March on Rome
- Our saving
- US $ 803
- Age range
- 18 to 39 year olds
- Hostel, Bungalow
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- CHRISTOPHERWritten on December 20, 20174.5 - ExcellentI was on the March to Rome tour. The tour was great with Kat the tour guide very knowledgeable. I have not stayed in hostel accommodation for many year but found it surprisingly good. The bus trips between locations can be long, however the driver was veey good and the bus was comfortable.Show detailed ratings
- JJessWritten on December 17, 20174.0 - GoodBest time! Vin was awesome and so knowledge and also a good laugh! Was awesome to have a tour guide with such passion! 10/10 would rateShow detailed ratings
- AMAliceWritten on December 10, 20175.0 - ExcellentI went on a 9 day Topdeck tour in November 2017. It was my first time doing a group tour and it was amazing! Absolutely above and beyond my expectations. The various accomodation was amazing. The transportation was perfect and our driver Kris was amazing, so professional and incredibly friendly! Most importantly though, our tour guide Vincenzo was above and beyond. He was incredibly friendly, informative, helpful and likeable. I believe he was one of the main reasons the trip was so enjoyable. He ensured that we had all the information we could want in order to plan our time in the different cities we visited, and told us about things we may need to book in advance to make sure we didn’t miss out on anything ! He also made sure we knew how to get around on the local public transport and importantly how to get home! He was just amazing ! I wouldn’t hesitate to do another trip with Topdeck.Show detailed ratings
- CKCarolynWritten on December 7, 20175.0 - ExcellentIn a word: perfect. Vincenzo absolutely nailed the balance of everything being meticulously planned making the whole tour activity packed & run flawlessly smoothe, without compromising a sense of adventure, excitement and spontaneity. Pros: Absolutely blown away by how much knowledge he had across a breadth of topics and I've never been more inspired to keep travelling. Cons: Terrible dancer.Show detailed ratings
- MLMegWritten on October 21, 20175.0 - ExcellentKiller trip, super good vibes. Definitely a great way to see Europe when you don't know what you want to seeShow detailed ratings
- CandiceWritten on October 21, 20174.0 - GoodMarch on Rome , my first trip rob Europe , traveling around Europe in the Topdeck bus, and staying in hostels . Was an incredible experience , met fantastic travelers and our Guide Mitch was very informative and loads of fun !Show detailed ratings
- TSTomWritten on October 20, 20174.0 - GoodI had Jemma on the winter spirit tour and couldn’t have asked for a better guide. She was not only knowledgeable, but interesting, fun and always keen to make the most of the trip as possible. Her passion for the content she was talking about was clear when she spoke to us, from the top of the Swiss alps to the crowded streets of Florence, Jemma never failed to supply an interesting fact or a witty remark. I would HIGHLY recommend Jemma as a tour guide and would use her again myself because she’s the only tour guide I’ve come across that successfully combines her passion, knowledge, cracking banter, sense of humour and devilish good looks into one hell of a tour guide. 10/10Show detailed ratings
- BSBhawnaWritten on June 14, 20174.5 - ExcellentRome is a place for those who are history lovers and as well as who are interested in monumental heritage. Apart from it, Trastavere is a place where u can enjoy Italian food and wines. Rome has nice museums although many of them require an entry fee but Capitoline, St Angelo Castle, Leonardo Da Vinci museum, are some of the worth watching museums. A tour to vatican city will take one full day to see Vatican museum, shopping in vatican streets and most importantly seeing St. peter's Basilica their. Rome is a small city so it's better u walk. Campo Di Fiori is a place for the shoppholics they have wide range of Italian brands, please if possible buy boots and leather purses from Rome, wooden stoles are also kinda famous here. Colosseum and Palantine hill takes one whole day to watch it properly, here it is advisable to take a guided tour for both monuments as they are of historical importance and one can reach here through metro and find many city based guided tours packages it is preferable to take them on reaching here rather than taking hop on hop off thing. Also some of the tour guides here will also take u to the walk of Catacombs in Rome but they are usually held in evenings if anybody is interested in seeing the place where Caesar died and also they will make u see the oldest coffee shop in Rome. You can actually find number of fountains here but Trevi fountain is a must to go especially during evenings. For staying one can choose central and peripheral places both according to their convenience if anyone wants to stay within the central heart of rome hotels nears Rome Central Termini station are best place to stay othersie there are calm and peaceful places to stay also in Rome, but through my personal experience central Rome is a preferable option for undertaking the working and cultural life of city as well as it is very convenient to go to places either through buses, trams, 'metro and express trains. Buy a Rome travelling card for travelling in metros and buses it will save your time and will be cheaper option for u.... One can also hire cars, scooters or vehicles of their own if they are good at map directionsShow detailed ratings
- CCaitlinWritten on March 7, 20175.0 - ExcellentThe trip went beyond what I expected. I knew we would have a fantastic time but I had no clue how amazing the tour was going to be just having an awesome tour leader and driver who really cared about all of us. It just made everything that much better and less stressful!Show detailed ratings
- CCaraWritten on February 4, 20175.0 - ExcellentI spent 9 days on 'March on Rome' which was also the first 9 days of the ''Winter Spirit' tour so I left the group in Rome and they kept going through Europe. I didn't think I'd get so attached to the tour life but I did and I was so sad to say goodbye. Jess turned my life around without even knowing it. Her 'yassss' attitude and positivity created an amazing adventure not to mention her wealth of knowledge on every destintion. Jess brought us all together and made sure we knew everything there was to know about good food, shorter ticket lines and good photo opportunities. I will never forget this trip and I will never forget Jess.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: London, England to Paris, France
- Day 2: Paris
- Day 3: Paris to Swiss Alps, Switzerland
- Day 4: Swiss Alps
- Day 5: Swiss Alps to Florence, Italy
- Day 6: Florence
- Day 7: Florence to Rome
- Day 8: Rome including Vatican City visit
- Day 9: Rome
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Europe: Experience the Magic of Europe
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- October 1, 2016
What is the accomodation for two people travelling together?
