Reefs And Rainforests (Start Sydney - Until Mar 2019)
- Our saving
- US $ 2,859
- +8 Destinations
- East Australia
- Snorkel and see the colours of the Great Barrier Reef.
- Relax on the white sandy beaches of the Whitsundays.
- Try your hand at some good country whip cracking.
- Indulge in home cooked damper and party outback style.
- Watch Instagram likes soar with a snap of Fraser Island.
- Release your inner party animal at Surfer’s Paradise.
- Age range
- 18 to 35 year olds
- Hostel, Hotel, Home-stay, Lodge, Guesthouse, Resort
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Coach / Bus
- Travel style
- Rather Poor
- TBTommyWritten on January 2, 20192.0 - Rather poorShow detailed ratings
Better standard of accommodation, several places filthy and not acceptable in respect of price paid or advertised tour. More variety of food , healthy options. Option to choose who you share with after a couple of days. Without the added excursions it would... Read more
- LSLouiseWritten on December 11, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Everything about it was amazing! Jill our guide was Great, Rhys the driver was a great laugh. Wonderful group of people. Just was everything i expected and more!
- PPPatrickWritten on April 10, 20164.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
The trip was really good fun and met a lot of good fun people, the activities were exactly what I wanted to do. Our tour guid was passionate about his job and created a fun environment for the group and helped if we had any problems. The coach we drive on... Read more
- MMMelissaWritten on April 4, 20164.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Fantastic tour, had the best time ever!! Starting in Sydney was great as we could acclimatise to the heat gradually as we drive up the coast.
- KSKimWritten on April 2, 20165.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
trys was absolutely amazing as our tour guide! everything he did was incredible and it was a big part of my trip!
- SBStephenWritten on April 2, 20165.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
I've taken many tours but this one was the high light of my life. Went on our honeymoon with my pregnant wife and every accommodation was made for us by this amazing tour guide. Even though tour was for a younger crowd still felt that we belong. He made the... Read more
- MMelanieWritten on April 2, 20164.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Amazing tour, great people even better tour guide. Quite a few thing went wrong on the tour that were completely out of the control of our tour guide, for example our transport broke down on our way to fraiser island and we were left stranded for over 3... Read more
- LWLauraWritten on April 1, 20165.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
This was the best experience I could of ever imagined. It exceeded my expectations and more. The people I met will be friends for life and my tour guide was one in a million. Such a down to earth guy who does so much for other people. I wouldn't have wanted... Read more
- KPKerryWritten on April 1, 20165.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Absolutely amazing trip ! Did so much in the space of 16 Days and Try's never failed to keep us all entertained ! If we had a question or literally anything, Try's would know the answer or find out for us straight away! Such a fun trip and I'd go back in an... Read more
- JKJaimeWritten on April 1, 20164.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
the trip was amazing, but I don't think it would have been half as incrediblewithout Trys. My wife and I took our trip to Australia and Trys did everything within his power to make our stay extra special. At every Stop he inquired about upgrading our room... Read more
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive Sydney
- Day 2: Sydney
- Day 3: Sydney to Coffs Harbour
- Day 4: Coffs Harbour to Byron Bay
- Day 5: Byron Bay to Surfers Paradise
- Day 6: Surfers Paradise including Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary
- Day 7: Surfers Paradise to Noosa
- Day 8: Noosa
- Day 9: Noosa to Farmstay
- Day 10: Farmstay to the Whitsundays
- Day 11: The Whitsundays
- Day 12: The Whitsundays to Cairns
- Day 13: Cairns
- Day 14: Cairns
- Day 15: Cairns to Cape Tribulation
- Day 16: Cape Tribulation to Cairns
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Travel Isn't About Where You Go...
- Contiki Experiences
- Contiki Munch
- Europe Summer Team
- Contiki Accomodation
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
When and where does the tour end?
This tour generally concludes at Gilligan`s Backpackers Hostel in Cairns at 4 pm on the last day of the tour. It's time to say farewell to your newfound friends and continue your travels! Please be aware that the drop-off point is subject to change until your final documents are released.
When and where does the tour start?
The first day of the tour generally starts from Wake up in Sydney at 7 am. Due to the early start, we recommend arriving at least one day prior to the tour to settle in and get ready for your upcoming adventure! Please be aware the starting hotel is subject to change until your final documents are released.
Do you arrange airport transfers?
Unfortunately, airport transfers are not available for this tour and you will, therefore, have to make your own way from and to the airport.
Guides who have led this tour
- "I'm a born and bred Aussie, who has been living this crazy nomadic lifestyle of a Tour Manager for the..."
- "Australian working as a tour guide around Europe for the love of the people, food, music and art it shows..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Debra24th November 2018
Reefs And Rainforests (Start Sydney - Until Mar 2019)
- Upcoming departures
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- SundayMar 10, 2019from Sydney16 DaysMondayMar 25, 2019to CairnsOnly 1 seat left$114USD $2,859
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Australia. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Australia. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Sydney is the starting point and Cairns is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Contiki to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Contiki booking. The remaining balance is then payable 45 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 4 April 2019 the full payment of $2,859 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2859 for Reefs And Rainforests (Start Sydney - Until Mar 2019), but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Contiki tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Sydney (Australia)
- 437 km
- Coffs Harbour (Australia)
- 190 km
- Byron Bay (Australia)
- 74 km
- Surfers Paradise (Australia)
- 182 km
- Noosa (Australia)
- 112 km
- Fraser Island (Australia)
- 707 km
- Whitsunday Islands (Australia)
- 500 km
- Cairns (Australia)
- 99 km
- Cape Tribulation (Australia)
- 99 km
- Cairns (Australia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,859 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 1,270 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 82 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date.
- 16 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Reefs And Rainforests (Start Sydney - Until Mar 2019)