March on Rome
- Our saving
- US $ 874
- Age range
- 18 to 39 year olds
- Hostel, Bungalow
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- BSBhawnaWritten on June 14, 20174.5 - ExcellentRome is a place for those who are history lovers and as well as who are interested in monumental heritage. Apart from it, Trastavere is a place where u can enjoy Italian food and wines. Rome has nice museums although many of them require an entry fee but Capitoline, St Angelo Castle, Leonardo Da Vinci museum, are some of the worth watching museums. A tour to vatican city will take one full day to see Vatican museum, shopping in vatican streets and most importantly seeing St. peter's Basilica their. Rome is a small city so it's better u walk. Campo Di Fiori is a place for the shoppholics they have wide range of Italian brands, please if possible buy boots and leather purses from Rome, wooden stoles are also kinda famous here. Colosseum and Palantine hill takes one whole day to watch it properly, here it is advisable to take a guided tour for both monuments as they are of historical importance and one can reach here through metro and find many city based guided tours packages it is preferable to take them on reaching here rather than taking hop on hop off thing. Also some of the tour guides here will also take u to the walk of Catacombs in Rome but they are usually held in evenings if anybody is interested in seeing the place where Caesar died and also they will make u see the oldest coffee shop in Rome. You can actually find number of fountains here but Trevi fountain is a must to go especially during evenings. For staying one can choose central and peripheral places both according to their convenience if anyone wants to stay within the central heart of rome hotels nears Rome Central Termini station are best place to stay othersie there are calm and peaceful places to stay also in Rome, but through my personal experience central Rome is a preferable option for undertaking the working and cultural life of city as well as it is very convenient to go to places either through buses, trams, 'metro and express trains. Buy a Rome travelling card for travelling in metros and buses it will save your time and will be cheaper option for u.... One can also hire cars, scooters or vehicles of their own if they are good at map directionsShow detailed ratings
- CCaitlinWritten on March 7, 20175.0 - ExcellentThe trip went beyond what I expected. I knew we would have a fantastic time but I had no clue how amazing the tour was going to be just having an awesome tour leader and driver who really cared about all of us. It just made everything that much better and less stressful!Show detailed ratings
- CCaraWritten on February 4, 20175.0 - ExcellentI spent 9 days on 'March on Rome' which was also the first 9 days of the ''Winter Spirit' tour so I left the group in Rome and they kept going through Europe. I didn't think I'd get so attached to the tour life but I did and I was so sad to say goodbye. Jess turned my life around without even knowing it. Her 'yassss' attitude and positivity created an amazing adventure not to mention her wealth of knowledge on every destintion. Jess brought us all together and made sure we knew everything there was to know about good food, shorter ticket lines and good photo opportunities. I will never forget this trip and I will never forget Jess.Show detailed ratings
- ARAlahnaWritten on January 30, 20174.5 - ExcellentThe trip was amazing and my trip leader Kasey exceeded my expectations completely. Just a heads up to anyone doing a shorter top deck tour (march on Rome is 10 days), it's probably part of a larger tour and its really sad to have to see everyone go. Still an incredible experience though. Very fast paced and every second day is spent driving for at least half the day but you still manage to pack in a lot of activities.Show detailed ratings
- FLFrancineWritten on December 16, 20164.0 - GoodI joined in on the first 9 days of a much longer Europe tour with Johnny in January 2015. I was traveling on my own after studying in England for the previous 6 months and as a result was feeling a little homesick. However, as soon as I met Johnny all of my worries dissipated. As a fellow Aussie he immediately made me feel right at home and was unbelievably friendly. Johnny really knew how to have a good time with all of the tour group and was really inclusive. Everyone quickly clicked thanks to Johnny's encouragement and openess. He was also quite knowledgeable about the cities and sites and made my travels truly memorable. He understands his demographic and works with it seamlessly to show the tour group what they really want to see and ensure they have an awesome experience. Johnny was really caring and had everyone's best interests at heart. Ultimately I found it quite hard to part with the rest of the group, even though I known them for just over a week and this was because Johnny had created such a cohesive environment on the tour.Show detailed ratings
