Iceland's Laugavegur Trek
Save up to 75% across the globe
ends on 26 Sep 2018
Start and end in Reykjavik! With the hiking & trekking tour Iceland's Laugavegur Trek, you have a 8 day tour package taking you through Reykjavik, Iceland and 5 other destinations in Iceland. Starting from $0, Iceland's Laugavegur Trek is 100% cheaper than the average 6-10 day tour through Iceland.
2 ReviewsWrite a review
- AnonymousWritten on October 5, 20085.0 - ExcellentDespite rain every day (plus some snow and hail!) I had a fantastic time.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?When Kauri, our group leader was leading us up a ridge on day 5. It was very windy and there were thoughts about not going on - but I am glad we did as the sense of satisfaction when we reached the top was great. We also appreciated the hot pools afterwards all the more for the hard work!What did you think of your group leader?Kauri was a fantastic guide. He knew the route like the back of his hand. He worked so hard to look after us all week - answering our endless questions about the country and the route,Â slaving over our evening meals and fresh coffee, providing an endless supply of chocolate-covered raisinsÂ - and yet he was so much fun and always had a cheeky grin on his face.Â Do you have any advice for potential travellers?Expect to get wet. And spent a lot of time in very close proximity with other people who are very wet.Â But still have a great time!
- AnonymousWritten on October 4, 20075.0 - ExcellentWhat was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Hard to say. It was all wonderful, but the first walk, which began at 5p.m. on Day One, was fantastic. A tough walk up a mountain, and breathtaking views all round, with no sign of habitation anywhere. Walking for over 2 days without seeing another person. The vastness, rawness and otherworldliness of the landscape, and the incredible colours of the rocks at Landmannalaugar.What did you think of your group leader?Petur was superb. A very good guide on the walks - pushing us along but making sure everyone was OK. He told us lots about the geology of Iceland, and he cooked amazing meals for us. He had clear rules for us untidy and messy hikers, and his vigilance when clearing out the first mountain hut ensured that I had a jacket for the rest of the hike! He was delightful, with a wickedly dry sense of humour.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?Take rubber shoes (e.g. windsurfing shoes) for those river crossings! And get fit - the mountains are very steep! And take some alcohol with you - at Landmannalaugur is it very pleasant to drink gin and Sprite in the naturally hot spring! Sprite can be bought there, but not gin.Is there anything else you would like to add?A better picture in the brochure would give a flavour of the trek and the landscape. The current one shows people in front of a lava flow, but unless you look closely it could be taken for a forest, and it doesn't give any sense of the mountainous terrain we walked in. or the fact that we were on the move all day every day. It would be good to indicate the approximate distance and height of each day's walk so that people are more aware of the walking conditions and how fit they therefore need to be. This was a fantastic and hugely memorable holiday.
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Start Reykjavik
- Day 2: Transfer to the colourful Landmannalaugar highlands for a daywalk before setting up camp.
- Day 3: Trek through the multicoloured rhyolite mountains towards Alftavatn Lake.
- Day 4: We head south towards the massive Markarfljotsgljufur Canyon and walk to Emstur hut.
- Day 5: Cross the highlands along the Markarfljotsgljufur Canyon to the Thorsmork Valley.
- Day 6: To Thorsmork across the edge of the Myrdalsjokull Ice Cap.
- Day 7: Daywalk in Thorsmork, heading for the Fimmvorduhals Pass and seeing the new craters formed in the 2010 eruption; transfer to Reykjavik, arriving late afternoon, stopping to visit Seljalandsfoss Waterfall on the way.
- Day 8: Our trip ends in Reykjavik.
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Amanda15th May 2018
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Start and end in Reykjavik.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Exodus Travels to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Exodus Travels booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 20 November 2018 the full payment of $0 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $0 for Iceland's Laugavegur Trek, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Exodus Travels tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 393 km.
- Reykjavik (Iceland)
- 135 km
- Skogafoss (Iceland)
- 38 km
- Lake Alftavatn (Iceland)
- 33 km
- Eldgjá (Iceland)
- 49 km
- Thorsmork (Iceland)
- 12 km
- Eyjafjallajokull (Iceland)
- 125 km
- Reykjavik (Iceland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $0 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,819 tours in Europe
- covered by 256 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 21,962 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Europe tours