European Encounter (Winter) Until Feb
- Marvel at wondrous Lake Lucerne
- Explore Venice's labyrinth of waterways
- Wind along the French Riviera coast
- View iconic Paris atop the Eiffel Tower
- Age range
- 18 to 35 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- LLeenaWritten on April 6, 20175.0 - ExcellentMe & my partner had lots of expectations from this tour..European encounter... but this trip went far beyond that.. It was such an amazing experience that I referred the tour to so many friends. The reason,this tour was soo exciting because of megs of course... she was so passionate about the places we were going & made sure that everyone enjoyed it. Always helpful & bubbling with laughter.. like sunshine... I would definitely like to go with megs again for next contiki..Show detailed ratings
- ZFZoranWritten on April 5, 20175.0 - ExcellentHands down best trip of my life! At first I was sceptical to see 11 countries in such short time, not knowing what to expect from Hotels, people on the bus, travelling solo. However as soon as I met up with tour manager and our group everything was so easy and comfortable. Every day was planned out perfectly, your only responsibility is to show up on the bus on time. Everyone got along like a family. Accommodations were definitely more than what I expected. The included meals and excursions were amazing. I could go on and on about the positives of this trip, but would probably turn into writing a book! :) I don't have one regret, or any complaints when it came to this Contiki trip. Would do it over and over again, and never get bored! Met some of the most amazing people, that will probably be long life friends. Already planning other vacations together! Megs was the best tour manager we could have asked for, if it wasn't for her the trip would not have been what it turned out to be! Everything was always planned out, every day laid out with times and what we do in each location. Megs always had positive energy no matter what and made the atmosphere on the bus and off the bus that much better with her high energy and her presence! She was very knowledgeable when it come to history of every place and could assist you with any question that you had. If i wanted to do something on my own in a city she would plan ahead and let me know where I can go see it and how to get there. I would definitely do another Contiki especially with Megs as tour manager! She always went above and beyond for every single person on our bus, and made every situation that much more easier and more fun. Thank you for everything Megs, hope to see you again!!Show detailed ratings
- LLipeeWritten on April 4, 20174.5 - ExcellentI booked my trip last minute not knowing what to expect. I was really nervous on the first day but Megs was amazing and made this an unforgettable trip! She was cheerful and had a great attitude everyday. She always went out of her way to help everyone. Everyday when she talked on the microphone were some of the best moments on the trip. She would make you laugh so hard that you cried. If I book another trip though Contiki I would 200% want Megs to be my Trip Manager!Show detailed ratings
- FFrankWritten on May 25, 20165.0 - ExcellentWent on tour with this guy and he had us all convinced the eifle tower had Windows. Was funny in general. Another stand out moment was when he convinced us some rocks near the French ferry port was painted white and asked us what type of white it was. After many guesses he revealed it was gullible white. Got us pretty good.Show detailed ratings
- RRebeccaWritten on May 20, 20164.5 - ExcellentI went on this tour in 2014 on my own having never traveled on my own either! However I learnt so much not only about myself but about the history of beautiful landmarks all over Europe! This was all because of my amazing tour guide Megs! She had such a bright, bubbly personality with such an incredible passion for the history of the places we went to and the importance of a particular spot and landmark! She had all the knowledge of how long it had been there, why it was put there and why it was what it was!!! her passion for the history made me have a the same passion! I spent my last week in London after the tour in bookshops buying books to read on the plane ride back to Australia!! I am still learning about European history to this day! I can't get enough!! Megs made it so interesting she had costumes and so so so much knowledge of every single place!! If there was anything else we needed or wanted to do we asked her and she knew exactly where we needed to go! But if she didn't she found out and got back to us within the hour! I wanted to do a French cooking class and she went and did the research for me! I can not thank, appreciate and adore Megs enough for the trip she took us on! She absolutely made the trip!Show detailed ratings
- JJaredWritten on May 9, 20162.5 - Averagefun trip dodgy guidesShow detailed ratings
- EemmaWritten on December 16, 20145.0 - ExcellentGreat tour with the hands down, bar none, absolute best tour manager and driver on the planet. Chloe was informative and caring and kept us all together while touring so much so that our entire group became like a big family. Couldn't have imagined the trip without her knowledge and punny jokes. Garth our driver, hats off to that cool cat for getting us 5000kms safely and through some of the craziest traffic without incident! Love my contiki family!! XxShow detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: London to Amsterdam
- Day 2: Amsterdam
- Day 3: Amsterdam to Rhine Valley
- Day 4: Rhine Valley to Lucerne
- Day 5: Lucerne
- Day 6: Lucerne to Innsbruck
- Day 7: Innsbruck to Venice
- Day 8: Venice to Rome
- Day 9: Rome
- Day 10: Rome to Florence
- Day 11: Florence to The Riviera
- Day 12: The Riviera
- Day 13: The Riviera to Lyon
- Day 14: Lyon to Paris
- Day 15: Paris
- Day 16: Depart Paris
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Optional Extras
- Discovery Plus:see it all & do it all with Contiki
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- February 1, 2017
What is the age range required on this trip?
Contiki operates tours for travellers between ages (18-35). They are geared towards active, budget-minded young travellers who want to meet other people from all over the world, and tend to be very popular with students and backpackers.
If this trip isn't quite what you were looking for, we still have plenty of fantastic tours. Get in contact with us and our customer support team will work on pairing you with the perfect adventure.
- November 4, 2014
Are people over 35 years old allowed on this tour?
Contiki tours are only available to those between 18 and 35 years old.
Guides who have led this tour
- "Indian born, Filipino raised, Kiwi influenced, Aussie experienced, European roamer...World bound! :D"
- "Growing up in the most isolated city in the world, it was like a right of passage to travel half way..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Janet, 30 years old7th April 2017
About the countries
- Pound sterlingEngland
- EuroNetherlands , Austria , Italy , Vatican City (Holy See) , Monaco and France
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Switzerland and Austria. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Start and end in London.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Contiki to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Contiki booking. The remaining balance is then payable 45 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 6 December 2017 the full payment of $0 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $0 for European Encounter (Winter) Until Feb, but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Contiki tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- London (England)
- 358 km
- Amsterdam (Netherlands)
- 641 km
- Lucerne (Switzerland)
- 235 km
- Innsbruck (Austria)
- 215 km
- Venice (Italy)
- 394 km
- Rome (Italy)
- 3 km
- Vatican City (Vatican City (Holy See))
- 230 km
- Florence (Italy)
- 69 km
- Pisa (Italy)
- 240 km
- Monaco (Monaco)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $0 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 6,239 tours in Europe
- covered by 166 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date.
- 28,120 travellers have already met
before they left for their Europe tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 7 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on European Encounter (Winter) Until Feb