- MVMelanieWritten on June 17, 20164.5 - ExcellentI had Jody as my trip leader in march this year on the 'March on Rome' trip. She was and absolute champion! Her depth of knowledge of each city was amazing and her delivery of information was engaging and genuine. She made the effort to get to know people on the trip and you ever once felt like you couldn’t go to her with a question or worry. She was a lot of fun and still had the respect of our group- even when she was sick she was there with us and didn’t complain – even when she should have been resting!! She was a huge reason I would go on a trip again and her professionalism and genuine spirt is something that I’ll always remember. She is the best!! MelanieShow detailed ratings
- THTiffanyWritten on June 11, 20164.5 - ExcellentWe went on the March on Rome tour with Judes in Spring 2016. She is incredible! Not only is she well prepared, organized and informative at every tour stop but so incredibly friendly, patient and accommodating. It was our first tour experience and definitely one that'll keep us coming back.Show detailed ratings
- RRachaelWritten on June 7, 20165.0 - ExcellentI couldn't have asked for a better trip leader - Judes is a pure gem! She went out of her way to make sure everyone had the best time, and even knew it was my birthday on the trip without me saying anything! She is so friendly, funny, sociable, knowledgeable, and has a wicked sense of humour. I'd recommend going on one of her tours just so you get the chance to meet her :)Show detailed ratings
- TTessaWritten on March 21, 20164.5 - ExcellentThe trip was absolutely amazing and Hugh is the best tour guide out there! He is a really laid back, down to earth guy who is also extremely knowledgeable about the countries and cultures he tours through. Would definitely recommend travelling with him!Show detailed ratingsTopdeck commented on this reviewThanks Tessa. I'm sure Hugh would be delighted to have you back again anytime. Great to hear you enjoyed our March on Rome trip in Europe with us. ~ Topdeck.
- BarbaraWritten on April 4, 20145.0 - ExcellentThis is an amazing tour for people who are the first time in Europe and want to get an intro of the main european cities. It was perfect for visiting all the main attractions of Paris, Swiss Alps, Florence and Rome. Though I would have loved to have a little more time in Paris. There is so much to see :) Apart from the main cities we also stopped in Pisa and Orvieto which was a really nice surprise to me. Unfortunately we had not that nice weather so I couldn't do some of the optional activities like skydiving in Switzerland or a fat tyre tour in Paris. I was very impressed by the bus driver and our tour guide Rogan. They were the best and very well organised and great fun. I really liked our tour guide's infos about every country's history and main facts. And even the local guides who showed us Florence or the Vatican were really good and informative. During the tour I met lots of fun people from UK, Australia, New Zealand, Mexico and many other countries. Everybody was open-minded and it is not hard to become friends and get along very quickly. We had great fun eating a Florentine Steak and singing at a karaoke bar in Florence. To sum it all up: very good tour, great tour guide, fun peopleShow detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: London, England to Paris, France
- Day 2: Paris
- Day 3: Paris to Swiss Alps, Switzerland
- Day 4: Swiss Alps
- Day 5: Swiss Alps to Florence, Italy
- Day 6: Florence
- Day 7: Florence to Rome
- Day 8: Rome including Vatican City visit
- Day 9: Rome
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Europe: Experience the Magic of Europe
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- October 1, 2016
What is the accomodation for two people travelling together?
For this trip you will be in same gender multi-share accommodation with 4 people per room and so you will be sharing with 2 others and there is no option to upgrade to a private room.
- July 19, 2016
What sort of accommodation do you stay in for this trip?
You will stay in same sex multi share accommodation. A combination of modern hostels situated close to the action, cabins at European campsites and bungalows.
- June 11, 2015
Can I join the tour in Paris?
