Spires in the Snow
- Our saving
- US $ 588
- Age range
- 18 to 39 year olds
- Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- MWMeghanWritten on December 29, 20175.0 - ExcellentTrip was great, mostly had great accomodation and both the guide and bus driver were excellent!Show detailed ratings
- ESElizabethWritten on November 29, 20174.5 - ExcellentReally good tour covering lots of sights and experiences I had hoped for. Great, knowledgeable tour guide Vin. Great accomodation in Budapest and Prague, however not the best in Krakow. The only thing I didn't realise was that my 7 day tour was apart of a much larger 24 day tour. I have never experienced this when on tour so this was a little different. A really enjoyable tour overall and would recommend.Show detailed ratings
- KKendallWritten on September 27, 20175.0 - ExcellentTopdeck was our first ever tour and our tour guide Jody made it the highlight of our European adventure. Jody's knowledge, charisma and fluency made for an excellent learning and fun experience. We would definitely embark on another tour with Jody.Show detailed ratings
- EEmilyWritten on March 11, 20174.0 - GoodTravelling around Europe with Sarah was an experience I will remember forever. She was so much fun and made everyone feel like they belonged from the minute we walked into the hostel. youre very lucky if get to go on a trip with her.Show detailed ratings
- SSamWritten on March 7, 20173.5 - GoodSpires in the Snow was made amazing by Sarah, she really made everyone feel so involved and was such a happy guide! I think the trip was definitely made better by Sarah and wouldn't have been the same without herShow detailed ratings
- SSarahWritten on December 18, 20165.0 - ExcellentJohnny was most definitely one of the best tour guides i've ever had! He is personable, friendly, has great communication and also FUN! My tour around Europe in winter was just amazing and I can't thank Johnny enough!Show detailed ratings
- MMMarcellaWritten on December 10, 20164.0 - GoodJohnny was such a fantastic tour guide! Even though I was only on the tour for 7 days, he made me so welcome and part of the group. He's such a fun-loving spirit and that made sure every day was an adventure.Show detailed ratings
- Demi-MayWritten on December 5, 20165.0 - ExcellentIf you are looking for a week of fun and adventure tasting some of eastern Europe's most amazing cities this is the tour for you! I made the most amazing memories with some pretty amazing people! Just a warning this tour does join a bigger group who has been travelling for about 2 weeks prior but don't let that turn you off because I had not problem me and the other people going in bonded and we integrated pretty well into the larger group. Starting with Budapest the welcome dinner was massive and the ruin bar we visited was awesome! But we turned in early on the first night as a lot of the new travellers had a big day of travel. We walked up to the Budapest castle and relaxed in the thermal baths, drank way too much in the ruin bars and danced out hearts out! The optional dinner cruise was a great way to kick of a big night and seeing the city lit up from the river was incredible. The dinner was amazing though should have been advertised as a buffet as I was expecting a sit down meal and 2 bottles of wine (which for my table turned into 4) were a great compliment to the cruise. Krakow was the next city and the quick walking tour that night was good for getting our bearing on the city! I paid for the optional pub crawl which I highly recommend it was a night I will never forget and the hour of free drink definitely helped that. The next day I did the optional jewish walking tour and the salt mines both ver informative but with the hangover form the night before by 3pm I was struggling. Auschwitz was something you just can't miss when in Poland and I'm happy that was an inclusion in the tour. It was also made clear that if we were struggling with the visit we were more than welcome to come back to the bus and have a chat! It was nice to know we had a safe place if it was too much! The only overall downside to Krakow was our accommodation classified as a hotel upgrade it was awful and was a real let down. it was also far form the city centra. A lot of us would have preferred to have stayed in a hostel closer to the city centre. After that we ventured onto Prague a city which I fell in love with and probably the best time I had on the tour. The city was gorgeous filled with amazing food, beautiful architecture and it was easy to navigate. The night we arrived in Prague we had an informative walking tour and then we headed out for a night in the 5 story club. Being a Sunday night it was pretty quiet but our group made fun for itself. My night ended on a bad night having my phone lost/stolen (the latter more likely as i found out later that the club is notorious for things going 'missing'). But none the less I had a good night and I was having so much fun that the next day it was a joke and my new friends kept my spirits up and let me forget about it! We spent that day running around the city visiting all the gorgeous sites and just having too much fun! That is a day I will never forget and it is because I was on this tour! All of the inclusions from the hotels to the breakfast and the extra activites were well worth the money. But being in Europe everything is cheap and you can enjoy without having to worry too much about money. You do spend about 3 days on a bus but I enjoyed the bus journeys even when were delayed because we caught up on the sleep we were lacking (only sleeping for 3 hrs a night was catching up) watched movies and chatted. There were plenty of breaks as well. Our tour leader Amanda was amazing could not recommend or praise her enough! She included us newbies, had itineraries, Facebook groups, recommendations everything you could ever want or need from a tour leader she had! Sergio our bus driver was hilarious, including and a lot of fun! Overall this is an amazing trip and I couldn't recommend it enough!Show detailed ratings
