- Our saving
- US $ 1,420
- Enjoy Budapest’s natural thermal springs
- Discover traditional woodcarving in Romania
- Visit ‘Dracula’s Castle’ in Brasov
- Explore the Blue Mosque of Istanbul
- Age range
- 18 to 65 year olds
- Hotel, Guesthouse
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Local Transport, Private Vehicle
- Rather Poor
- TLTobiasWritten on November 21, 20174.0 - GoodThe Transylvania Tale tour was fantastic. The destinations were all wonderful and the group was great (although it helped that it was a small group of only 6 people). Romania is one of the best places I've visited, but Bulgaria is also very beautiful. Even the 7-hour bus ride at the end to Istanbul didn't seem that long! The hotels were mostly very comfortable and in good locations. Some of the local drivers we had were questionable but the transport was smooth and comfortable.Show detailed ratingsTucan Travel commented on this reviewHi Tobias, we are so happy you joined us on the Transylvania Tour! It has so many beautiful and diverse destinations. We hope to see you on another Tucan Travel tour in the future!
- ElannaWritten on January 13, 20175.0 - ExcellentFantastic tour such a unique experience. The itinerary was amazing and our tour guide Jess was perfect!! highly recommend Tucan!Show detailed ratings
- AmandaWritten on June 9, 20154.0 - GoodI had a wonderful time. Our guide, Maria, was awesome.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive Budapest
- Day 2: Eger
- Day 3: Baia Mare
- Day 4-5: Sighișoara
- Day 6-7: Brașov
- Day 8: Bucharest
- Day 9: Veliko Tarnovo
- Day 10-11: Sofia
- Day 12-13: Plovdiv
- Day 14: Istanbul or Sofia
- Day 15: Depart Istanbul
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- October 1, 2016
Can people older than 60 go?
It depends on the age and fitness of the passenger and when they are planning to travel. We need to consult the tour operator to assess a request like this one on a case by case basis.
- February 18, 2016
Can a child join this tour?
Unfortunately there is a minimum age restriction of 18 years old for this tour.
- February 1, 2016
Can a minor join this tour?
This tour is not suitable for people under the age of 18yrs of age.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Emily Jane22nd December 2017
- Upcoming departures
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- SundayApr 15, 2018from Budapest15 DaysSundayApr 29, 2018to Istanbul7 seats left$60USD $1,439+ $234 Local Payment
- SundayApr 29, 2018from Budapest15 DaysSundayMay 13, 2018to Istanbul7 seats left$60USD $1,439+ $234 Local Payment
- SundayMay 13, 2018from Budapest15 DaysSundayMay 27, 2018to Istanbul7 seats left$60USD $1,439+ $234 Local Payment
- SundayMay 27, 2018from Budapest15 DaysSundayJun 10, 2018to Istanbul7 seats left$60USD $1,439+ $234 Local Payment
- SundayJun 10, 2018from Budapest15 DaysSundayJun 24, 2018to Istanbul7 seats left$60USD $1,439+ $234 Local Payment
- SundayJun 24, 2018from Budapest15 DaysSundayJul 8, 2018to Istanbul7 seats left$60USD $1,439+ $234 Local Payment
- SundayJul 8, 2018from Budapest15 DaysSundayJul 22, 2018to Istanbul7 seats left$60USD $1,439+ $234 Local Payment
- SundayJul 22, 2018from Budapest15 DaysSundayAug 5, 2018to Istanbul7 seats left$60USD $1,439+ $234 Local Payment
- SundayAug 5, 2018from Budapest15 DaysSundayAug 19, 2018to Istanbul7 seats left$60USD $1,439+ $234 Local Payment
- SundayAug 19, 2018from Budapest15 DaysSundaySep 2, 2018to Istanbul7 seats left$60USD $1,439+ $234 Local Payment
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria and Turkey. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria and Turkey. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Hungary. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Recommended for Romania and Turkey. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Romania and Bulgaria. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Budapest is the starting point and Istanbul is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Tucan Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $500 to confirm this Tucan Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 22 May 2018 the full payment of $1,420 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1420 for Transylvania Tale, but the deposit of $500 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Tucan Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Budapest (Hungary)
- 195 km
- Debrecen (Hungary)
- 147 km
- Baia Mare (Romania)
- 185 km
- Sighisoara (Romania)
- 89 km
- Brasov (Romania)
- 141 km
- Bucharest (Romania)
- 277 km
- Plovdiv (Bulgaria)
- 159 km
- Edirne (Turkey)
- 215 km
- Istanbul (Turkey)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,420 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,444 tours in Europe
- covered by 190 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 3 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Transylvania Tale