Yes it is possible to join this tour in Paris, you will simply meet the group in the late afternoon at the joining point hotel in Paris. The price of the tour will not change, but you will not miss out on any of the Paris activities by selecting to join there. Please indicate at time of booking if you wish to join in Paris or London.
Guides who have led this tour
- "MY NAME IS SARAH, PICK UP STICKS ENTHUSIAST, AND LOVER OF THE CAPSLOCK! I worked as a clinical pharmacist..."
- "I am half Australian and half Swiss (grew up in Aus). I have been living in Europe for over five years..."
- "Hey there - my name is Judes and I am a Maltese Australian working as a European Trip Leader with Topdeck..."
- "Hey guys, I am Hugh, a trip leader/tour guide with Topdeck. If you have done a tour with me it would..."
- ""Not all those who wander are lost" From an early age I was always the "wanderer",..."
39 travellers met using the Meet App before going on their Topdeck March on Rome tour.
Select the departure date of the tour that you're planning on going on and chat with other travellers going on that tour. If you don't find your departure date, add a meet and others travellers will join.
- Departs 8th December 20172 comments"Hi all. Just seeing who else is on the upcoming trip. Chris"
- Departs 11th December 20171 comment"Hiiii is anyone here? :) Just wondering if people on this tour going to travel more after the tour ends. I'm going to spend one more day in Rome and head to Munich. Would love to know if someone share similar itinerary and maybe plan something together! :D"
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Andrew, 27 years old4th May 2017
March on Rome
- Upcoming departures
- November 2017
- December 2017
- January 2018
- February 2018
- March 2018
- ThursdayNov 2, 2017from LondonFridayNov 10, 2017in RomeOur saving$128Price$1,045-12%USD $9176 spaces left
- ThursdayNov 9, 2017from LondonFridayNov 17, 2017in RomeOur saving$128Price$1,045-12%USD $917Only 2 spaces left
- ThursdayNov 16, 2017from LondonFridayNov 24, 2017in RomeOur saving$128Price$1,045-12%USD $917Only 2 spaces left
- SaturdayNov 18, 2017from LondonSundayNov 26, 2017in RomeOur saving$26PriceUSD $1,0190 spaces left
- ThursdayNov 23, 2017from LondonFridayDec 1, 2017in RomeOur saving$26PriceUSD $1,0190 spaces left
- SaturdayNov 25, 2017from LondonSundayDec 3, 2017in RomeOur saving$128Price$1,045-12%USD $9178 spaces left
- ThursdayNov 30, 2017from LondonFridayDec 8, 2017in RomeOur saving$128Price$1,045-12%USD $917Only 3 spaces leftBook Now Hold my
- TuesdayDec 5, 2017from LondonWednesdayDec 13, 2017in RomeOur saving$27PriceUSD $1,0680 spaces left
- ThursdayDec 7, 2017from LondonFridayDec 15, 2017in RomeOur saving$134Price$1,095-12%USD $9614 spaces leftBook Now Hold my
- SaturdayDec 9, 2017from LondonSundayDec 17, 2017in RomeOur saving$27PriceUSD $1,0680 spaces left
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingEngland
- EuroFrance and Italy
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Switzerland. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- London is the starting point and Rome is the endpoint.
- Max group size
- 48 is the maximum group size for March on Rome.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Topdeck to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Topdeck booking. The remaining balance is then payable 47 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 4 December 2017 the full payment of $874 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $874 for March on Rome, but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Topdeck tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- London (England)
- 152 km
- Calais (France)
- 235 km
- Paris (France)
- 486 km
- Lauterbrunnen (Switzerland)
- 375 km
- Pisa (Italy)
- 69 km
- Florence (Italy)
- 232 km
- Rome (Italy)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $874 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 6,425 tours in Europe
- covered by 165 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date.
- 39 travellers have already met
before they left for March on Rome tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 11 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on March on Rome