- US $ 1,549
- Enjoy Budapest’s natural thermal springs
- Discover traditional woodcarving in Romania
- Visit ‘Dracula’s Castle’ in Brasov
- Explore the Blue Mosque of Istanbul
- Age range
- 18 to 65 year olds
- Hotel, Guesthouse
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Local Transport, Private Vehicle
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural
- Rather Poor
- TLTobiasWritten on November 21, 20174.0 - GoodThe Transylvania Tale tour was fantastic. The destinations were all wonderful and the group was great (although it helped that it was a small group of only 6 people). Romania is one of the best places I've visited, but Bulgaria is also very beautiful. Even the 7-hour bus ride at the end to Istanbul didn't seem that long! The hotels were mostly very comfortable and in good locations. Some of the local drivers we had were questionable but the transport was smooth and comfortable.Show detailed ratingsTucan Travel commented on this reviewHi Tobias, we are so happy you joined us on the Transylvania Tour! It has so many beautiful and diverse destinations. We hope to see you on another Tucan Travel tour in the future!
- ElannaWritten on January 13, 20175.0 - ExcellentFantastic tour such a unique experience. The itinerary was amazing and our tour guide Jess was perfect!! highly recommend Tucan!Show detailed ratings
- AmandaWritten on June 9, 20154.0 - GoodI had a wonderful time. Our guide, Maria, was awesome.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive Budapest
- Day 2: Eger
- Day 3: Baia Mare
- Day 4-5: Sighișoara
- Day 6-7: Brașov
- Day 8: Bucharest
- Day 9: Veliko Tarnovo
- Day 10-11: Sofia
- Day 12-13: Plovdiv
- Day 14: Istanbul or Sofia
- Day 15: Depart Istanbul
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
- Main Page Video
- Main Page Video
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Can people older than 60 go?
It depends on the age and fitness of the passenger and when they are planning to travel. We need to consult the tour operator to assess a request like this one on a case by case basis.
Can a child join this tour?
Unfortunately there is a minimum age restriction of 18 years old for this tour.
Can a minor join this tour?
This tour is not suitable for people under the age of 18yrs of age.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Joy31st July 2018
- Upcoming departures
- October 2018
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- SundayOct 28, 2018from Budapest15 DaysSundayNov 11, 2018to Istanbul7 seats leftUSD $1,549+ $224 Local Payment
- SundayApr 14, 2019from Budapest15 DaysSundayApr 28, 2019to Istanbul7 seats leftUSD $1,599+ $236 Local Payment
- SundayApr 28, 2019from Budapest15 DaysSundayMay 12, 2019to Istanbul7 seats leftUSD $1,599+ $236 Local Payment
- SundayMay 12, 2019from Budapest15 DaysSundayMay 26, 2019to Istanbul7 seats leftUSD $1,639+ $236 Local Payment
- SundayMay 26, 2019from Budapest15 DaysSundayJun 9, 2019to Istanbul7 seats leftUSD $1,639+ $236 Local Payment
- SundayJun 9, 2019from Budapest15 DaysSundayJun 23, 2019to Istanbul7 seats leftUSD $1,669+ $236 Local Payment
- SundayJun 23, 2019from Budapest15 DaysSundayJul 7, 2019to Istanbul7 seats leftUSD $1,669+ $236 Local Payment
- SundayJul 7, 2019from Budapest15 DaysSundayJul 21, 2019to Istanbul7 seats leftUSD $1,669+ $236 Local Payment
- SundayJul 21, 2019from Budapest15 DaysSundayAug 4, 2019to Istanbul7 seats leftUSD $1,669+ $236 Local Payment
- SundayAug 4, 2019from Budapest15 DaysSundayAug 18, 2019to Istanbul7 seats leftUSD $1,669+ $236 Local Payment
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria and Turkey. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria and Turkey. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Hungary. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Recommended for Romania and Turkey. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Romania and Bulgaria. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Budapest is the starting point and Istanbul is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $500 to confirm this Tucan Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 20 November 2018 the full payment of $1,549 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1549 for Transylvania Tale, but the deposit of $500 is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Tucan Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Tucan Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Budapest (Hungary)
- 195 km
- Debrecen (Hungary)
- 147 km
- Baia Mare (Romania)
- 185 km
- Sighisoara (Romania)
- 89 km
- Brasov (Romania)
- 141 km
- Bucharest (Romania)
- 277 km
- Plovdiv (Bulgaria)
- 159 km
- Edirne (Turkey)
- 215 km
- Istanbul (Turkey)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,549 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,819 tours in Europe
- covered by 256 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Transylvania Tale via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 3 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Transylvania Tale