. At first, we were told that we would have to pay double the price for our trip if we wanted a room together. However, after several days and phone conversations, we were offered a twin share room for $100 more, each. Still unacceptable for something that is supposedly standard, but more acceptable than paying double the price for our trip. As for the trip itself, it was an incredible experience. Our tour director, Giuseppe, was passionate and knowledgeable, and truly cared about everything that he did. He made sure that we were informed about everything that we were doing, or could do, and he was always concerned about us having the best possible experience. Our driver, Gennaro, was awesome, as well. Safety was his utmost concern, and he navigated Italy spectacularly. The only minor detractor from the trip, was that the tour group was very large--46 people. This made it difficult when it came to sightseeing tour situations. You couldn't see much of anything, or you fell behind if you tried. As well, the mix of people in the group quickly became polarized. We had a lot of very young people in our group, who were most concerned about getting as drunk as possible, and it detracted from full group meals when people were shouting "CHUG, CHUG, CHUG" and downing bottles of wine at a time. At 28 and 30, my husband and I did not think that we would be too old to enjoy this trip, but we also did not anticipate the dangerous drinking culture that quickly evolved. Overall, our trip to Italy was spectacular, and the few detractors that arose were not enough to put a damper on our overall experience. This was a well run, well designed trip that allowed us to see a lot of Italy in a short time.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive Rome
- Day 2: Rome to Sorrento
- Day 3: Capri Excursion
- Day 4: Sorrento to Florence
- Day 5: Florence
- Day 6: Florence to Venice
- Day 7: Venice
- Day 8: Venice to Milan
- Day 9: Milan to La Spezia
- Day 10: La Spezia to Rome
- Day 11: Rome
- Day 12: Depart Rome
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Optional Extras
- In-Depth Explorer: live like a local with Contiki
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- October 1, 2016
What is the group size?
The average group size of this trip is usually 30-50
- October 1, 2016
Is this tour guided throughout?
Yes that's correct- included in the price of the tour is your Tour Manager who will stay with the group for the duration of the tour.
- June 1, 2016
If you are travelling as a couple, can you make sure that you are sharing a room with each other and no one else?
You can, the best way to arrange this is to book together on the same booking number, and we can ensure you are roomed together.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Gemma, 31 years old7th April 2017
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Rome.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Contiki to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Contiki booking. The remaining balance is then payable 45 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 1 December 2017 the full payment of $0 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $0 for Simply Italy (Winter), but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Contiki tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Rome (Italy)
- 189 km
- Naples (Italy)
- 23 km
- Pompei (Italy)
- 17 km
- Sorrento (Italy)
- 15 km
- Capri (Italy)
- 15 km
- Sorrento (Italy)
- 434 km
- Florence (Italy)
- 186 km
- Verona (Italy)
- 103 km
- Venice (Italy)
- 244 km
- Milan (Italy)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $0 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 6,426 tours in Europe
- covered by 165 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date.
- 28,111 travellers have already met
before they left for their Europe tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 2 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Simply Italy (Winter)