The Northern Trek
- Our saving
- US $ 2,376
- Enjoy the history of the Acropolis
- Explore mythical Mount Olympus
- Discover Sofia the capital of Bulgaria
- Visit Dubrovnik, the jewel in the crown of the Adriatic
- Age range
- 18 to 35 year olds
- Hotel, Camping, Berth / Cabin, Guesthouse
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Ferry
- Physical Rating
- Rather Poor
- LOLindseyWritten on December 3, 20165.0 - ExcellentI came along for The Big Chill tour 4 years ago and even after multiple other trips my wife and I agree that the memories made on our Contiki tour with Kassie Jones are at the top of the list. It was a once in a life time experience, and looking back on it I'm not sure how Kassie was able to handle our group at times, with people not showing up, fights and the accidental mid night trips to the ER, but she was. Kassie made the trip much more interesting and a lot of fun the whole way through from start to finish which is saying a lot since The Big Chill was almost a two month trip. She's an all around great person and any tour company would be lucky to have her as part of their team.Show detailed ratings
- BBradWritten on December 3, 20164.0 - GoodExellent. Freaking amazing. Would do afain tomorrowShow detailed ratings
- RRebeccaWritten on December 3, 20165.0 - ExcellentI did The Big Chill (46 days camping) with Kas back in 2012. I still look back on this trip as one of the best times of my life, and a lot of that had to do with Kas. She was such an amazing tour guide, but not only that she became a friend and I still think of her regularly and miss her. She was so full of energy and really uplifted the group. She provided wonderful information about each and every destination of which there were a lot. It didn't matter how many times she had been there before whenever she spoke of a new city she did so with an amazing amount of passion which got our entire ground (of over 40) seriously pumped. We had mishap after mishap (from muggings to multiple trips to the hospital) on our trip and she handled everything with such a level head. Will never forget my Contiki experience in 2012 and a huge reason for that is Kas. I've been on many tours over the world with multiple different companies, but Kas will always be one of my favorite guides. Will always appreciate everything she did for our group.Show detailed ratings
- AAprilWritten on August 1, 20164.5 - ExcellentTammy was super energetic, organised and upbeat!Show detailed ratings
- EKEmilyWritten on May 16, 20164.5 - ExcellentTrent was awesome!! Showing us the things that you wouldn't expect the regular tour guide to show you! He made everyone feel really comfortable and relaxed and it made for a better trip! Would definitely do another tour with him!!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive Athens
- Day 2: Athens to Kavala
- Day 3: Kavala to Gallipoli
- Day 4: Gallipoli to Istanbul
- Day 5: Istanbul
- Day 6: Istanbul to Sofia
- Day 7: Sofia to Struga
- Day 8: Struga to Tirana
- Day 9: Tirana to Dubrovnik via Budva
- Day 10 - 12: Dubrovnik
- Day 12: Dubrovnik to Seline
- Day 13: Seline to Budapest
- Day 14: Budapest
- Day 15: Budapest to Vienna
- Day 16: Vienna
- Day 17: Vienna to Prague
- Day 18: Prague
- Day 19: Prague to Munich
- Day 20: Munich
- Day 21: Munich to Swiss Alps
- Day 22: Swiss Alps
- Day 23: Swiss Alps to Heidelberg
- Day 24: Heidelberg to Amsterdam
- Day 25: Amsterdam
- Day 26: Depart Amsterdam
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Optional Extras
- Freestyle Camping: sleep under the stars with Contiki
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Contiki In Depth
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- April 23, 2015
What does the food fund cover?
The food fund covers the included meals listed in the what's included section. On these tours you will have food prepared by on-site chefs or your onboard cook. Some meals may also be at local restaurants.
Guides who have led this tour
- "Hi guys and girls! 4 years ago I lifted the anchor and set sail to Europe with a 1 way ticket, a big..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Victoria8th April 2018
The Northern Trek
- Upcoming departures
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- MondayJun 11, 2018from Athens26 DaysFridayJul 6, 2018to London0 seats left$96USD $2,309+ $460 Food Fund The Northern TrekSold outSee similar tours on this date
- MondayJul 2, 2018from Athens26 DaysFridayJul 27, 2018to London9 seats left$102USD $2,443+ $460 Food Fund The Northern Trek
- MondayJul 16, 2018from Athens26 DaysFridayAug 10, 2018to London0 seats left$102USD $2,443+ $460 Food Fund The Northern TrekSold outSee similar tours on this date
- MondayAug 13, 2018from Athens26 DaysFridaySep 7, 2018to London9 seats left$102USD $2,443+ $460 Food Fund The Northern Trek
- SaturdaySep 8, 2018from Athens26 DaysWednesdayOct 3, 2018to London9 seats left$99USD $2,376+ $460 Food Fund The Northern Trek
- ThursdaySep 13, 2018from Athens26 DaysMondayOct 8, 2018to London7 seats left$99USD $2,376+ $460 Food Fund The Northern Trek
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- EuroGreece , Austria , Germany and Netherlands
- KorunaCzech Republic
- Pound sterlingEngland
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Greece, Turkey, Bulgaria, Macedonia, Albania, Hungary and Czech Republic. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Greece, Turkey, Bulgaria, Macedonia, Albania, Croatia, Hungary and Czech Republic. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Turkey and Albania. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Bulgaria. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Albania. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Albania, Croatia, Hungary, Austria, Czech Republic and Germany. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Athens is the starting point and London is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Contiki to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Contiki booking. The remaining balance is then payable 45 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 5 July 2018 the full payment of $2,376 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2376 for The Northern Trek, but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Contiki tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Athens (Greece)
- 334 km
- Kavala (Greece)
- 185 km
- Eceabat (Turkey)
- 239 km
- Istanbul (Turkey)
- 505 km
- Sofia (Bulgaria)
- 271 km
- Ohrid (Macedonia)
- 117 km
- Durres (Albania)
- 186 km
- Dubrovnik (Croatia)
- 283 km
- Zadar (Croatia)
- 478 km
- Budapest (Hungary)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,376 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,925 tours in Europe
- covered by 209 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date.
- 5 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on The Northern Trek