Reefs And Rainforests (Start Sydney)
- Our saving
- US $ 2,308
- +8 Destinations
- East Australia
- Take a surf lesson with a local pro
- Party in the clubs at Surfers Paradise
- Go on a 4WD tour of Fraser Island
- Scuba dive on the Great Barrier Reef
- Age range
- 18 to 35 year olds
- Hostel, Hotel, Home-stay, Lodge, Guesthouse, Resort
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- PPPatrickWritten on April 10, 20164.5 - ExcellentThe trip was really good fun and met a lot of good fun people, the activities were exactly what I wanted to do. Our tour guid was passionate about his job and created a fun environment for the group and helped if we had any problems. The coach we drive on was very good, nice, clean and comfortable.Show detailed ratings
- MMMelissaWritten on April 4, 20164.5 - ExcellentFantastic tour, had the best time ever!! Starting in Sydney was great as we could acclimatise to the heat gradually as we drive up the coast.Show detailed ratings
- KSKimWritten on April 2, 20165.0 - Excellenttrys was absolutely amazing as our tour guide! everything he did was incredible and it was a big part of my trip!Show detailed ratings
- SBStephenWritten on April 2, 20165.0 - ExcellentI've taken many tours but this one was the high light of my life. Went on our honeymoon with my pregnant wife and every accommodation was made for us by this amazing tour guide. Even though tour was for a younger crowd still felt that we belong. He made the extra effort to make sure everyone was taken care of. Had endless enthusiasm even when talking about places he had been at countless times before. Even answering my silly questions with a humorous wit. He didnt make this just a tour but a vacation with long lasting friends and memories that will keep me smiling for the rest of my life. I can't think of another person that deserves this nomination more. I wish him the best of luck in his long life journey where ever that may take him.Show detailed ratings
- MMelanieWritten on April 2, 20164.0 - GoodAmazing tour, great people even better tour guide. Quite a few thing went wrong on the tour that were completely out of the control of our tour guide, for example our transport broke down on our way to fraiser island and we were left stranded for over 3 hours but Tyrs made the experience some of the best memories My friends and I had of the whole trip. No matter the obstacles Trys was able to handle it smoothly most of the time without us realising there was even an issue. The accomodation was fantastic at every location never an issue that I was aware of. Trys knowledge and relationships with the people we met at every stop made us feel welcome and confident to enjoy everything each location had ti offer. I am writing this review because although the trip was an outstanding experience I beleive it would have been severly hampered if it wasn't for the constant good spirits, lighthartedness, optimism and professionalism of Trys. He definatley deserves a medal for the things he had to put up with from the 45+ 18-35 year old toddlers he had to herd for the 3 weeks we had with him.Show detailed ratings
- LWLauraWritten on April 1, 20165.0 - ExcellentThis was the best experience I could of ever imagined. It exceeded my expectations and more. The people I met will be friends for life and my tour guide was one in a million. Such a down to earth guy who does so much for other people. I wouldn't have wanted anyone different to have taken my tour of a lifetime..Show detailed ratings
- KPKerryWritten on April 1, 20165.0 - ExcellentAbsolutely amazing trip ! Did so much in the space of 16 Days and Try's never failed to keep us all entertained ! If we had a question or literally anything, Try's would know the answer or find out for us straight away! Such a fun trip and I'd go back in an instant!!!!Show detailed ratings
- JKJaimeWritten on April 1, 20164.5 - Excellentthe trip was amazing, but I don't think it would have been half as incrediblewithout Trys. My wife and I took our trip to Australia and Trys did everything within his power to make our stay extra special. At every Stop he inquired about upgrading our room since we were on our honeymoon and at one stop there was a bottle of wine on the bed with a handwritten note saying enjoy your stay, whether that was Trys' doing or not he had a hand in it. And as thoughtful and generous as he was to my wife and I, his compassion and generosity to other members of our tour was clearly evident as well. Trys was and without a doubt will most likely be the best tour guide I will ever have in my travels. My only regret is that I was spoiled with such an amazing tour guide so early in my life and travels that I may never feel the same about a trip again.Show detailed ratings
- AAmieWritten on April 1, 20165.0 - ExcellentIt was an amazing experience - the views were beautiful and I got the opportunity to do things I never thought I would.Show detailed ratings
- LGLeylaWritten on April 1, 20165.0 - ExcellentThis tour was the best experience of my life. I ticked off so many of my bucket list activities, many of which were included in the tour price! Our group with Trys Eddy was so much fun we all became good friends instantly. Trys was super organised and great fun to be around, the tour wouldn't have been the same without him. I'd definitely do a contiki tour again.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Sydney
- Day 2: Sydney
- Day 3: Sydney to Coffs Harbour
- Day 4: Coffs Harbour to Byron Bay
- Day 5: Byron Bay to Surfers Paradise
- Day 6: Surfers Paradise
- Day 7: Surfers Paradise to Noosa
- Day 8: Noosa
- Day 9: Noosa to Farmstay
- Day 10 - 12: Farmstay to the Whitsundays
- Day 12: The Whitsundays to Cairns
- Day 13 - 15: Cairns
- Day 15: Cairns to Cape Tribulation
- Day 16: Cape Tribulation to Cairns
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Optional Extras
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- November 22, 2016
What if I have special dietary needs?