- RRenaeWritten on June 8, 20164.0 - GoodI went on the 7 day Spires in the Snow tour, which took us through Budapest, Poland and ended in Prague. The entire trip was excellent. Judes was extremely helpful, knowledgeable and well liked with the whole group. She played games with us on the bus to help pass the time, and gave us little facts about each country we were in. Our driver was Krysz. He too was incredible. Very friendly and knowledgeable too. He wasn't afraid to add anything to what Judes was saying. Most of the accomadation was nice, the only problem we had was in Poland. We were put in a smoking room, my friend is an asthmatic. But the hotel was happy to give as another non-smoking room. All together I was impressed. I enjoyed my time on this tour and would gladly do it again if I got the chance.Show detailed ratings
- LLeanneWritten on June 7, 20164.0 - GoodI joined on with a longer tour and my trip leader Judes went really out of her way to make me feel like I belonged. I had a fantastic time and was happy with the tour - it was well organised, fun and informative! I highly recommend it!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Budapest, Hungary
- Day 2: Budapest
- Day 3: Budapest to Krakow, Poland
- Day 4: Krakow
- Day 5: Krakow to Prague, Czech Republic
- Day 6: Prague
- Day 7: Prague
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- November 1, 2016
Whan can I have the documents to process my visa?
In order to get your finalized travel documents you need to have a confirmed booking with Topdeck and then the hotel list/finalised travel documents will be emailed to you 4-6 weeks prior to the tour departing.
- July 1, 2016
Is accommodation and transport provided for all the days on tour?
Accommodation is included throughout the whole trip .
- July 1, 2016
What time does the tour depart from Budapest?
The tour departs around 6am from Wombats Budapest and arrives around 9am into Plus Prague.
Guides who have led this tour
- "Two summer seasons completed for Topdeck Europe and loving the continent's vibes more than ever! I'm..."
- "MY NAME IS SARAH, PICK UP STICKS ENTHUSIAST, AND LOVER OF THE CAPSLOCK! I worked as a clinical pharmacist..."
- "Hey there - my name is Judes and I am a Maltese Australian working as a European Trip Leader with Topdeck..."
- ""Not all those who wander are lost" From an early age I was always the "wanderer",..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Tarryn24th January 2018
Spires in the Snow
- Upcoming departures
- February 2018
- March 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- WednesdayFeb 28, 2018from Budapest7 DaysTuesdayMar 6, 2018to Prague0 seats left$17USD $695Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- WednesdayMar 14, 2018from Budapest7 DaysTuesdayMar 20, 2018to Prague0 seats left$17USD $695Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- WednesdayMar 28, 2018from Budapest7 DaysTuesdayApr 3, 2018to PragueOnly 1 seat left$162$735-20%USD $588
- WednesdayNov 14, 2018from Budapest7 DaysTuesdayNov 20, 2018to Prague5 seats left$18USD $729
- WednesdayNov 28, 2018from Budapest7 DaysTuesdayDec 4, 2018to Prague5 seats left$18USD $729
- WednesdayDec 5, 2018from Budapest7 DaysTuesdayDec 11, 2018to Prague5 seats left$18USD $729
- FridayDec 7, 2018from Budapest7 DaysThursdayDec 13, 2018to Prague5 seats left$18USD $729
- WednesdayDec 12, 2018from Budapest7 DaysTuesdayDec 18, 2018to Prague5 seats left$18USD $729
- TuesdayDec 18, 2018from Budapest7 DaysMondayDec 24, 2018to Prague5 seats left$19USD $769
- ThursdayDec 20, 2018from Budapest7 DaysWednesdayDec 26, 2018to Prague5 seats left$19USD $769
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- KorunaCzech Republic
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Hungary, Poland and Czech Republic. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Hungary, Poland and Czech Republic. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Hungary, Poland and Czech Republic. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Budapest is the starting point and Prague is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Topdeck to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Topdeck booking. The remaining balance is then payable 47 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 10 April 2018 the full payment of $588 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $588 for Spires in the Snow, but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Topdeck tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Budapest (Hungary)
- 293 km
- Krakow (Poland)
- 394 km
- Prague (Czech Republic)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $588 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,407 tours in Europe
- covered by 183 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date.
- 13 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Spires in the Snow