For this trip you will be in same gender multi-share accommodation with 4 people per room and so you will be sharing with 2 others and there is no option to upgrade to a private room.
- July 19, 2016
What sort of accommodation do you stay in for this trip?
You will stay in same sex multi share accommodation. A combination of modern hostels situated close to the action, cabins at European campsites and bungalows.
- June 11, 2015
Can I join the tour in Paris?
Yes it is possible to join this tour in Paris, you will simply meet the group in the late afternoon at the joining point hotel in Paris. The price of the tour will not change, but you will not miss out on any of the Paris activities by selecting to join there. Please indicate at time of booking if you wish to join in Paris or London.
Guides who have led this tour
- "Two summer seasons completed for Topdeck Europe and loving the continent's vibes more than ever! I'm..."
- "MY NAME IS SARAH, PICK UP STICKS ENTHUSIAST, AND LOVER OF THE CAPSLOCK! I worked as a clinical pharmacist..."
- "I am half Australian and half Swiss (grew up in Aus). I have been living in Europe for over five years..."
- "Hey there - my name is Judes and I am a Maltese Australian working as a European Trip Leader with Topdeck..."
- "Hey guys, I am Hugh, a trip leader/tour guide with Topdeck. If you have done a tour with me it would..."
- "CIAO BELLI! Here's Vincenzo (Vinnie for most of my Travellers), Italian through and through, after graduating..."
- ""Not all those who wander are lost" From an early age I was always the "wanderer",..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Sylvia22nd December 2017
March on Rome
- Upcoming departures
- March 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- ThursdayMar 1, 2018from London9 DaysFridayMar 9, 2018to Rome0 seats left$40USD $955Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- ThursdayMar 15, 2018from London9 DaysFridayMar 23, 2018to RomeOnly 1 seat left$242$1,045-23%USD $803
- ThursdayNov 1, 2018from London9 DaysFridayNov 9, 2018to Rome10+ seats left$46USD $1,113
- ThursdayNov 15, 2018from London9 DaysFridayNov 23, 2018to Rome10+ seats left$46USD $1,113
- ThursdayNov 22, 2018from London9 DaysFridayNov 30, 2018to Rome10+ seats left$46USD $1,113
- SaturdayNov 24, 2018from London9 DaysSundayDec 2, 2018to Rome10+ seats left$46USD $1,113
- ThursdayNov 29, 2018from London9 DaysFridayDec 7, 2018to Rome10+ seats left$46USD $1,113
- WednesdayDec 5, 2018from London9 DaysThursdayDec 13, 2018to Rome10+ seats left$49USD $1,170
- FridayDec 7, 2018from London9 DaysSaturdayDec 15, 2018to Rome10+ seats left$49USD $1,170
- SundayDec 9, 2018from London9 DaysMondayDec 17, 2018to Rome10+ seats left$49USD $1,170
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingEngland
- EuroFrance and Italy
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Switzerland. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- London is the starting point and Rome is the endpoint.
- Max group size
- 48 is the maximum group size for March on Rome.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Topdeck to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Topdeck booking. The remaining balance is then payable 47 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 13 April 2018 the full payment of $803 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $803 for March on Rome, but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Topdeck tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- London (England)
- 152 km
- Calais (France)
- 235 km
- Paris (France)
- 486 km
- Lauterbrunnen (Switzerland)
- 375 km
- Pisa (Italy)
- 69 km
- Florence (Italy)
- 232 km
- Rome (Italy)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $803 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,431 tours in Europe
- covered by 184 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date.
- 18 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on March on Rome