This tour offers Vegetarian, Vegan, Halal and Kosher food options on request. Simply let our Customer Support team know the food option that you prefer.
- November 22, 2016
How much free time will I have?
These trips are designed so that you will have lots of free time to do your own thing. Not only is free time scheduled, but you can venture off on your own at any point during the trip.
- November 22, 2016
Do I need to fulfill health requirements before travelling?
You should seek medical advice before travelling to Australia from your local health practitioner, especially if traveling through wilderness areas or if you will be in close proximity to wildlife, and ensure that you receive all of the appropriate vaccinations. As a guide Hepatitis A, Japanese Encephalitis, Rabies, and Yellow Fever are recommended. You are also advised to take anti-Malarial medication.
Guides who have led this tour
- "I'm a born and bred Aussie, who has been living this crazy nomadic lifestyle of a Tour Manager for the..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Janice22nd December 2017
Reefs And Rainforests (Start Sydney)
- Upcoming departures
- March 2018
- April 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- SundayMar 11, 2018from Sydney16 DaysMondayMar 26, 2018to Cairns0 seats left$69USD $2,779Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SundayApr 8, 2018from Sydney16 DaysMondayApr 23, 2018to Cairns8 seats left$479$2,795-15%USD $2,376
- SundayJun 3, 2018from Sydney16 DaysMondayJun 18, 2018to Cairns9 seats left$479$2,795-15%USD $2,376
- SundayJul 1, 2018from Sydney16 DaysMondayJul 16, 2018to Cairns10+ seats left$465$2,715-15%USD $2,308
- SundayJul 29, 2018from Sydney16 DaysMondayAug 13, 2018to Cairns10+ seats left$465$2,715-15%USD $2,308
- SundayAug 26, 2018from Sydney16 DaysMondaySep 10, 2018to Cairns10+ seats left$68USD $2,715
- SundaySep 2, 2018from Sydney16 DaysMondaySep 17, 2018to Cairns9 seats left$68USD $2,715
- SundaySep 23, 2018from Sydney16 DaysMondayOct 8, 2018to Cairns10+ seats left$68USD $2,715
- SundaySep 30, 2018from Sydney16 DaysMondayOct 15, 2018to Cairns9 seats left$68USD $2,715
- SundayOct 21, 2018from Sydney16 DaysMondayNov 5, 2018to Cairns10+ seats left$68USD $2,715
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Australia. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Australia. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Sydney is the starting point and Cairns is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Contiki to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Contiki booking. The remaining balance is then payable 45 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 10 April 2018 the full payment of $2,308 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2308 for Reefs And Rainforests (Start Sydney), but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Contiki tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Sydney (Australia)
- 437 km
- Coffs Harbour (Australia)
- 190 km
- Byron Bay (Australia)
- 74 km
- Surfers Paradise (Australia)
- 182 km
- Noosa (Australia)
- 112 km
- Fraser Island (Australia)
- 707 km
- Whitsunday Islands (Australia)
- 500 km
- Cairns (Australia)
- 99 km
- Cape Tribulation (Australia)
- 99 km
- Cairns (Australia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,308 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 923 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 54 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date.
- 14 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Reefs And Rainforests (Start Sydney)