- Our saving
- US $ 2,502
- Thermal Springs in Budapest
- Explore the underground tunnels in Sarajevo
- Watch the sun set from the cliffs of Dubrovnik
- Experience the unique nightlife of Ljubljana
- Rather Poor
- AAnonymousWritten on September 1, 20184.0 - GoodThis was a very good trip with a good diversity of different countries. Just about the right time spent in places, some you could easily spend more time at. Found the accommodation to be of a good standard for this type of travel. Was slightly dissappointed with the included meals, did feel these were rather basic and lack of any included drink is just a bit poor. The trip leader had some really good recommendations and helped to organise additional group meals and boat trips etc. It was good to get a guide that had obviously been to these places before. We had quite a small group and this helped with organising additional activities. They are some absolutely stunning views on this trip, the drive through Bosnia and herzogovenia being especially standout.Show detailed ratings
- CCaitlinWritten on June 7, 20185.0 - ExcellentStien was an amazing tour guide! She was able to connect with everyone on the tour and help them create their own unique trip experience. I am impressed the professionalism she used during the tour duration. Her knowledge of the countries we all visited helped us feel immersed into the culture of the Balkans.Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on June 7, 20184.5 - ExcellentThe whole experience was incredible would highly recommend this tour to anyone who was going to the Balkan region in Europe.Show detailed ratings
- JJayneWritten on June 1, 20184.0 - GoodStein is so passionate about her caree and loves to share that passion with her customers. Excellent tour guide!Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on May 28, 20184.5 - ExcellentStein is a fantastic tour guide who is very passionate and dedicated. Anyone who gets her as their guide is in for one great holidayShow detailed ratings
- BBellemeFannyWritten on May 28, 20184.5 - ExcellentStein has been an amazing Trip Leader. From the beginning till the end she made our trip amazing. Passionate in her job she as well shared that passion with us, really easy going And friendly we spend a really good time all together. If this trip was amazing, Stein made it even better.Show detailed ratings
- LOLizzieWritten on December 10, 20163.5 - GoodGreat trip. Anthony was very knowledgeable on the history and I enjoyed hearing this and his understanding of cultural aspects. He did well accommodating the needs of the mix of people and guiding us for the journey. Some of the hotels were not quite of the quality I expected. It would be better to incorporate more lunch stops that are NOT at service stations. Also some additional information on public transport would be useful as it was difficult to navigate these, particularly without internet. Thanks for a great trip and I'd recommend this tour to others.Show detailed ratings
- JMJamesWritten on December 9, 20164.5 - ExcellentI was on the first week of this tour, everything was great but for the small number of people on the tour (9 of us). Hotels were really good, Anthony was an amazing tour leader who gave great historical information on the places we visited, he was super friendly and I got along great with him!Show detailed ratings
- NathanWritten on January 7, 20165.0 - ExcellentHad an amazing time on the Balkan explorer trip back in September 2015 really enjoyed walking around the beautiful city walls of Dubrovnik Croatia, climbing thousands of steps to see the stunning views of Kotor Montenegro and trying to find my around the gorgeous Plitvice lakes Croatia, plus met some really cool our tour guide Goran Sostaric was really cool very knowledgable and helpful long live rakijaShow detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Budapest, Hungary
- Day 2: Budapest
- Day 3: Budapest to Belgrade, Serbia
- Day 4: Belgrade
- Day 5: Belgrade to Sarajevo, Bosnia & Herzegovina
- Day 6: Sarajevo
- Day 7: Sarajevo to Dubrovnik, Croatia
- Day 8: Dubrovnik
- Day 9: Dubrovnik to Budva, Montenegro
- Day 10: Budva
- Day 11: Budva to Zadar, Croatia
- Day 12: Zadar to Plitvice Lakes
- Day 13: Plitvice Lakes
- Day 14: Plitvice Lakes to Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Day 15: Ljubljana to Budapest, Hungary
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
What are the meals included in the tour price?
There are 14 breakfasts and 5 dinners that are included with this trip.
What is the age limit for this tour?
Topdeck tours are only suitable for travellers 18-39 and the operator of the tour is very strict with their age policy.
What time does the tour get back to Budapest on the last day?
The tour is planned to get into Budapest early in the evening. However, you can never be 100% sure of what may occur on the road that impacts drive times between cities.
Guides who have led this tour
- "Two summer seasons completed for Topdeck Europe and loving the continent's vibes more than ever! I'm..."
- "Hello! I'm Stien, from Belgium. After leading groups around African and Asian countries for Belgian tour..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Joy31st July 2018
- SundayMay 12, 2019from Budapest15 DaysSundayMay 26, 2019to Budapest10+ seats left$167USD $2,502Based on Twin-Share
- SundayJun 23, 2019from Budapest15 DaysSundayJul 7, 2019to Budapest10+ seats left$186USD $2,793Based on Twin-Share
- SundayJul 7, 2019from Budapest15 DaysSundayJul 21, 2019to Budapest10+ seats left$186USD $2,793Based on Twin-Share
- SundayJul 21, 2019from Budapest15 DaysSundayAug 4, 2019to Budapest10+ seats left$186USD $2,793Based on Twin-Share
- SundayAug 4, 2019from Budapest15 DaysSundayAug 18, 2019to Budapest10+ seats left$186USD $2,793Based on Twin-Share
- SundayAug 18, 2019from Budapest15 DaysSundaySep 1, 2019to Budapest10+ seats left$176USD $2,643Based on Twin-Share
- SundaySep 1, 2019from Budapest15 DaysSundaySep 15, 2019to Budapest10+ seats left$176USD $2,643Based on Twin-Share
- SundaySep 15, 2019from Budapest15 DaysSundaySep 29, 2019to Budapest10+ seats left$176USD $2,643Based on Twin-Share
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- EuroMontenegro and Slovenia
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Hungary, Serbia, Bosnia, Montenegro and Slovenia. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Hungary, Serbia, Bosnia, Croatia, Montenegro and Slovenia. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Hungary, Croatia and Slovenia. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Recommended for Bosnia. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Start and end in Budapest.
- Max group size
- 26 is the maximum group size for Balkan Explorer.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Topdeck to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Topdeck booking. The remaining balance is then payable 47 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 7 November 2018 the full payment of $2,502 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2502 for Balkan Explorer, but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Topdeck tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Budapest (Hungary)
- 317 km
- Belgrade (Serbia)
- 206 km
- Sarajevo (Bosnia)
- 68 km
- Mostar (Bosnia)
- 79 km
- Dubrovnik (Croatia)
- 74 km
- Budva (Montenegro)
- 357 km
- Zadar (Croatia)
- 87 km
- Plitvice Lakes National Park (Croatia)
- 157 km
- Ljubljana (Slovenia)
- 381 km
- Budapest (Hungary)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,502 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,819 tours in Europe
- covered by 256 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date.
- 6 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Balkan Explorer