Transylvania Tale (from Budapest to Istanbul)
- Our saving
- US $ 1,355
- Enjoy Budapest’s natural thermal springs
- Discover traditional woodcarving in Romania
- Visit ‘Dracula’s Castle’ in Brasov
- Explore the Blue Mosque of Istanbul
- Age range
- 18 to 65 year olds
- Hotel, Guesthouse
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Local Transport, Private Vehicle
- Travel style
- Tucan Travel
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive Budapest
- Day 2: Eger
- Day 3: Baia Mare
- Day 4: Sighișoara
- Day 5: Sighișoara
- Day 6: Brașov
- Day 7: Brașov & Bran Castle
- Day 8: Bucharest
- Day 9: Veliko Tarnovo
- Day 10: Sofia
- Day 11: Sofia
- Day 12: Plovdiv
- Day 13: Plovdiv
- Day 14: Istanbul or Sofia
- Day 15: Depart Istanbul
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
- Rather Poor
- ElizabethDaviesWritten on June 21, 20195.0 - Excellent
It was excellent. The scenery was wonderful and all the towns we stopped in interesting . It was well organised and Ludi our guide was superb. Organised, good company and very informative. Not as much carrying of bags as we.d envisaged which was even better!Show detailed ratingsTucan Travel commented on this reviewHi Elizabeth! Thanks for taking the time to write a review! We are so pleased you joined us Europe and hope to see you on another Tucan Travel adventureReview collected by Tucan Travel
- TLTobiasWritten on November 21, 20174.0 - Good
The Transylvania Tale tour was fantastic. The destinations were all wonderful and the group was great (although it helped that it was a small group of only 6 people). Romania is one of the best places I've visited, but Bulgaria is also very beautiful. Even... Read moreShow detailed ratingsTucan Travel commented on this reviewHi Tobias, we are so happy you joined us on the Transylvania Tour! It has so many beautiful and diverse destinations. We hope to see you on another Tucan Travel tour in the future!
- ElannaWritten on January 13, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Fantastic tour such a unique experience. The itinerary was amazing and our tour guide Jess was perfect!! highly recommend Tucan!
- AmandaWritten on June 9, 20154.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
I had a wonderful time. Our guide, Maria, was awesome.
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Can people older than 60 go?
It depends on the age and fitness of the passenger and when they are planning to travel. We need to consult the tour operator to assess a request like this one on a case by case basis.
Can a child join this tour?
Unfortunately there is a minimum age restriction of 18 years old for this tour.
Can a minor join this tour?
This tour is not suitable for people under the age of 18yrs of age.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Michael7th March 2019
Transylvania Tale (from Budapest to Istanbul)
- Upcoming departures
- September 2019
- October 2019
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- SundaySep 1, 2019from Budapest15 DaysSundaySep 15, 2019to Istanbul5 seats left$920$2,299-40%USD $1,379+ $222 Local Payment
- SundaySep 15, 2019from Budapest15 DaysSundaySep 29, 2019to Istanbul7 seats left$920$2,299-40%USD $1,379+ $222 Local Payment
- SundaySep 29, 2019from Budapest15 DaysSundayOct 13, 2019to Istanbul7 seats left$920$2,299-40%USD $1,379+ $222 Local Payment
- SundayOct 13, 2019from Budapest15 DaysSundayOct 27, 2019to Istanbul7 seats left$904$2,259-40%USD $1,355+ $222 Local Payment
- SundayOct 27, 2019from Budapest15 DaysSundayNov 10, 2019to Istanbul7 seats left$700$2,259-31%USD $1,559+ $222 Local Payment
- SundayApr 12, 2020from Budapest15 DaysSundayApr 26, 2020to Istanbul7 seats left$621$2,299-27%USD $1,678+ $233 Local Payment
- SundayApr 26, 2020from Budapest15 DaysSundayMay 10, 2020to Istanbul7 seats left$621$2,299-27%USD $1,678+ $233 Local Payment
- SundayMay 10, 2020from Budapest15 DaysSundayMay 24, 2020to Istanbul7 seats left$634$2,349-27%USD $1,715+ $233 Local Payment
- SundayMay 24, 2020from Budapest15 DaysSundayJun 7, 2020to Istanbul7 seats left$634$2,349-27%USD $1,715+ $233 Local Payment
- SundayJun 7, 2020from Budapest15 DaysSundayJun 21, 2020to Istanbul7 seats left$645$2,389-27%USD $1,744+ $233 Local Payment
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria and Turkey. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria and Turkey. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Hungary. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Recommended for Romania and Turkey. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Romania and Bulgaria. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Budapest is the starting point and Istanbul is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- For any tour departing before 26 October 2019 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 26 October 2019, a minimum payment of $140 is required to confirm your booking with Tucan Travel. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 65 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Tucan Travel. Please familiarise yourself with the Tucan Travel payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Tucan Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for Tucan Travel tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Budapest (Hungary)
- 195 km
- Debrecen (Hungary)
- 147 km
- Baia Mare (Romania)
- 185 km
- Sighisoara (Romania)
- 89 km
- Brasov (Romania)
- 141 km
- Bucharest (Romania)
- 277 km
- Plovdiv (Bulgaria)
- 159 km
- Edirne (Turkey)
- 215 km
- Istanbul (Turkey)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,355 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 12,033 tours in Europe
- covered by 571 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Transylvania Tale (from Budapest to Istanbul) via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 3 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Transylvania Tale (from Budapest to Istanbul)